Start by marking “Gifted Little Creatures” as Want to Read:
Gifted Little Creatures

Gifted Little Creatures

(Interim Goddess of Love)

Maya, the goddess of the moon, is in human form as a college student for now -- and she's grounded. This doesn't keep her from doing what she does well, manipulating the world and everything in it, from the home she can't leave. (An illustrated short story set in the Interim Goddess of Love universe.)
Published September 13th 2014

To ask other readers questions about Gifted Little Creatures, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Gifted Little Creatures

Start your review of Gifted Little Creatures
Olivia Chanel's Galaxy of Books
I missed the gang from the Interim Goddess of Love series so much and I'm glad to have seen a bunch of them again. I love Apo, of course, and hope to see more of him. I want more from this universe. I really recommend the Interim Goddess of Love series for people who love mythology and diverse stories.
Phoebe Andamo
This should be read together with Interim Goddess of Love series or else you will feel like an outsider of some clique. I like the illustration of Raine Sarmiento.
Darlyn
Oct 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
When I first downloaded a free copy of this short story, I was expecting a light, frothy read that I wouldn't have to think about too much.

I was so wrong.

Mina V. Esguerra is an expert at crafting complex characters. You immediately understand what type of person Maya is like from the way she thinks about the other people or deities around her.

Yes, Gifted Little Creatures is a short story, but every sentence is bursting with Maya's personality. She's not very likable, but you want to keep reading
Josephine
Sep 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Kristel Villar
Sep 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is a lovely companion to Mina Esguerra's YA trilogy, Interim Goddess of Love. Mina made Philippine mythology characters interesting and easy to relate to by making them inhabit teenage, mortal form. And the illustrations are absolutely beautiful, making my reading experience enjoyable. You might have a hard time catching up if you haven't read the Interim Goddess of Love trilogy, but this will make you crave to read it!
Katie
Jan 18, 2015 rated it it was ok
I do feel bad for not liking this book, I just found it to be so confusing!

I didn't have a clue what was going on. I didn't really enjoy the writing.

However I did really like the illustrations (Although I did think there was going to be more of them) The drawings were actually the only reason I didn't rate it one star.

I don't think I would recommend this book to anyone - unless you really like elemental gods.....but even then, I really didn't think it was good.
emma
this was a cute short story with beautiful illustrations. i am loving this series and the mythology
Ellaine Dimla
i think this pretty much fills in the history and background of The Goddess of Love and her 'family' that wasn't much clearly explained in IGOL (at least in book 1 and 2). i actually found myself hoping for additional few pages.fun read!
Majuchan
Aug 27, 2016 rated it liked it
Review to follow
Julie Rimpula
Nothing much to see here. Just a day in the life of the Moon Goddess.
Aira Irish
Aug 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
I love Maya's thoughts so quirky. I hope this story is a little too long. hehehe
Ana Valenzuela
Feb 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: pinoy, ya
A fun, worthwhile read. Gave me more info about Joaquin :)
Xian
Jan 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
Liked it! Will be adding the Interim Goddess of Love trilogy to my to-read list.

Lilithcarter
Jan 17, 2016 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2016
Pppfffff just not worth it at all. Avoid it if you can
Maxine
Mar 15, 2015
Ima
Apr 02, 2018
Alliah Zyna
rated it did not like it
Jan 07, 2018
Hyacinth Taon
Aug 26, 2019

• Something Wonderful (The Passionate Virgins Series Book 4)
  • The Secret (North Woods University #3)
  • Their Love
  • The Risqué Contracts Series
  • Persephone
  • Until Death Do We Part
  • For You, I Will
  • Always Forever Maybe
  • Monday's Not Coming
  • Every You, Every Me
  • Million Dollar Devil (Million Dollar, #1)
  • From Twinkle, with Love
  • Just Like the Movies (If Only . . ., #7)
  • The Lover's Dictionary
  • Field Notes on Love
  • How They Met, and Other Stories
  • Want to Go Private?
  • Girl Up
Mina V. Esguerra writes contemporary romance and young adult novellas. She has a bachelor's degree in Communication and a master's degree in Development Communication, put to good use in her work as trainer and content management consultant. Mina lives in Metro Manila, Philippines, with her husband and daughter.

She finds inspiration in the lives and experiences of other people, so the answer to

Interim Goddess of Love (4 books)
  • Interim Goddess of Love (Interim Goddess of Love, #1)
  • Queen of the Clueless (Interim Goddess of Love, #2)
  • Icon of the Indecisive