Start by marking “Wild Irish Heart (Mystic Cove, #1)” as Want to Read:
Wild Irish Heart (Mystic Cove, #1)

Wild Irish Heart

(Mystic Cove #1)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  6,888 ratings  ·  528 reviews
From New York Times Bestselling author, Tricia O'Malley, comes a romance series set on the rocky shores of Ireland.

It is time…

An ancient book, a power untouched, and a heart unloved lead Keelin O'Brien from her graduate studies in Boston to a small village on the coast of Southern Ireland. Determined to unearth the secrets lying hidden in the enchanted waters of the cove,
Published September 12th 2014 by Park & Stowell

To ask other readers questions about Wild Irish Heart, please sign up.
Vickie There is a prequel. Wild Irish Roots I didn't notice until after I read the first book. The Kindle edition is free. …moreThere is a prequel. Wild Irish Roots I didn't notice until after I read the first book. The Kindle edition is free. http://www.amazon.com/Wild-Irish-Root...(less)
Vickie There is a prequel. Wild Irish Roots I didn't notice until after I read the first book. The Kindle edition is free …moreThere is a prequel. Wild Irish Roots I didn't notice until after I read the first book. The Kindle edition is free http://www.amazon.com/Wild-Irish-Root...(less)

really liked it 4.00  ·

Book Loving Fairy-Blog
Nov 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Star Rating:
5 bloody brilliant stars!

Ireland.
I need to go to Ireland.
Reading this book has only heightened my need to go to Ireland and explore. I love stories like these and the characters that are in them. Keelin is amazing and inspiring yet she is almost like a normal person with her dreams but also with her doubts. Flynn is a secluded guy if you will..everyone knows him but nobody knows the truth of him. I was really really intrigued by this one and I hope to read the other 4 books in this s
Somia
Nov 26, 2018 rated it liked it
A Tepid 3 Stars

The first book in the series, presently free on Amazon, had the potential to be something fab, but overall, it’s a very light bit of fluff. Took me a while to be drawn in and when Keelin the heroine arrives at the Cove I was, a little. Quickly it became clear that the depth and magic I was hoping for wouldn’t occur.

The characters - primary and secondary are likeable, but I couldn’t help but feel the book needed something more, and its not the length of the book that’s the issue he
Heather Balog
Oct 22, 2014 rated it it was ok
Stella Kiel
Sep 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I found Wild Irish Heart on Amazon's free list. I wasn't sure about it at first due to mixed reviews, but I thought, bugger it! Just because some readers are harsh doesn't mean the book isn't worth it! I Loved it and will be reading the rest of the series as I thought Wild Irish Heart was well worth reading :-) Thank you Tricia for taking me to Grace' s Cove. Loved it
Erica T
Nov 05, 2016 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2016-reads
As part of a reading challenge I needed only one more book, and it was a book by an "O" author. This one was available and not too long which is good since my reading time is fairly non-existent lately. The story sounded interesting. I'm part Irish and would love to visit Ireland some day. Parts of the story were good, and I was intrigued by the magic and healing even though I normally shy away from those types of books. However, the sex scenes were completely unexpected and way too much for me. ...more
Sep 03, 2015 rated it it was ok
Just OK. The h never managed to make me like her, more dislike. The descriptions were boring and made me skip paragraphs and the sex scenes seemed too graphic and empty. The love felt forced. The magic explanations and descriptions left me rolling my eyes most of the times. She (i've already forgot her name) felt inconsistent, shallow, self-important and stupid. I loved her mother, thou', and would have liked to read about her. The "friendships" were rushed and childish. The dialogue sounded sti ...more
Holly Bargo
Aug 18, 2015 rated it liked it
Almost did not finish

I nearly gave up on this book more than once, initially because the first chapters bored me, then because the heroine is too stupid t o live. But she does. I stuck with it and the story did improve somewhat. There's not a lot of action, it's mostly dialog and internal musings. The editing is generally clean, but for a few cringe-worthy errors, such as you're instead of your and "disorientated" (which is not a word) for disoriented.
Christa
Nov 11, 2017 rated it liked it
A friend of mine recently returned from Ireland and recommended these books to me. It was alright, but not my favorite. The main character Keelin, has lived in Boston her whole life. She goes to Ireland to be with her grandmother Fiona. She discovers she has “witchy” powers - she is a healer. I loved Keelin’s exploration of her powers and her love of Ireland. The love interest Flynn was a little too controlling and frustrating for my personal taste.

I think if this was my first romance novel I w
Ame
Apr 03, 2016 rated it did not like it
Shelves: romance, supernatural, dnf
I couldn't finish this book. I really, really wanted to like it so much - Celtic magic? Mysterious Ireland? Hot love story? I was all in for this one. Then I started reading it..ugh. The editing is about normal for a decent Kindle book (none of them are without errors), a few slips but nothing really detracting. That's about the best thing I can say about this book.

The characters are two-dimensional and many actions don't seem to make sense. They get irrationally angry and then flip a 180 on a d
Stephanie
Jun 14, 2016 rated it did not like it
I tried. I really hate giving up on a book but the writing style did not draw me in. By the fourth chapter I realized I was forcing myself to trudge through it. I applaud anyone who takes the leap and publishes a book. However, this book mimicked my own style of writing that I know, deep down, requires much improvement. The imagery felt forced, the story line skimmed around deeper issues. I never really felt the need to learn more about the character.
WHY was the mother so superficial? WHAT did
C.
Graphic sexual scenes, before they even go all the way, warned me what I was in for! Too smutty.
Holly
I started listening to this on audio, but switched to the ebook about 3 chapters in. The heroine was frustrating me, but I thought it might be the way the narrator was speaking for her. Sadly, that wasn't the case. She was just immature and childish. She was supposedly 28 years old, but she acted like a teenager most of the time. Impetuous and headstrong, she rushed into things without thinking and even said things like "you can't tell me what to do!". What? You're adult, FFS.

"Stupid?" Keelin ha
Gogol
Sep 26, 2018 rated it did not like it
It isn’t rare for me to give books one star. But it IS rare for me to so actively despise everything about them as I do with this one. Mostly the one star books in my list just aren’t written well. But this was awful. Does this Ms. O’Malley even realise how despicable her heroine is? On top of the hideous writing and grammar, all the yours that are written you’re and vice versa, the sadly underdeveloped characters, cardboard situations, conversations and so on and so forth.

This was me venting o
Annemarie
Mar 14, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-in-english
I absolutely loved the magic, the pirate legends and the, but I wasn't a fan of the romance at all. Very insta-lovey.
Reni
Sep 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
For some reason I liked it better the second time round.
Namita
I really enjoyed this book. This is my first time reading Tricia O'Malley and I must say that I enjoyed her writing. The beginning was a bit slow but than it picked up. I love all the characters. Keelin and Flynn were awesome together.

A beautiful tale of true love with magic!
J. W. Garrett
Irish heart beats within...

This was a book I could not put down. I had to know what happened...I was up until midnight trying to finish it. I'm always hesitant trying a new author; however, Tricia O'Malley has just been added to my list to read. I really want to see what happens in the other novels. Characters were introduced in a way that makes me like them and want to know about their story. I had a special relationship with my grandmother and can relate with Keelin as she discovers on her arr
booksthrubifocals
Sep 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
Celtic mystery with romantic interest

Keelin is working on a post grad degree in marine biology. Her mom, Margaret is an Irish immigrant who spent her new life breaking off all her ties across the pond. She adamantly pushes her daughter to be all that is socially acceptable, and now wants her to settle down, marry and have a family. Keelin has never felt as though she fit in. Then she receives an ancient book and enigmatic message from her grandmother in Ireland. Keelin decides to spend some time
Maria Matthews
Jan 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed the book. I loved the whole idea of Grace O'Malley. Being Irish and a romantic I have read a few great books about this amazing pirate queen.
But I found I was disappointed that once again Ireland was depicted as a country of sunshine and heat. Truth is if you wear shorts in Ireland in the summer you would still wear tights unless you were between the age of 8 and 11 years where you race around so fast you do not feel the rain or cold.
The main characters were interesting but not strong
Diana
Sep 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. It had everything I could want- Ireland, love and
romance,mystic women and did I say Ireland? The breathtakingly beautiful village of Mystic Cove in Ireland is the star in this #1 book in the Mystic Cove series, along with the heroine, Keelin. I will definitely be reading the second book in this series.
Lyndi W.
Oct 06, 2015 rated it liked it
I felt like Keelin was incredibly immature and Flynn was a fairly flat character. Just didn't like or connect with either of them, but I enjoyed the plot and scenery.
Lesleya
Mar 26, 2017 rated it liked it
Warm and somewhat steamy trip to the Irish coastline - the magical elements were lovely and a change from what i usually read and I'm glad I took a chance on this series. Writing style reminds me of Jill Shalvis - but is different because of the mystical elements.

Enjoyed the characters very much but only gave a 3 because I'd wished for more interactions between the H/h. The focus of the story was more on Keelin accepting herself than on the finding love in her relationship with the H. The love
N.N. Light
I was drawn in by the cover and the blurb. Ireland is alluring to me and you blend romance with it and normally I'm all in. I didn't connect with the characters and in fact, they seemed quite flat. I hated the mother and her superficial ways. While I enjoyed the sweeping narration of the Emerald Isle, it didn't come across with the characters. Disappointing, actually.

My Rating: 3 stars
Anita (Anitareads)
Apr 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Becca
Sep 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wild Irish Heart

Magic and romance with a dose of Ireland made for a wonderful read. I was caught right from the beginning by all the characters.
Oana
May 06, 2018 rated it liked it
Liked this one, still room for improvement but I'll continue with the series for sure. Loved the Irish vibe... I went to Ireland two years ago and I absolutely loved it, such a lovely country!
Katrina Fair
Feb 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow, I truly LOVED, LOVED, LOVED this book. It had all of the right components. I'm not one to give away a story, so I won't go into details. The storyline itself was fabulous. The characters were such that I couldn't help but feel so much affinity for them. The setting, Ireland, with all the descriptions, took me right there, to Grace's Cove. And of course the magic, because what book set in Ireland could be without? This book got me, at the end I just felt happier! That's gotta be a good book. ...more
Stephanie
Mar 17, 2017 rated it it was ok
Overdrive suggested the audiobook as a St Patrick's Day read, so I went for it. I enjoyed the plot but thought the writing had some issues and could use more editing. Now that I see it's independently published that makes more sense. Also? I had to laugh at how many times the sun was supposedly shining in an Irish coastal town.
Kristy
Feb 14, 2017 rated it it was ok
Katyana
May 14, 2017 rated it liked it
***3.5***

It's odd, but the plot - the pacing, the depth - it felt like a short.

Keelin was a little TSTL. Her mom Margaret was an unforgivable asshole (view spoiler)
Madison Mega-Mara...: #52 - Wild Irish Heart 1 4 Mar 17, 2015 07:59AM
  • Le Cirque D'Amour (Burlesque! #1)
  • The Magic of Highland Dragons (The Clan MacCoinnach, #1)
  • Highland Shift (Highland Destiny, #1)
  • Mystical Seduction
  • Discovering Ren (Discovering Ren #1)
  • The Haunted (Sleeping with Monsters #1)
  • Fuel to the Fire (Fuel to the Fire, #1)
  • The One Nighter
  • The Vampire Pendant  (Blood Genies, #1)
  • Tall, Dark and Supernatural: Seven Deliciously Dangerous Heroes of Paranormal Romance
  • Tortured Soul
  • The Happy Ever Afterlife of Rosie Potter (RIP)
  • The Honor Of A Highlander (MacKinnon Clan, #1)
  • HeartsBlood (Praxis, #1)
  • His Forbidden Mate
  • Dark Wine (The Two Vampires, #1)
  • Bound by Dreams (Cauld Ane, #5)
  • Eternity (Immortal Witches, #1)
New York Times Bestselling author, Tricia O'Malley, lives in the Caribbean with her much doted-upon dogs, Briggs and Blue. On a typical day you will find her lost in the worlds of her making or gearing up to go scuba diving. Tricia loves fun vacation reads, hates wimpy characters, and hosts a serious addiction to traveling the world. She finds inspiration on the go – and you’ll often find her book ...more

Mystic Cove (8 books)
  • Wild Irish Eyes (Mystic Cove, #2)
  • Wild Irish Soul (Mystic Cove, #3)
  • Wild Irish Rebel (Mystic Cove, #4)
  • Wild Irish Roots: Margaret & Sean (Mystic Cove, #5)
  • Wild Irish Witch (Mystic Cove, #6)
  • Wild Irish Grace (Book 7 in the Mystic Cove Series)
  • The Mystic Cove Series (7 Book Series)
“The sea was a tempestuous woman, roughly angry one day, silkily soothing another. No other natural phenomenon reflected their moods as deeply as the sea. It was beauty. It was wrath. It was everything.” 5 likes
“When a soul meets its own truth for the first time there are no walls that can be put up. No shields.” 1 likes