Start by marking “Wild Irish Roots (Mystic Cove, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Wild Irish Roots (Mystic Cove, #0.5)

Wild Irish Roots

(Mystic Cove 0.5)

Margaret O’Brien’s life is about to change.

Published September 12th 2014 by Park & Stowell

To ask other readers questions about Wild Irish Roots, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wild Irish Roots

Cyndi
Jan 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Although this is the beginning of the series it has the feeling of an established story line. I really like the idea and am looking forward to more of the series.
Our hero and heroine fell in love as teens. Then years later they meet up again and sparks fly. I don’t usually like second chance romances but this one was great! It managed to keep our hero from looking like too much of a jerk.
Anyway, strong characters and a very good story.
Melanie Mole
Jul 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction
I liked this short preview book. Not like the usual things I read which was nice for a change.
I would definitely read more of this series.
Solange Bélanger
Oct 15, 2016 rated it it was ok
I really hoped this was going to be awesome, but it was just okay. I almost stopped reading but I had the feeling it might get better. I'm usually right about these things. Not today.

The characters were interesting but written in such a way as to tell the reader what to think about them rather than demonstrating it through their actions. The setting is pretty awesome but falls flat because of a lack of description. For example, a key scene happens on a sandy beach. That scene would really come
Anca
Jan 04, 2018 rated it did not like it
This short novella was a nice set up for the start of the series.
I liked the setting, because: Ireland and witches, what's not to like?
But the plot and execution of this story left me wanting...

Right before the romantic and kinda but not really steamy scene in this book, the heroine of the story says the following:

Don't stop. I want to be a woman with you.

I know it was supposed to be intimate and romantic, but I just couldn't help laughing...

What left me wanting more the most though, was the e
Nat  ☽
Nov 03, 2017 rated it liked it
Hm, meeeh. I thought some light reading would relieve me of the stressful state I am in currently, but no such luck. It's only a short story and would probably be a lot more interesting if I only knew what would happen after (contrary tow hat might one think about a prequel) it was nicely written and set in Ireland, so that is definitely a plus. Aaaaand the cover is really pretty. Since I read the kindle edition, though, I am not sure what good that does me.
Bambi Unbridled
Wild Irish Roots is the prequel novella to the Mystic Cove series briefly details the relationship between Margaret and Sean, which I is background for the first full book, Wild Irish Heart. I have had this book on my TBR List for quite a while. I was excited for the Irish setting as there aren't a great deal of contemporary romances set in that back drop.

It's so hard to review of a book of this length. I don't want to say too much and spoil the story, but that doesn't leave me a lot to talk abo
Jen
I really enjoyed this story as it was being told, but looking back on it - and questioning whether I want to read the series books or not - I'm feeling a bit let down. I think the reason I enjoyed this novella so much was because of the promise it held. After all, there's something magical about Mystic Cove, Margaret is empathic, and her mother is empathic-plus. So the world seems promising. :-)

Sadly, though, I did not enjoy the main character: Margaret was too immature for me. And Sean! Her lo
Ann
Jan 01, 2016 rated it liked it
Oh, I so wanted to love this book. For some reason, I am drawn to Ireland (and Scotland) and whenever finding books set in Ireland I try to read them. And magic on top of that.

But Wild Irish Roots didn`t do it for me. Margaret is a late teenager/youngster (nineteen), born to a family entwined with magic but she does not understand nor like this kind of life. Margareth has the ability to feel others emotions. She lives with her mother in Grace`s Cove, a small town in Ireland.

(view spoiler)
Janet Robinson
Sep 26, 2014 rated it did not like it
Not enough to this story.

there is no need to get into this book unless you are prepared to buy more books. it stops about the time you get interested. this tends to make me very angry. somehow I must miss the warning that I have to buy
more to to know what happens next. I'm not going to this time......

Nickisha
Oct 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
A nice start

A wilful child goes her own way and set in motion a series of amazing life stories. It's worth the read and pulls at all the requisite heartstrings.
Beth
Feb 22, 2018 rated it liked it
It was just ok I thought. Maybe I will like the rest in the series better. I have been spoiled by a couple of other authors I have read lately.
Gail
Nov 21, 2015 rated it it was ok
Short, but not so sweet! Just ok.
Becky S.
Feb 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I really love this Author's style. I was in this book living everything the characters were going through. This series is going to be fantastic. I can barely wait to start another one.
Melina
Sep 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is the beginning of even better things to come. Really love the characters and the setting.
Heather
Oct 17, 2018 rated it did not like it
Margaret O’Brien’s life is about to change.
Growing up in the small town of Grace’s Cove, Margaret never knew that she was different. She didn’t understand why people were unnerved by her ability to see what others could not. When her mother explains that she is special, gifted, her world shifts forever. Desperately wanting to be normal, Margaret is determined to seal that part of herself away. It seems as though she might succeed – until Sean Burke steps into her life.
Sean is an apprentice on
Nadine
Jan 13, 2019 rated it did not like it

Margaret is different. She is empathic, allowing her to see other people’s feelings. But she doesn’t want to be different. So she ignores that part of herself.

I didn’t like how Margaret treated her mother. I didn’t like how she disregarded her empathic and witchy abilities. I didn’t like how there was already a graphic lustfest at page 10. That was too early in the book. Too fast. At a point where nor the story nor the main characters had been developed enough. Ugh. Let me be clear: I don’t m
Katyana
May 12, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: ebook, fiction, short, romance
I didn't like it. Margaret is a selfish, spoiled asshole, and she doesn't deserve her mother. I don't understand anyone becoming a shrieking monster over seeing a healing gift bring a child back from the brink of death, and that scene compounded with her tedious teenaged angst and self-absorbed bullshit made me dislike her utterly.

And Sean is a total piece of crap, so I don't have pity for him.

Hopefully Margaret's baby treats her as coldly as she treats everyone else, and abandons her without a
Jennifer F
Dec 05, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2016
Book 0.5 in the Mystic Cove series Margaret and Sean and their surprise. I was ok with the plot line twist and turns, but the characters are young which makes knowing their minds already hard to believe at times without being a whole lot of drama with it. It makes me want to read book 5 in the series (Margaret and Sean's) as now the characters are now adults. It didn't have much of Ireland in it by way of words writing or description which is a little sad but hopefully is rectified in the 1st No ...more
Sandee
Jun 22, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: ereader
It was okay. As an introduction to a series, I thought it was a rather unhappy book. Certainly not the kind of book that would make me want to read more in this series. However, I already had the next book and thankfully it is completely different than this introduction. I don't recommend this book. It adds nothing to the series which is much more fun than this book. You will miss nothing by skipping this book.
Donald Bansfield Jr
Nov 29, 2017 rated it liked it
Was looking for light, easy reading and read Wild Irish Heart - which I enjoyed. When I saw this prequel, I thought it might be fun to read the events leading to Book #1 in the series. Unfortunately, it was rather shallow with both Margaret (whiny and selfish) and Sean (wimp) boring characters. Glad I read book #1 first.
Angela
Feb 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
This small novella was the perfect taste to make me want to read this series and see exactly what Fiona and Margret are, since they obviously are not what Margret has been led to believe. Also, is Sean going to go get her? What gifts will the little one have? So many questions. I guess we will have to see.
Barbara "Cookie" Serfaty Williams
Wild Irish Roots: Prequel to the Mystic Cove Series

The being of story of Keelin. Fiona has special power and is known for her healing abilities. Her daughter, has power too but Margret does not wants them. Margaret meet Sean and love blooms. Can Sean and Margaret's love less forever or will he run when he learn of Margaret's powers? Great short story.
Toni
Jul 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
I read Book 1 of this series and loved it. This book is the backstory to that book 1. I enjoyed going back to the beginning of Margaret's story.

This series is a must read for any fan of Ireland and Celtic folklore. Well written with strong women characters, Ms. O'Mally weaves a tale you won't soon forget. I highly recommend all her books.
Linda
Jul 09, 2018 rated it liked it
Not completely impressed this time

I love this writer and the Mystic Cove stories but found this one unsatisfying and strange with a sad ending. I know it’s a prequel to the series but I expected an ending for this couple other than the one I got.
Audrey
Nov 27, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: average
Very short little read. In a way I think this is a kind of 'nothing' story - everything that was revealed in this book could have been woven into the rest of the story which follows it. In my opinion anyway.
No1Twin
Sep 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-ve-read
The beginning.

This is another good book, but I guess it's seems to me this should have been book 1. Not sure why Tricia went back to the past in the middle of the series, but regardless, off to book 6, Wild Irish Witch.
Patty
Oct 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
I read this novella after I read the first book. It is a quick easy read that introduces the story and many of the characters well.
Nancy
Feb 26, 2018 rated it did not like it
An irish fairytale. Pleasant, but not much.
Anita
Good background story for the beginning of this series. Have already read the first two stories but this gave good context.
Meg
Nov 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book, I didn't want it to end. I found another new author, and look forward to reading the rest of the series.
Madison Mega-Mara...: #114.5 - Wild Irish Roots 1 1 Jul 09, 2015 01:02PM
  • My Sunny Vampire (Bitten by Love, #1)
  • Mornings in Two Pan (Two Pan Series Book 1)
  • Murder at the Nineteenth (Lambert and Hook #1)
  • Hot Whispers of an Irishman (Ballymuir, #3)
  • Haunted by the Past
  • Flying by the Seat of My Knickers (The Travel Mishaps of Caity Shaw, #1)
  • Witches (The Cross-Worlds Coven Series, #1)
  • A Wizard for Christmas
  • Love and Mistletoe (Ballybeg, #4)
  • Forgotten (Shattered Sisters, #2)
  • Mending the Line (Golden Rule Outfitters #1)
  • Heavenly Lover (The Guardians, #1)
  • Christmas Healing (Healing The Regime, #1)
  • Reel Trouble (Wild Women of Alaska #1)
  • Trouble Triangle (Tyler's Trouble Trilogy, #1)
  • A Wolf's Song
  • You'll Understand When You're Dead (Broken Heart, #12)
  • Dark Child (the Awakening): Episode 1 (Dark Child, #1.1)
New York Times Bestselling author, Tricia O'Malley, lives in the Caribbean with her much doted-upon dogs, Briggs and Blue. On a typical day you will find her lost in the worlds of her making or gearing up to go scuba diving. Tricia loves fun vacation reads, hates wimpy characters, and hosts a serious addiction to traveling the world. She finds inspiration on the go – and you’ll often find her book ...more

Mystic Cove (8 books)
  • Wild Irish Heart (Mystic Cove, #1)
  • Wild Irish Eyes (Mystic Cove, #2)
  • Wild Irish Soul (Mystic Cove, #3)
  • Wild Irish Rebel (Mystic Cove, #4)
  • Wild Irish Roots: Margaret & Sean (Mystic Cove, #5)
  • Wild Irish Witch (Mystic Cove, #6)
  • Wild Irish Grace (Book 7 in the Mystic Cove Series)
  • The Mystic Cove Series (7 Book Series)
“Never love anybody that treats you like you're ordinary. - Oscar Wilde” 5 likes
“Never love anybody that treats you like you're ordinary. - Oscar Wilde    ” 0 likes