Start by marking “How to Seduce a Fireman (Wild Heat, #1)” as Want to Read:
How to Seduce a Fireman (Wild Heat, #1)

How to Seduce a Fireman

(Wild Heat #1)

The heat is on…

Cassie Wolford has crushed on fireman Quinn Gallagher ever since he moved to Clearwater three years ago. There’s just one problem: he’s always made it clear dating is out of the question. But once a Wolford sets their sights on someone, that person doesn’t stand a chance! Cassie decides it’s time for Quinn to get a dose of his own medicine… and sets out to s
Published October 2nd 2014 by HarperImpulse

To ask other readers questions about How to Seduce a Fireman, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How to Seduce a Fireman

Sep 27, 2014 rated it liked it
Received an ARC for review

Really...that's how you want to end it. Not all questions answered and a piss poor ending to Cassie and Quinn's relationship. If it weren't for that it would be a solid four stars. I loved the rest of the book, the way their relationship evolved, and all the secondary characters who will awesome hero and heroines in search of their own HEAs.
P.e. lolo
Jun 23, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance-fireman
This is a very hot book no pun intended. Cassie Wolford has had a crash on Quinn Gallagher for three years, now by him not showing up on her 21st birthday has just about ended all of her hopes of at least kissing him. When she shows up at the firehouse to drop off left over cake for the guys Quinn gives her the low down of his feels and her not being wanted by him. He does it in front of the entire firehouse and she holds it together until she gets outside. Later when she ends up at a nightclub ...more
Mindy Bigham
Sep 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
*I received this book free from NetGalley on behalf of HarperImpulse in exchange for an honest review*

I have so many highlights I don't know where to begin…

For starters, Cassie is a smart mouth woman who knows what she wants and isn't afraid to go after it. She will let nothing get in the way of her having Quinn. She loves him, she wants to marry him, hell…she wants to sleep with him too, and if he thinks she'll just up and let him leave town he's got another thing coming.

Quinn has a past that s
Jane Hunt
Dec 07, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
How to Seduce a Fireman (Wild Heat, #1) by Vonnie Davis

Jane Hunt Writer First Steps

Jane Hunt Writer Book Reviews Facebook

Jane Hunt Writer Book Reviews Google+

I enjoyed the seasonal prequel to this sexy fireman story 'Santa Wore Leathers' and this story featuring Cassie the baby of the family and Quinn is an interesting read. Einstein the charismatic dog makes a cameo appearance but the animal star is Furball the stray cat adopted by Quinn who provides the comic relief and shows a softer side to Quinn.

Cassie turns twenty one and Quinn misses her par
Fiona Marsden
Oct 16, 2014 rated it liked it
I picked this from Netgalley to try something a little different from my usual category fare.

The story is a very simple friends to lovers trope with a young heroine just turned twenty-one and the hero seven years older. I remember the age difference because he seemed kind of obsessed by it. My DH is nearly eight years older than me and I was not quite twenty-one when we married so I was a little, what is the big deal here.

Anyway...Cassie has been obsessed, sorry, in love with Quinn for three yea
Amaranthine
Sep 19, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: arc, netgalley
This is supposed to be a friends-to-lovers story, and unfortunately, that is what I find the most difficult to believe. The main characters do not behave as though they were ever friends, let alone best friends.

Flip-flopping emotions at the drop of a hat appears to be the theme of this novel, as both the hero and heroine appear to be suffering from some sort of severe mood disorder. For a large portion of the book the heroine alternates between screaming, crying, and childish temper tantrums al
Auria Jourdain
Apr 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Hawt, hawt, hawt!! Vonnie's firemen of Clearwater, Florida are just that. It totally helped that I know the area well having vacationed there several times. This is the follow up to the first book in the Wild Heat series, Santa Wore Leathers. Seduce could probably be a stand-alone, but it helps to have read the first one because the heroine, Cassie Wolford, was introduced in the previous novel.
Cassie's all fire and spice, a likable girl that knows just what--or who--she wants: broken hero, Qui
Kimberly
Sep 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Review featured on www.books-n-kisses.com

So I really enjoyed this story. There is a wonderful amount of angst between the characters who so clearly love each other from moment one and they compliment each other really well. However there is a lot of anger between them. Thankfully the author put that they were in counseling because if a couple ever need counseling it is this couple. I enjoyed Quinn mostly. When he gets mad or in his own head too much he can be a bit of an a$$ so that gets old pre
Nina
Sep 28, 2014 rated it liked it
*3.5 Stars*

How to Seduce a Fireman was an entertaining story although sadly, we didn't get to see much of Quinn as a fireman.

I liked that there were bits of suspense and angst thrown into this story which kind of took me by surprise. It was a nice surprise though which kept me turning the pages. As for the characterization of Quinn and Cassie, I really liked them together and as individuals. Quinn was the epitome of a tortured hero and on top of that he was POSSESSIVE which I didn't mind ;)

As f
Heather andrews
Sep 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
When I see a book written by Vonnie I don't give two hoots what it's about I automatically get it, I love this author's writing. Quinn is pretty possessive on who Cassie makes lasagna for, "you make lasagna for no one, but me. Do you hear? ME." As if the emotional force behind his words registered, a pained expression narrowed his eyes and pinched his lips. "Dammit, Cassie, you're killing me here." I mean he does like to throw temper tantrums, "I'm warning you. Shut. The hell. Up. I've had enoug ...more
Eve Devon
Apr 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Friends-to-lovers trope is my favourite, so I was always going to want to read this one. Also, having read the prequel “Santa Wore Leathers” and LOVED it, I was doubly excited.
There is a lot of wonderful plot in this book and it reads more of a hot romantic suspense, than a contemporary romance, but as I love the romantic suspense genre, I was doing the happy reading dance. Plus: Hello? What is not to like about ex-military AND firemen!
At times I felt Cassie and Quinn’s relationship yo-yo’d an
Debbie Kolins
Jan 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was given this book as a prize. This is the second book of Vonnie Davis' I have read. In this book we have Quinn Gallagher and Cassie Wolford . Cassie has had a crush on Quinn ever since he moved to Clearwater, Florida three years ago. Quinn is a hard-hitting ex-CIA operative turned fireman and has a horrible past and Cassie has very over protective siblings. Cassie turns twenty one and Quinn misses her party. Cassie does everything she can to prove to Quinn that she is the woman of his dreams ...more
Karen
Feb 23, 2015 rated it liked it
I love Vonnie Davis, but this book was just OK for me. Cassie has been lusting after her brother's best friend since she was 18 and now she is going to let him know on her 21st birthday. He cares for her but he doesn't plan on forever with any woman because of his past before he became a fireman. Cassie and Quinn have been jogging buddies, but he doesn't want it to go further. There are some good characters and some fun moments in the story and there is a also some suspense as something from Qui ...more
Dixie Brown
Nov 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Quinn is a hard-hitting ex-CIA operative turned fireman. Cassie is the baby of her family, maybe a little spoiled by her older brothers and sisters, and definitely used to getting what she wants. And she wants Quinn. Chaos and merriment ensue when she sets a plan in motion to stop her man from leaving town. For a while it looks like she might succeed, until a dangerous man from Quinn's past interferes.

I've enjoyed every one of Ms. Davis's books, so I knew I'd love this one too. She gave us two c
Samantha
For sure interesting and did not really go where I thought it was going. Quinn has secrets, regrets, and a lot of guilt buried deep within and not a whole lot of people know about his past. Now he's in Florida rebuilding his life and enjoying his friends.

Cassie has been in love with Quinn since the first night she met him. Now three years later things are going to come to a head. She's tired of getting his conquests thrown in her face and just turning 21 she's old enough now to show what she ha
Faith89
Oct 04, 2014 rated it liked it
Copy courtesy of NETGALLEY
This was a quick easy read. The ending was rushed and left some unanswered questions.
Quinn and Cassie have been friends for 3 years. They did everything together. One friend described their relationship as dating without the sex. Once Cassie turns 21 she is ready to get her man. Because of his past, Quinn panics and he decides to leave. Once he realizes that another man will eventually take his place; the possessive alpha male appears. Cassie was feisty but had some dar
Bookgyrl
Jul 07, 2015 rated it liked it
OK read. Started out quite nice and the writing style is very pleasant. After a while it was getting harder to like Cassie. One day she woukd be feisty and fighting for her man, the next she would behave like a teenager. She wants Quinn to open up to her, but when he does (he has episodes connected to a failed mission as an DEA agent) she cannot handle it and ends up in hospital after slashing her arms and it is revealed she has done that in the past.

A firefighter book without actual firefighter
Jessica Alcazar
Sep 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
FIVE off the charts, fantabulous, sexy stars for Vonnie Davis. This is my very first read by Ms Davis and it SO will NOT be my last! I absolutely loved these characters and their interactions! As much steam as you got, you got humor! LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT!
The story was very well written with just enough angst that it keeps you glued to what is going to happen next. There was never a dull moment between Cassie and Quinn.
I highly recommend this book!
ARC provided via NetGalley by HarperCollins U
Christa
Dec 11, 2014 rated it liked it
This was an enjoyable and entertaining book. The two main characters, Cassie and Quinn, had known each other for a few years. Quinn thought Cassie was off limits because she was several years younger than him, but she was out to prove him wrong. Quinn has some baggage in his past that adds to the things they have to overcome. The book kept my interest, and I enjoyed watching the relationship develop between these two.
Michelle
Oct 26, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: netgalley-books
Cassie has loved Quinn for years, but he feels he is too damaged for her. This book has some action and mystery elements, as well as some humor.

The best parts about this book were the secondary characters, humorous elements, and steamy sex scenes. The language the author used to refer to female genitalia was unacceptable to me however. In addition, I found the book a bit predictable and found myself skimming some sections.
Vero Stro
Sep 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book! Quinn is an ex-CIA operative turned fireman. Cassie is the baby girl of her family,spoiled by her older brothers and sisters. She always gets waht she wants and it happens to be Quinn.

I loved this book. The characters are strong willed and the chemistry is amazing.
Chele
Apr 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
3 years is a long time to wait, but Cassie thinks that Quinn is worth it.
This story had me laughing ,crying and getting fighting mad.
Quinn and Cassie are both dealing with issues from their past.
Both strong willed and determined to get what they want.I recommend this story to everyone .
I look forward to more Of Vonnie Davis' writing!
Angela
Oct 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is a new author to me and i was totally hooked at the start it had me laughing then as i got to know the characters it was heartbreaking to see them go through so much was a lot of drama and action you just never knew what would happen next highly recommended
Sherry Vitaniemi
Years

It took 3 yeArs for these two to figure it out.They booth have a lot of baggage to work on. But they are right for each other. They heal each other and complete each other. Enjoyed their story. Didn't like the ending.
Samantha Mcclain
I don't understand the ending I was hoping that everything would be revealed in the next book but it wasn't. I even searched the site for an ending like in Santa wear leather. I would have been very happy to have found out about quinn's dad. It made me feel like it needed a sequel.
Jodi Cain
Oct 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is a must read, especially if you love books with romance and pain. This book will have you turning the pages just to see what happens next. I love Quinn he is very alpha and he loves Cassie with all his heart. Can't wait to read book 2
Dee
Nov 02, 2016 rated it liked it
Rating 3.5
Shirley
Jul 23, 2015 rated it it was ok
Couldn't finish this book. The storyline wasn't that believable. There was very little chemistry between the characters. I hate not finishing books.
Tiffani
Jan 23, 2017
crissy moody
Jan 14, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Beyond All Boundaries
  • Breaking Bad (Bad Boys of the Bay, #2)
  • Heat of the Moment
  • Gone Wild
  • All Fired Up (Black Halo, #2)
  • Love is a Battlefield (DreamMakers #2)
  • All He Wants for Christmas
  • Cabin 12 (Rock Point, #2)
  • How to Tame a Wild Fireman (The Bachelor Firemen of San Gabriel, #4)
  • Together in Cyn (Members Only, #1)
  • Hot Nights with the Fireman (Alpha Heroes, #1)
  • Stoking the Embers (Embers, #1)
  • Her Firefighter SEAL (When SEALs Come Home #6)
  • Honey Red
  • Temptation (Nashville Nights, #1)
  • The Right Side of Mr Wrong
  • Full Blaze (Firehawks, #2)
  • Ring of Fire (Caribou Crossing, #6)

Wild Heat (3 books)
  • For the Love of a Fireman (Wild Heat, #2)
  • Pin-up Fireman (Wild Heat, #3)