Start by marking “Abe: Four in Hand (Ties of Steel, #1)” as Want to Read:
Abe: Four in Hand (Ties of Steel, #1)

Abe: Four in Hand (Ties of Steel #1)

4.06  ·  Rating details ·  2,433 Ratings  ·  255 Reviews
THIS EDITION IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE

Twenty-six-year-old Abraham O’Donnell is the CFO of Steel Inc. After working tirelessly for over a year, he takes a week off to enjoy the sand, surf, and bikini-clad women of Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. After all, he's earned it.

When a brief interlude with a flight attendant in her hotel room goes awry, Abe heads to a rental home with a pri
Published October 28th 2014 by Swoon Romance

* Meli Mel *

♥♥♥ 2.75 STARS ♥♥♥

The beginning of this book was pretty good. Abe is vacationing in Florida at a private home, at least that is what he thought until he finds out he will be sharing it with a group of girls who are vacationing there as well. When the last girl to arrive shows up, he becomes completely attracted to her. They decide to hook up and not reveal their names, so he calls her Four, and she calls him Neptune. But after a smoking hot night together, Abe wants more. He's hoping to get her
Aisling Zena
2 (extremely generous) stars

a) The heroine was beyond childish, juvenile, puerile(yes I am aware they all mean the same thing, she was that bad), annoying and kinda pathetic at some point.

b) The supposed Alpha Dom was a fucking prick. He expected her to trust him completely the day she met him. And he was angry when she got spooked with his domineering ways and left after having knowing him for less than 24 hours and slept with him once.

c) The plot was all over the place after the initial meet.
Hanne
I loved the way Abe: Four in Hand started and how Abe and Nikolette met each other. I’m not a fan of the way Nikolette left Abe. There was a connection and lust between Abe and Nikolette, and it seemed like Nikolette finally moved on from her ex, but she still left Abe. Her leaving really hurt Abe and it made him more closed off. He really wanted Nikolette and thought she could be the one. I understood Abe’s reaction when he saw Nikolette again. Nikolette is very determined to get what she needs ...more
Ashley Suzanne
I was lucky enough to receive an ARC of Abe from the author. I must say, I didn't know what to expect going into this book. It's my first novel by MJ Fields, but others have raved about her for months (I just don't have time for reading as much as I used to), but this book .... THIS BOOK ... it was FANTASTIC.

Abe is sexy, brooding, hot, sensual, alpha, dominant and loving ... he's the complete package of what you want ANY book boyfriend to be!!

The writing was wonderful, the plot was intriguing, t
Teri
Oct 12, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
I received an advanced review copy of this book from the author for a honest review.

I was so looking forward to Abe's story. But he turned out to be a modern day Jekyll and Hyde wrapped up playing the role of a Dom. He is Jekyll around his family and friends. Joking and fun loving. But he wears the Hyde/Dom hat with Nikki. Arrogant, lacks empathy, demanding, condescending and an ass.

Florida... that was the fun reading portion of the book. Then Abe gets his feelings hurt and turns into
Elodie
Dec 19, 2014 rated it it was ok
Didn't care for the hero and didn't like the heroine so... That one went on my DNF list pretty quickly
Beth
4.5 Control Stars

You know how something is good. Like say...your birthday or Christmas. It's all great. You had fun. And now its over. Then........you get one more present in the mail and your birthday lasts just a little bit longer. A bonus birthday extension. That's what Abe is. I loved the Steel Brothers, but I thought it was over. Now we get a Bonus Steel Extension. Oh my....that sounds dirty doesn't it...Bonus Steel Extension. (insert giggle here)

Abe is the CFO of Steel Inc. He is a bit of
Laurel Johnson
Oct 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love Abe O'Donnell!!!!

I was eagerly waiting for this book after meeting Abe in the Men of Steel series!

Abe is the CFO of Steel Industries and best friend of Jase Steel and cousin to Jase's wife Carly.

He is a take no prisoners type man in his professional life who works too hard. Deciding to take a vacation he heads to Florida and there he meets Nikki or Four as he calls her. They have some hot times together and she runs off.

Abe is an dominant alpha in out out of the bedroom and aft
Eye Candy Bookstore
Oct 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
LOVE Abe! If you have read the Men of Steel series then you already know to expect hot Alpha male with a voracious appetite for all things sexy. Abe did not disappoint in this regard. He takes a vacation from all the stress of his job and personal life and meets 4 women....number 4 being the one to drop kick her way into his life and turn it all on its ear.

Abe is a man used to being in control. Of everything. Nikki (Four) is used to being hurt and has trust issues with anything said and done to
✿kawehi.reviews
Oct 16, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
☆ I received an ARC via LBTS PR in exchange for an honest review. Thank you! ☆
Lustful Literature
Mar 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
**JOSIE'S 4.5 STAR REVIEW**

Wow, wow wow. I love MJ Fields, love, love her. I love the Steele men and have read all her books. Ms. Fields has a way of writing a story that is filled with so much passion, real life issues and gripping characters that have me so involved and engrossed in the story. I am a Jersey girl, so of course I love anything having to do with the shore. I love how Ms. Fields provides readers with details like my summers there. I have waited for Abe’s story for forever. Somethi
Jamie *Gypsy Smut-a-teer*
hmmmm, This book was quiet...different. I liked it. It had a lot going on in it. But something about it left me wanting more, like left me feeling like it maybe was,.... unfinished, maybe another novella or something could be coming or maybe just rushed at the end??? I don't know, it wasn't the longest book ever, so sometimes that just tends to speed up the story.

Okay, so the story starts out in Florida on a little beach vacation. Abe is looking for a relaxing get-away since his family basically
Pam Nelson
4 Abe Stars

To be honest I wasn’t sure what I was getting with this book. I loved other MJ Fields titles.

So getting a glimpse in to this world was pretty freaking cool if I am honest with you. I to feel like sometimes the character cross over could be smoother, only because I can’t remember how some of them connected to the other. Maybe I should have read the series in order I don’t know. But it still all worked well.

I loved Abe’s personality, his demeanour. He is everything you think of when yo
Aubrey Storm
Oct 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was fortunate enough to receive an ARC for Abe.

Abe is everything I love in a man...Sweet when he needs to be and dominating in all the right places.

Abe is the CFO of Steel Inc. and on a vacation he first meets Nikki, who he likes to call Four.
They spend some time together while on vacation. He's not sure what he thinks of her at this point but never expects to see her again.

But as fate has they do meet again and sparks begin to fly and Abe teaches her just what he likes in the bedroom.

MJ Fi
Chocalicious Love
Jul 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this. Seriously. 4.5* :-)
Darlene  Fessenden
Abe: Four in Hand

The storyline of Abe and Nicollet was captivating from the very beginning until the end. I wasn't able to put it down until I had completed it.
Elizabeth
Jan 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: free-kindle, own
good read
Katie
Oct 02, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I’m a big fan of MJ Fields and was excited to read this spin off series from Men of Steel. The Steel brothers are just fantastic and reading about these other characters is a lot of fun. Abe was a big part of the other series and I enjoyed reading about the man behind the Steel brothers. As is the norm for Ms Fields, Abe: Four in Hand was a spectacularly written tale of discovery and determination and the alpha male show of strength and protectiveness.

Abe O’Donnell is the CFO of Steel Incorpora
Anny hernandez
Oct 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was provide a copy of the book by the Author for an honest review.

HOLY SMOKING HOT I just finish reading this book, and I love it, love the characters, and love how the book turn out to be. I had read the Man Of Steel series and I love them all, and I am so glad that we finally get to read the story of Abe, Carly cousin and Jase best friend, and I love to hear his story, I am gone keep this short since I don't want to give anything away.

The story begging with Abe taking a vacation, he is on a
Gloria Herrera for As You Wish Reviews
Being in control may lead others to believe you are uncaring. That is NOT true! Control can in fact mean you need a certain order to your life so you can deal with all the emotions you are feeling. By controlling these emotions and compartmentalizing them, you are then able to deal with them in an orderly fashion and still retain your perspective and sanity.

This is Abe. In control, totally efficient, always busy and handling the mess at Steel Industries. His love life? Very controlled. Now that
Margreet Asselbergs

ARC Review
Released: October 28, 2014

My rating: 4.5 of 5 ⭐

*****

A deliciously wicked spin off from the fabulous Men Of Steel Series by MJ Fields.

Unlike his friends and colleagues, the Steel brothers, Abe seems to be a more controlled and contained man. Not quite as combustive and slightly more refined, Abe has found a good balance in his life between personal and business, and knows very well how to maintain it. With very tight control and firmly s
Brianna at Renee Entress's Blog
5 Sizzling Stars!

I loved this book! I love this author and Abe was always a favorite of mine from the Men of Steel series because he was such a mystery in a sense. This book was sizzling hot! It is scorching and should come with a warning that kindle may burst into flames. This book will take you on an emotional roller coaster that will make you want to smile, frown, cry a tear or two, get angry, and laugh.

This is Abe and Nikki's story. When Abe meets Nikki, he knows he has to have her. When Nik
1-Click Addict Support Group
Mar 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
Abe O'Donnell has worked his butt off to get where he is. He doesn't have time for a social life so he hires escorts that have the same tastes as him, but he is very selective in whom he spends his nights with. Abe has been forced to take a much needed vacation and while there he meets his mysterious neighbor whom he calls "Four" and he shares a passionate night he can't forget, but she runs before Abe learns her real name…

Nikolette Bassett thought she was just going to relax and forget about he
Mary  Sanchez Cortez
Oct 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Rose
Oct 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Finally, Abe's story is here! And oh my, it was so worth the wait!!! Cyrus has been my favorite Man of Steel until now but now I'm just not sure, Abe may have him beaten!

Abe O'Donnell has been working hard for years, first with college and then after as the CFO of Steel, Inc. Now that all the Steel men are settling down he feels he can finally take a vacation. Abe being who he is, always in control of all things in his life, he only plans on taking a week of at the beach in Florida. Thinking him
Shaunna Armstrong
Oct 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Abe goes on vacation to get away. Abe is the CFO of Steel Inc. his best friends company. Abe is all business and is in need of some down time. He is forced to get on the plane by his cousin Carly, Jase's wife. He arrives at his rented house for the week, and finds that it isn't as private as it was suppose to be. While skinny dipping in the pool he meets the neighbors, all girls, all ready to have a good time. None of them really peak his interest so he goes inside. Later that night another girl ...more
Renee Entress from Renee Entress's Blog
5 stars

This Abe and Nikki's story. If you read the Men Of Steel series listed below you have already meet Abe.

Jase (Men Of Steel, #1)
Jase & Carly (Men Of Steel, #1.5)
Cyrus (Men Of Steel, #2)
Zandor (Men Of Steel, #3)
Xavier (Men Of Steel, #4)
Forever Steel (Men of Steel, #4.5)

Abe is an Alpha male who knows just what he wants and has no trouble going after it. He also loves to be in control. Enter Nikki (four) who has trouble trusting. Not sure she likes Abe always being in control. Can she tru
Kim
Oct 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
MJ Fields has FOUR ACES IN HER HAND with this book.

ONE-CLICK this book NOW!! MJ Fields is THE master at writing Sexy, Smart, Alpha Males…Did I mention dominant and tattooed as well? I’m so glad that Ms. Fields has decided to expand her Steel World to include ABE because I knew he had a story to tell and boy is it a hot and crazy one.

If you’re looking for a really well written story about the all-American guy with a control streak a mile- wide, and oh so many inventive ways to exercise that perso
Heather andrews
Oct 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Abe he doesn't care what anyone thinks and he sure likes to get a rise out of Nikki, and Nikki she's a bold little thing, "my eyes went down again and then quickly up. "Four, you keep checking out my stuff and I won't be hanging much longer." Abe is nothing but honest, "off the record, what went on between you and I was not what normally goes on in my bed." He's also upfront about his intentions, "this happens and there is no turning back. If this happens, Nikolette, you'll give me everything I ...more
  • Just One Night, Vol. 1
  • Wicked Ways (Dark Hearts, #1)
  • Six
  • Revealing Ruby (Bound and Determined #1.5)
  • The Game (Fun and Games, #2)
  • Resist (Resist, #1)
  • Tied & Twisted (Taken in Bondage, #1)
  • I Am Atlas (Playing God, #1)
  • His Wild Desire (Death Lords MC, #1)
  • Captive (New Life, #1)
  • Dirty Bad Secrets (Dirty Bad, #4)
  • Scandalous (Tease, #2.5)
  • Delirious Series Boxed Set (Delirious, #0.5-3)
  • Sordid (Sordid, #1)
  • The Alpha Bundle
  • Becoming Sir (The Art of D/s)
  • Five Weeks in December (Twisted & Tied, #1)
  • Good Girl (Blended, #1)
USA Today Bestselling author MJ FIELDS grew up on a farm surrounded by her extended family. She attributes her ability to write a realistic male character to the fact that she had a large amount of male influences in her life… that and the dirty joke books she would steal from her uncles or the farms hired help and run away laughing while they chased her yelling obscenities trying to get her to re ...more
More about M.J. Fields

Ties of Steel (3 books)
  • Dominic: The Prince (Ties of Steel, #2)
  • Sabato: The Cross (Ties of Steel, #4)

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Reed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Always
    $13.99 $2.99
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Bend in the Road
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Flame and the Flower (Birmingham)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Heat Wave
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Some Kind of Hero (Troubleshooters, #17)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be
  • Love, Chloe
    $3.99 $1.99
“You are it for me. I don’t want anyone else. I want you. I want you strong, I want you broken, I want you tied up, I want you on a bar. I want you to be my partner and the mother of my child. I want you now and I want you forever.” 3 likes
“The faster I went, the tighter she held on, so I went faster.” 2 likes