Start by marking “By Starlight” as Want to Read:
By Starlight

By Starlight

The night my best friend Gracie disappeared, I had a nightmare.
A monster loomed from the shadows around the campfire. I ran. The thing stretched after me...
I woke gasping, afraid it might somehow be true. Gracie could always make me feel better - but she didn't respond to my email. Not that night; not ever.
That's what lead to my summer camp counselor job here near Gr
Published September 1st 2014 by Desert Breeze Publishing, Incorporated

Kadee McDonald
Oct 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
Kitsai Dennis is a quiet teenage girl who never ventures far from home. She envies her online friend, Gracie, because of Gracie's adventurous spirit. When Kit has a nightmare about Gracie being in danger and writes to tell her about it, her friend never responds. So Kit sets out on a summer adventure of her own to discover what's happened to her friend.

Kit and nature join forces to find out the truth. Camp Stillwater and the surrounding mountains, trees and rivers of British Columbia
Casia Courtier
Oct 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs, giveaways
I recieved this First Reads Goodreads Giveaway book for an honest review.

I actually found it hard to find a place for this book. It's not completely a mystery book and it isn't paranormal (though there are spiritual hints). I'd like to say that it's a bit of coming of age with a huge chunk of mystery and a slight pinch of paranormal/spiritual elements. Keep that little genre recipe in mind when you read my review.

Kit is annoying, but I really like her. She isn't the whiny
Sarah-Jayne Briggs
Aug 02, 2015 rated it liked it
(I received a free copy of this book in exchange for a review).

(This review may contain spoilers).

Ideally, I'd give this book 3.5 stars. Although it was an entertaining read, I felt it got kind of bogged down with the details about the camping... and there wasn't a whole lot of mystery in this book.

The book did start out really well. I liked the fact that it went straight into the action and it was really easy to understand why Kit was scared and hiding, despi
Jessi Tay
Jul 26, 2015 rated it liked it
I was very lucky to receive a free copy through a Goodreads program, in exchange for an honest review! This has earned a solid 3.75 for me!

This was my first time reading a book through this program, and I am so glad to have this book as my first experience. For the most part, it was a compelling read--enduring characters, thrilling moments, and a steady voice.

Kit, our main character, is driven to discover the whereabouts of her missing friend Gracie. She takes a job at a summer camp located ne
Janet
Aug 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Kit Dennis heads to Birch Point, British Columbia to investigate the disappearance of her internet friend Gracie. She keeps her plans a secret from her family and takes a summer position as a counselor at a camp located near the spot Gracie was last seen. Kit hopes Mrs. Stillwater, the camp's owner, will help her find answers. Mrs. Stillwater is a seer, and Kit needs her assistance in interpreting her weird premonitions and nightmares.

By Starlight is filled with mystery and suspense. Kit's premonitions
Linda Hamonou
Jul 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Kit is not really ready to be a counselor at a camp where she doesn't have to do her job but more to fill in for everything that is missing including the good will of most of her campers.
She doesn't really care so much so because she came here to uncover what happened to her friend Gracie, the butterfly girl.
In the middle of the forest and mountains filled with magic and legend, Kit has to keep safe a bunch of teenagers not that much younger than herself while facing her worse nightmare while
Nancy L
Sep 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
By starlight (by Nancy Lindley-Gauthier)
‘By Starlight’ is a contemporary mystery for teen and young adult audiences. Kit is driven to find her best friend Grace; missing for more than a month. She finangles a job at a summer camp in a very rural area of British Columbia - along the dramatically beautiful Skeena River - populated more by bears than by people.
Kit's determination takes her into situations outside her comfort zone; she suffers self doubt, worries if she should trust in
James Lynam