Start by marking “Still On Herring Cove Road: Hickory, Dickory, Death” as Want to Read:
Still On Herring Cove Road: Hickory, Dickory, Death

Still On Herring Cove Road: Hickory, Dickory, Death

(Herring Cove Road #2)

Book #2 of the Herring Cove Road series.

*WARNING* This second novel in the Herring Cove Road series contains speckles of strong language and involves disturbing story elements.

The first murder of a child raised eyebrows; the second raised alarms.

Ten-year-old Dewey is moving, and he couldn't be more excited; though, he's alone in his enthusiasm. Lisa, his mother, and recent
ebook
Published October 31st 2014 by Smashwords Edition

To ask other readers questions about Still On Herring Cove Road, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Still On Herring Cove Road

Holly
Aug 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
Still on Herring Cove Road: Hickory, Dickory, Death is the second installment in the Herring Cove Road series. This book is a little darker than book one but still a enjoyable read due to its rich and well-developed characters and relationships. This book centers on Dewey, who begins to go by his full name Dwight.

Lisa can no longer afford her home next door to Av so she and Dwight move to another neighborhood. Av is heartbroken but finds he spends almost as much time with them at the new place a
Reeca Elliott
This is the second book in this series. The first is Mr. Jew and the Goy Boy. You can read my review here.

When I started this story I felt like I was reading about old friends. The characters just pull you in. My favorite one is Avrial. He has a lesser part in this story. This one is more about Dewey.

This almost reads like two different novels. The first part of the story is more of a coming of age tale about Dewey. Then it turns into a suspense saga with some pretty disturbing events. It defin
Karen Laird
Jan 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
Still On Herring Cove Road
By
Michael Kroft

Just how is life lived one the other side of the freeway? You know, in those low income apartments filled with one parent households and elderly personages on pensions that don’t quite meet the end of the month? Those of us who live on the tree lined streets of single family homes with two car garages and two income households seem to see life through a different set of glasses. Life seems to go along at a little different pace, until we suddenly find our
Deborah Mitton
Sep 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful tale by Michael Kroft of growing up poor in a rough part of Halifax. I fell is love with the main characters, Dwight or Dewey, Mr. Avriel Rosen or Av, Blue (an old soul in a little boy's body) and the shy Stevie.

We get to know the neighbors and the in and outs of been a child in the early 70's. While we watch the boys come to terms with the changes in the world, the grown ups in the story are worried by a "Kid-Killer" in their mist.

The author weaves the reader into the daily lives of
Lncropper
I enjoyed the first book in this series so much that I quickly bought the second one and started it right away. There was a murder in the first one, but it was not solved until the next one, and was only a small part of the story. I was very disappointed. The delightful characters of the first book are surrounded by a serial killer or killers; the torture murder of a child (rather graphically described) and a lot of other unpleasant stuff I did not want to deal with. The author created great cha ...more
Rebecca Bryn
Apr 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Still on Herring Cove Road - Hickory Dickory Death by Michael Kroft.
This continues the story of the relationship between Av, Lisa and Dewie in the same evocative and sensitive way, with real and beautifully-depicted new characters, and is a joy to read. It gets darker as the mystery of the child murders unfolds, and in places is heartbreaking, but it kept me guessing to the end. I highly recommend the Herring Cove Road novels.https://www.amazon.com/review/create-...#
Meg Tackes
Feb 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the second book of the trilogy. I have read all three books. I loved how the author entertwined family, friendship, love and a murder mystery. Very easy, delightful reads. I am reading another of the author’s books: Before Herring Cove Road. ENJOY!
Sheila Kulycky
This second book was less fanciful than the first. It included the murder of children which added not only sadness but disgust. There was also a few loose ends that were unresolved. I liked the ending, but it was unrealistic.
Cheryl Gill
May 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Volume two Herring Cove Road

I love this series by Michael Kroft. His characters are rich and well developed. The story is both heartwarming and well thought out. I will continue this fulfilling series with great anticipation.
Bob Abbott
Aug 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent in every way. Besides it's a good read for real.
Betty
Aug 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The boy and his mother move to an apartment in a seedy area. Children are being killed and nobody knows who is doing it. Drug dealing is going on here.
Lev
Jul 05, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Awful

Children being abused. Terrible plot. Quit reading after the graphic murder scene of the main character. Why write such awful things?
Lovey
Feb 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Interesting twist
A surprise to me
I continue to enjoy the characters and the storyline
Andreas J. Bendzin
Fun read.

I truly came to enjoy his books. This one had a bit of a mystery to it. And you Never guess who the criminal is until the very end.
Mar 25, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The second book in the series takes a darker turn.
Deb M.
Feb 12, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another easy read for this snowy cold winter where hibernation sounds good!
lorrainelancieri

• Curva Peligrosa
  • The Crime at the Noah's Ark
  • Hark: A Christmas Collection
  • In the City of Falling Stars
  • Maybe for You (Whiskey and Weddings, #3)
  • No Such Thing
  • Set the Night on Fire (Cottonbloom, #6)
  • The Shimmering Blond Sister (Berger and Mitry, #7)
  • The Ghostwriters
  • The Chateau by the River
  • The Murder of Adam and Eve
  • Hag
  • A Fist Around the Heart
Michael Kroft considers himself an accidental novelist. Being a writer of short stories of various genres, his initial story of Mr. Rosen and His 43Lb Anxiety started out as a simple short story, but because of his love for the characters, the work grew into a novel.

With his newfound interest in writing novels, Michael turned his first novel, On Herring Cove Road: Mr. Rosen and His 43Lb Anxiety,

Herring Cove Road (4 books)
  • Before Herring Cove Road: Ruth Goldman and the Nincompoop
  • On Herring Cove Road: Mr. Rosen and His 43Lb Anxiety (Herring Cove Road #1)
  • Off Herring Cove Road: The Problem Being Blue
“You said a formal dinner was where we dress up!" explained the little boy behind the monkey mask.” 2 likes
“Dear, she's not tolerant at all of our being Jewish," said Mrs. Rosen. "She has no problem with it that requires any.” 0 likes