Start by marking “The Education of Miri Acosta” as Want to Read:
The Education of Miri Acosta

The Education of Miri Acosta

(The Acostas #2)

Coming from a large Dominican family that takes their gender roles very seriously, Miri Acosta has always basked in the attention and protection of her three older brothers. Until now.

Almost twenty-three and recently graduated from university, she is finally coming into her own. Eager to experience every bit of what she’s missed her whole life living in the most exciting c
Published November 9th 2015 (first published October 1st 2015)

Michelle [Helen Geek]
12/09/2015 --

I usually save a Nia book for those times I've bounced from book to book and can't seem to settle. What can I say .. her books just grab me.

So, what did I like about this one?
1 -- I don't remember much of the first book in this series and was hoping it wouldn't matter and it didn't. I was able to jump right in and enjoy this one without feeling lost.

2 -- Miri Acosta and her family. I enjoyed seeing them again, just like you do people you knew once upon a long time ... Miri had an i
Jan
Nov 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary, sports
Another enjoyable read from Nia Forrester. It was nice to catch up with the characters from The Seduction of Dylan Acosta, and I liked Miri's own story.

Miri is Mark Acosta's younger sister (from the first book). She has grown up in a Dominican-American family that is fairly conventional and strait-laced. But Miri is a modern girl who is into social media, and she wants to break out of the constrictions her family keeps around her. Mark loves her, but doesn't see her as a grown-up person, just as
Deena
Jun 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed Miri's story. I could see where she had grown up since the last book, but she still has a way to go. I think Miri was so caught up in what she thought she should be doing as a young twenty-something, that she never took the time to really think about whether or not she enjoyed that life. She wanted to be a bad girl, but everything ain't for everybody, and that's okay. And she picked the two worst friends possible (hated both of them!). The book left me with the feeling that she' ...more
Kim
Nov 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another winner from Nia Forrester! I loved finding out more about Miri and getting lost in her story. :) The description of her journey into womanhood and love...wonderful!

The Education of Miri Acosta takes the reader on Miri's journey into womanhood and love. Miri comes from a loving but overprotective Dominican-American family and she wants to have her taste of independence. As much as she loves her family, she also knows that none of them take her very seriously and this frustrates her. It d
Kim Outlaw
just ok, but better than so many others

Honestly, I am a die hard Nia Forrester fan. Even her works that fall a little flat give me life. I discovered her when I could find NOTHING that matched my ideal modern urban heroine. She continuously feeds that interest for me. I've yet to read a novel by Forrester that I'm not thinking about the characters for days even weeks after. I'm certain that will be the case with this book as well.
A few years back, I probably would have found Miri very interest
Kim
Aug 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
As always Nia delivers the goods! I liked that the relationship between Miri and Duardo. It was a steady development and not rushed. Storylines always seem more genuine when the mains start off as friends and build from there. I was happy when they finally came together though. It was almost fate. The only missing piece was that they never sad I Love You to each other. Yes it was implied and could be felt, but as the reader I wanted to see it on the page. Kudos on another great read!
Stacey Williams
Oct 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Another great read! I just loved Miri and Eduardo story!!!
Trish Watson
Jun 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Becoming a woman

I enjoyed this story. It was interesting reading of the conflicts that arise growing up in a close knit family as the youngest sibling and only girl. And also being an adult virgin. It was funny how she tried so many ways to become a woman when all she had to do was walk in her truth.
alicia kennedy
Nov 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This can't be it!!!!

Just like all the other series I was hooked at book one. Miriam's story surpassed my expectations. So please don't let this be the end. Patiently waiting for Matt's story. #alwaysafan
Lorraine Darrell
The Series

Have to ask - will there be more of this Series? Always looking for more and can see the author quenching my appetite!
Teresa Mcmillian
Miri and Eduardo

I was happy that Miri got her own story and Duardo was a perfect companion for her. It was great catching up with Mark and Dylan as well.
Deedee Henson
3.5

Wasn't as in depth or exciting as the others
Lorice DeBlanc-Brim
Highly recommended!
Chakash
Not her best...

I have really enjoyed Nia's stories. They often draw you in and make you so invested in the characters that you wish it wouldn't end. But lately there has been a couple of them that I have had to skim or simply pass on. This story was one I should have done the latter, but instead did the former. I loved, absolutely loved Dylan and Mark's story. I thought Dylan was stupid at times, but I got it and it was a well told story.

This one with Miri was not up to those standards. Honestl
Tammy
Nov 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Miri Acosta isn't the only one to gain an education during this story. As always Nia Forrester engages her readers by opening windows that provide opportunities to see, hear and feel life and love from other perspectives quite thoroughly. The author's voice is elegant while building the relationship between Miri and Duardo and the love scenes are perfect.
There are enlightening peeks into the highs and lows of the Dominican culture and Major League Baseball in the United States. This is a coming
Vondetta Carter
Dec 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Miri Acosta is the grown-up little sister of Mark Acosta. Miri has now finished college and begun to live out her independent dreams. However, she was not prepared for the wrinkle that appeared in Eduardo, player friend of her brother. Eduardo was not prepared for the whirlwind of Miri. They became friends while flirting all at the same time. Miri was very innocent in some areas that Eduardo was not. Upon finding out that Miri was trying to experience life, in all the way of her friends, Eduardo ...more
Tiffany V.
It wasn't bad, but it wasn't good

I wouldn't call myself a diehard Nia Forrester fan, but I have yet to read a book of hers that I didn't enjoy. I'm not saying that this book ended that streak, but it came close. I thought that the prequel to this book - The Seduction of Dylan Acosta - was so...surprisingly insightful that I expected more from Miri's story. The previous book had a depth that I didn't expect, so I was kind of let down when this one didn't have that. The story wasn't bad. It just f
Deloris
Dec 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
APB Perspective Review :

Miri and Duardo

I found myself rooting for Miri and Durado from the first time they met , as I read their journey I felt myself anxious for something to happen between them . As I got to know Eduardo and I met some of the women he had relationships with , Nadine caught my attention, so much that I felt I would have stopped reading this book, to learn more about her . I felt this is a well written coming of age story about Miri , about her becoming the woman she is meant t
--karen Green-berry
Thrilled

It's been a couple of years that I read The Seduction of Dylan Acosta and loved it; so imagine my joy in getting a chance to revisit the Acostas. I am pleased to say I was not disappointed. It was nice to see Miri evolve into a beautiful young woman.

I love Eduardo Cruz and the way his character was built up from his humble beginnings to being a major league baseball player; all the while maintaining his humility. I really love this story and hope to see Matt's story soon.
Tina Young
Nov 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great Follow to Book One...

It has felt like forever since I've had the opportunity to interact with the Acostas, but it was worth the wait. I love me some Dylan and Mark, but Miri and Duardo are running a very close second. Excellent Character Chemistry as always from Nia Forrester. Amazing writing from a very talented writer. I can't wait to read the next story in this series. It's time for Matt to bite the love bug, lol.
Tiffany
Jan 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyable read

This was a really great book, I was glad to be able to dive into Miri's story and was glad that she was not as annoying and naive as Dylan. I was however disappointed that it took almost the entire book for the main characters to really cum together (pun intended) but other than that I was very satisfied with this book.
Shonda Shropshire
The sweetest love story

I really loved loved this book and the way Miri and Eduardo got together. From friends to lovers with a few misunderstandings and entanglements in between. I can't want for another book in this series.
Jeannette
Nov 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this one too!

Awesome follow-up story for the Acosta family. I can't wait to read Matt's story (I hope he is getting one too).
Tiffanie
Dec 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome

Really enjoyed this story! Miriam was so cute coming into her own! Can't wait to read more about this couple!!
Olivia
Oct 13, 2014
Chicki Brown
Mar 09, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
I live in Washington D.C. Philadelphia, PA where by day I work on public policy and by night I read authors who move me, and craft woman-centered fiction. I like all genres and think nothing is too trivial to read, or to write about. Relationships are my greatest obsession; how they work, why they don't and what happens as they spin out of control, or come together perfectly. When I don't write, I ...more

The Acostas (2 books)