Start by marking “After the Heartbreak” as Want to Read:
After the Heartbreak

After the Heartbreak

(Texas Hill Country #5)

it was amazing 5.00  ·  Rating details ·  5 ratings  ·  4 reviews
After facing horror and heartbreak alike, two U.S. veterans of the Iraq war are about to find their happily-ever-after.
ebook
Published September 18th 2014 by Boroughs Publishing Group (first published September 17th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about After the Heartbreak, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about After the Heartbreak

it was amazing 5.00  ·

J. Kahele
Nov 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a wonderful book. We forget the heroes who protect our country, day after day are real people. With real hearts and the same wants as us, to find someone to love, to find their happily ever after.

Beto and Cathy are veterans of the Iraq war. Both have nightmares from what they had endured during the war.But Beto's nightmare is much different and he lives with it everyday. He failed to protect Cathy and she ended up being rape and it is guilt that cannot get past. He loves her, but feels he d
Small Adventures, Full Hearts
This was a really well written short story. I enjoyed this thrilling story about two war vets, who have been wounded by war. Who have loved each other for forever.

Beto and Cathy are true heroes, whose lives have been crumpled by tragedy. When Cathy has been attached, Beto his just sick with the guilt of not protecting the his one true love. He feels he is less of a man for her because of his in ability to protect her.

This book was written beautifully and kept me on the edge of my seat. I loved
Teresa
Jul 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Everyone deserves to have a happily ever after

Beto and Cathy are both wounded warriors who are fighting back to regain the life they once had before IEDs took their limbs. But Cathy is learning to cope after a man attacked and sexually assaulted her. The assailant is finally caught, allowing Beto and Cathy to learn love can heal both of them. This is a very short story with a HEA.

Sheri
Jan 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is a short story that is about secondary characters in Mims's Daughter of Valor. I haven't read that one yet, but I will be. I recommend reading Daughter of Valor first.

This was a great story with two great characters.
Leesha
Sam Miller
May 28, 2018
Nicole Ortiz
May 30, 2018
Author of eighteen romance novels under the pseudonym 'Emily Elliott', Emily Mims combined her writing career with a career in public education until leaving the classroom to write full time. 'Solomon's Choice' is her first romantic suspense and the first novel she has published under her own name. The mother of two sons, she and her husband Charles split their time between Central Texas and easte ...more

Texas Hill Country (9 books)
  • Solomon's Choice (Texas Hill Country, #1)
  • A Gift of Trust (Texas Hill Country, #2)
  • Welcome Home (Texas Hill Country, #3)
  • Daughter of Valor (Texas Hill Country, #4)
  • Unexpected Assets (Texas Hill Country, #6)
  • Never and Always (Texas Hill Country, #7)
  • A Gift of Hope (Texas Hill Country, #8)
  • Once, Again (Texas Hill Country, #9)