Start by marking “Afraid to Fall (Dennison, #1)” as Want to Read:
Afraid to Fall (Dennison, #1)

Afraid to Fall

(Dennison #1)

Jaded and hardened by the ultimate of betrayals, Clearwater Falls Sheriff Gage Dennison is content with his simple, detached life.

With only his loyal dog at his side, Gage has successfully maintained the walls he's built around his life and heart for eight years. From his secluded house at the end of a private road, to the solitude of a small town sheriff, he has no troubl
Published October 16th 2014 by W. Ferraro

To ask other readers questions about Afraid to Fall, please sign up.

Auntee
I almost disliked the hero--he was way too screwed up over something that happened in his past. This guy really needed therapy because he had severe trust issues. I kept thinking 'get over it already, it's been years…'

Anyhow, I really liked the heroine (until the end when she couldn't forgive...)
I liked the sexual chemistry between the H/h, the overall story and it did make me tear up a bit...
So...4 stars.
 B.E.Love
Jul 13, 2016 rated it liked it
Not bad but not great, I have been busy and while reading this book I found it easy to just do other things instead of read this one. The H is a JERK yes but I will say he makes up for it and I completely believe he groveled for it, he was practically comatose while she was away. The h and her son is all the H cares about. This book wasn't bad at all just a nice read.
Sofia Lazaridou
Spoiler warning

I am writing this review a couple of hours after finishing the book. I am still a little pissed about it to be honest. Before the last 25% I would have given the book a five star rating and the review would be about how good the book was. But Delaney started to get on my nerves after that point.

First of all, sometimes she was a big hypocrite. It's ok for her to focus on one of the ten things Gage says, but when Gage does the same to her, she is all "Is that the only thing you hear
Kim
Sep 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars
Gage Dennison, the town Sheriff of Clearwater Falls is used to his solitary life. He was not expecting a city girl with a baby to end up as his neighbor. And he certainly was not expecting to be attracted to her. He has deep seated trust issues and a chip on his shoulder. He has his reasons, but his past has prevented him from really enjoying life. He has his job and family, but he is not really happy.

Delaney moved to Clearwater Falls to change her whole life in order to give her son a better on
Sharing My
Oct 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Another amazing book by W. Ferraro! I am never disappointed when I read her books, they're always awesome! Afraid to Fall is about learning to move on and trust someone again, even after you've been betrayed in the past. Gage Dennison is the Sheriff who was betrayed by his ex-wife and best friend. Delaney Collins is his new neighbor who moves to Clearwater Falls, to start a new life for herself and her baby. Although the chemistry between Gage and Delaney is there from the start, Gage fights it, ...more
Kate's Corner
I usually love this author and I'm really on the fence with this one.

Gage Dennison was betrayed in an awful way and he has shut himself off from everyone apart from his family and his dog Remington. He helps Delaney on the roadside due to snow and they get off to a bad start. Too many bad starts to be honest.

Delaney Collins made a mistake to believe the lies of a married man to protect her son she moved away. She runs into Gage and well she is honest and gives Gage hope that things can be bette
~Steph K~
**ARC from the author in exchange for an honest review by the girls and I at www.sizzlingpages.com **

Delaney is a single mom, moving to a new town with her infant
son in hopes of getting a fresh start on life.
She's strong and determined, and knows she'll be okay once she gets her
and Jacob settled.  Things start off
rocky though when her car gets stuck in the snow and she hasn't even reached
her new home yet.  Luckily someone comes
to her rescue, and gets her pulled out - and make sure
Holly Price
Oct 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014-read
4 1/2 Stars

Delaney Collins is moving to a new town to start over with her son, Jacob. She’s basically alone in the world after unknowingly falling for a married man. When she finds herself pregnant and treated like the town pariah, she moves to the cute little town of Clearwater Falls.

Gage Dennison is the oldest of the huge Dennison clan. Gage was married before and betrayed in the worst way. It’s been 8 years, but he is still bitter and determined to never let a woman have that power over him
Alison Jansen
Oct 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
Love myself a good old romance story, and this one did not disappoint me. There is just something about a small town romance that gets me every time! A disillusioned guy, a young woman full of love and dreams! And Gage is as disillusioned as they come!

When young mum Delaney comes to town and moves in next door to the closed off sheriff, he is not the only one surprised when he cant seem to keep away from her. After a terrible break up with his high school sweetheart turned wife he has closed him
Brittney
Sep 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Wendy has done it again. The first page left me puzzled but the prologue had me hooked. I had wondered where she would go with it. I just love how she starts working in all the characters. You really get a glimpse into each character, not just the MC's.
I am not sure if I want to like or hate Gage. He needs to stop screwing things up. I love how Wendy wrote Drunk Gage. That felt totally realistic to me. I can say I wish Delany stood up to him more and didn't accept his apologizing so easily. I d
Mayra Statham
Oct 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is Ferraro's best work to date, and I only see great things to come!

Gage and Delaney's story is an incredible love story of forgiveness and of giving love another chance.

Delaney is a single mom of an infant, whose father was dishonest with her. Gage's ex-wife betrayed him with someone he completely trusted. When these two meet, there is an attraction. Gage can not stop thinking about the pretty redheaded neighbor, and Delaney's thoughts are filled with the sexy sheriff with a temper.

The way
Lynetta Halat
Sep 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
W. Ferraro just never disappoints. I'm so intrigued by these Dennison men, and I fell in love with our intro character, Gage.

So, Gage is that man that makes me want to scream in frustration sometimes, but that is also what makes me love and appreciate him all the more. When those vulnerabilities seeped through, and I watched Gage grow as a man, I was done for. A man that has been through hell and struggles is fiercely loving man, and we totally get that with Gage.

I love how strong and in depend
Small Adventures, Full Hearts
Oct 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
Nothing is better than a hot headed man in a uniform....nothing more sexy than a man loving a baby like his own...holy moly ladies Gage is HOT HOT HOT! Yes he could have calmed down a little. He was hot head but that made Gage - Gage....

I loved watching these two broken characters find there HEA..yeah it was ruff, I wanted to throw my kindle at them to get there SH*@ together...but I love how you could feel the love deep behind this huge mess...

I fell in love with this town, with these character
Florence
Sep 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Just when I thought it couldn't get any hotter the Hamden I find myself in Clearwater Falls and all I can say is Wow.. Gage and Delaney's story is so intense and passionate that I found myself on the edge my seat praying they would survive each others pasts and knowing it wouldn't be easy..There is an incredible family dynamic with the Dennison brothers that had me laughing at one point and then tearing up at another... This book really played havoc on my emotions did a lot of crying that's for ...more
Alice
Oct 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Afraid to Fall

Awesome book about true love that didn't come easily. Gage and Delaney's journey was filled with mistrust and plenty of baggage. You will need two boxes of tissues not one. I quietly cried at least twice while reading this amazing story of personal struggle. Really good read if you love a great love story and don't mind a good cry. Beautifully written.
Mellena
Oct 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
When this book was presented to me to read I thought it would be an interesting one, maybe nice and relaxing.. an easy love story that give me the warm fuzzies. I had never read a book by W. Ferraro so I didn't know what to expect. I can tell you when I was done with this book I had an aching chest from needing to cry my eyes out, I was ready to lay down on the floor and have a little fit, but then the book became beautiful again and I couldn't help smiling and I hungered for more.

Delaney Colli
Bethany
Oct 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing

W. Ferraro is an effing goddess. Yep. I fell in love with her back with the start of the Hamden Series. Since then, I’ve been infatuated with her characters. I’m ashamed to say I didn’t even know this was coming out until I saw a post about a blog tour. So OBVIOUSLY I joined it, because I love this woman. I can’t even imagine what my reading life would be like right now if it weren’t for W. Ferraro. She’s one of the first contemporary authors that I had started reading, along with New Adult and
Heather
Oct 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
Even though I’m part of the tour, I bought Afraid To Fall, partly because I couldn’t find it in my Kindle cloud and mostly because I was too antsy to get to it and wanted it right when I was looking for it. :) I’ve posted the cover reveal (it was that gorgeous cover that first hooked me) and the release day post, after those posts I was so excited to get going on this when the date came up on my calendar.

We start the book with Gage excited to be planning a trip for him and his wife. Then we flas
Brianna at Renee Entress's Blog
4.5 Stars!

I really enjoyed this book. It was a lighter romance with just enough steam to heat you up and enough sweetness to make your heart melt. This book had angst but it wasn't overdone. I love some country boys and this book has one tough, country sheriff whose heart is surrounded by a block of ice. I also love when a woman brings a man to his knees and that is this story. While this was a quick read, it packed a serious punch and I cannot wait for the next in the series!

This is Gage and De
Natalie Neck
Oct 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
Review for Afraid to Fall By W. Ferraro

I was given this Arc for a honest Review

Gage is a Divorced Sherriff of a small town who has lost all hope of Love after his wife cheated on him with his best friend.

Delaney is a New mother that has moved to a small town in tiny cottage that was left to her when a family member died. She is hell bent on making a great life for her and her little man.

When Delaney is moving to this small town she hits some bad weather and a night in shining armor helps her she
Missy Harton
A 5 STAR romance!!

I was gifted this book for an honest review. This was my first W. Ferraro read. I have DEFINITELY found another author to follow!! This beautifully written story had me hooked from the beginning. Finding and falling in love, having your heart broken, and fear of ever trusting again are all situations that present themselves in this book. This story will make you swoon, cry, and throw your reading device! I loved the story and the characters. I look forward to finding out what's
Shanda
Oct 20, 2014 rated it it was ok
This book was okay. Gage was an asshole I didn’t like him. The books start with him being angry and hateful. Then by 50% Gage and Delaney are in love and even talking about making babies. Gage continues to be angry and hateful. Delaney forgives him. The end.
I didn’t connect because Gage was a douche so I didn’t really care if Delaney forgave him. The book also had a lot of cheesy lines.

Disclaimer for MY GR’s Reviews: I reserve the right to review all books I read in a detailed review or by the
Jessica
Oct 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book. Sometimes a book is able to restore your faith in love and Delaney and Gage showed that love isn't perfect, but it is possible if you are willing to take a chance.

Gage is the small town sheriff who is beyond jaded as a result of his first marriage. I can't really say that I blamed him for the way he acted based on the information that is provided about what happened in the past. I think that if he had acted any other way it would have been unbelievable.

Delaney is
Oct 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Move over Hamden Hotties, there a new Sheriff of my heart! His name is Gage Dennison and he is the town sheriff of Clearwater Falls.

This is the first book in the newest series by W. Ferraro, and it will definitely give Hamden a run for it's money. Wendy did such a great job creating Gage and Delaney. Both are hurting, both are trying to forget the past and move on and neither want to get involved with someone new, but sometimes fate is a minx and likes to show who's boss.

After helping Delaney g
Amazeballs Book Addicts
Oct 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I haven't read anything by this author before this book, but I will be going back and one-clicking her Hamden series for sure!! Everything about this book drew me in and I could not put it down. I really loved how the author has wrote and developed Gage and Delany as real life characters. I could relate to each of them and see where each were coming from. I understood why they acted the way they did. Some say that Delany was annoying, but I didn't get that at all. I felt she was a real life woma ...more
Kelly Mccurdy
Oct 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
~~ I received this book in exchange for an honest review~~

The cover is what drew me into reading this book. When a new girl and her infant son move into the small town of Clearwater Falls, it is all everyone is talking about. All the Sheriff (Gage) wants to do is make sure that the town is kept safe and doesn't have the time for love.

Delaney and her infant son want a fresh start, she is tired of the day to day setting of the city. As soon as she has Jacob, she is out of the city, and heading f
Felecia Hickman- amaya
Oct 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Gage and Delaney are two broken people from being destroyed by their past unwilling to follow their hearts. Is falling worth it ? Will you survive being broken again if you take that chance? Take a chance on falling for the first Dennison man. You wont be disappointed.

Wendy Ferraro has created another masterpiece within the pages of Afraid to Fall. It is a beautiful and sometimes painful journey of finding your way to the edge and wondering when you get there are you gonna be Afraid to Fall. Th
Sassy Southern
Oct 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Afraid to Fall is the first book I have read by W. Ferraro but will not be the last. Delaney Collins moves to a small town with her baby boy to start a new life. Delaney is traveling in her nice car during a snow storm and has to have help from the sheriff Gage Dennison. Upon meeting each other they both think the other could use some manners. Delaney doesn't depend on anyone and hopes this change will be for the best. What she didn't expect was to meet the Sheriff and made feel like she was mak ...more
DJ Sakata
Favorite Quotes:

“They’re kind of like puppies with a new toy. They are all over it at first but soon grow bored and go off to sniff their butts and chase their tails.”

“All of his kisses should come with warning labels; each one was better than the last.”

“I want you now, just as I will want you in fifty years. You don’t complete me; you make me.”

“You took the sparkle out of her eyes. So think about that when she tells you to go shit in your hat.”

My Review:

This was a sweet ride that turned into a
Emilie Mcdonald
Oct 22, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
  • A Little Bit of Trouble (Little Bits, #3)
  • Limits
  • Soul Of A Woman (The Dark Souls, #2)
  • Virtue & Vanity
  • Thick Love (Thin Love, #2)
  • The Fine Line
  • Regretfully (Sinfully #2)
  • In Pursuit (Pursuit, #1)
  • Not Alone (Brown County, #1)
  • Break Away
  • Lovely
  • A Blue Tale
  • Sanctuary of Mine
  • Ready to Love (Damaged Hearts, #1)
  • Exquisite Betrayal
  • What Mattered Most
  • Icy Pretty Love
  • Serenity Falls
I live in New England with my young family. I'm a stay at home mom to two very active children. For all of you who are familiar with the stress of this job, I decided to complete an item on my bucket list and write a book. When I'm not writing, you will find me cooking, reading, shopping or being silly with the kids.

I wish you all happy reading and hope you fall in love with the men of Hamden.

ple

Dennison (3 books)
  • Taking the Fall (Dennison, #2)
  • Refusing to Fall (Dennison, #3)