Start by marking “Dirty Secret (The Burke Brothers, #1)” as Want to Read:
Dirty Secret (The Burke Brothers, #1)

Dirty Secret

(The Burke Brothers #1)

Conner Burke never expected Sofie Callahan to come back.

Where she’s been for the last two and half years is a mystery, and so is the reason she left in the first place. Now, though, she’s back in their hometown of Shelton Bay, South Carolina, at the same time Conner’s band Dirty B. is home on a tour break.

Sofie Callahan has spent the months since her father’s death avoidin
Published December 1st 2014 by Pocket Star

To ask other readers questions about Dirty Secret, please sign up.
Samantha here is my review:

A WHOPPING 4.5 STARS

here is my review:

A WHOPPING 4.5 STARS

now, i am a huge romance, cookie cutter, simple read fan, but for once this second-chance novel was mind blowing, in more ways than one. It felt more human,(if that makes sense), because it wasn't the normal girl and boy meet and fall in love. then SOMETHING happens and causes girl/guy to leave. Girl/guy comes back and sees first love. they fight and scream, then WAM, BAM, THANK YOU MA'AM, and then they live happily ever after. Don't you worry, you inner freaks, there was plenty of the dirty-dirty, it was just filled with so much emotion that it shook me to my very core.

i loved this book. HOWEVER, because i just love love love my HEAs, i wanted more from the epilogue. it was satisfying, yes, but it didn't have a much of a kick as the rest of the book. There were also many times where i laughed out loud, put the book down because i couldn't take it, banged my head against any solid surface that i could find, and flipped the pages so fast because i couldn't wait to see what happened.

this was one of the books where my finger was constantly reaching for my reader so i can keep reading.(less)

Catarina
3,5 Secretive Stars.

Sophie and Connor fell in love when they were younger. And then Sophie run away leaving Connor with a broken heart.
Now, a few years later Sophie is back at their hometown and Connor is now a famous rock star that coincidentally is in town, spending some time between tours with his family.
Only two to find out that Sophie had a secret reason to leave and that reason forces them to face each other again. Their feelings are not forgotten, but how can Connor overcome everythin
Abby A.
Dec 03, 2014 rated it did not like it
I always find it difficult to read second chance romances where the heroine has a child and doesn't let the father know unless of course, the father is violent and abusive or didn't want the child in the first place. Stories with this as the main plot point are usually hit or miss with me. Sometimes, the writing is so strong that regardless of how negative I might initially feel toward the heroine, I end up rooting for her to persevere and get her happy ending. That wasn't the case with Dirty Se ...more
Michelle
ARC provided by publishers in exchange of honest review

photo 1374bbc3cf6ba95b37373033712919_zpsgbpwbwfs.gif

Secrets.. Let’s face it, we all have secrets. There are secrets that you want to keep hidden and buried , secrets kept to protect someone, and then there are secrets that could destroy and affect others. What if there is a secret that was made out of love and fear and it took almost two years for the truth to be unraveled and exposed? And when the truth is out there, it could either set you free or break you. In Dirty Secret by Emma Hart,
Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads
Dec 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
4.5 AMAZING STARS

There's nothing like an Emma Hart book. She writes stories that take me to my happy place. It's as if I'm being enveloped in a fluffy cloud or being treated to a decadent piece of dark chocolate cake. The tales she weaves are always solid, the writing’s fluid and seamless, the characters completely lovable and addictive. Dirty Secret was no different. It was thoroughly enjoyable, keeping me engaged and enticed from the first to the last page. A one sitting, devour it read.

Sophie
Aestas Book Blog
Nov 30, 2014 marked it as to-read
Shelves: not-yet-released
This sounds good!! Second chance rock star romance!!

He never expected her to come back. No one knows where she's been for the last 2.5 years or why she left. But now she's back... at the same time that his band is home on a tour break. He has questions and when his broken heart and her guilty one collide, she has to start answering them...

"Their present is rocky, their future unknown. Only one thing is certain: her daughter will change everything."

Each book is about a different couple.
Michelle
Luv Connor he is just sexy luv a rock star

This was just brilliant I really enjoyed it I m actually gutted I didn't read it earlier I couldn't put it down I m dyin for more of these sexy brothers

I luvd the characters Sofie and Connor r just great together well when there not killing each other an not things get in the way they do have to get over a lot of stuff but it's a lil bit harder for Connor I think I m not sayin it's not hard to Sofie at al cause she had to made a really decision an I
Kristina
DNF at Chapter 18 when I read "I’ve had girls since, but none of them were her. "

Yawn.

While she of course got none, he on other hand clearly couldn't keep his dick in his pants for 2 abit years.

Eye roll to the tired old cliche. Very unoriginal.
Maggie
Dec 01, 2014 rated it liked it
It was okay... I thought it was longer than it should have been and there was a lot of repetitive internal dialogue. By 70% I lost a bit of interest. Overall, it was a sweet story and I had high expectations but it just fell flat for me in the end.
BookLover
Dec 01, 2014 rated it it was ok
I typically love second chance love stories. This story was well written and I loved the premise. I think what brought the rating down for me was a combination of few things.

First, I never quite bought Sofie’s reasoning for making the choice she did. It just didn’t quite sit right with me.

Second, even though I got Connor’s reasons for being furious with Sofie, I thought his subsequent treatment of her to be a little over the top.

And finally, the bickering/fighting between Sofie and Connor, whic
Lisa (lifeinlit)
Dec 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audiobook
3.5 stars!

My first Emma Hart book… and it was a success!! :)

I have been following Emma on social media for quite some time. After seeing several of her books’ descriptions floating around, I knew I wanted to give one her of books a try. Since I shy away from any sort of erotica, I was led to this series, which I was told was about a sexy rock star. And how true that was!

“I want him to feel the hate. I want him to wish he’d never met me or that I’d never come back. Because that’s real and that’s
Beverly
It was a sweet story, but I lost a bit of interest soon. I felt like I didn't know any of the characters because the story wasn't that deep. Just superficial. I couldn't connect with the the main characters and their love for each other. Could have been better
 photo tumblr_inline_mo9bm82e3D1qz4rgp_zps888bfd87.gif
Lala_Loopsie [fire breathing B!tch Queen]
I picked up this book not realising i'd read it already. Didn't pay attention to it. Sorry, but nothing more than 3 stars.

It was soooooo predictable. Typical (view spoiler)

Sorry, but nothing more.
M A R I G O L D
Apr 05, 2015 rated it did not like it
DNF

The entire plot occurred in the first chapter and then it gets rehashed continuously for many many many pages. I skimmed in the hopes of it improving but alas, it remained beyond mind numbingly boring.

Don't do it. You'll never get that time back. Ever. Intelligent people beware.
Christine (KizzieReads)
Such an awesome book, I couldn't put it down! The banter between the characters had me laughing out loud so many times. You really get sucked into the story. It seemed so real. All the emotions were a real roller coaster ride, but it really showed the love they had for each other.

A second chance romance due to Sophie leaving when she finds out she's pregnant and The Dirty B band on the verge of hitting it big. Sophie doesn't want to be the reason that that never happens so she leaves with no wor
m ❀
Sep 09, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
Love interest wants to shove heroine against a wall and hurt her when she doesn't talk to him. Love interest tells heroine to cover up when she's wearing short shorts and when he rubs against her he says that he "can't help himself". Love interest yells at the heroine for folding her underwear and says that it shouldn't be on display. Get a job, you creepy fuck.
Vilma Iris
A sexy, romantic, angsty story that was so fun to read. The boys of Dirty B. will surely continue to keep my attention!

My first foray into reading author Emma Hart was a wholly enjoyable experience. I had so much fun reading this book! It was sexy, funny, romantic and really angsty. The charged push and pull between the two characters was entirely addictive. I devoured the novel quickly, so enthralled by the intense, sizzling but complicated dynamic between these two people who fell in love when
Jessica  (Angie & Jessica's Dreamy Reads)
Sofie Callahan has just returned to her hometown with a secret. Connor Burke has also just returned to that same hometown for a one month break from touring with his band... he and his band of brothers comprise the world famous Dirty B. The former teenage sweethearts, separated by one secret and a whole lot of things left unsaid, make for one tumultuous and rocky reunion now two years later. Emma Hart's Dirty Secret is what happens when a rock star romance meets a second chance romance with one ...more
Three Chicks
Dec 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
4 Stars!

Review by Natasha Gentile

Conner Burke never expected Sofie Callahan to come back.

When Sofie has to go back to her hometown of Shelton Bay to take care of her late father's house, little does she know that she will be running into no other than her ex Conner Burke! Seems Mr. Burke is there on his tour break. Oh by the way..He’s a rock star!!!

And I stare at the muscles wrapped in a blue polo shirt, a Samoan tattoo curving around one of those muscled biceps. Broad shoulders and messy brow
Lustful Literature
Dec 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
** TARA'S REVIEW **

4.5 First Love Stars

Sofie Callahan had to run, she needed to give Conner Burke the opportunity that was knocking at his door and didn't want to be the reason he left it all behind.

Conner Burke has spent the last 2.5 years wondering where Sofie had run off, and the reasons for leaving.

When Sofie returns to Shelton Bay, everything in her life will change, and the secrets she has been hiding could ruin everything.

~~~~~~~~~~

So I have to start by saying, I do not know how I ne
Amy
Nov 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Another amazing book by Emma Hart. I devoured this book in just a matter of hours. I fell in love with the story immediately. I was hooked, there was no chance in me putting this book down.

Dirty Secret follows the story of Sofie and Conner. Sofie disappeared from Conner's life 2 1/2 years ago. Why she left and where she's been has been a mystery until now. After her father's death, Sofie finds herself in a place she never thought she'd be again, her hometown of Shelton Bay. She knows it will on
Samien
Mar 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015, xoxperts
I received a copy of this book as a member of the XOXperts, XOXO After Dark's street team, in exchange for an honest review.

This was my first book by Emma Hart. As I started reading it, I almost didn’t continue because it had a baby as a focus, and I don’t usually care for books that have pregnancies or babies in it. But I decided to give it a chance and keep reading because I had heard good things about her books.
As annoyed as I became with Sofia and her indecision with Conner and whether or no
★¸. • * ° * ༺*Blanka*༺*°°*•.¸. ♥★

The story starts of with Sophie returning back to her small hometown after being MIA for a few years with a baby in tow.. The first thing she does is go to a grocery store knowing how much gossip she is starting.. See Sophie had a baby by Connor, her soul mate, her child hood love who she left over two years ago and just disappeared without a word.. noone knows she has a child but her dead father and her brother..

She runs into her BFF Lei (also Connor's sister) at the grocery store and when she
Kj
This story starts with Sophie returning home after 2 1/2 years. Her long time love Connor Burke has been waiting and looking for her , trying to figure out where Sophie ran to and why . The why is the dirty secret. I enjoyed this one and would give the next book a shot but I will say I had a lot of issues with this book and with Sophie particularly. Connor is in the famous boy band Dirty B with his brothers and it just so happens he comes back home at the same time Sophie arrives. Too convenient ...more
Lana
Dec 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Reread this again because this is the BEST BOOK!
If you look for hot brothers + musicians you should check this out....ASAP!

5++++ STARS YEAH
Elodie
Dec 11, 2014 rated it it was ok
DNF 20%. Everything was going way too fast. So fast that you don't what the charaters are feeling, it's just endless dialogues...
Amber .:★Wild Heart Reviews★:.
Apr 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: series
Really enjoyed this one but not full review to come. I'll be diving into the rest of the series over the winter!
Big Joe  Rossi
Jul 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
I am giving 3.5-4 stars for this book from me.

Sofie Callahan disappeared 2.5 yrs ago now she is back in town closing out her father's affairs after he passed away a few months back. She is nervous, he ex, rock god Conner Burke is on haitis and will be back too likely and she is hiding a huge secret. 2 yr old Mila. She wil need to tell him her secret since Mila has his eyes and smile.

Conner is pissed when he learns the secret, he has a daughter. How do you move past hating the woman you still lo
Quinn's Quippy Quotes
Feb 16, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: library-books
I don't want you to think that because I gave this 3 stars, that I didn't enjoy it. I'm one of those anal readers that can't stand reading a series out of order. But I was recommended Dirty Little Rendezvous a friend and absolutely LOVED it. After finishing it I vowed to read all the Burke Brother books.

Now, I'm not a big fan of "I had a secret baby and didn't tell you about it" type books, but I can't NOT read Connor and Sofie's story. The thing that I like most about Emma's books is that they
Lisa
Aug 24, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2017-reads
I can't believe I actually finish Dirty Secrets, it has good reviews so I think it's just me the more I read the more I wasn't feeling anything for these two it just wasn't for me on to my next adventure 🌺🌺🌺

Happy Reading
Lisa

• Feel like Makin' Love (Rock and Roll Trilogy, #3)
  • The Wedding Secret (Forever Love #3)
  • This One Moment (Pushing Limits, #1)
  • No Apologies
  • Road Tripping
  • Natural Love
  • All Night Long (Black Halo, #1)
  • Lead Me Home (Fight for Me, #3)
  • Wildcard: Volume Two (Wildcard, #2)
  • Yes to Everything
  • High Strung (Power Station, #1)
  • Rock It (Rule Breakers #1)
  • Alluring Turmoil (Bayou Stix, #1)
  • Death of a Rock Star (The Boy in the Band, #0.5)
  • Rebel: Rebel Part I (Bad Blooded Rebel, #1)
  • Love of a Rockstar (Love of a Rockstar, #1)
  • Reforming the Rock Star (Head Over Heels, #2)
  • Everything I Want
Emma Hart is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of over twenty novels and has been translated into several different languages. She first put fingers to keys at the age of eighteen after her husband told her she read too much and should write her own.
Four years later, she's still figuring out what he meant when he said she 'read too much.'

She prides herself on writing smart smut

The Burke Brothers (5 books)
  • Dirty Past (The Burke Brothers, #2)
  • Dirty Lies (The Burke Brothers, #3)
  • Dirty Tricks (The Burke Brothers, #4)
  • Dirty Little Rendezvous (The Burke Brothers, #5)
“Because I know. I know he won’t ever forgive me or trust me, so he won’t ever love me the way he did before. It’s that simple.” 1 likes
“Truth is, I can’t believe her when she says she loves me. If she left once, she can leave again. If she can lie to me once, she can lie again. There’s the bottom line—I love her but I don’t trust her. I don’t trust her not to run and take Mila with her.” 1 likes