Start by marking “The New Order (The Young World, #2)” as Want to Read:
The New Order (The Young World, #2)

The New Order

(The Young World #2)

Who are the enemies of the New Order?

Jefferson and Donna were sure the arrival of the military meant an end to this nightmarea hellish two years full of enemy gangs, gunfire, and lost loved ones. But the cruel plans the government has for the remaining teens are beyond anything they couldve imagined.

All Jefferson and Donna want is to have a future with each other, but fate
Published July 21st 2015 by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers (first published June 16th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about The New Order, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The New Order

Start your review of The New Order (The Young World, #2)
Chelsea
Oct 30, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 1-star
Warning: Rant Ahead!

I don't even know what to say about this book. I just don't understand how on Earth this is a bestseller. I found this book extremely poorly written just for the sake of being 'relatable', offensive, and a downright mess.

This started alright, but that quickly changed. The plot was very meh throughout the book, slightly confusing, and boring compared to the first book.

I don't think I can pick the worst part of this book. Is it the awful writing style? The insane amount of pop
Cass
May 05, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult
My review :

Too many "anyhow" in this book. The style is awful.
Too many POV, I was regularly lost.
Whole chapters without punctuation...
I finished but I fell asleep above it 2 times ! I do not recommend it.

Mon avis :

Trop de "de toute façon" dans ce livre. Le style est affreux.Trop de POV, j'étais régulièrement perdue.Des chapitres entiers sans ponctuation ...J'ai fini, mais je me suis endormie dessus 2 fois! Je ne le recommande pas.

Sonja
Mar 12, 2020 rated it did not like it
How disappointing..
Kelly (Diva Booknerd)
In a world reminiscent of a brutal colony run by gangs, it's always been kill or be killed. A plague wiping out adults and children, leaving the teen population to inherit a now broken New York. Segregation runs rife, gangs are challenged for their supplies, weapons and space. In The New Order, our young group of protagonists have been rescued from the island with a possible cure and now find themselves on board a Navy vessel, still unaware to the state of the rest of the world.

As the storyline
thegirlonfire
Jun 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
a really good sequel of young world, these books are really good and fast pace *.* i love the different perspectives and the plot twist in this book :O cant wait to read the third book revival that comes out in july :P
Ms. McFaul
Mar 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audiobook
Only a 4 because of the serious cliffhanger ending. The book does an awesome job in recapping the events in book one without being redundant like many book twos can be. There are several surprises in this book, new voices for chapters, and even more action and gore. Really great world building and I'm interested to see how everything will turn out.
Kae
Apr 27, 2020 rated it did not like it
I hate this book. Ive read fan fictions written by twelve year olds that wrote in their second language with more life, character, a emotional investment then this book. I understand how hard it is to write, but if I had written this, I would probably have given up before reaching page three. The only reason I read it was because I read the first and felt obligated to read the series. I will not be reading the third, nor any other books by this author unless recommended by a trusted friend and ...more
Portia
Nov 12, 2017 rated it liked it
Actual Rating: 3.5 Stars
ysar
Feb 23, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
centralpickshijackedbyysar

I had this one pre-ordered the second it was available, and you'd better believe I dropped what I was reading the second it hit my Kindle. After The Young World, I just had to know what would happen next.

There's a particular pattern when it comes to trilogies, and so far, this one is following it to a T. The first book is awesome chaos, drawing you in and leaving you dying to get to the next part of the story. The second book is a bridge, resolving some things from the first part and setting you
L.M. Justus
Aug 02, 2015 rated it really liked it

Most of the YA books I read would appeal to teens OR adult fans of YA fiction, although I've read a few that only seem geared towards teens. This might be the first YA book I've read that seems geared only towards adults. As with the first in the series, there is a high level of profanity and violence, but what made it seem like it wasn't meant for teenagers were the characters. I found it hard to believe any of the characters were teens because of their language and frequent references
Shawn
Nov 26, 2014 rated it did not like it
The best thing about this book was the homage it paid to the film The Warriors (Baseball Furies!). The rest of the book was disappointing. There were too many POVs (5!). I hate when a character breaks the 4th wall and talks to the readers and in this case one ever referred to the reader as "readers" directly. Top it off this book was very dull with not much happening but boring politics.
Tina
Dec 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya, series, sequel
Ignore all the bad reviews - this is one to read. But do it on audio. The audiobook is fast paced and read well by all the narrators. I finished this thing in under one day, and kept getting upset at people interrupting me at work making me pause. Also someone please tell me there's a movie coming, cause I think it has just enough gruesomeness and violence to make a great blockbuster.
Claudia Naranjo
well...it gets a little better and then it goes back to boring...besides, I just read a 3 pages chapter which has not a single period or comma!!!!! it may be my ESL brain but it was a very confusing chapter.... The sad tag is that I will need to read the next one to see what happen next.... So annoyed with myself!!!!!
Rachael Drenckpohl
Oct 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
Rating is actually 3.5. I love the concept, but... All of the characters speak with the same "voice." They have the same thoughts and way of speaking. In any good book, the characters each need their own distinct voice, and these characters don't have have that.
Matthew Michalski
Dec 13, 2016 rated it liked it
Meran Rhodes
Mar 09, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book fell so far short of its predecessor its sad. I so liked the idea of a post apocalyptic world run only by teenagers because it was unique and I was so excited to see where Weitz would take it. But instead of really digging into that post op world it felt like Weitz just took the easy way out and was just like "well lets throw tech back into this because I've got nothing." I know that's harsh but that is what this whole book felt like. Every section from Donna's POV made me rolling my ...more
Lauren
Mar 27, 2019 rated it did not like it
Caleb McNutt
Jan 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Donna has been separated from her group when they were on the boat coming back from Plum Island because they have the cure and know they have been attacked by a military group and then Donna is now in Cambridge and Jefferson and the rest of the group is with Jefferson and this man named Welsh told Donna that the group she was with were killed after the boat went down and now she is all thats left from the group that went on a mission to save the world from the deadly sickness and can Jefferson ...more
Mr. Blevins
Feb 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Damn, this book was awesome. Jefferson, Donna, Peter, and Brainbox are captured by American sailors. They thought that the world had been infected by the plague and that everyone was wiped out.

They were wrong.

As they make their way to Hawaii, which is the capital of America now, they are treated as hostiles. While on ship, there is a secret organization that is trying to free the survivors and escape from government treachery. Jefferson, Peter, and Brainbox escape with the rebel group, while
sh(e)reader
I liked book 1, and went ahead and put book 2 on hold as I finished it up. I experienced this in the audio edition as well. Same narrators for Jefferson and Donna. I like them ... Donna is so snarky. A few more narrators were added here, as additional POVs were introduced. Not sure that I liked that. It was a little all over the place with that. The story too. A little meh, a little too much "yea, I don't really think that would happen" going on.

Not sure if I'll continue. My library does not
Annie
Dec 14, 2018 rated it did not like it
While I did really enjoy the first book in this series, I didnt like this one at all. The first book had a really neat take on post apocalyptic, it was different and I found it had a good pace. This one seemed to not make a lot of sense. It picks up right where the other one ends, which I appreciate, and was like ok whats next?! But after only a few pages I was confused and didnt know why Donna was where she was(without spoilers its abit hard to explain my confusion). Anyways, I bought this book ...more
Zach
Mar 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
Overall a pretty enjoyable read. Judging from some other reviews you wont like this if you are offended by everything. Anyhow I enjoyed the multiple viewpoints you get in this book.

I like the characters are constantly making jokes and usually those jokes expose some character flaws. Nobody is perfect so characters in books shouldnt be.

The author also brought back a character I though was dead which was awesome.

I will be reading book 3 for sure and I am interested to see what happens with the
Brian
Mar 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: teotwawki
This book picks up right where the first one left off. The writing is really simple, yet expressive. It's very visual and I totally see the author turning this into a movie. I like how the different main characters get a distinctive voice and font and are seen in alternating chapters. The end is a bigger cliffhanger than the first book and even hints at more to come with the voice of one of the characters. Definitely ready for the final book in the trilogy.
Meagan
Nov 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
As we left the first book it was unsure where the story was going to go but with the 2nd book, it had a drive with Jefferson's POV that I expected. Donna's POV was the most interesting to me and I am excited to see where it will go next.

The only critique I have is in the relationships in this book. It got messy fast and I am not sure it was for the better. I am interested to see how it resolves itself.
C.J. Nelson
Kinda better than the first book, but not by much. Too many plot twists in an already convoluted plot. I agree with the other reviews that say the characters are stereotypes and one-dimensional.

I only read this book because I already owned it after I finished the first one. If I can find the third one at Half Price Books or a second hand store, then Ill buy and read it eventually...which is not saying much considering the book ended with a couple big cliffhangers.
John-Paul Cheyne
Jul 30, 2017 rated it it was ok
New voices are added creating a diverse set of view points. Didn't feel the new voices were as unique in perspective as the initial two. In contrast to the first book which had a good pace but speed up to quickly at the end. This book had good build up but didn't seem to go anywhere it was more of a staging book for book 3
Ceh131973
Jan 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book picks up right where book one left off. The writing is exceptional. I love how [Weitz] gives each of his characters a distinctive voice by alternating chapters. This allows the reader to get a feel for the character and different point of views. The end of this book he even hints at more to come with the voice of one of the characters. Ready for the next one.
Griselda
Oct 06, 2020 rated it did not like it
I wish there was an audiobook version of this book available in my Libby app, then maybe I could finish it (if they make it available, I'll give it another shot) I got 52% in and once they introduced Kat into the story, I was over it. I'm usually all for character development and POVs but there is so much happening yet it feels like the story isn't progressing it.
Debra LaBonne
Aug 14, 2017 rated it it was ok
This book was such a disappointment. Only a few chapters with action or conflict. The rest is basic morning descriptive narration of characters, places, feelings, etc. All I could do to not fall asleep. Surprised I finished it but wanted to see if 3rd book was any better.
Leo Thomason
Jun 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Quite a fun book to read. It had a big cliffhanger at the end and it seemed to come off really well from the first book. It seemed to be getting repetitive and I'm not that excited to see how many voices are going to show up. Really good book still.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Zfinity (Zombie Rules #3)
  • Eleventh Grade Burns (The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod, #4)
  • The Ends of the World (The Conspiracy of Us, #3)
  • Vanguard (Razorland, #4)
  • Maximum Ride, Vol. 1 (Maximum Ride: The Manga, #1)
  • No More Work: Why Full Employment Is a Bad Idea
  • Sweet Virginia
  • Z14 (Zombie Rules #2)
  • Zombie Rules (Zombie Rules #1)
  • The Unit
  • Twelfth Grade Kills (The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod, #5)
  • Aero (2019-) #1
  • Sword Master (2019-) #1
  • Maximum Ride, Vol. 4 (Maximum Ride: The Manga, #4)
  • Legion of Super-Heroes (2019-) #2
  • We Are All the Same in the Dark
  • Legion of Super-Heroes (2019-) #3
  • The End of Oz (Dorothy Must Die, #4)
Chris Weitz is an Oscar-nominated writer and director. His films include The Twilight Saga: New Moon, A Better Life, About a Boy, The Golden Compass,   and  American Pie The Young World  is his first novel.

The Young World (3 books)
  • The Young World (The Young World, #1)
  • The Revival (The Young World, #3)