Start by marking “The Light of Christmas” as Want to Read:
The Light of Christmas

The Light of Christmas

4.41  ·  Rating details ·  584 Ratings  ·  49 Reviews
High in the mountains lies the town of Noel, surrounded by beautiful white walls and a great silver gate. Every year Alexander and his mother walk the long distance to Noel to watch the lighting of the village Christmas tree. This year Alexander learns that the Keeper of the Flame will choose the person who has given the truest gift of Christmas to light the flame. On his ...more
Published October 1st 2002 by Aladdin

To ask other readers questions about The Light of Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Light of Christmas

Davyne DeSye
Nov 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What an absolutely beautiful book! This is another of my favorite Christmas reads, one of the books I used to read my children when they were young. (Now that I think of it, since some of my adult children are coming "home" for Christmas, I might well be reading it again soon, at special request.)

The books has gorgeous illustrations -- I can practically reach into the book and feel the fantastic ornament the town jeweler makes for the Christmas tree.

More importantly, the book has a wonderful mes
Katherine
Dec 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This children's book has beautiful illustrations and an even more beautiful, and timely, message.

"In your hurry to keep Christmas, you have forgotten Christmas. The truest gift of Christmas is the gift of self. The flame of Christmas must first burn from within."
~The Light of Christmas by Richard Paul Evans
Linda
Nov 30, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Ok..so it took me all of 10 minutes to read..but I LOVED IT and cannot wait
to get a copy for my grandchildren..wonderful simple message ♥
Mary Alexandre
Nov 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Alexander looks forward to attending the lighting of the village Christmas Tree each year in the town of Noel where beautiful gifts are offered to the Keeper of the Flame. This year Alexander's mother is unable to make the long journey so Alexander must go alone. What happens to Alexander on his journey? What difficult decision must he make? This beautifully written and illustrated story teaches us that the truest gift comes from within and has little to do with riches and fame. I recommend this ...more
Todd Strader
Sep 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
"In your hurry to keep Christmas, you have forgotten Christmas." This is one of those entertain angles unaware stories that I love so much. Set high in the mountains in a mysterious Christmas Town known as Noel, this is the story of a young boy, Alexander, who shares what little he has with a stranger in need. He confronts a decision to have his desire or sacrifice it to do the right thing. It is a timeless never worn theme that is wonderfully Christmas wrapped in this telling.

I liked the illumi
Carol
Sep 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great Christmas book - reminds us of what the true meaning of Christmas is.
Katrina Lybbert
Our family loves this book. We read it every year on Christmas Eve. The message of the story is wonderful. As soon as we finish reading the book we light our advent candles and then read the Christmas Story in the Scriptures. It is a treasure to us.
Sally
Dec 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christmas
Two favorite quotes: "In your hurry to keep Christmas, you have forgotten Christmas". "The truest gift of Christmas is the gift of self. The flame of Christmas must first burn from within".
Ashley
Dec 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A reminder that the best gifts we can give are things that can not be purchased in stores. A very good story about the true spirit of Christmas!
Josiah
Dec 04, 2013 rated it it was ok

—From Light of Christmas by Richard Paul Evans

Breathtaking illustrations and a gentle, sincere story are ideal companions in this holiday picture book that urges readers to rest their ambition for a spell and see if something more rewarding than money, fame or success may be patiently waiting for them to take hold of it. Even a s
  • I Believe in Santa Claus
  • Why Christmas Trees Aren't Perfect
  • Christmas Day in the Morning
  • Humphreys First Christmas
  • Christmas Tapestry
  • Who's That Knocking on Christmas Eve?
  • A Christmas Dress for Ellen
  • The Carpenter's Gift: A Christmas Tale about the Rockefeller Center Tree
  • Christmas Oranges
  • A Wish to Be a Christmas Tree
  • Red Ranger Came Calling
When Richard Paul Evans wrote the #1 best-seller, The Christmas Box, he never intended on becoming an internationally known author. His quiet story of parental love and the true meaning of Christmas made history when it became simultaneously the #1 hardcover and paperback book in the nation. Since then, more than eight million copies of The Christmas Box have been printed. He has since written ele ...more
More about Richard Paul Evans...
“In your hurry to keep Christmas, you have forgotten Christmas. The truest gift of Christmas is the gift of self.” 10 likes