Start by marking “Lotion (The Hunger #1.5)” as Want to Read:
Lotion (The Hunger #1.5)

Lotion

(The Hunger #1.5)

Adam has survived the apocalypse. Monstrous, mutated vampires devoured the globe, leaving him to scrape by in the ravaged world left behind. After spending weeks living in a bank vault, Adam ventures back to his former apartment for some extra clothes and supplies.

When he stumbles into an old neighbor, a moronic man who has impossibly survived in the face of certain death
Published September 16th 2014

To ask other readers questions about Lotion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lotion

Mr. Matt
Jan 06, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2015, horror, vampires
A very short story set in Brant's larger The Hunger series. This little story focuses on two characters that Lance, the main character in Devoured, encounters on an expedition into a Pittsburgh overrun with the infected.

Adam has managed to survive for months by using his wits and locking himself in a bank vault each night. One day he stumbles across a man who is ridiculously clueless. He is only vaguely familiar with the infection and has somehow managed to survive for a month while millions of
Greg at 2 Book Lovers Reviews
Lotion is a prime example of Jason Brant’s writing style. This short story runs from such deep, dark passages from Adam, who has managed to survive an apocalypse… to his “bro”, Greg, who proves the old saying “God takes care of drunks, fools, and little children”.

The juxtaposition of the two characters is very well done. Adam has been resourceful, he has a plan and he has been careful. Greg on the other hand, locked himself away in his apartment until Adam came back to the building.

“If all of th
Susan
Mar 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The world has been hit hard by illness, an illness that leaves raving Day Walkers wandering around who eventually devolve into these light intolerant, mutated, super strong, and super aggressive beasts. Adam watched as his beloved city fell apart, and then he smartly found a bank vault he lock himself into. Yet eventually he must wander out for food and sustenance, which is when he meets Greg, a man truly not in touch with the reality of the situation.

Folks, The Hunger is my current favorite ser
Sofia Galvez
Sep 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015, zombies
4 Platypires for Lotion by Jason Brant.

I was provided a free digital copy for an honest review.

Lotion is a short story in the Hunger series. I feel its a good preview of Jason Brant writing style for those who want to sample but not commit yet. I had already read Devoured (book 1) so I already knew the author had talent. I very happy to go back to world Mr.Brant created and quickly got sucked into this story. Without giving away spoilers it was good to read about new characters, Adam & Gr
Heidi
Sep 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I did not read this short story until after I had finished The Hunger Series by Jason Brant. I found out it is the short story that gave birth to the series. It made me chuckle throughout and wonder how idiots would really survive a world disaster.

If I was Cass... well you have to read the books and make your own decision. I highly recommend this short story.
ted taylor
Apr 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Nice tie in to the hunger series.

More uncovering of the mystery that is Greg and how the hell an imbecile can keep surviving through the apocalypse.
Abishag France
Sep 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wow. even at the end of the world, u will surely find an idiot. Poor greg. So unlikeable
Erick Nelson
susan grosskopf
Sep 15, 2018
Kevin Ryan Carda
Jun 09, 2016
"JASON BRANT" is an anagram for Bas Trojann, a former Bigfoot hunter who, after being abducted (and subsequently returned) by aliens, decided to hang up his ghillie suit and enter the world of professional arm wrestling. Despite back-to-back first place finishes in the South Dakota World International Championship League, Bas receded from athletics to invent cheese and give Al Gore the initiative ...more

The Hunger (3 books)
  • Devoured (The Hunger #1)
  • Consumed (The Hunger #2)
  • Ravaged (The Hunger #3)