Start by marking “It Happened on Tarantula Island” as Want to Read:
It Happened on Tarantula Island

Read Book

It Happened on Tarantula Island

One loopy scientist, two enormous tarantulas, five bungling pirates, a suspicious chicken, and a ten year old boy with a fondness for whales come together on a small island within the vast folds of the ocean to discover utter silliness in a colorful adventure. Twisty mind-candy for both kids and good-humored adults still young at heart.
ebook
Published by Imagination Ether Press (first published January 16th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about It Happened on Tarantula Island, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about It Happened on Tarantula Island

Start your review of It Happened on Tarantula Island
M.J. Faraldo
Sep 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: young readers of all ages...
I was lucky enough to receive “It Happened on Tarantula Island” as an ARC and believe me when I say that this story is as crazy as drinking your own potions cause drinking them would be crazy but I’m not crazy! This story has everything a story should have, good characters, whales, pirates, scientist, treasure hunts and giant spiders… oh and Sidney of course!
I recommend this book to all younger readers, this type of book is the type that would make young people love stories and it will boo
Shelley Moran
Jan 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book along with my eleven year old son. There were so many times we sat together laughing out loud at the crazy antics of Uncle Gerry, Christopher and the band of pirates, not to mention Sidney and of course the tarantulas. Devon and Link's writing is wonderfully descriptive and completely entertaining. You don't have to be a youngster to enjoy this story, it will appeal to readers of all ages that like to read funny, light-hearted stories.
Glen
Nov 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
What an imaginative story! Young readers of all ages will delight in the motley cast of characters, from a wacky scientist to captain Shadow’s not-so-scary pirate crew. Add to that the giant tarantulas, ornery treasure map, haughty chicken, crabs, slugs, and all sorts of zany hijinks going on and you’ve got one scallywag of an adventure tale. I absolutely loved it!
Dec 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Crabs, slugs, humming flowers, potions, pirates and the nuttiest scientist a giant tarantula could ever dream of - it's all going down on Tarantula Island. The characters are charming and this book sounds fantastic when read aloud to a little one. I can't decide who giggled more at the pirate accents, me or my three month old. It's silly and fun, and the text is more than engaging for the older-young reader / young-hearted old reader.
Erth
Oct 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
now i am hooked. This was such a great, easy and creative book. i was hooked after the first page.

The characters were easy to fall in love with and follow, along with the story. the author made the mental visions so easy and vivid of the surroundings and the characters actions felt so real.

i would highly recommend this author and this book.
Ronald Russo
Bonnie
Apr 06, 2015
Patricia smith
Apr 06, 2015
Kimberly Grenfell (a.k.a. Devon Winterson) has been an avid reader of fantasy books since childhood, and has studied creative writing and editing both on her own and through college and independent classes.

Since 2008, she has been a line editor, a contributing editor, and an art director for Writer's Beat Quarterly, a free online magazine for The Writer's Beat writing community. Kimber