Start by marking “Yo Antes De Ti” as Want to Read:
Yo Antes De Ti

Yo Antes De Ti

(Me Before You #1)

4.26  ·  Rating details ·  873,382 Ratings  ·  76,105 Reviews
Louisa Clark is an ordinary young woman living an exceedingly ordinary life—steady boyfriend, close family—who has never been farther afield than their tiny village. She takes a badly needed job working for ex-Master of the Universe Will Traynor, who is wheelchair-bound after an accident. Will has always lived a huge life—big deals, extreme sports, worldwide travel—and now ...more
Published October 30th 2014 by Suma (first published December 31st 2012)

Emily May
Nov 17, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014, chick-lit
As much as I like a good love story, I wouldn't call myself a romantic. Not by a long shot. In fact, I can be pretty cold-hearted when it comes to romance books, remaining emotionless in the face of tragic heartbreak and loss. The Fault in Our Stars didn't move me. Eleanor & Park was cute, but still an average read for me.

There's just certain things that I don't like. Emotionally manipulative books that feel as if the author set out with an agenda to tug at my heart strings - that would be
Navessa
*WARNING: UNPOPULAR OPINION TIME*

People seem to love opening their reviews of this book with gifs of ugly crying. I see your ugly crying and I raise you some rage:

This not a romance novel.

This is a story that revolves around an immature, self-centered, vacuous woman named Louisa. She has no desire to do anything in life or better herself in any way, is perfectly content to work whatever job she can find, allow herself to be stuck in a loveless relationship, and forever remain a selfish child.
CaroB
I'm sitting here with tears running down my face having just finished this book. I know I should probably let my emotions settle before reviewing but I want to get all the feelings down...

Firstly I want to say that the cover does not do this book justice. It gives the impression of a bland and fluffy read when in reality this is a heartbreaking story, with subject matter that may be difficult for a lot of readers.

The characters begin as likeable, yet maddeningly realistic in all their egocentri
Lynge Munch
Being a male reader on a booksite you kind of expect to be outnumbered when it comes to the sexes. But that doesn't keep alarm bells from blaring like a convoy of reversing trucks when practically every reviewer of a book is of the female gender. And when the author in addition is touted as the winner of multiple romance novel awards your primal male instinct is to run like your being chased by some primordial predator.

So it was really against my instinct and better judgement that I began readin
Emily
Oct 19, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Did anyone else notice that the ultimate message of this book is that a disabled life is not worth living, even despite a caring family, endless wealth, the best medical care, and (by the end of the book) a devoted, loving romantic partner? For a while I was enjoying the story, but by the end I was deeply distressed about the moral and ethical implications of the book's ending. The book juxtaposes an adventurous, athletic, and sexually active lifestyle with life in a wheelchair - and decides tha ...more
Zoë
Feb 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My video review & discussion on this incredible book! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbgM4...

This was one of the best books I have ever read. So good that it makes me want to lower the ratings of all of the other books I have read just so that this (and maybe Clockwork Princess) is the only book with a 5-star rating. I can't properly describe right now how exactly this book moved me and made me analyze my own thoughts, as I am still currently crying, but just know that it did. Absolutely w
Raeleen Lemay
Dec 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, adult-fiction
Despite being a bit predictable, I adored this book. I love the characters, and I sort of want to pick it back up and read it again. I could have easily flown through this book in a day (if I'd had time), but I'm glad I took my time with it. I really got to know the characters, and I really liked the ending, and how it contrasted the beginning of the story. SO BEAUTIFUL.
Sasha Alsberg
Feb 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book showed love and it's beautiful nature but also the harsh reality of life.
Totally sobbed at the end...thinking about filming a review because I have a lot to say about this book.
Very well done, heartbreakingly so
Ela
Sep 13, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I had a hard time rating this book one star, because up until the end I really liked it. But the end is the most important part of every book because it's what stays with you and after that I just can't bring myself to rate it anything but "did not like it".

I am honestly shocked after reading all those 5* reviews. Not because people liked the book, but because people somehow manage to get something "inspirational" and romantic out of it... Seriously? I don't want to judge people for their opinio
Lola
description

There goes my heart.

Hold on. I need a few seconds to make sense of what happened.

I can’t believe it. I was warned it would come as a shock, and even the author gently glided our thoughts toward that idea, but I still felt that PANG in my chest when reading the ending.

That’s all I’m going to say about that, for fear of spoiling anything for you.

Louisa is a simple girl. She works. She cares for her family. She does what she has to do. She doesn’t take risks or ever act recklessly. It’s not who sh
Hannah
Jan 27, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Emma Giordano
Update 9/22/2018 - Lowering this once again to 3 stars. 4 stars is too generous based on the harm this book caused to individuals with disabilities.

Update 2/20/17 - Lowering my rating from 4.99 stars to 4 because while I really enjoyed this romance, after hearing how harmful this book is to individuals with disabilities, I don't feel comfortable placing a higher rating on this book. The story was great, I loved Will & Louisa's relationship, but with the problems in medical information and ho
Angela

Going to start this review off by saying that if you don't want to have your heart torn from your chest and crushed into a tiny little pieces then don't pick up this book. I kept seeing people say "Now this is a book", and figured it was a lot of hype. NO, NO it wasn't just a lot of hype. If you follow me on goodreads than you know all this month I've only (well mainly only) been reading books suggested to me from
Christy
Mar 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just finished my re-read and all I have to say is everyone should read this book... EVERYONE SHOULD READ THIS BOOK!!! Still cried like a baby, but I love it!

photo eb06b2ca-63f7-41aa-be11-6426489ac868_zpscbb8a849.jpg

Before you start this book... be prepared to cry. You will cry happy tears and sad tears. You will smile, laugh, be devastated, ugly cry, and if your like me- you will love the journey this book took you on.

This is a story of two people who meet each other by chance, and change each others lives forever.

LOU
 photo Mebeforeyou4_zpsdd208967.jpg

WILL
 photo 9fa40325-d0dc-4c84-9e2f-7a30560640d7_zpsbc292ef3.jpg

Will used to be active. H
Claudia Ramírez
4.5...
Me duelen los ojos de tanto llorar.
Katerina
Pages stained with tears. Used tissues. And my bruised, bleeding heart lying on the floor. I don't know how long I'll survive with a huge hole in my chest.
“I thought, briefly, that I would never feel as intensely connected to the world, to another human being, as I did at that moment.”

I thought that I would never feel as intensely connected to a book as I did while reading Me Before You. I finished it a few hours ago but I'm still crying. It feels like I've shed an ocean of tears, fat, ugly
Nat
Feb 19, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
'Hey, Clark,’ he said. ‘Tell me something good.’

description
This review contains *spoilers*.

I decided to read this book right after watching the trailer and crying, partly because Mr. Bates from Downton Abbey was there (every single time he shows up- tears start streaming down my face) and partly because the story was so moving.
But I honestly did not expect this book to impact me this emotionally.

I thought Me Before You was going to be another book in the pile of books similar to John Green’s The Fault In O
Rosalinda *KRASNORADA*

LIVE BOLDLY. PUSH YOURSELF. DON'T SETTLE.

***RE-READ ON 8TH SEPTEMBER 2013 WITH LA-LIONEE & ANA RITA, THANKS LADIES FOR MAKING ME RE-READ ONE OF MY ALL TIME FAVES***

------------ORIGINAL REVIEW--------------

This book, holly hell this book! I finished this yesterday and thought it was great but I can not express what I felt this morning when I woke up thinking about them.

Me Before You is real, just like life is real. This is not a sappy book with silly characters that fall in love and that’s
Hailey (HaileyinBookland)
I did really enjoy this but not as much as I'd expected to. I think too many people were telling me how much I was going to love it and how emotional it was and that kind of set me up for failure. It was sad, but I wasn't moved to tears and while I really did like it, I didn't love it.

Update: Just watched the movie trailer for the first time and I got chills. Honestly I think this is one of those cases where I'm going to like the movie better than the book. I just had a lot of trouble connectin
xrysa
Mar 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm not going to write a proper review about this book . I dont want to spoil anything for you. Just read it,you wont regret it.

Oh my god this book was so mind blowing but mostly heartbreaking.

Will
Best before : 19 March 2007

Lou

Lou has to work for Will and in the beginning things are very difficult for both of them . Given the circumstances Will is all the time cranky, rude , vile to her because his life is miserable. However, they start getting along because Lou is the only person who contradict
Shelby *trains flying monkeys*
Rereading!
I just finished my re-read of this book. Sometimes a second trip into a book doesn't end well for me. I see things that I did not pick up the first time and I end up not liking the book anymore.
That didn't happen with this book.
Because guess what I'm doing?
I'm sobbing. Not crying. Big ugly snot running tears.
It takes a lot for a book to do this to me.
Chicago commercial photographers

There is no reason to go into what this book is about. Most everyone knows or has heard by now. The movie is soon to come out and the s
Candace
It is rare to find a book that has the ability to make the reader look at life through a different lens, forcing us to re-examine our values, prejudices, morals and ethics. This book, is such a book. 'Me Before You' is a book that will touch your soul and may change your life.

As a Registered Nurse that has dedicated my career to working with individuals with spinal cord injuries/disorders, the subject matter is particularly near and dear to my heart. I didn't know what this book was about when I
Ashwood (애쉬 우드).
This book was pretty awesome, but the ending kinda killed me😶😕
Jessica
Feb 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
Full review (with GIFs :P) on my blog at www.priceiswong.com
Megan Johnson
Apr 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, romance
Oh goodness heartbreak.

I'm one of those people that as soon as I hear a book is being made into a movie, I decide I should read it. But honestly with this one, I have no clue why I waited so long. I have heard over and over about how much others have enjoyed it and yet held off myself. Lesson learned.

Me Before You is the story of a young girl who finds herself the caretaker of a quadriplegic man who is both charming and brash depending on the mood. And yet, there's something about him that she
Kristalia
Final rating: 5/5 stars

“Hey Clark', he said.'Tell me something good'. I stared out of the window at the bright-blue Swiss sky and I told him a story of two people. Two people who shouldn't have met, and who didn't like each other much when they did, but who found they were the only two people in the world who could possibly have understood each other."

● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ●

Life is a wonderful thing, but then again, it can also be horrible and mercil
Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads-no-more
SO. I know that practically the whole world loves this book, and I'm not trying to undermine the majority. Truly, I'm not. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, the biggest (only?) downside to training yourself to read books critically for review, is that you can't turn it off. I may never be able to devour a book, paying zero attention to anything but how it makes me feel, and enjoying it without any kind of expectations ever again.

That probably sounds awful to a lot a people, but I don't
Juliana Zapata
Jan 13, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
Una historia bella y conmovedora, creo que leí este libro en un momento bastante adecuado, aprendí muchas cosas que espero poner en practica pronto y disfrute la lectura de principio a fin.

Me encantó el humor negro y sarcástico de Will y la relación que construye con Lou y aunque se me hizo bastante predecible el final de la historia, esto no hizo que me parecería menos conmovedor y emotivo.
Lindsey Rey
I need a hug. In fact, can someone just hold me for a week? I think I am just gonna curl up in a ball and keep sobbing now.
Ahmad Sharabiani
Me Before You, Jojo Moyes
Me Before You is a romance novel written by Jojo Moyes. The book was first published on 5 January 2012 in the United Kingdom. A sequel titled After You was released 29 September 2015 through Pamela Dorman Books. A second sequel, Still Me, was published in January 2018.
تاریخ نخستین خوانش: روز یازدهم ماه جولای سال 2016 میلادی
عنوان: من پیش از تو؛ نویسنده: جوجو مویس (مویز)؛ مترجم: مریم فتاحی؛ تهران، آموت، 1393؛ در 536 ص؛ شابک: 9786006605425؛ موضوع: داستانهای نویسندگان انگلیس
  • In the Stillness
  • The Woman He Loved Before
  • What Alice Forgot
  • And With Madness Comes the Light (Experiment in Terror, #6.5)
  • Making Faces
  • Time Stands Still (Emi Lost & Found, #2)
  • Necessary Lies (Necessary Lies, #1)
  • Dancing on Broken Glass
  • The Good House
  • What You Wish For
  • A Walk Across the Sun
  • I've Got Your Number
Jojo Moyes is a British novelist.

Moyes studied at Royal Holloway, University of London. She won a bursary financed by The Independent newspaper to study journalism at City University and subsequently worked for The Independent for 10 years. In 2001 she became a full time novelist.

Moyes' novel Foreign Fruit won the Romantic Novelists' Association (RNA) Romantic Novel of the Year in 2004.

She is mar

Me Before You (3 books)
  • After You (Me Before You, #2)
  • Still Me (Me Before You, #3)
“You only get one life. It's actually your duty to live it as fully as possible.” 3370 likes
“Push yourself. Don't Settle. Just live well. Just LIVE.” 2308 likes