Start by marking “Pixies, A visual history. Volume 1: 1986 - 1993” as Want to Read:
Pixies, A visual history. Volume 1: 1986 - 1993

Pixies, A visual history. Volume 1: 1986 - 1993

Photo book of the history of the band Pixies with some rare pictures. Chronicles the years 1986 to 1993.
Hardcover, First Edition , 215 pages
Published June 2014 by Madtempest Holdings, Inc

To ask other readers questions about Pixies, A visual history. Volume 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pixies, A visual history. Volume 1

Ashley
Sep 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I've loved Pixies for about ten years so when I heard about the Kickstarter Campaign, I jumped at the chance to get it

There's not a whole lot to read, but the book is totally worth it. It has so many interesting photos in it and so much going on. I'm sure I will bring it out and look at it many times over!
Michael
Oct 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Beautifully done. A must-have for any Pixies fan. Can't wait for volume 2!
Javier
Nov 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: especiales
Un gran libro para una gran banda. Surgido de un proyecto de kickstarter, este libro fue pensado por un fan de Pixies para homenajear y recordar a través de imágenes a su banda favorita, y el resultado es increíble. Valió la pena apoyar el proyecto y la espera para tenerlo.
Brian Borrasso
May 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Pixies were my favorite band while in college, the late '80's. Information on bands flowed differently in those days and was sparse and vague, primary obtained through word-of-mouth and trade rags. This book superbly fills-in the details. With seemingly unadulterated access to group members and their archival footage, the author displays the one-and-only Pixies, from their humble beginnings at the Rat Cellar, through their progression to UK stars, to finally Indy iconoclasts. This book beautiful ...more
Jonathan Miller
May 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
As as a Pixie fan since I discovered Doolittle when it was released in the early 1990s and soon explored their whole catalog to become a hardcore fan. Saw them for the first time at UMass in 2004 with my oldest son and since then have attended a bunch of concerts and have grown to love them even more with their new music. This book captures the eclectic nature of their music and the artwork associated with them. I highly recommend it and can't wait for the next volume!
Jeremy Fenton
Wow!!!
What a great visual collection of one of the most inspiring bands in the world. Of course I’m biased been a fan since 1989. A well presented book capturing the early years. Very much looking forward to volume 2.
I can not recommend this book enough, strap yourself in and enjoy this wonderful rollercoaster of a story.
Morisey
Jul 02, 2015
Yacinth010
May 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
An interesting narrative into the history of this grat band. Loved every picture.
Coral
Sep 29, 2016
Samantha
Oct 29, 2015
Sean T. Rayburn
Oct 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Vernon Song
Elizabeth
Sep 02, 2017
Jonas
Dec 03, 2017
Sean T. Rayburn grew up in the farm fields on the east end of Long Island. Growing up, there were not many children around, so he spent quite a bit of time in the wooded hollow behind his home, playing solitary games and telling tall tales to imaginary friends. At night, he would play his radio, finding strange and exhilarating music from radio stations in the far off lands of Connecticut, and Jam ...more