Start by marking “Tiempo de morir (Courtney #7)” as Want to Read:
Tiempo de morir (Courtney #7)

Tiempo de morir

(Courtney #7)

An action-packed, page-turning adventure/thriller set in the heart of Africa by an author whose past twenty books have sold more copies worldwide than the works of any other writer alive today.
Published April 1991 by Círculo de Lectores, S.A. (first published 1989)

To ask other readers questions about Tiempo de morir, please sign up.
Asteropê There isn't one, at least not in the US.
If you are in the UK, CA or AUS or can purchase via their UK site, you can get it ASAP -
UK: https://www.amaz…more
There isn't one, at least not in the US.
UK: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Time-Die-Cou...
Canada: https://www.amazon.ca/Time-Die-Courtn...
Australia: https://www.amazon.com.au/d/ebook/Tim...(less)

Start your review of Tiempo de morir (Courtney #7)
MarieAnna
May 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
One of the best books I have ever read! It is adventurous yet not unrealistic. It has all the important moments written on the right pages. I just could not put it down and read it at home,
in the train (next to me sat the lady with exactly the same copy!), simply everywhere. I am a native European, but it made me want to explore Africa right away! I wanted to move there, wanted to live there and be an african. What? That is how good the book is!
The Cats’ Mother
This seemed a bit different to a lot of the other WS books I've read - yes it's set in Africa and involves a Courtenay, but the relentless violence, bloodlust and cruelty was pretty wearying, not to mention the sexism and attitudes to hunting which were probably considered acceptable in 1989 but now felt very distasteful.
Jakob Masic
I made it to page 150 but that's enough for me.
The story certainly was interesting but I felt as if the author was going into such unnessary details for prolonged periods of time. It just felt as if he was being paid by the page. Did not rate it for I feel I did not read enough to draw a true opinion.
Mick
Oct 05, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not a bad book. I started out hating all the main characters but they grew on me by the end.

The Kindle version is full of typos, like they just scanned the actual book and didn't even proof read it. Still readable, but annoying.

I would have given 4 out of 5 with no typos.
Natasa Tovornik
Aug 03, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
not one of my favourites by smith.
Matt
Jul 04, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobook
In what has been labelled the seventh Courtney novel, but which sits more accurately as eighth in the chronological progress of the series, Smith depicts a tale that offers the reader an in-depth glance into the life of Sean Courtney, son of Shasa and Tara. Set around 1987, Sean is a veteran of the Rhodesian Bush Wars and has become a full-time hunter with his safari company in Zimbabwe. Coaxed by his clients to follow a legendary elephant across the border into Mozambique, Sean leads them on a ...more
Coleen
Jan 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I continue to be hooked on Wilbur Smith, and love his Courtney series. This one involves Sean Courtney- I think he is about the third Sean Courtney relative over the past several generations. And as I recall, in one of the previous books in the series, he was pretty disfavored and was kicked out of the country [and only allowed to do so when his father pulled strings to keep him out of prison.]

So when I started this book, I remembered this Sean as a ne-er do well. At this point in his life, howe
ken earls
May 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great book. Suspenseful till the last page(where you’ll want to cheer)

One of Mr. Smith’s fine books. On the same suspense as all his other works. Great plot, great suspense, very detailed.
Carmen
Apr 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Read a long time ago. Enjoyed it as most of his books.
Queen of Shadows *damon salvatores lover*
so much suspense, sex-appeal and adventure...the story of a simple hunt is turned into so much more
Brian
Jun 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A Time to Die is the 7th of Wilbur Smith’s Courtney series (book 4 of The Burning Shore sequence). Although it is set in 1987 after the book 8, Golden Fox. Wilbur Smith however never saw it as a part of the mainstream Courtney series.

I can see why he didn’t class it as a Courtney book. Although it features Sean Courtney son of Sasha De Thiry and Tara Malcomess. Grandson of Centaine de Thiry, it is a stand alone story. You don’t need to know the Courtney history to enjoy it.

It’s a straight forwar
John Alshukri
Nov 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ohhh how amazing is to read to Wilbur Smith..
I like the way of his writing. Also the novel is full with information about Africa and the politics behind the districting war. The corruption of the government and the leadership led to the deterioration of the national resources as well as the national wildlife. I was amazed by the discussion between Claudia and Sean.. it is very difficult to judge people thinking without stepping in their shoes.

However, there was too harsh jump in the story from h
Lily Malone
I remember reading A Time To Die years ago, and thinking it was the best thing I'd ever read. On holidays over the last few weeks I found a battered paperback in my father-in-law's bookshelf and thought I'd give it another go. Unfortunately I don't think it had aged too well. This time around I found Sean Courtney just a little too amazingly brilliant at pretty much everything from rock-climbing to shooting, to guerrilla warfare, to tracking, to fighting off a deadly snake (while rock-climbing), ...more
R.J. Southworth
Feb 07, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's been a while since I've read any Wilbur Smith, and I intend to read more as I really enjoyed this one. It's like a more intelligent James Patterson: the story is detailed and exciting, and has such a great sense of place that it's made me want to visit Africa again. I was tempted to give it five stars, but the character of Claudia annoyed me sometimes, and her romantic dialogue with the hero was cringe-worthy.
Owen
Feb 07, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ive enjoyed this whole series from Wilbur Smith. I did like this book but I think I need a break. The style is very easy to read and the storyline moves quickly to hold your interest. I found though that at times themes are repeated and it verged on being a bit cheesey. Ill be back to read more of the Courtney series but for now Ill try something a bit different for a bit.
Donna Collier
Lots of action, the story definitely kept moving. I had been missing that lately in my books, so it was great! I just don't like the later Courtneys as much as I liked those in the beginning. Though Sean in this story was better than the brothers in last few books. But these books are long! I will probably keep going in the series, but only one or two per year.
Taryn Spearey
This was so good. We continue the story of Sean in a war. We see him coming home and finding a new wife I like his new wife.

My favourite part of the book was when Sean decided to take in though two children. I find this to be a sweet side to Sean.

I love the animals aspect of this series. I’ve always been a animal lover so any book with animals is good for me.

Onto the next book!
Glazelle
Jul 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It is a great read! The story is captivating from start to finish. Sean Courtney (Sasha's eldest son) who I would describe as a stoic womanizer/bachelor, which almost stopped me from reading this book, found to have a humanitarian & compassionate side. It is also not for the faint of heart or for those with a weak stomach. ...more
Brendan Hatton
Jul 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ripper of a roller coaster

Action and adventure, this is a page turning blast. Focused, energetic and high paced, it's a great read. I need two more words for this to be accepted. Ok done.
John
Jun 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Exceptional as usual.

Remarkable detail of the African cultures as backdrop to an incredible escape thro butchery and all too realistic depravity. There's a warm outcome of goodness and courage winning through. Fantastic reading.
Nastasia Botha
Feb 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a wonderful adventure this book takes you on. I was living in the pages, among the elephants and lions etc. The descriptive language had me drooling and planted me right smack in the middle of the bush. Love, love, love all of Wilbur's stories...
MR Quinn
Jun 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another best from the best. What a thrilling tale! I haven't lived a Wilbur Smith novel since my first taste of When the Lion Feeds ( One of my favourite novels) this is a high paced action thriller and a real page turning. A review doesn't give it justice. A must read!
Christine
Jun 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
DID NOT DISSAPPOINT VERY SATISFYING FULL OF ADVENTURE AND SUPERB RESEARCH

EXCELLENT READ DID NOT DISAPPOINT .historically interesting and well researched with a love story as well.i felt part of this adventure.
Mr Roy Davidson
As the reviews say, this is a one off book that's not really a Courtney book. It was good to have a Courtney book covering just a short period instead of many years. Interesting subject matter about the Mozambique civil war and that poor old elephant hi of it in the end. A book of two halves, but how quickly the heroine forgets about her dead father.
Mary Stewart
Mar 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very long but I enjoyed it.Learned a lot about Africa ,it's people and animals.
Paula  R. C. Readman
A classic Wilbur Smith novel. Well written, three dimensional characters and setting. Sad that the elephant had to die. The book is of its time, but a great read.
Melanie Schaap
Apr 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good book from a very good writer! Wilbur Smith tells stories and in your mind, they come to life.
Carol Franklin
Jul 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is an exciting & adventurous novel with lots of action. It is set in Africa & portrays the culture & conflict during the civil wars. Great reading! ...more
steve white
Sep 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book, a rip roaring story that seemed to go on and on in a great way!
Heidi Matheson
It started out good, but the middle became a bit wearisome and I lost interest. A bit disappointed.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• The Burma Legacy (Sam Packer, #3)
  • Entwined
  • The Apocalypse Watch
  • Scoundrel
  • The Afghan
  • Wrongful Death (Anna Travis, #9)
  • To Meet in Hell: Bergen-Belsen, the British Officer Who Liberated It, and the Jewish Girl He Saved
  • Call Me God: The Untold Story of the DC Sniper Investigation
  • The Tour According to G: My Journey to the Yellow Jersey
  • Shadow Hunter
  • Clean Cut (Anna Travis, #3)
  • Commander-in-Chief (Jack Ryan, #11)
  • Night Action
  • The Sign and the Seal: The Quest for the Lost Ark of the Covenant
  • The Fourth Estate
  • The Nine
  • Lie Down with Lions
  • Red Strike (Strike Back #4)
Wilbur Smith is the bestselling author of many novels, each meticulously researched on his numerous expeditions worldwide. His bestselling Courtney series includes Assegai, The Sound of Thunder, Birds of Prey, Monsoon, and Blue Horizon. His other books include Those in Peril, River God, Warlock, The Seventh Scroll, and The Sunbird. His books are now translated into twenty-six languages and have so ...more

Courtney (1 - 10 of 18 books)
  • When the Lion Feeds (Courtney, #1)
  • Sound of Thunder (Courtney #2)
  • A Sparrow Falls (Courtney #3)
  • The Burning Shore (Courtney #4)
  • Power of the Sword (Courtney #5)
  • Rage (Courtney #6)
  • Golden Fox (Courtney #8)
  • Birds of Prey (Courtney #9)
  • Monsoon (Courtney #10)
  • Blue Horizon  (Courtney, #11)