Start by marking “Dead Ringer: A Horror Short Story” as Want to Read:
Dead Ringer: A Horror Short Story

Dead Ringer: A Horror Short Story

Clark Sandford, an unremarkable paper salesman, has one trait which makes him instantly recognizable to the people of Milwaukee—he's a dead ringer for the city's second baseman.

When he forgets his wallet after closing a sale, Clark fears that he won't be able to rent a hotel room. Fortunately for him, he's mistakenly identified as the famous baseball player. Assuming the
Published September 16th 2014 (first published September 15th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Dead Ringer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dead Ringer

Start your review of Dead Ringer: A Horror Short Story
Pamela Morris
Nov 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Finished another quickie with Jason Brant this afternoon. (Don't tell his wife). But seriously - I'm always a bit envious of those who can pull off a successful short story. Jason has done just that (though I did find a very small plot hole) with Dead Ringer. The ending was great with a nice little twist.
Rhonda Ackerman
Dec 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great twist!

Ok I've come to expect the unexpected from Jason Grant but this one really got me. Quick read and great twist! As always a fun read.
Jamie
Oct 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
It feels like Christmas :D I just found two short stories by Jason Brant, Dead Ringer being the first one and All I Want for Christmas being the other so I bought both of them. With the last few months I've had these were just a treat for myself and they were so worth it - actually they're worth so much more because of the amount of fun I had with them. I had a great time with this book.

Wow, what can I say? Well I think the best thing I can say is that it's super hard (at least in my opinion) to
Lana Mason
Feb 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
I might have given this four stars, but don't be fooled: this is a helluva story. I enjoyed it immensely. The premise was good, it got you interested a few pages in and kept your interest throughout, and it had a really good pay off. There was the right amount of tension where there needed to be, and the confusion the main character felt was conveyed clearly to the reader. Why I knocked off a star is because of some technical errors. The prose could have been tightened up in a few ...more
Heidi
Sep 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
When in a pinch Clark decides to play up to his gift of looking exactly like James Ryan, the former 2nd baseman in Minnesota, while there on a business trip. Well, it didn't work out exactly as he hoped. Jason teaches a valuable lesson of you doing your homework before impersonating someone else.
Blkvelvet
Apr 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Stay True To Yourself

Life is hard enough. When you try being someone else, things can get complicated. Behind the glitz and glamour we don't have a clue as to how celebrities are truly living their lives as Clark so painfully learned.
Brian Switzer
Sep 05, 2015
Hunter Shea
Sep 29, 2014
Gary F Knox
rated it did not like it
Feb 14, 2016
Mike
added it
Sep 18, 2018

• Our Vietnam Wars
  • The Rescue (Ryan Decker #1)
  • The Raid (Ryan Decker #2)
  • Keller's Adjustment
  • Ultimate Assassin (Tanner #28)
  • The Hunt (Max Austin #4)
  • Our Vietnam Wars: As Told by More Veterans Who Served, Volume 2
  • In Times Like These (In Times Like These, #1)
  • The Chronothon (In Times Like These, #2)
  • Terminal Rage
  • Innocent in Las Vegas (Tiffany Black Mysteries, #1)
  • American Operator (Tier One #4)
  • Knight Time (Tanner #29)
  • Exit Fee (Pike Logan #13.5)
  • Our Vietnam Wars, Vol 3: as told by still more veterans who served
  • Blue Moon (Jack Reacher, #24)
  • War Zone (Tanner #27)
  • Dark Pattern (The Naturalist, #4)
"JASON BRANT" is an anagram for Bas Trojann, a former Bigfoot hunter who, after being abducted (and subsequently returned) by aliens, decided to hang up his ghillie suit and enter the world of professional arm wrestling. Despite back-to-back first place finishes in the South Dakota World International Championship League, Bas receded from athletics to invent cheese and give Al Gore the initiative ...more