Start by marking “Silver & Black (Silver & Black, #1)” as Want to Read:
Silver & Black (Silver & Black, #1)

Silver & Black

(Silver & Black #1)

As the CEO of Silver Coffee, the largest coffeehouse chain in the world, Brian Silver has everything: money, power, sex, and luxuries at his disposal. But when a tragic health event leaves him vulnerable, he realizes those things are worthless. He is on a mission to fill the void in his life when he first meets the young, gorgeous Greyson Black, who is working his way thro ...more
Published April 1st 2015 by Tyler May Books (first published February 26th 2015)

Start your review of Silver & Black (Silver & Black, #1)
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★

★★★★1/2! Silver & Black, book 1 of 3. Greyson’s life goes from swept off his feet by Brian Silver CEO of a coffee empire to stalked by someone out to hurt him!

“I want to show you what it’s like to have a man make love to you, not just fuck you. ” He stops and smirks. “But there will be plenty of fucking, too.”

Books in Silver & Black series should be read in order:
Book 1: Silver & Black - Silver & Greyson
Book 2: Levi - Levi’s story
Book 3: Titanium - Silver & Greyson

In Silver & Black (book 1) while working as a barista Greyson Black, encountestory
BookGreyson
Bookorder:
Bookhim!
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
So I saw a review for this one that likened it to the gay version of Fifty Shades of Grey....yeah well, that reviewer....

....it was pretty comical.

So I will leave you with some funny Fifty Shades gifs I found....Enjoy the laughs!

....it was pretty comical.

You're welcome people!

Needless to say this was a DNF for me!
Katrina Passick Lumsden
Jun 13, 2015 rated it did not like it
Jennifer☠Pher☠
Mar 07, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: m-m
What a train wreck. You know what I mean. Bad business but you can't look away. I finished it just for the pure cheese that it offered me. Oh man, was this cheesy. I know what I was supposed to get out of it but man oh man, that is not what I got. But, because I knew what I was supposed to feel I was able to just keep reading and shaking my head until I was dizzy. Knowing what the characters were supposed to be just brought even more entertainment.

I'll probably read the next one.

Angela Bee Bee
Silver & Black by Tyler May So very curious about this one. http://smile.amazon.com/Silver-Black-...

Umm, not curious anymore.
This was... not good. I mean like NOT GOOD!!

I wrote it like that to match the style of the book. Disturbing overuse of all-caps, italics, bold, and double exclamation points. Lots of other not good stuff not worth mentioning.

"His stare is deep and examining. I can see contemplation in his eyes."

So, do not recommend. Or read the sample first to see if you can stand it. Appears many seem to be fine with it.

Me, not so much.
Jamie ♡♡ submits to books ♡♡
***** 5 STARS OF YES YES YES *****

"The world's not that small for everything to be a coincidence."

photo PicsArt_1427772115363_zpsyke3xnnf.jpg

Brian Silver and Greyson Black.....oh what a story this was to read unfold.

Black, a 23 year old, junior in college, working as a barista in a popular coffee shop. After a night out and way too many drinks later courtesy of Mr Silver, Greyson's life begins a transformation of goodness and craziness. Never does he realize that coincidences just don't happen in his world. There is a sexy man behind the sequence of e*****
~Kristin~
DNF 25%
This book has so many problems, I'm not sure where to start!
The writing is very choppy and has no real flow, so it's impossible to get into the characters. It is very obviously a take on 50 Shades, which I happen to love, this not so much. Can you really go from tears about a cheating ex and break-up to "I love him" a different him mind you, in one day? I tried to stick this out and see where it was going, but it's not gonna happen. The best thing about this book is the fabulous cover!
вιвℓισρнιℓια {кιηgѕℓєу & ѕøяєη ƒσяєνєя}
description....

"Say yes."

Even with some 'grammar issues' and my brain kinda working things out ;) it was still a very enjoyable read. Hot, angsty and fun. I really liked these 2 actually, looking forward how they 'learn to balance business, pleasure, life, and loss in the next installment of Silver & Black: Titanium.'

Trio
phew where to start...
I'll just say honestly: I needed it for a wealthy MC challenge, otherwise I doubt I'd have finished it.

The comparisons to Pretty Woman are so glaringly obvious that they even joke about it throughout the story. There's also a bit of the 50 shades thing going on (sans BDSM) with the millionaire/poor college student scenario.

I couldn't keep from rolling my eyes a bit at some of the banter since I seriously doubt any men - or any humans - would re
Sue bowdley
Feb 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
How to start this review...I will ignore the "This is like fsog".....You want that go read it...If you want a hot m/m book with some angst...tension and passion then read this.......I'm not used to reading books in first person so sometimes it takes me awhile to get into them...This one took about one chapter before I settled down to a good hot read...Greyson Black is a young man coping with a past he tries to forget...He's a strong guy for someone who's been through what he has....He works in a ...more
Funzee Shu
Mar 19, 2015 rated it liked it

*** 3 Cinder~fella~Stars ***

description

“I have specific tastes and I don’t date often. It took a while to find you and I want you. All of you.

I want the next time that you experience any type of ecstasy to be from my hands, my body, ME. No one else gets this; no one else gets this desire from you.

This book come with this note from the author....

***No BSDM or anything like FSOG***

I know the author want the readers not to comparing this book with FSOG, but do you knoauthor....
Caroline Brand
REVIEWED FOR PRISM BOOK ALLIANCE

4.5 Stars

Tyler May is a relatively new author for me and I fell in love with her blind vampire Zander as soon as I read his story in Angel of Darkness. When I saw Silver & Black was due for publication I quickly put in a request to Prism to review it. Just as the ARC landed in my inbox there were all sorts of posts on social media with it being compared to FSoG. I immediately assumed, wrongly might I add, that it must have a BDSM elemen
K
Feb 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was completely enamored in the lives of Greyson Black and Brian Silver. I am pretty sure I smiled through the biggest part of the book. Tyler May is a new author to me but I will definitely be following this series. Why did I love this story so much? Sometimes you just want to snuggle up with a good book that makes you feel good yourself.

I like many different types of stories. I like dark and mysterious, BDSM, psychological thrillers, some paranormal, historical, and I LOVE contemporary. Silver &
KatieMc
Mar 10, 2016 marked it as abandoned
So this is a second order fanfic hoping to be the gay 50 shades. I lost interest when Greyson oogled about Silver running a million dollar business. A million dollar business? That could be the Jiffy Lube down the street.
Lelyana
Read my other review here here

Hmmmm....

You want honest? Okay. I enjoyed the 50% of this book, even I recalled some 'similarities' with 'that one famous book' and some books after that. And the next was just felt flat.
Here's my list...

Billionaire
Stalking
Research
Contract
Penthouse
New smartphone
And the texting
”What you do to me?” (remember this?)
…all of “He’s a good man” thing ;)
Quotes :
“I’m a complicated man, Mr. Black, and I’m very selfish. So when you agree to want me. I expect it only to be me.” Whoa
list...
here
What ...more
Mirjam
Jun 30, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mm

“Are you sure?” “Yeah,” he whispers. “I need a solid yes or no, Mr. Silver.” I use his words.
He chuckles.“Yes, Mr. Black, I’d very much like it if you would fuck me.”

This was such a sweet story, it has humor and laughter and the banter, not only between them Brian & Grey, will keep you smiling throughout the book. And let's not forget the chemistry between the MCs! You will need to cool down from time to time. Their relationship is pure but complicated because Brian has not been honest towards Grey. The plo
Tami czenkus
Mar 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I must admit that i was very sceptical purchasing this book due to it being of the m/m genre, and i usually do not go out of my way to read strictly m/m...........
That being said, I was pleasently surprised with the story itself, i was able to look deeper then the sex scenes (which were way beyond hot by the way).
Tyler May grabs your attention and holds it throughout the entire story and the twists and turns totally blew me away in the best possible way.
The banter between the c
Elizabeth
Mar 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
I loved this book, I found the main characters interesting, flawed, human, predictable and unpredictable all at the same time which in turn I think makes the story more believable. Let's face it, in life you come across all kinds of people and sometimes the most impossible scenarios are the ones that are true. I enjoyed every aspect of the this book, the romance, the backstories, and the drama. At the end of the book there was a note that there will be a second book continuing the story of the t ...more
AvidReader
May 26, 2018 rated it liked it
The suspense and twist was good. And it gave me all the closure I needed. Don’t know why but several times I got fifty shades vibe in this book.
Valerie Degeorge
Jan 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I will start off by saying that I absolutely loved this story.
This is my first book that I've read from this author and it won't be my last.
Greyson Black is a college student working as a barista at Silver Coffee one of the largest coffee chains in New York. Greyson has not had an easy life, forced to mainly take care of himself since a young teen when his mom passed away, he has learned to be independent but it didn't come easy for him he has suffered hurt along the way.
He has been havi
Firenz
Mar 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this. Some people have likened it to 50 shades of grey. Those people obviously didn't read 50 shades. Yes we have the billionaire trope here. So what I happen to like the trope and it's more rare in gay novels than main stream.

I liked the characters, both had very distinct and likable characteristics. There was no intense suspense, we had a bit of the action at the end but nothing that overwhelms the rest of the book. We had good supporting characters in Conner, Brady, Jeff
Gabby Johns
Mar 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
NO FSOG! NO COMPARE! What can I say about this book? This is brilliant. I've been seeing people compare it to FSOG and I don't SEE it AT ALL. NOT at all. There is no Christian Grey. Christian was abusive and controlling. Silver is NOTHING like that. NOTHING. I'm tired of hearing people compare every rich man/woman and poor man/woman novel to FSOG. Really? This story was original. Yes, there were some mistakes. I've been watching this author for awhile now and I noticed that she is polite and one ...more
Tracy
Sep 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
**I was given an ACR from the author for my honest review**

Another amazing book by Tyler May! I was hooked from beginning to end.

I have seen the comparison to FSOG in some reviews, NO JUST NO. The plot in Sliver & Black was very original, you can't compare every couple you read about (billionaire/student or older/younger) to FSOG that's just crazy. Yes there are a few errors in the story but not enough to pull you from the story, but I don't think I have read a book in the past yea
Ed Davis
Apr 19, 2019 rated it liked it
Well, this is a hard book for me to review. I always have two books going at the same time. One I read and the other I listen to. This was an audiobook for me. The narrator was so bad he reminded me of a 5th grader struggling through difficult words. Plus he kept saying dinna instead of didn’t. I wanted to scream.

Now, for the book itself. I tried to look past the narrator and just focus on the book. For the most part I liked it. I thought Black was obnoxious, but Silver made up for him. All thi
Sam Callaghan
Feb 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I will be honest and say I was sceptical that this would be another rich guy with a troubled background gets the poor guy by buying him story but it wasn't.
Brian Silver has had to cope with things but they aren't damaging to his personality. He wasn't abused, unloved etc he had a condition that left him feeling vulnerable and because of that he likes control. Not in a BDSM way he actually wants to help people and feels powerless if they don't want his help.
Enter Greyson Black. He works at
Mags
This is a new author to me, and I really wasn't sure what to expect as the reviews I read before were mixed and full of references to Fifty Shades. Which I have read and found to be ok, but this is nothing like fifty shades. I found it to be a really enjoyable read, I loved Grey ( Mr Black) and Brian (Silver) as well as the other characters Levi, Deborah and Connor. The story was hot, and clever although I figured out one of Silver's secrets pretty much from the start. I had no idea about the ot ...more
Tracy Perry
Nov 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
WOW... I really enjoyed this book, got hooked right away even though I was a crying mess 5%in.. The story takes you in right away & your pulse is going crazy b/c you can't wait to see what happens next & not wanting to put the book down! The story took towards a twist almost at the end & I got peed off & flicked my e-reader(oops). The book had my heart racing & I was emotional. Had a few laughs & a nice few cries(happy&sad). But damn, the sex scenes were hot!!! I love ...more
Lala
DNF at 20%.

I just can't anymore...

I never thought I would get this sick of reading the words 'silver' and 'black'.

According to my reader -

the word black is mentioned 160 times;

silver is mentioned 829 times.

No, seriously??? 829 times???!!!
 photo kill-me-now_zps7b660ca3.gif

I won't even start on the story itself...a millionaire stalker, a cinderfella, and a cheesy romance...

And the cover was so good. :(
Dee Jonas
Mar 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
BUY THIS! You'll love it. I Loved it. Can't wait for more. I read some of the other reviews that said about editing or mistakes, but I guess I was too into the story to notice. I usually catch those things too. The story spoke for itself regardless of if there were a few mistakes or editing problems. What book doesn't have that now a days? The characters were well developed and the plot was original. Totally worth five stars! It's nice to see this author take off. I'm sure it's not easy to put y ...more
Makhda
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Takeover (Takeover, #1)
  • More Than Friends (More Than Friends #1)
  • Timing (Timing, #1)
  • Of Sunlight and Stardust
  • Rocket Science
  • King Me (Forever Wilde, #7)
  • Top Priority (The Game #1)
  • Forgotten: Luca (The Four, #1)
  • Starting from Zero (Starting From #1)
  • Just Business (Takeover, #2)
  • A Different Light (Begin Again, #1)
  • Today (Single Dads #2)
  • Happy for You (Love & Family #3)
  • Coming Home (Firsts and Forever #9)
  • Stand In Place
  • Elements of Retrofit (Thomas Elkin, #1)
  • Single (Single Dads #1)
  • Crossroads (Crossroads, #1)
“out of hardship and pain comes growth and strength.” 2 likes
“It’s called anticipation, Mr. Black. Haven’t you ever heard that saying: the anticipation of the touch is just as erotic as the touch itself?” 1 likes