Start by marking “Sweet Nothing” as Want to Read:
Sweet Nothing

Sweet Nothing

It is enough to break any man: watching what could have been my future slip away before it was ever in my grasp. The possibility of losing someone I loved, before she was even mine, is something I never would have imagined. Certainly nothing I'd ever wish on anyone. I go to her every day and wait. Wait for the impossible, for a sign, for her to look at me . . . hoping that ...more
Published November 1st 2015 by Smashwords Edition

To ask other readers questions about Sweet Nothing, please sign up.
Brie Please do your research before accusing someone of plagiarizing anything, including cover art.

"The stock photo you choose could legally appear on anot…more

"The stock photo you choose could legally appear on another book cover. Stock photos can be licensed to thousands of clients at the same time, and there is nothing whatsoever to stop another book cover from using the same image as yours."

Start your review of Sweet Nothing
Jennifer Kyle
Jan 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
4.5 ”penny for your thoughts” STARS

description

Is it possible to love a story and be confused at the same time? Going to reread and ask around on what others got from the ending. Perhaps I'll see if there's a support group some where out there? For now though, I loved the ride, enjoyed the writing and adored the characters.

[image error]

Thinking there was a bit more foreshadowing than I picked up on, "fixing our memories" and of course the title itself. Still going back and forth on what Josh and Avery's end
Cristina
Jan 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing

description

WHAT THE FUCK DID I JUST READ?

Jamie McGuire...you know I already love you to death for giving me Travis but with this book you really outdid yourself because this novel is in another league of it's own and I just...

description

The book starts pretty ok...with Avery and Josh's story of how they came together and their life as a couple. I have to be honest that at moments it was kind of boring and if it wasn't for the author I would have DNFed it at about 60%. I didn't understand why such a big part of
Ana-Maria
Nov 01, 2015 rated it it was ok
The ending is SHIT and that is why I gave it 2 stars.
Anne OK
Aug 18, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015-reads
Holy good grief and have mercy on me! Just color me mixed up and completely upside down with nowhere to go in my confusion. It's hard to even know how to review the situations involved with this style of plot and book. Yes, it's mesmerizing and well written, but I'm still feeling a bit of disappointment in the ending. To be completely honest, I really prefer a more completely resolved ending than readers will find here. Not much more that I can add without giving up spoilers.

Although I really l
Sophie "Beware Of The Reader"
WOW, what just happened here????

I was going to give it a 3,5 to 4 stars as it was good but I expected greater (not so "smooth") from these authors and then, I reached 80-85% and BANG, the world turned on its axis!!!!

I never saw it coming and this is brilliant!

So, 5 stars it is and I won't tell anything about the story to keep the surprise. Just read it and do it until the very end, even if you think it's too "sweet and perfect" for these authors sometimes in your read because it's not what you t
Tough Critic Book Reviews
Sweet Nothing was nothing like I expected, even while reading I found myself a little stupefied (by the end, a lot stupefied). It started off so strong, I felt a connection to the story, but also a strong involvement with the romance. The pacing of Avery and Josh's relationship was perfect, an instant connection, while still taking its time with development and just the right amount of tension. As the story progressed, it lost some momentum and began to stagnate. At the halfway mark, I felt like ...more
Sheree
Nov 03, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
2 annoying stars

It was ok till the end.... then

I felt like I read the book for sweet nothing...
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog
CAN'T WAIT TO READ THIS <3 <3

TEASERS

Cristina
Jan 13, 2018 rated it it was ok
What the hell?!
I'm so angry right now...
I had so many expectations from this book and I'm so disppointed. This book was rushed. It was like a car race. Now they (Josh and Avery) were strangers and after 5 minutes they were together (I won't say more because I don't want to write any spoilers). I really didn't like this couple. Actually I didn't like anything about their relationship. I liked Deb and Quinn more.
Anyway... I read other books written by Jamie which were so beautiful, but this one
LeAnn
Jan 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
6...7...8......JUST TAKE ALL THE DAMN STARS FOR THIS BOOK!!!!

I spent the last 20% bawling my eyes out. Jamie McGuire and Teresa Mummert can write one hell of a story. Beautiful! Tragic! The feels! Maybe I can write a better review when my heart doesn't ache for more.
Stevie
Jan 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Holy. Effing. Crap balls.
I can't deal with the effect this story had on my head.
Or my heart.
Or my feels.
Or my existense.
Let the late night, corner rocking, blanket hiding, head spinning commence!
Because, what in the actual fff did I just read?!
BRILLIANT!!!!!!
Dilek VT
Jan 12, 2018 marked it as nope
This plot sounds too far-fetched to be real...
If it had happened to one character, maybe... but the same thing happening to both of them at the same time sounds a bit too much of a fantasy to me...

Dominika
Feb 08, 2016 rated it liked it
After months of off and on reading this book I finally finished it. I really wanted to like it more than I did but I just could not connect with the characters so I wasn't invested in their story.
I had a hunch about where the story was going and I didn't like it even though I thought I would.
(view spoiler)
Stephanie
Nov 01, 2015 rated it it was ok
What did I just read??! I absolutely love Jamie Mcguire and I was so pumped that she was finally coming out with a new book but Sweet Nothing made no sense. Half way through I started to get confused and unfortunately stayed that way all the way to the end. I can appreciate the idea of a confused surprise ending but that was sort of painful. I guess I'll just wait forever for the second book amd hope it will cure my confusion. :( ...more
Nancy The book junkie
Nov 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebooks-i-own
I was seriously impressed by most of the medical/nursing talk, for once authors did it right!

3.5/5 stars

Sweet Nothing is an adult contemporary romance. The narrators are 26 year old Josh, who is a paramedic. And 24 year old Avery, who is a nurse.

I really enjoyed the opening chapter. It was thrilling, amazing, scary and unexpected.

Both narrators have had bad things happen to them in their pasts.

For most of this book I really enjoyed both characters. But I kept wondering if something more was going to happen to make the book more interesting/different. At 60% I decided to go read the good
Kandi Steiner
Nov 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WHAT. THE. WHAT.

Holy beer cheese on tater tots, this book just blew up my brain.

Let it be known that I am a huge Jamie McGuire fan in general, but I also really loved Pretty Little Things by Teresa Mummert, so I was super jazzed about this collaboration. The title intrigued me, and now that I've finished, it's literally PERFECT. I could see both of their styles at the surface, but what was so amazing was that it blended so well that it felt like they were the same person.

You've probably alread
Dee
May 18, 2015 rated it liked it
3 Stars

When I started reading the book, it read like a love story, which I really liked except for the portrayal of some female characters (I mean come on, no one is that desperate, give our gender some credit). But it still read like a nice love story where a guy loves a girl and she loves him back, where both have their insecurities but they deal with them together.

The ending, now that's a tricky one. Here's an explanation for it by the author --> (view spoiler)
Jade
Oct 05, 2014 marked it as to-read
Shelves: tbr-on-ibooks
I don't like Teresa Mummert's books but I love Jamie's so I guess I'll be reading this :D ...more
Emma Creighton
Nov 01, 2015 rated it liked it
Just finished this book. I really enjoyed it but near the end it started to get confusing, I have no idea what happened.
Madeleine Knutsson
Jan 21, 2015 marked it as to-read-ebook
I heard this book have a really weird ending that needs a explaining. I will therefor put his book on hold (only read 2 chapters anyway) until the spoiler part is not password protected or/and have the mood for a unexplained ending.
Vicky
Nov 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I will NEVER look at a penny the same way again. HOLY crap im still trying to wrap my head around this story all day I'm broken.... i need a sequel like now please say yes ...more
Jasmin
Jan 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Okaaaaaaaaaaaay. Here we go. I just finished this one and I have no words. I know totally lame, but I just don´t have them. I´m still shocked what just happened and what these two authors did with my poor heart. I liked that the book is switching between male and female pov, I always like to see what´s going on in the head of the male character and I think the fact that we get a look into Josh´s head is huge reason why I ended falling for him so hard.
He seriously is everything you wanna meet in
NMmomof4
Nov 03, 2015 marked it as dnf
Shelves: workplace, scribd
DNF @ 15% (60 pgs.). Really slow start. I don't normally like quitting so early, but I found myself majorly skimming because I was bored. It also might've helped if the synopsis was more descriptive as to what I was getting myself into. I don't like these ambiguous descriptions! Maybe I'll come back to it some other time...

Update 11/4 - I just read spoiler for ending...definitely gonna pass on finishing this one.
Lorelle
Oct 21, 2015 rated it liked it
Okay, I have a lot of mixed feeling after reading this. The first 80% was so-so for me. Then the excitement of the storyline picked up some pace, and then it ended. I am confused as to why I actually feel angry with the ending..... This was left up in the air and unresolved in a way that left me without some satisfaction.
Ashley Daniele
Shelves: audiobook
Josh & Avery are Sweet Everything!! I loved this story so hard. it started off with a cute RomCom feel but that ending oh my heart was full of angst but I am so pleased with the ending.
Jessica Landers
Mar 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I wasn't sure what I was going to think about this book. When you hear that two best selling Authors are teaming up to write a book, you want to get excited, but you're not sure if you are going to love it as much as you love their other books. I dove in anyways. (And I'm so glad I did)

This book GRABS you from the very beginning! Not only was the prologue pure perfection, but the entire flow of the book was on point! The characters are not only people you find yourself wanting to be best friends
S.M. Harshell
**I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.**

I was so excited to see these two authors come together for this read and they didn't disappoint.

Josh Avery is a new to the city. He's a paramedic and a well known manwhore who has slept with most of the nurses at the hospital. He has his sights set on Avery Jacobs, someone he thinks is unreachable. When tragedy strikes, they end up having an unbreakable connection. Avery can't quite trust Josh with his past the way it w
Vixster
Nov 01, 2015 rated it really liked it

Josh and Avery know each other loosely through their line of work, she's a nurse and he's a paramedic. Josh has a devil may care attitude where Avery has a very standoffish but hard work ethic.
She thinks she's got his number but a brief encounter at a road stop light changes everything, thrusting them into a.....I thought an epic love story.
They both have a troubled past and I was forever waiting for the penny to drop so to speak....the angst!
I can't give anything away, sorry. Usually when I pi
Gina *loves sunshine*
Nov 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015, ebook
This book will be different for everyone...as I think was intended!!!! It's hard to review it without giving away things you just shouldn't even think about ahead of time. This isn't spoiler remove kind of stuff - it's bigger than that and it's not a blanket statement. So if that intrigues you pick this up! This was a page turning romance with all the everyday situations. What sets this apart is all the cute little added tokens of love, they just endeared me!!!!

and when you finish and you need a
THE ENDING 16 315 Jun 02, 2017 06:08PM
THE ENDING 5 104 Nov 03, 2015 12:32PM

• Take Me On (Pushing the Limits, #4)
  • Alekzandre: Volumul 2 (Alekzandre, #2)
  • Alekzandre: Volumul 1 (Alekzandre, #1)
  • Fall with Me (Wait for You, #4)
  • Tot ce nu ne-am spus (Axel, #3)
  • Să nu plangi (Axel, #2)
  • Nu te indragosti de mine (Axel, #1)
  • The Next Flame (Fall Away, #4 & 4.5)
  • Haven of Obedience
  • Drako: Volumul 2 (Drako, #2)
  • Crash into You (Pushing the Limits, #3)
  • Drako: Volumul 3 (Drako, #3)
  • Drako (Drako, #1)
  • Taint (Sexual Education, #1)
  • O Iubire de Crăciun
  • Stay with Me (Wait for You, #3)
  • Malakai: Volumul 2 (Malakai, #2)
  • Dare You To (Pushing the Limits, #2)
See top shelves…
Jamie McGuire was born in Tulsa, Oklahoma. She attended Northern Oklahoma College, the University of Central Oklahoma, and Autry Technology Center where she graduated with a degree in Radiography.

Jamie paved the way for the New Adult genre with the international bestseller Beautiful Disaster. Her follow-up novel, Walking Disaster, debuted at #1 on the New York Times, USA Today, and Wall Street Jou