Start by marking “A Good Girl (The Charlie McClung Mysteries, #2)” as Want to Read:
A Good Girl (The Charlie McClung Mysteries, #2)

A Good Girl

(The Charlie McClung Mysteries #2)

For Charlie McClung, going home to Virginia with Marian was supposed to be a joyous occasion, but upon arrival at his childhood home, he’s met with a note instead of his family. “Don’t worry, Love, we’re all okay. Come to the shop. A dead girl was found in an armoire delivered just now. Huggies, Ma” Charlie is quickly recruited to help solve the murder of a young girl who ...more
Published September 13th 2014 by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about A Good Girl, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Good Girl

Start your review of A Good Girl (The Charlie McClung Mysteries, #2)
T.M. Payne
Dec 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book brings us another adventure of sorts for Charlie and Marian.
In the first book Charlie is the one who rescued Marian and they have been dating every since. Charlie knows Marian is the one for him now he hopes she feels the same way for him.

They are heading out of town to visit with his family. Once they are there a murder mystery awaits them. The men of his family are all cops or FBI or similar. Charlies brother Luke enlists Charlies help in trying to find a murderer.

While the men fo
Barbara Tobey
Oct 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The Irish family is charming. The murder has many suspects. I raced through this in one day. Once I had settled on a suspect, I had to keep reading to make certain I had guessed correctly. I want to read the first in this series and hope there will be more to come.
Miranda Shanklin
Mar 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book in the series. It continues a short time after the first book. It is a continuation of Charlie and Marian's story.

I found all the new characters to be introduced in a way that you never felt overwhelmed even though there were a lot of new characters.

The large family of Charlie is a great addition to this story. I love the feeling of closeness and how the family will do anything for each other.

The way that the characters show their flaws and you still want them to succe
Jenny Schwartz
Jan 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: authors-i-know, 2014
The problem with this mystery is that the fantastic McClung clan turned up and simply overwhelmed me with their charm. What fabulous prospective in-laws for Marian. So I could have simply read about them -- especially Ma.

But the mystery is solid, the suspects well established and Mary Anne Edwards plays fair with readers, scattering clues.

I don't want to give away any spoilers, so I'll just say -- perfect ending.

*Disclosure: copy received from author in exchange for an honest review.
Shelby
Jul 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was a nail biting twist and turn who did it book.. I loved the way you can feel the emotions of excitement of the mystery and then the romance between Charlie and Marian. The way the characters and settings flow in the book make you feel like you are there trying to solve the mystery with them. The suspense had me to where I found it very hard to put the book down.. This is a MUST Read.. So glad I found The Charlie McClung Mysteries..
Paula Genereau
Jun 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Charlie goes home to see his family. He takes Marian with him. He's not ready for what he's about to be a part in. He's got to help solve a murder of a local girl who was gonna be a nun

Hurricane readers book review gave me the book for my honest review
Angie Dokos
Jul 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book. It's a good mystery with just the right about of romance added in. I read it on Kindle, but I'm heading over to Amazon to order the paperback for my mom. She will love it!
Jenn Sut
Jan 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A Good Girl
By Mary Anne Edwards
4.5

Charlie is taking Marian home to meet his family. They don't even get a proper introduction before a dead body turns up at a local antiques store. Although it not Charlie's case, it is his hometown so he is quickly asked by Luke to help out with the investigation. It is a small town that does not see a lot of homicides, so Charlie's help is needed. In the meantime, Marian gets to know Charlie's family.

This is the second book in the Charlie McClung series, but it
Melissa Burcham
Feb 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2016
I was asked for an honest review free of persuasion from the author or anyone else affiliated with this book.

CONTAINS SOME SPOILERS

Another great book by Mary Anne Edwards! She is quickly becoming one of my favorite suspense crime novelist. This book kept me pulled in throughout the whole book. I couldn't figure out "who dun it" and I loved that about this book. I kept trying to figure out the murderer only to be wrong again! The love and family aspect added a whole other layer to the story. I ca
Cmoore
May 25, 2016 rated it liked it
Part of my problem with this book (I know it's my own foible... A crazy one at that) is that I dislike the word Ma... somehow it seems disrespectful to me! Mary Kathleen insists on being called just that! Not just by her family and soon to be daughter in-law but by the whole church family and by most of the town.. So I kinda got "Ma'd" to death. Also the big reveal in the book wasn't so big as I pretty much knew who did it... Maybe it wasn't really intended to be a reveal but more a confirmation ...more
Mary
Jan 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-ve-read
I have now added Mary Anne Edwards to the top of my list of must have next in a series. She writes her mysteries in such a way, you stay engrossed in the story. You might have your suspicions throughout the story but the reasoning will surprise you. The group of characters in this the 2nd in the McClung Mysteries were a wild mix. Loving family, screwed up relationships, naughty girls and sick minds. Each book can be read as a stand alone mystery, you are not left hanging. I would love to find my ...more
Laurie P
Jan 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016

I was given a copy of this book for an honest review free of persuasion from the author or anyone else affiliated with this book.

After reading the first book in the series, I was really looking forward to this one. The mystery itself can be stand alone. It is the development of the characters and their lives that make this part of a great series. I have found that I really do like detective mystery books after reading these two books!

This book was engrossing and hard to put down. I loved every p
Lorraine
Aug 19, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 4-star, mystery
The second book in the series picks up soon after the first, with another crime and another mystery.
It introduces us to Charlie's extended family who were fun and likeable. The introduction of so many new characters was done in such a way as to not overwhelm you.
Each book could be read as a stand-alone mystery because you are not left hanging, but you wouldn't have the background or see the love developing between Charlie & Marian.
Another well-written mystery, although this time I did have the s
Karin
Oct 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Who is the good girl: The pathetic, old, ugly cow, the one blessed with beauty and charm, or the one who has had two great loves in her life? Who is the bad boy: The father, the boyfriend, the taxi driver, or the priest? How can a wedding be planned and the murder solved in only three days. It’s easy peasy when the McClung Clan is in charge. This was another very good read by Mary Anne Edwards and I highly recommend it.
JoAnne
Jul 07, 2015 added it
This is the 2nd book in the series but can be read as a stand alone. Charlie and Mariam story continues and again you will find a well written plot with interesting characters. A great cozy mystery with suspense, murder, and romance that will keep you thoroughly immersed in the book to the last page. This one is my favorite so far.
Charlotte Isaac
Second book to a brilliant series

Wow. We finally find out how Marian and Charlie are doing. We get to meet the rest of McClung family. And of course we got another murder. I love this series, and the writing. I recommend this series to anyone.
Robin Toy
Apr 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
was a pretty good mystery read love that it is set in the 1980's :)
Kathryn Synoracki
Oct 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I received this book from the author for an honest review! Great Book! Mystery romance at it's best! Totally clean! Highly recommend!
Marlene
Feb 11, 2016
Molly Wood
Oct 06, 2017
Mary Edwards
Sep 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Liz Evans
Jun 29, 2015

• The Ox-Bow Incident
  • The Haymarket Affair: The History of the Riots in Chicago that Galvanized the Labor Movement
Born in Mercedes, Texas, Mary Anne has lived in Georgia most of her life. A lifelong fan of authors such as Agatha Christie, Anne Perry, Caroline Graham, and Elizabeth Peters, it wasn’t until a few years ago that Mary Anne listened to the voices in her head and wrote her own series of traditional mysteries featuring Detective Charlie McClung.

The first book in the series, Brilliant Disguise, was

The Charlie McClung Mysteries (6 books)
  • Brilliant Disguise (The Charlie McClung Mysteries, #1)
  • Criminal Kind (The Charlie McClung Mysteries, #3)
  • Sins of My Youth: A Charlie McClung Mystery (The Charlie McClung Mysteries Book 4)
  • Flirting With Time: A Charlie McClung Mystery (The Charlie McClung Mysteries Book 5)
  • How Deep is the Darkness: A Charlie McClung Mystery (Book 6)