Start by marking “Bound in Black (The Vessel Trilogy, #3)” as Want to Read:
Bound in Black (The Vessel Trilogy, #3)

Bound in Black

(The Vessel Trilogy #3)

Genevieve Drake is on a dangerous mission—to find the soul collector, Lethe, and enter the deepest, darkest level of the underworld, where no one has ever gone into and returned. But nothing can prevent her from going after the precious treasure Lethe stole from her.

Genevieve endures challenge after challenge against demon spawn and foul creatures while there, and each tri

Published July 21st 2015 by Samhain Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Bound in Black, please sign up.
Juliette Cross Don't fret, Sheena. I would not allow irreparable harm to come to Jude. He's in BiB, but I've left him out of the blurb for good reason. Hope you cont…moreDon't fret, Sheena. I would not allow irreparable harm to come to Jude. He's in BiB, but I've left him out of the blurb for good reason. Hope you continue with their journey to the end. Thank you for reading! :)(less)

Start your review of Bound in Black (The Vessel Trilogy, #3)
Carol [Goodreads Addict]
This series is being re-released today! A brand new publisher and a brand new cover. This series is amazing! Don't miss it!

photo 10398026_811526992245680_3943611047676528068_n_zpsetkyitpo.jpg

Bound In Black is book three in The Vessel Trilogy by Juliette Cross. Where do I start with this book? From the first page of the first book I have been completely in love with these characters. I feel like I have watched Genevieve grow up in these three books.

photo 667e049292ec21d373fd7969648fad05_zpswjj89kff.jpg

This book starts up directly where book two left off. Jude has been taken. He is somewhere in the depths o
Kat valentine ( Katsbookcornerreads)
This series has been awesome!!! Juliette cross is a amazingly talented writer who's storytelling is beautiful. Her characters might be in the paranormal romance world but are just like you and I. With hopes,fears and wanting to love and be loved. Even her villains like the fallen angels deep down just want to feel again. Some get redemption and a chance at a new life while others have become completely evil and beyond hope. I've loved both the main characters Jude and Gen their attraction was in ...more
Carvanz
Holy freaking Hades!!! This author is an evil mastermind! I could hate her if I didn’t love her so dang much right now!

I just never knew this series was going to go in this direction when I started. Every step of the way I kept looking for where the next step was going to take me. Some I had a tiny bit of an idea about, just a tiny bit because this author gives nothing away! Mostly it was one surprise whether it be of horror, delight, or emotional, after another.

I am not a fan of series. I like
Naomi 🐨
Jan 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
What an awesome series this has been! You simply can't go wrong with anything that Juliette Cross writes!!!! I have thoroughly enjoyed the previous two books, but Bound in Black really rounds everything off nicely. The devotion and love between Gen and Jude is beautiful. I also loved the epilogue where we get to see some special moments in the future for them. I am not a big review writer (generally just a star review from me) but I just had to say how much I enjoyed Juliette's characters, her d ...more
Mindy Lou's Book Review
What an excellent way to end this trilogy and to gear up for the Dominion series! I've read these two series out of order, only because when I read the Dominion series I didn't research it to know there was a beginning series. I actually kind of liked that I did that. By the time I got to this book, I recognized a lot of my favorite characters and I liked getting to see how it all started. There is a lot going on in this series that will keep your attention. A lot of characters to get to know an ...more
Nicola
Jul 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 5-stars
(This review covers all three books in The Vessel Trilogy, and fear not, no spoilers included.)

Loved loved LOVED this trilogy, and once again Juliette Cross displays her mad skills in building a believable urban fantasy world and creating characters who each play an important role regardless of the page space they’re given—the fact that I’ve read 3 books over 3 days speaks for itself.

description A Vessel is a unique being that demons may seek for centuries but never find.” ~ Forged in Fire

Told from th
Dianne
Genevieve Drake has become a force to be reckoned with and she is on a mission to save the man she loves. And. She. Will. Not. Be. Stopped. If ever a heroine has grown into herself, her powers and her belief in the only thing to do, it is Genevieve and if you liked her before, you are going to love her now!

Juliette Cross’ BOUND IN BLACK proves that, yes, this series can get even better! Genevieve has a secret and like a mama bear, she will protect that secret with all she has, but she also has a
Claire
Jul 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 - "Damn, woman. You have some serious balls." Stars!

This is a dual review for the second and third books in The Vessel Trilogy; Sealed in Sin & Bound in Black. I decided to do it this way, because basically both books are equally awesome, and I can say very little about them for fear of giving away major spoilers.

The best part though, is that all three are now LIVE!

Amazon US –
Forged in Fire – http://a.co/ewWoI5R
Sealed in Sin - http://a.co/8ZbQiLG
Bound in Black – http://a.co/6KPAYGo

Amazon
Lover of Romance
This review was originally posted on Addicted To Romance

This review may contain spoilers, so fair warning, upon reading the review.

This is the finale in the Vessel Trilogy and I was so thrilled to get an early ARC of this by the author. This is a rerelease, and this trilogy was the first book written by this author just reading these books have made me realize how much I want to delve deeper into this author’s books. I wasn’t sure what would happen in this book but the blurb does give some par
Beth
Apr 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Cross once again takes us on an amazing adventure to the bowels of hell and back in Bound in Black.

Gen Drake will stop at nothing to save the one she loves from the soul collector, Lethe. Even if it means making a deal with the devil, or should I say demons. But it isn’t about her anymore, she has another life she holds in her hands.

The balance of the world lays at Gen's feet. Will good or evil prevail.

The prophecy is unraveling and the demon powers that be are not afraid to use Gen’s family an
Melliane
Jul 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
3.5/5

Mon avis en Français

My English review

The end of the last volume left our heroine in a very difficult situation with the Jude’s disappearance in hell and I admit that I was curious to see how far our heroine would be willing to go to save him. One thing is certain, she does not keep many limits to recover him.

Gen will therefore find herself embarked on a quest that could be too much for her while making some alliances with demons, angels and always desperate to save her disappeared husband
Christina
May 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
5 Stars - 3 Flames

Are you freakin' kidding me right now? Did this Trilogy just come to an end? WHHHHHHHHY???? My Lord, or Angels, this was jam packed with everything . And I mean EVERYTHING. So much so that I really don't even know where to start, so excuse me if my review is jumbled and all over the place.

STOP! If you haven't read the first two books in this Trilogy, YOU WILL BE LOST!

This installment picks up 1 month after Jude has been taken to the depths of Hell. With Gen's VS getting stron
Sylvia
I could not put this book down and read it pretty much in one sitting.

If you thought Genevieve was bad-ass in the other two books, then think again. In Bound in Black she is nothing but steadfast, brave, courageous and absolutely one kick-ass protagonist if I ever saw one. Blindly she forged through hell to bring Jude back from the depths of darkness, with nothing but her growing power and her spawn of light, Mira her white hawk, that she birthed after Jude was taken. She willed herself and fou
Sapphyria
Aug 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Of the books in the trilogy, Bound in Black is my absolute favorite (they are all great but book 3 is superb). The conclusion to the series is deep and emotional. Juliette Cross takes Genevieve and Jude to an all new level, one that had me weeping in sadness and for joy. During all of the emotional upheaval, everyone is preparing for the impending war between Light and Dark.

Juliette's writing style is wonderful and sometimes lyrical. The dialogue between all characters is smooth and understandab
All Things Urban Fantasy
Review courtesy of All Things Urban Fantasy.

There was a lot going on in BOUND IN BLACK. Gen ventured into hell, Thomas revealed his true nature, there was a prophecy that was coming to pass, and surprises abounded around every corner. Despite the revelation-filled plot line, however, BOUND IN BLACK felt slow, and it felt like a lot of the action was relegated toward the ending.

My great pleasure with BOUND IN BLACK was the number of questions that were answered. I hate it when there are loose end
Stacy
Apr 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
I am super thankful that all the books in The Vessel Trilogy released in the same year, having to wait longer for all the books would have been SO hard. After reading SEALED IN SIN I needed to get my hands on BOUND IN BLACK immediately as the cliffhanger had my brain scrambling way too much. It was definitely one of those times that being a book reviewer was super fortunate.

BOUND IN BLACK wastes no time getting into the story by starting right where SEALED IN SIN ends. There is no doubt in Genev
Mirabella
Jan 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
wow, what a fantastic conclusion to this wonderful trilogy! I want more! I think I have found a new favorite author, I have to check out all of her other books right now. The only little thing of this trilogy that annoyed me: some facts were so very predictable. The whole story is told from h's POV in first person, so usually the reader only knows that much as the heroine. But there were some obvious connections and facts I just knew at the beginning of this third book, where our heroine needs h ...more
Cheryl La Pa
Feb 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
Wow! What a way to finish a series! Plenty of action and romance with everything wrapped up nicely. I loved Jude and Genevieve, and how their relationship has grown.
This certainly won't be the last book that I read by Juliette Cross - she knows how to weave a great story with memorable characters and lure me into her paranormal world.
Maraya21 (The Reading Dragon)
Feb 15, 2018 marked it as dnf__no-rating
Shelves: dnf-graveyard
DNF/Abandoned @ 12% (Ch.4)

Original start date: February 15, 2018
Last Progress Made: February 15, 2018 @12,5%
Put On Hold: May 16, 2019
Booknista
Jul 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
Bound in Black is the third and final book in The Vessel Trilogy by Juliette Cross.

Warning: Contains malicious demons, sinister spawn, and a vengeful heroine with plans to send them all back to burning hell.

Oh yes. I like this warning. #BringOnTheDemons.

First a confession: I have not read the first two books in this series. But, I will now. I really want to see how Jude the H, and Genevieve the h, found each other and fell in deep sexy love. It took me a bit to figure out what Genevieve was, in
Leah 🧜‍♀️
This was the perfect ending to this story.

All of the emotions. SO MANY. I may or may not have shed some tears in this book, that is for sure.

With this series, it was fun to actually see the growth of Juliette’s writing, with this being her first series. You can see it just get better and better as she goes on and I think she really hit her stride in this book. It was definitely my favorite in this trilogy and a book that I won’t be forgetting any time soon.

I would definitely recommend this tr
PP's Bookshelf
I just devoured Bound in Black by Juliette Cross. This series is that kind of addictive. Jude and Genevieve's epic love story has finally found a happy ending but not before they battled against the evil valiantly. This fantasy romance is extremely well plotted and well executed. The plethora of emotions. The vivid and colourful description of the supernatural entities and the different worlds. The tight narrative. The eclectic and fascinating mix of suspense, romance and sizzling hot passion.

I
Erin Kelly
Aug 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Bound in Black is the third book in Cross's Vessel Trilogy and is an extremely fitting end to this amazing series. I recommend reading this series in order as there are many references and plot twists that payoff throughout this book. I liken it to the same feeling you get when you read the final Harry Potter book.

The Story-
I'm not going to give away too much, but Genevieve has been through quite a journey since book 1, and this book is where the entire battle between good and evil comes to a h
Sheena
Jan 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I needed this like I need food...

and water.....

and possibly oxygen....

In Sealed in Sin, I was soooo mad at Gen I could spit, but equally proud that she emerged from her FOLLY a warrior hell bent on getting her man and ensuring Light prevails!

*bounces in chair*

Aside from being deeply sensual and emotional at times to balance the savagery that the Great War promises, Bound in Black is a book about self discovery and perseverance. Every protagonist (and even a few of the antagonists, ha!) were face
Diane (Books and Tequila Blog)
Bound in Black is a wonderful conclusion to the Vessel Trilogy. It starts up right after the emotional cliff hanger that book two ended on and gets right into the action.

The story is action packed as the forces of good and evil prepare for war, but it is also emotional and romantic.

“…The sad one doesn’t live long.”
“What do you mean? You can’t die from sadness.”
“Even if the body’s breathin’, that don’t mean you’re livin’, lass.”

I really enjoyed this exciting and emotional series. These stori
KathyAnne
Apr 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I finished this a while back but just haven't had time to write a review... so, I'll just say very quickly that I was intrigued with book one, blown away by book two and well, totally invested in the finale with book three. :) Great PR series and an author that I've grown to really love as one of my favorite in the PR genre. Can't wait to see what else she has up her sleeve!

ARC was provided by Netgalley
Rhenna Morgan
Aug 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Juliette really wrapped up The Vessel Trilogy with a bang! As with the rest of her works, this installment was beautifully written with exceptional description and witty dialogue. Not one detail (that I can think of, anyway) was left unaccounted for, and there were more than enough "wow, didn't see that coming" moments to keep me delightfully off-kilter. If you enjoy paranormal/fantasy series' with kick ass romance, this is definitely one to snatch up. ...more
Melinda
Ohhh i hope for a spin off

So I know it says a trilogy and it totally wraps things up for you at the end but there is so much story left! I hope of continues if it hasn't already! This was a really good read I enjoyed the world that has been created. The journey to bring Jude back was do e soooo well and not just the part down under!
Toula
Oct 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic positive story . Shows what a great true love is . That there is no ends and bounds that one will do to get back their true love . Don't give up and go into hell and do everything to get the person back . Something to read and imagine when the Great War between the fallen angels and the light happens . Who and what tries to play tricks to your mind . Do you give in to the darkness ...more
Bexa
Nov 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
Honestly, I enjoyed this trilogy but really felt that the last book fell a bit flat at the end. It really feels like there should be another series or a continuation of some kind. It really didn't finish.

That is the only thing that let this down. I needed more of a completion.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Forrest for the Trees (Green Valley Heroes, #1)
  • Try As I Smite (Brimstone Inc., #4)
  • The Demigod Complex (Brimstone Inc., #1)
  • Shift Out of Luck (Brimstone Inc., #2)
  • Bait N' Witch (Brimstone Inc., #3)
  • Entreat Me
  • That Time I Got Drunk and Yeeted a Love Potion at a Werewolf (Mead Mishaps, #2)
  • Under One Roof (The STEMinist Novellas, #1)
  • The Devil You Know (The Devils, #3)
  • Mr. Perfect
  • Seatmate (Love Lines, #3)
  • Three Act Tragedy (Hercule Poirot, #10)
  • The Aristocrat
  • Princess Princess Ever After
  • Reaper (The Dark in You, #8)
  • Stone Heart (Dark Olympus, #0.5)
  • Brutal Vows (Queens & Monsters, #4)
  • The Forsaken King (Forsaken #1)
See top shelves…
For upcoming news and releases, sign-up here: http://eepurl.com/XeKIn

JULIETTE is a multi-published author of paranormal and contemporary romance, including the best-selling STAY A SPELL series. She is the co-host of the podcast, Smart Women Read Romance with her niece, Jessen. As a native of Louisiana, she lives in the heart of Cajun land with her husband, four kids, and sundry animals. When she i

The Vessel Trilogy (3 books)
  • Forged in Fire (The Vessel Trilogy, #1)
  • Sealed in Sin (The Vessel Trilogy #2)

News & Interviews

It’s hard to believe the year 2022 is already coming to an end. That went fast, didn’t it? Still, there’s just enough time to wedge in a...
“There are few things in this world that truly make us content. There’s a difference between happy and content, did ya know?"
I shook my head, having never given the idea much thought.
"Happy is what you are when you buy yourself a new hat, when you look on something grand for the first time, when a lad surprises his girl with roses. But content is different entirely. A content person feels that all is right with the world even when tragedy strikes, even when loss weighs the spirit down. They’re still at ease within themselves no matter what calamity breaks their heart. Do you see? "
I did. I nodded, though I wasn’t quite sure where all this was going.
"Just so, a person can be depressed or sad. The depressed person feels the blow of some misfortune---loss of a job, a pet dies, a car accident. With time depression goes away. But the sad one..." He shakes his head leveling his gaze on me. "The sad one allows misfortune to darken the spirit, to smother any hope left inside. The sad one doesn’t live long."
"What do you mean? You can’t die from sadness."
"Even if the body’s breathin’, that don’t mean you’re livin’, lass.”
0 likes