Start by marking “Falling Star (Jersey Girl #1)” as Want to Read:
Falling Star (Jersey Girl #1)

Falling Star

(Jersey Girl #1)

Drew DiPalma feels like he's living a lie.

He's had it with his Hollywood persona, the high-maintenance women, and his sleazy agent. To escape the madness, he flees to a tourist town he'd often visited as a child. He never expected to find love on that little island. Then he stumbles upon Lainey alone on the swing set of a deserted beach.

After a dozen internet dating disa
ebook
Published October 24th 2014 by Pagan Writers Press

To ask other readers questions about Falling Star, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Falling Star

Christy McCurry
Oct 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this story. Even though I did find it to be very lengthy read.

Andrew "Drew" DiPalma ( Andy Palmer ) Well known actor. After 10 years in the Hollywood spotlight, along with dealing with his demanding Agent Paulie and his nagging co star Catherine Beaumont who is dead set on making their onscreen romance a reality.
He is tired of the Hollywood lifestyle He has lost touch with the small town boy from Pennsylvania he once was and he is determined to do something about it.

Lainey is
Paula
It was good until the misunderstanding happened, then they were both idiots.
Erica Alyson
Nov 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I love Laura's writing. The stories, the characters, all of it intrigues me. It sucks you in and doesn't let go until the very end. I have read almost all of her books and I will continue to because I love them.

There is a uniqueness to her writing that just draws me in and fascinates me. I recommend this book and all others by this author!!! This books felt different then her other books but I loved it just the same. Super cute story line. <3 <3
April Hollingworth
Oct 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Review Courtesy of April Hollingworth

This is the first book in A Jersey Girl series, and it is a wonderful start to what promises to be a fabulous series. Lainey loves life and wants’ to be an author; while Drew is running from the life he’s created as a Hollywood actor. Upon a chance meeting they find happiness together, and drew’s eyes are opened up to the magic of the world and that facing your fears is the only way forward. But his secret of whom he is threatens everything he has gained with
Ashley
Feb 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book

I loved the characters and the atmosphere. The air in this book has a magical, spiritual quality to it. While the plot is a little predictable, it is still well worth the read. Drew is an overall 10, though he is a little dumb about how he approached things. Really enjoyed this book.
Cherye Elliott
Nov 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Falling

Enjoyed the book. Fast paced. Interesting. It will bring out all sorts of emotions out of you. I am sure you will definitely love the happily ever after.
Belletab
Jul 09, 2017 rated it liked it
book was ok, but at this point not planning on reading the next book
Michelle Cornwell-Jordan
Oct 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I have been a huge fan of Author Laura Deluca since the Dark Musical Trilogies! Every book since that beginning series has shown the author’s growth and mastery of story-telling. Laura Deluca knows how to tell a great story! Whether Paranormal, Historical or Contemporary—Ms. Deluca’s books just keep getting better and better!

Falling Star is the tale of Mega-star Drew DiPalma who in an attempt of escaping the hectic and manic scene of Hollywood, heads back to a childhood vacationing spot in the s
Andrea
Nov 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
There are so many books out right now about "normal" people finding romance with big name celebrities, yet I find myself diving into them again and again. Don't we all have that fantasy from time to time? It's even more unlikely that finding that true soulmate, but it is fun to dream.

I like Lainey because I can relate to many parts of her personality. She has been through hell, yet manages to keep picking herself up and moving forward. She is working in a job that may not be her top choice for
Maria
Nov 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Falling Star is about two people from very different parts of the world. Jersey Shore girl Lainey lives and works in a Wildwood New Jersey and Drew is across the US living a rising actors dream.

When Drew decides to take a break and heads to the shore a place he recalls was relaxing to him as a child he meets Lainey. Lainey is just chilling alone on a swing, feeling the wind in her hair when suddenly a sexy stranger is way to close. She does what any Jersey Girl would do in this situation and thr
Kristin
Nov 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
I've read other books from Laura DeLuca, and am always fascinated at how well she can present a story. Even though I've never been to South Jersey, and do have a rather typical idea of what Jersey is like, she has painted a whole different scene in my head about what South Jersey really looks and feels like.
The story line was rather typical, overworked, over-stressed Hollywood star runs away to a small town where no one seems to re
Alina
Nov 30, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this for a challenge - A book that takes place in your hometown. It's obvious the author is also from my small hometown county. She named places, towns, roads, landmarks, all that I am so familiar with. It was neat in that sense that I could really relate to the setting of the book. The author drew out each of the main characters so that you felt like you really knew them. When the book is over but you are still thinking about the characters, then you know it is a good book and this was t ...more
S. Policar
Nov 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
***I did the editing on this work and thus cannot speak of any errors I may have or may not have found.***

This book, like all of Laura's work, is like a breath of fresh air in a sea of repetitive story-lines. This book takes the story of the typical boy meets girl, and breaths new life into it creating something new and refreshing.

The story not only draws the reader in with itself, but it of course wouldn't be complete without Laura's subtle touches of the Pagan faith thrown in for good measure;
Carol
Dec 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ms. DeLuca does it again! I am familiar with the Southern New Jersey area that she describes in this book. Many of the scenes brought back a lot of great memories. Her story grabs you from the beginning. You will cheer for the heroine throughout the book. You will fall in love with the hero (most of the time) because he finally realizes that his life was going along too fast. I guarantee you will really dislike the villainess. Many times while reading, I was mentally slapping the high and mighty ...more
Melissa Cheslog
Oct 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
This story is a cute concept. The heroine is a sweet girl that has a secret passion for writing in her free time. She has three close friends that are all unique and each brings out the best in the others. She can sing but is very shy and reserved. The hero is a burnt out movie star that is fed up with all that Hollywood has to offer. He leaves LA for Wildwood, New Jersey, in the hopes of some rest and relaxation. They meet at the beach and begin a relationship. He is going by his birth name so ...more
Katrina Roets
Oct 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
When I opened the Kindle last night and chose a random book, this was the one that was right on top. I have to say that other than some editing errors, I really enjoyed this book. That is the one downside to being an editor. Mistakes tend to jump out at me. However, there weren't that many and since the story was easy to follow, wrong word usage didn't hold it up one bit. Not only Lainey and Drew, but the entire gang were characters that you wanted to know. I know that I wanted to be a part of t ...more
Kim Motzer reisdorf
Oct 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is a wonderful love story about Drew who is a famous actor that is burnt out on life. He's tired of the fast life, the way people act, he needs a vacation. So, he takes off. Pretty good idea I think. He takes off to Wildwood, New Jersey where he spent some time when he was younger. His plan is to relax, hang out on the beach and hopefully not get noticed as a movie star. Soon after arrive he meets Lainey and as soon as he sees her on the swing singing her heart out he knows she's going to b ...more
Seanna Yeager
Oct 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I won a free copy through a goodreads contest.

I have never read a book by this author before, I am so glad I found her writing.

This romance was sweet, hot and filled with great characters. I can't wait to read the rest of the books in the series. I love when a series is focused around a strong group of friends.
Barbara
I love Actor/ falling in love with a normal girl stories, so I couldn't wait to read this. It was good, but at times dragged on and I found myself wanting to skip ahead. I love me some good sex scenes, but references to"member and rod" aren't sexy at all. Overall a decent read, and I want to read the next book in the series, since I am anxious to see what happens between the characters.
Haya
Sep 16, 2016 rated it did not like it
Shelves: boring
Booooooooring

The characters were too good and nice . They were never quirky or fun. It's just a story about two of the most boring people in the who got together.
I want my money back....
Carol
Apr 11, 2018
Tricia Hill
Dec 16, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Rook (Timeless Games, #1)
  • Matt Archer: Bloodlines (Matt Archer #4)
  • Silver Linings (Ripple Effect Romance #2)
  • Your Energy Speaks: Stories of Transformation through Energy Healing
  • Rubber Soul (Dust Bin Bob #1)
  • More Than Anything (Less Than Nothing, #2)
  • Righting a Wrong (Ripple Effect Romance #3)
  • HerStory: Fiction Honoring Women's History Month
  • Flash Bang
  • Melt For You (Boys of the South, #6)
  • Among Friends
  • True Colors (Landry's True Colors #1)
  • Above Par
  • Finding the Baby Jesus
  • Whirlwind Love Libby's Journey
  • Winter Reads (15 Novel Box Set)
  • Alexander Drake's Extraordinary Pursuit (Azra's Pith, Book 1)
  • The City of Souls
Laura “Luna” DeLuca lives at the beautiful Jersey shore with her four children and multiple cats. Her works include romantic thrillers, paranormal fiction, contemporary romance, and young adult. Visit her website at www.authorlauradeluca.blogspot.com for more information.

Jersey Girl (3 books)
  • In Perfect Harmony (Jersey Girl #2)
  • Brushed by Fate (Jersey Girls Book 3)