Start by marking “Resonant (Reign of Blood, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Resonant (Reign of Blood, #0.5)

Resonant (The Vampires of Vegas 0.5)

4.07  ·  Rating details ·  113 Ratings  ·  30 Reviews
Surviving is worse than death... As the first days of the end of humanity tumble across the city of Las Vegas in the form of an overwhelming viral infection, turning almost everyone into vampire-like creatures, April Tate will find out what it really means to survive. What does it take to make it out alive in a place where everything is but a withered echo of its former se ...more
Published July 7th 2014 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about Resonant, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Resonant

Stacey
Feb 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
April who is human as well as her mom and brother who are trying to survive this is a prequel to Reign of Blood . and this is their lives to survive and to not be turned by the virus that has turned people into something not so human to find out what it is buy , read or get through unlimited kindle for free either way it is a great story i have read all in this series and wish there was more to read .
Nicky
Apr 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Loved it!
Cannot wait to start the series!
Lady
Jan 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audible-editions
•••I listened to the Audible Audio Edition of this book•••

In The Beginning Of The End

This series must be listened to (or read) in order. This is the first book. I can't wait to listen to Reign Of Blood!

Lady
Aug 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In The Beginning Of The End

This series must be read in order. This is the first book. I can't wait to read Reign Of Blood!

April is a survivor. First she survived her father's death. Then she survived her mom starting up with Randy. She even survived Randy trying to replace her dead father... So far. This virus, on the other hand, seems like difficult thing to survive. If the virus gets you it turns you into a feral vampire like creature with no thought other than to feed on anyone near you not a
Jennifer Treviño
Dystopian Zompire Hunting Addict *raises hand*
Resonant is a short bit of added awesome to a highly addictive series about vampires turned zombies, now zompires, & a girl who will stop at nothing as she learns what survival truly means.
Purdy never ceases to amaze me. I love this series, love these characters, love this world!!! If you haven't read her Reign of Blood series yet....you really should!
*This is no mushy romance & you will not find any sparkling amongst the vamps. It is howev
M. Maria
Jan 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
So...this is an amazing prequel. There is no going on with my life- I have to read the next book. The pace of the book is fast, the descriptions are in depth, and the tense relationships are well crafted and validated. Our heroine is strong and willing to fight back against these diseased/infected vampire mutants. If you like strong female heroines, vampires, and action then this book is for you. I highly recommend!
Sheryl
Jun 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
This story gives you an insight into Aprils life right after the collapse of humans from the strain of the virus. No one knows for sure what life will be like now or how much worse it will get.

I received an advanced copy of this book for an honest review. This is from the series Reign of Blood by the author.
Jenny Bynum Black Words-White Pages
Jun 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: All Paranormal Lovers Teens and up
Recommended to Jenny Bynum by: Alexia Purdy
Great short story I absolutely love April and how brave she tries to be for her mom and brother and how a teenager like her has to grow up so fast to take care and protect her family. This is a great little story and I highly recommend it to all age groups from teens on up.
Maka Neese
Oct 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome

A great read definitely hooks me for the series. I can't wait to read the entire reign of blood series. Off to the next one!
Shannie
Dec 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-obsession
Great read!!!
Michelle Nichols
Not bad but nothing really stood out

Remember this is a prequel little diddy, so I understand that there isn’t a ton of detail in the story. Sometimes I think prequels are more enjoyable when you have already read a good chunk of the main series to go back and see where it started. That being said, I wanted to read the series completely in order. It wasn’t bad, there was a good fight scene that was intriguing, but nothing really stood out that drew me in immediately. It was more of a set up for t
Dmcl
May 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great introduction to what is sure to be an exciting series. Humanity has been infected with a virus that changes people into feral vampires. April and her family struggle to flee in a fight for survival that will be epic. Ms. Purdy is a wonderful writer and her stories hold together very firmly, and her characters have a dimension that renders them so realistically that you forget they're facing monsters. Enjoy this anxious to begin first book of the series. I received a free copy of this from ...more
Tiffany Renee Whitfield
Good Introduction to a Series.

Alexis Purdy's Resonant takes place in Las Vegas, Nevada. The main character April is one kick ass 17 year old who loves her Mom & little brother and takes on the role as a protector and fighter. The whole world has gone to shell and they're facing feral vampire creatures that somewhat act like zombies.
Overall I loved this short prequel to the Reign of Blood series and I'm looking forward to reading the entire series.
Terre
Feb 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Unusual story. Great character building. Looking forward to next installment!
Cheryl
Jan 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Thank you to the author for providing this copy of the Reign Of Blood prequel. This was a free download as a gift for joining the author's reader list, and in no way affects the review.

I had already downloaded the first novel in the Reign of Blood series when I was sent this prequel. I'm so glad I read it first it as it blew away any concerns I had as to whether I would like the series.
I don't normally read YA or urban fantasy novels but this one had me hooked from the very first page and befor
Lilaclady12345
enjoyed it
Stephanie
Sep 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: horror-thriller
A strange virus is spreading through the air in Las Vegas, and everyone is susceptible. April Tate has watched friends and neighbors turn into vampire-like creatures before her eyes, and then she figures out how to kill them in an attempt to get her family to safety.

This is a prequel to Reign of Blood and it has set up April to be pretty ferocious. I like how April just does not assume that these creatures that are acting like vampires will actually fall prey to vampire folklore; so she tries ou
Lyn Mckenzie
Apr 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
this is the first book in this series I have read and I was surprised with the novella
people write about zombie apocalypse but this was so fresh and new.... a vampire apocalypse, definitely not something I have read about before. I am looking forward to read on with this series to find out where it goes and I would have thought it will be an interesting read.
you can see the strength developing of the young woman that is the main character, and her personality shone through in this novella along
Karen
I loved this book.The author did a wonderful job at world building and creating well developed and relatable characters.Alexia Purdy developed a unique story with frightening vampires and a strong young female fighting to survive and protect her loved ones. The narrator did an amazing job portraying the story and has a very pleasant voice.I stayed up late so I could finish this audiobook.I have already downloaded the next book in the series on my audible app to listen to on my lunch break.
Robin
May 28, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a great story for the prequel

The book explains how the apocalypse started for April and her family. It wasn't necessary but I enjoyed reading it. It answers a lot of questions but one what caused the apocalypse. But that's ok. It's a short story but full of information like how they found the cabin. What they went through in the beginning.
Elissa
Jun 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Prequel to the "Reign of Blood" series, this novella describes one family's journey to survive a dystopian apocalypse created by a fast-spreading virus which turns humans into zombie-like vampires as civilization rapidly collapses. This is extremely intense but well-written with carefully drawn characters and a very dark plot.
Jamie Brooks
Jan 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was a great short story companion to the Reign of Blood series. In the first Reign of Blood book we are thrown into the post vampire world about a year later. This gives back story on April, her mom and her brother Jeremy. For me, the most exciting part of the post apocalypse genre is when SHTF at the beginning so I truly enjoyed this peek at the start of things.
Teri
Dec 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
I received this book in exchange for an honest review. It is a great beginning to a wonderful series. Here we get the story of how it all began. Can she save her brother and mother and keep them from becoming feral vampires? Alexia weaves a great tale that has you sitting still and not putting the book down until it's done!
Shoulanda August
Jan 22, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting and makes you want to know more!!!

The end of the world or is this a man made disease. A virus that can infect anyone but how? Why? Who knows and what about those that are infection free so far. Will they turn???
Nicole
Dec 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
I liked finding out how April and her family got to where they were. An wandering what else will happen to them in the up coming books.Can't wait to read more. Alexis has done it again.
Valery
Aug 09, 2016 rated it liked it
Mostly just a short prequal to the next story, but it was okay. If you haven't already read the later books you'll like it better.

For my clean readers:
Includes violence and language (f-bomb too).
Sairaika Naidoo
Apr 09, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A great read! Can't wait to read Reign of Blood.
Galina Sulaiman
Jul 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
What a cute short prequel! This is at the beginning of the plague , telling how April got her first kill. It was interesting to see her evolve into a warrior. I'm glad I read this.
Ginelle Blanch
Nov 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Good look into the world as it crumbled around April and her family. Cool to see April before she was the hardened "warrior" that she's had to become. I liked the better look at her family as well.
Melissa
Jan 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
How a small family consisting of a mother, teenage daughter, and small boy survive and find safety during the first few days of the end of the world as we know it....
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Vampire Apocalypse (The Arcadia Falls Chronicles #3)
  • Initiation (Chronicles of the Uprising #0.5)
  • The Only One (End of Days, #3)
  • When Night Falls (Regeneration, #1)
  • Dissension (Chronicles of the Uprising, #1)
  • Titanium (Bionics, #2)
  • Forever Blue (Ruby Blue #4)
  • Meritorium (Meritropolis, #2)
  • Eternity (Crossroads Saga, #4)
  • Guardian (The Fallen Chronicles #1)
  • Finding Our Way
  • Wolf Dream (Wolf, #2)
  • Sunrise at Sunset: Revamped (Sunset Vampire #1)
  • Retaliation (Bonfire Chronicles #3)
  • Ascension (Gryphon #4)
  • Sanguis City (Sanguis City, #1)
  • The White Door (The Visitor's Series, #3)
  • Moon Mark (Mark, #2)
Alexia currently lives in Las Vegas, Nevada–Sin City! She loves to spend every free moment writing or playing with her four rambunctious kids. Writing has always been her dream and she has been writing ever since she can remember. She loves writing paranormal fantasy and poetry and devours books daily. Alexia also enjoys watching movies, dancing, singing loudly in the car and Italian food.

Visit h
More about Alexia Purdy

The Vampires of Vegas (3 books)
  • Reign of Blood (The Vampires of Vegas, #1)
  • Disarming (The Vampires of Vegas, #2)
  • Amplified (The Vampires of Vegas, #3)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• Bright Smoke, Cold Fire (Bright Smoke, Cold Fire, #1)
  • The Gold-Son
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Trail of Dead (Scarlett Bernard, #2)
  • The Regulars
  • Childhood's End
  • The Mirror
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Nyxia (The Nyxia Triad, #1)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The Voyage to Magical North (The Accidental Pirates)
    $5.67 $2.99
  • Raven's Peak (World on Fire, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Swords and Deviltry (Lankhmar, 1)
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Rebel Wing (Rebel Wing #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Garden of Stones (Echoes of Empire, #1)
  • Dracula [Kindle in Motion]
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Autumn Republic (Powder Mage #3)
  • The Thickety: A Path Begins
    $6.24 $1.99
  • Stinger
  • Lost Voices
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Blade Itself (The First Law, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Extracted (Extracted Trilogy #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Dragon Haven (Rain Wild Chronicles, #2)
  • Isle of Blood and Stone
  • Spirit Hunters
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Haven (War of the Princes, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus (Cirque des Immortels, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Howl's Moving Castle (Howl's Moving Castle, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Brilliance (Brilliance Saga, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus: Act Two (Cirque des Immortels, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Better World (Brilliance Saga, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Written in Fire (Brilliance Saga, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus: Final Act (Cirque des Immortels, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Secret of the Sirens (The Companions Quartet, #1)
  • Ocean of Storms
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Sword of Shannara Trilogy (Shannara, #1-3)
    $19.99 $2.99
  • Artful
  • Till We Have Faces: A Myth Retold
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Chains of Command (Frontlines, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Angles of Attack (Frontlines, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Lines of Departure (Frontlines, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga #2)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Into the Dim
  • Dread Nation
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Terms of Enlistment (Frontlines #1)
  • Six Wakes
  • Fury (Blur Trilogy #2)
  • Midnight Robber
  • Taken (Taken, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Lion of Senet (Second Sons Trilogy, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • City
    $7.99 $1.99
  • You Suck (A Love Story, #2)
  • The Chocolate Touch
  • Storm (Elemental, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • A Perfect Blood (The Hollows, #10)
  • Mama Day
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Dreamfall (Dreamfall #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Imitation (Clone Chronicles #1)
  • Infinite
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Boundary Lines (Boundary Magic, #2)
  • The Mermaid's Sister
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Space Between Heartbeats (Betwixt #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Boundary Crossed (Boundary Magic, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Boundary Born (Boundary Magic, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Kissed by Darkness (Sunwalker Saga, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dragon Marked (Supernatural Prison, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Blood Kissed (Lizzie Grace, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • A Glimmer of Hope (The Avalon Chronicles #1)
  • Celia and the Fairies
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Best Served Cold (First Law World, #4)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Valor (The Faithful and the Fallen, #2)
  • Genesis
    $11.99 $1.99
  • To Honor You Call Us (Man of War, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunter's Trail (Scarlett Bernard, #3)
  • Wool: The Graphic Novel
    $7.99 $2.99
  • And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga, #1)
  • Ticker
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Barsk: The Elephants' Graveyard (Barsk, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Dead Spots (Scarlett Bernard #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Concealed (Lakewood, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
“I close my eyes. I can still see everything I want to forget stamped behind my lids, but it sticks to my brain like forgotten lollipops embedded into the couch.” 3 likes