Start by marking “All I Want for Christmas: A Horror Short Story” as Want to Read:
All I Want for Christmas: A Horror Short Story

All I Want for Christmas: A Horror Short Story

All that teenage Lisa wants for Christmas is her crush Stevie. She chronicles her struggles in school with her bullying classmates and the drama of her home life in her journal.

The early entries read like typical teen angst, but quickly descend into something much more sinister.
Published September 16th 2014

To ask other readers questions about All I Want for Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about All I Want for Christmas

Start your review of All I Want for Christmas: A Horror Short Story
Monica Go
Dec 09, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019
It was even shorter than I thought it would be. I didn't actually know what to expect until almost the end and I have to admit it was kinda funny.
Greg at 2 Book Lovers Reviews
We have all heard of the story of how Stephen King has the heart of a little boy on a shelf in his office…well, Jason Brant has the spirit of a thirteen year old girl…where he keeps it, I have no idea.

All I Want for Christmas is written in diary form. It talks about Lisa’s crush on Stevie. The tone, the “oh my god” importance, and the crushing disappointment of this young girl was so well done, it could have actually been written by a young girl.
The best part of the story…the end. Holy goat
Kylie
Dec 27, 2015 rated it liked it
Technically a 2.5, but I rounded it up as I was genuinely blindsided by the reveal. I suspected something similar, but not where Brant actually went.

This was short and sweet. It's believable as a 13 year old's diary, and the brevity stops much being given away until the end - though there are hints in the deliberate word choices.
Susan
Dec 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Yummy story

I like a quick read. This actually started off like a YA story and then flipped. It made me smile and laugh at the end. Can't say much because it's so short I'd give it away!
Shelly
Apr 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Awesome story!

I totally did not see that coming. The story sucks you in and then flips the switch. I just loved it! Hilarious ending!
Bob Platypire
Dec 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Bob @ Platypire Reviews

Well! I thought I knew where that was going, and it seemed like I was right. Right up until I was wrong! Nice twist! Very quick read, and quite entertaining.

Bob says: 4 Platypires
Pamela Morris
Nov 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A super fun, super short story. Brant was clearly in touch with his inner teenage girl for this one!
Jamie
Oct 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014, jason-brant, horror
All I Want for Christmas is devilishly clever and fiendishly brilliant. Who knew that Jason Brant could channel his inner teenager so well - and one who's a girl at that but he did and I think that speaks volumes for him as a writer. I've always loved his characters and he seems to be able to get into their heads so effortlessly so that when I was reading this it actually felt like I was reading the journals from a teenage girl: one full of angst, melodrama and all the things that come along ...more
Lana Mason
Feb 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Ok, this is the second short story I've read of his, and I have to say... Brant is awesome. It's been so long since I've found a new horror author I actually want to follow, and just from the two stories I've read, I love this guy's style. The story itself is written in diary format as a thirteen year old girl would write it, which means acronyms like OMG and lots of exclamation points. This works well in the story's favor. It's only when you get towards the end where you realize that something ...more
Heidi
Sep 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A very twisted Christmas story that you can read at anytime of the year.

Jason Brant is one of my favorite authors so I was not disappointed in this story. It was written in diary form of a young teenage girl and first love. The twist went in a different direction then even I expected. Kudos to you!
Dee Cherry
Dec 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: horror, short-story
Crazy, entertaining short horror story I read twice to make sure I read correctly the first time. From the diary & mind of a 13 year old...
Paula
Jan 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Quirky Fun!

What an off-beat Christmas story. If you've read anything from Jason Brant, you know what I mean! Check it out.
Andreana
Dec 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: short-stories
So creepy!!
Blkvelvet
Apr 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Loved This Ditty!

I really enjoy your shorts. Even in horror, your stories make me laugh, they TRULY entertain. Looking forward to reading more of your work.
Joseph Malatesta
Michael McGinnity
Melissa
Dec 31, 2015
Tracy Moore
rated it did not like it
Jan 03, 2016
Lazăr Alexandra
Anthony Fornof
Jun 08, 2016

• A Mother's Reckoning: Living in the Aftermath of Tragedy
  • Spirit Bound (Vampire Academy, #5)
  • Eternal Affections: A Bonus Cornerstone Holiday Novella
  • Trait: A Twisted Wolf Tale
  • The Nerd Next Door
  • Sons of Stars
  • Spellbound & Hellhounds (Coven Chronicles, #1)
  • Blood Promise (Vampire Academy, #4)
  • Nana, Vol. 2
  • Last Sacrifice (Vampire Academy, #6)
  • Shadow Kiss (Vampire Academy, #3)
  • The Awakening (The Vampire Diaries, #1)
  • Frostbite (Vampire Academy, #2)
  • Trapt (Twisted Wolf Tale, #3)
  • Nana, Vol. 3
  • Nana, Vol. 1
  • Dylan Dog n. 5: Gli uccisori
  • Dylan Dog n. 3: Le notti della luna piena
"JASON BRANT" is an anagram for Bas Trojann, a former Bigfoot hunter who, after being abducted (and subsequently returned) by aliens, decided to hang up his ghillie suit and enter the world of professional arm wrestling. Despite back-to-back first place finishes in the South Dakota World International Championship League, Bas receded from athletics to invent cheese and give Al Gore the initiative ...more