Start by marking “The Viking Queen's Men (The Afótama Legacy #1)” as Want to Read:
The Viking Queen's Men (The Afótama Legacy #1)

The Viking Queen's Men

(Afótama Legacy #1)

Contessa Dahl has spent most of her life in a haze. A rudderless orphan, most decisions involved her fists and feet: should she fight or should she run? At twenty-eight, she’s ready to clean up her act, but Tess might be a bit premature because she’s destined to be a special kind of leader.

Born into a group of desert-dwelling telepathic descendants of Vikings, Tess was me
Paperback, First, 232 pages
Published October 7th 2014 by Holley Trent

To ask other readers questions about The Viking Queen's Men, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Viking Queen's Men

Mandi Schreiner
Apr 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: pnr, m-f-m, diverse
Is there anything better than a book recommendation via Twitter? I love it when people are enthusiastic about a book. Thanks to Lillie, I saw her telling everyone to read this, and I hopped on that train. I didn’t even read the blurb – so imagine my surprise when this turned out to be a male/female/male HEA. And a believable one at that. Let me also say, it starts a bit as a love triangle, but if love triangles turn you off, don’t let that sway you away from this one. The angst level and fightin ...more
Talltree
May 06, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: a-menage
3.5 stars!
Natalie
My twitter peeps were gushing about this one and I hadnt read any Holley books before so snagged this as it was freee and boy did i enjoy it!! It's m/f/m and i really loved it.
Tess has been thrown into this situation where, unknown to her her entire life, she's the queen of the Afotama. Queue a whole heap of wtf no way on her part. Confusion. Disbelief. The works. Watching her navigate these new truths was excellent. She has so much to learn about herself and her new found family.
Add the fact
Janice Liedl
I am probably not the market for this book. I was hopeful - because of the Norse diaspora backstory here. I've spent a lot of time studying stories of the Viking discovery of North America so I was ready to see where the author went with this. But the development is very spotty - there's just some handwaving to say "so, matriarchy" and there we go with a psychic-powered society where a girl called Contessa, who has (conveniently for the story) been stolen away as a child and raised (conveniently ...more
Chachic
Apr 13, 2018 rated it it was ok
Originally posted as a bookstagram: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bhgbb6tlpFO/

The Viking Queen's Men is an M/F/M romance that I grabbed as a freebie the other day. I kept seeing people raving about this on romance Twitter so I started reading it right away since I'm still in the mood for fantasy romance. The main character in the book is a queen of a psychic group of people descended from Vikings. She was stolen from her family as a child and the story starts with her return to the community. She
Diana Rising
Jul 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
This was a really good story. I'm looking forward to reading the next one in the series, that I already bought. The heroine grew up in foster care. She doesn't know who her real family is.
Then, she is brought into a group of people that she is related to, and it turns out they have special mental powers--and so can she. In fact, she is the Queen and they are descended from a special group of matriarchal Vikings who escaped to North America hundreds of years ago. And she finds out she has to pic
Carol (bookish_notes)
This review is also posted on my blog.

I feel like I was slightly misled about this book when I first started it, and so I started out this book with disappointment that just never went away as I kept reading. There is literally nothing to suggest that this book takes place in modern-day society, and yet it does. When I hear the words "viking", my first thought is that this is going to be historical or set in a fantasy world drawn from history.

Instead, I felt let down to realize that the books ta
Lynn Turner
May 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Popped my menage cherry with this one...and loved it!

For reasons still unknown by me, I have been avoiding menage romance. I will probably still be wary of it in the future, but I'm just going to write it off as personal preference and keep it moving. But THIS one? It was AMAZING.

I was sucked in from the very beginning. The author's world building is pretty amazing. It goes back and forth from "visions" in the past to modern-day. Contessa is a Viking queen with psychic (and other) abilities. She
Jackie
Jun 08, 2018 rated it liked it
3 & 1/2 stars.
This book was alright, the flow was very erratic, & it had some moments that didn't make sense, with some obscure world building. I'm not sure if this might be another series built off a main world type of thing & that may have been the problem. I felt it was a stretch to say it was a Viking thing, as without the constant mention that they were Viking descendants, I would never have known. I felt a bit lost as too the plot at times too. The editing was not very good, to
Stacy
I wish I could give this four stars, because I really like the story and where it looks like the series is headed, but there are too many editing errors. I started highlighting all of the errors I came across, which will probably mess up some sort of Kindle stats, for which I apologize. Also, this author (and her editors) really need to learn when to use "whom". (Hint: Not as often as she thinks.)

I like the story, especially how Tess didn't immediately take to her new role; she has believable st
Abby
May 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Hoo boy - this was a trip! I saw it gleefully reviewed on Twitter and so I decided to check it out. This book was one trippy ride with an absolutely amazing, wack-a-doo premise: petty criminal gets picked up by childhood friend from the foster care system and learns she is the next great scion of a tribe of telepathic Vikings who live in the middle of the desert. She falls in with two men who are her "fated mates" and bam! Kinky menage!

I read the second book in the series, too, but won't bother
Michelle
Sep 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Growing up in foster care Tess has never felt like she fit in. She did form a connection with fellow foster kid Harvey but after he split at 18 she's hardly seen him. When he comes back in to her life years later he begins to tell her a story that is so very hard to believe. She is actually a decedent of an ancient Viking tribe that she was stolen from after her parents were killed. It all sounds a little ridiculous until she's back with her people and everything just begins to click. Including ...more
Chris
OMGosh! I'm so glad that I listened to the Twitter recommendation to read this! There was a lot of world-building, but it went along with all the learning that Tessa was doing, so it wasn't as overwhelming as it could have been. I love the multiple viewpoints. I'm not stuck in one person's head trying to figure out what is happening and why. Ms. Trent did a really great job of navigating Tessa and us through this new world. There is a slight cliff-hanger at the end, but it's acceptable, especial ...more
Mackenzie
Sep 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Angie Hoxie
Nov 30, 2018 rated it it was ok
This MMF was a little better than your typical book in the menage genre but it didn't seem to have a grasp on its story. A major difference between fantasy MMF and contemporary MMF is my immediate acceptance of 'love at first sight' situations. Add in some sort of mystical 'mate' and I'm just like "Yeah that makes sense." But in contemporary I just baulk at the page because the characters haven't even had a conversation, but they're all "you're my forever, and this other person too!" Ahh, yes. D ...more
Moose
Sep 23, 2018 rated it liked it
I liked this but I'm...not entirely sure *why* I liked it? Baffling. An entertaining read with an entertainingly bizarre premise. I'm a sucker for a reluctant poly romance, I guess, and the mystery is a nice additional element.

Warning: opens with the MC, Tess, being drugged & kidnapped by her family and the childhood friend who is one of the love interests. She just...kind of rolls with that, afterward? In retrospect that's really weird.

I don't know, but I liked reading it and already bought
Katrin Davidson
This has been getting a lot of twitter hype by blogs and authors I love and regularly trust in.

This was sharp, interesting psy-cont Viking spin, hot and really intriguing although unfortunately I wasent expecting it just to end with the 92% mark. I kept watching it wondering how as it developed the threads were going to be tied up.
This was my fault as It ends on a cliffhanger/unresolved.

It was also Free ( say what!) so get it as this is something good.Cannot wait to read book two once i get th
Shelly Roke
Dec 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome series

I'm going to preface this review with the comment that I generally avoid ménage stories..not my thing. I've read a couple of books later in the series (out of order) and just had to back up and start at the beginning. I'm glad I did. Queen Tess's background is sad, and her ability to adapt and roll with the Vikings, psychics, and her web make this a quick read for me. Already bought the next 2, and I love that there are 3 interconnected series.
Tash
So I didn't know what to expect when I decided to read this book. I just finished a trilogy and was ready to jump into another exciting series. Based on the cover, I hoped this would be it...

The book was interesting and surprisingly it kept me hooked all the way through. I hadn't expected to finish in one day but I did, haha!! The ending could've been better. I guess if I wanna know more I'll have to continue with the series.
Megan
Apr 19, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Oh man Tess is so weak. Completely spineless. Is it my bad luck that every time I pick up a romance novel that I get stuck with authors that tell you their heroine is so in control/badass/whatever and are just worthless? "Oh yes am I so strong. Men! Tell me what to do!"

Seriously, put these shitbags in their place and move on.
Tabs
Apr 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This fun PNR m/f/m romance features psychic viking descendant and a snarky heroine who is has to adjust to not only being in a whole new world, but also being its queen. Luckily she has a long-last family, two hot as shit suitors, and a sarcastic ghost ancestor to help guide her. This book is lots of fun and I'm excited to follow the series along.
Beanimous
Jul 11, 2018 rated it did not like it
DNF Chapter 5

Can't relate to the heroine, annoyed by almost all the characters. Plot and dialogue seem disjointed. It felt like I missed reading several book prior to this one, hence my confusion, but this is book one of the series!!

I am tapping out
Jessica
Apr 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Giving it 4 stars for now, and it does wrap up part of the romantic arc in this book, but there's still so much left unresolved that I don't think I'll be able to give a real review until I read more in the series.
Diane Werning
Oct 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Viking Queens Men

A great story,who wouldn't want to be a queen with two very hunky guys following her around all the time.There is a lot going on in this book but you won't be able to put it down.
Amber
May 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
fangirl flailing here because Holley is a master of fucking with my emotions in the best possible way, time for the next book!
Liza
Sep 15, 2018 rated it did not like it
Boy I wish this book had been good. Telepathy and a polyamorous romance is a recipe for success! This book did not follow the recipe.
Jessica
Apr 18, 2018 rated it liked it
For a free Kindle book, this was surprisingly good! Like, an actual plot and background and character development!
Terri Jones
Apr 17, 2018 rated it did not like it
DNF, bailing at 19% due to uneven quality, unclear motives all around, and then a seriously annoying sex scene.
E.L. Roux
Jul 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! I love this book! The first in her Fantasy Romance that I've ventured into, and I've been binge reading her series ever since! A high recommend!
Margaret
Half my Twitter feed read this book a couple of months ago, but I still didn’t realize it had a contemp setting. The psychic aspects are actually a little like Singh’s Psy.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • One Broke Girl (Edgewood Falls, #1)
  • How to Beguile a Duke  (How To, #1)
  • Araneae Nation: The Complete Collection
  • Hold Me Down (Carolina Girls, #1)
  • A Rational Arrangement (Arranging Paradise, #1)
  • By the Book
  • Hot Licks (Off Beat #3)
  • Pitch Imperfect
  • The Dreamer
  • Hot Pursuit
  • Feels Like Summer
  • A Royal Disposition: A Pride and Prejudice Novel
  • Courting Claudia
  • The Tigrens' Glory (The Soul-Linked Saga, #8)
  • Taunt
  • The Best Laid Plans
  • Heart Of The Goblin King (The Realm Trilogy Book 1)
  • The Redwyck Charm (The Three Disgraces, #2)
Holley Trent is a romance author who spins campy yarns set in North Carolina. She has a wicked sense of humor and regularly puts her story characters into unexpected situations.

When she's not writing, she's reading or eating Twizzlers.

Her contemporary and fantasy romances have been published by Crimson Romance, Calliope Romance/Musa Publishing, and she has work due for release by Lyrical Press.

Afótama Legacy (6 books)
  • The Chieftain's Daughter (The Afótama Legacy #2)
  • Viking Flame (The Afótama Legacy #3)
  • The Viking's Witch (The Afótama Legacy #4)
  • A Legacy Divided (Afótama Legacy #5)
  • Scout (Norseton Wolves #7)
“The Chieftain’s Daughter (The Afótama Legacy #2)” 0 likes