Start by marking “Conceiving Evil” as Want to Read:
Conceiving Evil

Conceiving Evil

4.38  ·  Rating details ·  48 Ratings  ·  22 Reviews
Like everyone else after the economic crash, Abby Torrance was struggling financially. But then Dorian Lincoln, a political and business icon, sweeps her off her feet and into a life of promise. He’s a man who has enough power to change the world for the better, a man who can give hope to the masses, a man who can give Abby a baby.

But the road to Hell is paved with good in
Published October 16th 2014 by Dark Hollows Press

To ask other readers questions about Conceiving Evil, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Conceiving Evil

Lola White
Sep 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
What would you do if you lived in a world without hope? If the economy tanked and all around you people were starving, living on the streets, and you had no one to fall back on? What would you do if a powerful, wealthy man propositioned you, asking you to be his mistress and promising to take care of you in every way.

Except sex. No sex until he asks his wife for a divorce.

Let’s say you agree, because the man is everything you thought you’d never have, and he promises to give you the family you a
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Jan 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is a really short story that I literally sat and inhaled pretty quickly.

When Abby finds herself alone and in financial trouble it's Dorian that comes to her aid. In return he wants her at his beck and call. As we read the story we realise what Dorian really wants from Abby.

I'm giving this four stars as I really enjoyed it. I couldn't read it quick enough. Although short the author compacted a lot into the story. The only downfall for me is the abrupt ending.
B. Truly
Oct 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
That's it! I'm giving this short story a 4 star because even for a short story it is very short but I did like the plot and where it went. The very beginning of the story reminded me of 50 shades but I am glad that soon changed. This story was fast paced, but it left me with more questions. Spoiler alert: I had an idea that Dorian might be the Antichrist. That was an interesting concept for me being religious because I believe in Revelations. I had trouble understanding how Abby could still be e ...more
Maria Suarez
Oct 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
I received this book from the author and from Paranormal Romance and Authors That Rock. Conceiving Evil by Jenna Fox is a very interesting book about Abby a girl that was struggling to survive until she meet Dorian a very powerful man that promises everything she will ever want as long as she becomes his mistress and surrenders herself to him. Then only thing that can not happen between then is sex until he is divorce and she is ready to give him a baby. The thing is that he is not the man she ...more
Nov 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
Conceiving Evil was given to me by Jenna Fox

Abby's life was a mess before Dorian entered it. Dorian gave her a job and a better life and told she belonged to him even though he is married. But his wife is just part of his public persona and can't give him the children he wants, that is where Abby comes in, once he divorces his wife.

As I read Conceiving Evil my mind kept wondering back to Rosemary's Baby with a twist, Abby actually knows what she is doing and Dorian is, at least it seems that wa
Scarlett
Apr 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I'm so glad I chose this book as my first read by author Jenna Fox. This ended up being one of those short books that was so good I didn't want it to end. I easily could have finished in one sitting but took my time and spread it out across a couple of days.

This story is what I'd call supernatural erotic horror, and as I'm a fan of all three of those genres, I really loved this story. It helped that Fox is a great storyteller whose prose is tight and fast-paced. I felt all the roller-coaster of
Sheri
Sep 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
Abby was struggling her way through life until she met Dorian, the answer to her prayers – or so she thought. Dorian promised to make all her dreams come true. The only thing she must do in return is surrender herself to him completely.

This short story really packed a punch. At only 35 pages (approximately), it was fast paced and full of action and suspense. I would love it if the author had plans to delve deeper into Abby's story, as there is so much more I would love to see from her. I additi
ByoBook Club
Jan 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lindsey
This is a short novella about a girl name Abby who has had a long run of bad luck before the mysterious married Dorian came into her life. Dorian now gives Abby everything she wants because one day when he divorces his wife they can be together and work on her conceiving their child because his current wife cannot conceive.

Now while reading this book I couldn't put it down because I had no clue what was next . It was short fast pace and left you wanting for more .

Ms.Fox writes a captivating stor
Sapphyria
Oct 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: 18+
Be careful what you wish for....

Abby Torrance is like many people in our world today - finding it extremely difficult to make ends meet. When she meets a very successful man who promises her everything she could ever want, including a child, Abby tosses caution to the wind. She even goes so far as to ignore the signs and prophetic dreams that are hinting to her that not all is well in her new piece of paradise.

When Dorian meets Abby he pulls her into his life with the promise that she'll never w
A.C. Melody
Jan 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book is a tease in every single way possible - but I really, really liked the concept of it! Despite being written in the first person POV, which I normally avoid, I only wish that it had been much longer and more fleshed out. Just the minimal details Jenna included surrounding her idea of a futuristic world, where the economy has completely crashed, were so thought out, that I felt it deserved a full-length novel.

My only other complaint, was not knowing that that was the kind of world I w
Rachel
Nov 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I received a free copy of Conceiving Evil by Jenna Fox for a blog tour and my honest review.

Conceiving Evil was a great read! If you're short on time but want to be engrossed in a story, this is it for you. It was slightly dark, slightly erotic, twisty~turny, and just attention getting.

Abby was down and out, too much outgoing, not enough incoming, but Dorian took just about all of her cares away. She has 2 jobs really...To see to Dorian's desires, which is pretty easy considering they don't have
Babel
CONCEIVING EVIL
is a bewildering short story that I assume will go on to more parts to unveil new mysteries. A fusion of Rosemary's Child and Fifty Shades of Grey, it recounts the complete surrender of a woman to a dominant, rich man who wants her to carry his seed.
Smitten with him, she will obey his commands, take his harsh love games and wait till the right time to conceive his child. Despite how creepy the man actually is, his plans and real identity are quite obvious to any but naïve Abby. Up
Nadia Debowska-Stephens (Obsessed by Books)
~*~ Obsessed by Books arc given in exchange for an honest review~*~

This is a short story following along the lines of Rosemary's baby but with a twist. Abby is willing and she certainly knows what she is getting into.

"The man was my tempted and my savior wrapped into one."

Abby meets Dorian at the lowest point of her life, she's just lost her mother is struggling financially and emotionally and he appears from no where and offers everything she needs, well apart from sex. He refuses to touch he
Lindsey
Jan 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is a short novella about a girl name Abby who has had a long run of bad luck before the mysterious married Dorian came into her life. Dorian now gives Abby everything she wants because one day they will be together once he divorces his wife they can work on her conceiving their child.
Now while reading this book I can almost see the similarities between this book and the Omen but it so good it didn't matter because I still could not stop reading and when it ended I wanted more .
Ms.Fox writ
Storm Chase
Jan 02, 2015 rated it liked it
A short modern retelling of Rosemary's Baby by Ira Levin that blends BDSM and horror. 3.5 stars.

I was given this in return for an honest review.

If you met the devil, he'd be into BDSM, right? Abby has sold her body to Dorian, a married philanthropist billionaire with a penchant for punishment. It's well written and I was enjoying it but the wrap-up was far too fast for me. Also, I recognised the plot straight away as that of Rosemary's Baby. The weird meds, the craving for raw meat, and the ex w
Tanya Rae ~ TaSTy WordGasms
Dec 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: dark, erotic
Conceiving Evil was a short story with an OMG & a WOW ending and what an ending! This book is only about 35 pages. A lot was packed into this short story and it was a very good story but, really needed to be a little longer. There are times when I really like short reads and this was one.

There is a huge cliffhanger so I am certainly hoping for another book.

This ARC was received for an honest review.

Alwaysreadingbooks - Reading Drinking and Relaxing
I seriously don't know what to say about this book. This is a lot different from what I usually read and it's very seldom that I don't know what to say or write in this case. This is a short story so my review will be equally short. Abby was a person who lost everything and Dorian appeared at the right time and changed her life. There are things that happen in this story that will have you saying WTH and than the story ends.
Maria York
Dec 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
Abby's life before Dorian was a mess! But after Dorian found her and suggested an to agree to an agreement, her life changed for better or maybe not! Dorian had the world at his feet, money, power and Abby! Abby just wanted him at any cost and Dorian wanted Abby! Find out what happens and figure out if you think it's good or bad! Great read!
Elaine
Jan 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I am not a short story kind of girl, but I have to say this was a great story. I love these kind of stories that grab you and keeps you until the very end. Dorian is my kind of guy, all alpha and straight to the point. It is a must read in my book!!!!!
Sarah Hooks & Books
Dec 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
Super quick read! Was a little darker than I normally read, but I love Jenna and couldn't wait to read her books! Very well written, but did leave me wanting more! If you are into dark erotica, this one is for you! And only 35 pages you can read in an hour or so!
Julie Jackson
Dec 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I purchased this book today and couldn't put it down until I was finished. A dark read with detailed plot. I have no other words but wow just wow.

Glenda Horsfall