Start by marking “Beauty and the Beast: enemies. romance. fireworks.” as Want to Read:
Beauty and the Beast: enemies. romance. fireworks.

Read Book

Beauty and the Beast: enemies. romance. fireworks.

'With Jane-Austen levels of romantic mis-understandings, mis-readings, over-thinking, leaping-to-conclusions and obstacles-to-overcome, this is a brilliant, insightful and richly comic Brit-Asian romance.' Indra Khanna. Independent Curator 'Randhawa's words are FRESH, FUNKY and FABULOUS. Her hot-headed heroine, Hari-jan had my heart pumping as she zig-zags through the diff ...more
Published September 12th 2014 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform (first published August 12th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Beauty and the Beast, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beauty and the Beast

Start your review of Beauty and the Beast: enemies. romance. fireworks.
Chelley Toy
This review was originally posted on www.talesofyesterday.co.uk

I went into this book quite blind and knowing very little about it and I have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed it! A really great read about friendship, love and life as an Asian teen growing up in England.

Beauty and the Beast is the glimpse into the life of seventeen year old Harjinder (aka Hari-jan). She feels a little left out of her Muslim best friend, Ghazala's, life and also seems to make an enemy out of popular girl Veronica!
Wendy
Dec 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Wendy by: Goodreads Giveaways
"Beauty and the Beast" which I won through Goodreads Giveaways is a delightful and humorous look at the topsy- turvy world of an Asian teen growing up in England. The story revolves around seventeen year old Harjinder (Hari-jan) who makes a bet that she can win the heart of Suresh Richardson the editor of "Popular Demand" who criticizes not only her articles but her decisions in life. Although she thinks of him as an insufferable know-it-all, as unpredictable events unfold her heart thaws and lo ...more
Sal
First up, hooray for independent publishing!

It's been a while since I've picked up a book where the main character is of Asian descent. The main reason I was keen on reading this book was for the diverse themes. Extra props to the author for including feminism.

Beauty and the Beast wasn't anything like I'd expected it to be, it was quite a huge surprise if I had to be honest. Naturally, one would think this was a fairytale retelling - and to an extent is is - with an Asian twist but I was deligh
Samina The Story Devourer
T On the reading the blurb for Beauty and The Beast, I was convinced that this book will be the one for me. Unfortunately, that wasn’t the case. Harjinder or Hari-jan as she likes to call herself is a young school going Indian Brit and this is her story. It is difficult to write a premise for this book as it more of a slice of life in Harjinder’s day to day hijinks. It was more of her commentary and her perspective as an Indian living in a foreign country and the pressures living a life where yo ...more
Lisa Cobb Sabatini
Nov 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I won Beauty and the Beast: Enemies, Romance, Fireworks by Ravinder Randhawa from Goodreads.

The voice of the narrator, protagonist Harjinder, who calls herself Hari-jan, immediately draws in the reader to Randhawa's Beauty and the Beast. Hari-jan is a young woman ready to break from all the constraints of youth. Or is she? The reader is taken along on a bumpy ride as Hari-jan tries to figure out her goals and values, who she is and her place in the world.
Hari-jan is easy to root for, even as she
Beth Gubbins
Nov 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
I won this book from Goodreads. This was a quick breezy read aimed more towards the young adult crowd. Not sure I cared for the anti-American sentiment, but I could appreciate the smart headstrong English-Indian girl torn between modern and old world traditions, torn between her work with journalism and boy she clashes with. I would recommend this more for teenagers.
Meghan
Aug 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
this is fantastic! I would recommend to any teen girl as the new face of classical romance. no smut. just wonderful. the wanting to learn a language to better understand your favorite depressing songs was priceless. this is a must read for mothers and daughters alike. smart, funny, worth the $.
Maia Moore
rated it did not like it
Jan 12, 2019
K.
J
Lauren Pike
FREE to download 1-3rd October 1 3 Sep 29, 2014 04:06AM
Ravinder was born in India, grew up in England, and lives in London. Loves books, great coffee and is a Shakespeare groupie.