Start by marking “Valentine Princess (The Princess Diaries, #7.75)” as Want to Read:
Valentine Princess (The Princess Diaries, #7.75)

Valentine Princess (The Princess Diaries #7.6)

3.67  ·  Rating details ·  9,267 Ratings  ·  207 Reviews
Valentine Princess (A Princess Diaries Book, Vol. 7 3/4)
Published December 12th 2006 by HarperTeen (first published December 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Valentine Princess, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Valentine Princess

Jessica
Sep 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
Opps! I thought this one came after Princess on the Brink... Oh well. Time for book 9!
Nasty Lady MJ
Jan 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
To see full binge for books 4, 41/3, 4 1/2, and 5 click here.

This novella really captures what I liked about the early years of this series the best, the zany humor and immaturity that you see only in Mia’s freshman year. Sure, you begin to see that annoying neurosis that followed the series on from book four to Mia’s intervention in book nine, but it’s muted in this novella.

I love how Valentine’s Day is treated in this book and how the romance is handled in a fairly realistic way. That was the
Sophie
Jun 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
Is it weird that I get super excited when Lars gets a scene?

I was completely unaware of there being books in-between the Princess Diaries series, until one of my Goodreads friends, Penelope, started reading them.
I seriously can't wait for my Royal Wedding copy to arrive, this series is closely connected to my teenage years.
Myndi
Sep 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
First of all, because I can't seem to stop myself from commenting on this book after book, what the heck is wrong with Lilly? Why is she such a jerk to everyone and why do these people still want to be around her? UGH!
That being said, other than the Lilly parts of this novella I really enjoyed it. The Grandmere stuff was too funny and the way Michael and Mia solved the Valentine's Day issue is very sweet and romantic. Nice little addition to the series.
Alyssa Nelson
Apr 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Valentine Princess is hilarious. Mia is freaking out because it's her first Valentine's Day as a couple with Michael, and she wants to do something special, but Michael isn't a fan of the "holiday," since he sees it as a way for companies to exploit money out of people. When reading the series, I opted to skip the companion books and read them later. I'm so glad I did that. It's been a couple of years since I finished the series, and having Mia back in my life is wondrous.

This was a short book,
Julie
Jul 26, 2009 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Princess Diaries fans who've read through book 7
Recommended to Julie by: read the other PD books
I laughed... and laughed... and laughed at this book. It was seriously entertaining reading a book that is basically a flashback, when you know how different things are in the series when the book actually was published. The book is listed as 4 and 1/2 in the book list, which is where it falls chronologically, but I think it's MUCH more entertaining reading it at 7 and 3/4 (which is when it was published) because of all the stuff that is so much funnier because you know what is going to happen. ...more
hpboy13
Sep 24, 2011 rated it really liked it
Absolutely hilarious, and a sheer joy to read!

ETA 10 years later: Valentine Princess is a very quick read, and even feels a tad rushed. In particular, there was a very promising storyline with Grandmere and an astrologist that could have been fodder for a lot more hilarity. I bear an enormous disdain for Valentine’s Day, so I really appreciated that plenty of characters shared my views. It was an excellent touch to show Mia choosing to support her friends on Valentine’s Day instead of romance.
Sara Saif
Apr 29, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: i-like-you-a-lot
I'll admit this was pretty fun to read. The reason is quite obvious; it's short (less than a 100 pages). The previous books wouldn't have been that irritating if they were short too. It didn't feel repetitive or like it was being dragged.
Everyone had their own ideas about Valentine's day, Lily's amused me the most and I agree with her. Grandmere's predicament was hilarious. I wish The-Guy-Who-Hates-Corn-In-His-chili would get a proper introduction in the future.
Lisa
May 26, 2018 rated it it was ok
This was a needless novella. Sixteen-year-old Princess Mia finds an old diary from when she was fourteen - written in the week leading up to her first Valentine's Day with Michael. To celebrate or not celebrate is a dilemma that Mia frets about for 50+ pages. Ho hum.

I do like that Mia professes her love for Little Debbie snack cakes and also has room in her heart for Yodels (not a Little Debbie product.) Also, Tina Hakim Baba continues to be my most favorite of Mia's friends. I would read a seri
Ava
Feb 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Adorable little short story about Valentine's Day!
Sharon L.
Feb 15, 2017 rated it liked it
nice
Sophia
Nov 10, 2016 rated it liked it
This book was different than any other Princess Diaries book due to the fact that it was a diary entry that 14 year old Mia wrote and 16 year old Mia was reading. The first and last chapter was about (16 year old) Mia's thoughts about her first Valentine's Day with Michael. The in-between chapters was the story of that day. It was just like reading the old (and more annoying) Mia. I liked how well Meg Cabot can write as a fourteen year old and as a sixteen year old in the same book. The main sto ...more
Brooke ♥booklife4life♥
Short Review for a Short Book

Okay so i have read the whole series so i know the whole Boris and Lily thing doesn't really work out, but damn girl, she is not nice in this book at all. I mean if a boy was trying to buy me a good Vday gift, i wouldn't act as bitchy as Lily did.

This book does help me remember why i hate Vday, Mia is stressing out so badly about finding a gift for him and thinking about what he could be getting her and wondering if he even likes Vday!? Too much pressure.
Amber Kestner
Dec 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, princesses
This book is a sweet romantic book for Valentine's Day with Mia & Michael. Lily is some what out of hand with Boris on his gift, he did do his best. I did like this book and recommend such a wonderful short book. I am a big Princess Diaries fan and this just became even more fun to read.
Neri.
Dec 30, 2015 rated it it was ok
2.5. The same as with 'Sweet 16 Princess'. It was a fun story but also felt like a chapter ripped off another book in the series.
Krista
Jun 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015, library, series
The library binding says that this is 4.25 so I decided to read it before book 7 just because. I liked this one, it was short, to the point and funny.
4/5
Skye
Oct 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is even shorter fluff than the rest of the Princess Diaries books. And by fluff I mean, mindless, happy, easy reading. It’s cute, it’s funny, and like the rest of the stories so far, this left me with a smile on my face, reminiscing about when I was a teenage girl thinking every drama was the end of the world. Of course, I didn’t ever worry about my boyfriend’s forgetting valentine’s day, and I certainly didn’t have to worry about being a princess. And the media. Bleugh.

As always, Mia is a
VictoriaC_E1
Oct 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Hilarious and very entertaining! I remember reading the Princess Diaries back in 5th or 6th grade. Realising that there were more books to the series (though only companions), I picked this up. This book is a pretty quick read at only 100 pages (give or take a few). 16 year old Mia reads a diary entry from Valentine's Day back when she was 14, and it was interesting to see how she'd matured through the years. A cute read for those wanting to know more about Princess Mia's life.
Erica
Nov 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
I think Cabot was just having fun with retrospective foreshadowing in this book. Before Mia obsessed about the prom and Christmas, she obsessed about Valentine's Day. And of course lots of little tidbits were thrown in about JP, Boris, Lilly, and Tina and how things would go for them later. And now, enough with the novellas; back to the regularly scheduled series.
Elena R.
Nov 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
I thought it was really good! But I didn't realize that it was apart of a series... so I recommend you read the rest before then. I knew who the people were because I watched the movies. (They are amazing) The books are just as good. So read them!!!
Mia
Jun 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It was really short i finished it in probably 4 hours at the most probably less its still good
Elizabeth
May 16, 2018 rated it liked it
This funny, quick read was fun. I really enjoy these short stories about the characters.
Nicole Levesque
Nov 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Book 86/50 (2017)
Lindsay Wilcox
I liked this one much more than The Princess Present. It had way more charm and humor, and having such a simple plot made it way more believable than some other installments.
Bella
Nov 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Schade, dass die Geschichten so kurz sind!
Cathy
Mar 21, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was kind of fun to "look back" in this novella. Nothing too big or exciting occurs.
Jessica
Mar 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Emily Ensign
Nov 17, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: engl-420
Ale96_CalS Paola
Meg Cabot Fan Club: Valentine Princess 1 3 Oct 31, 2013 02:17PM
  • Broadway Lights (Secrets of My Hollywood Life, #5)
  • The Princess & the Pauper
  • My Not So Super Sweet Life (My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century, #3)
  • Pink Princess Rules The School (Perfectly Princess)
  • Petty in Pink (Poseur, #3)
  • Pink!
  • Achingly Alice (Alice, #10)
  • Harry Styles Annual 2013
  • Felix, Net i Nika oraz Teoretycznie Możliwa Katastrofa (Felix, Net i Nika, #2)
  • Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen (Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen, #1)
  • Haunted Schools
  • the Dark (The Portal Trilogy #1.5)
  • Kiss the Bride
  • Born to Be Somebody (from Never Say Never): Big Note Piano, Sheet
  • The Exiles in Love (The Exiles, #3)
  • The Time Travelers: Volume One

More about Meg Cabot

The Princess Diaries (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • The Princess Diaries (The Princess Diaries, #1)
  • Princess in the Spotlight (The Princess Diaries, #2)
  • Princess in Love (The Princess Diaries, #3)
  • Princess in Waiting (The Princess Diaries, #4)
  • Princess in Pink (The Princess Diaries, #5)
  • Princess in Training (The Princess Diaries, #6)
  • Party Princess (The Princess Diaries, #7)
  • Princess on the Brink (The Princess Diaries, #8)
  • Princess Mia (The Princess Diaries, #9)
  • Forever Princess (The Princess Diaries, #10)

Young Adult Deals

• Son of the Dawn (Ghosts of the Shadow Market #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Mechanica (Mechanica, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • A Night Divided
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Three Dark Crowns (Three Dark Crowns, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Replacement Crush
    $5.99 $0.00
  • Gone (Gone, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Conjure (Hoodoo Apprentice)
    $5.99 $0.00
  • Moon Chosen (Tales of a New World #1)
    $8.51 $2.99
  • Deviants (Dust Chronicles #1)
    $4.49 $0.99
  • Before She Ignites (Fallen Isles, #1)
    $6.49 $1.99
  • Slow Dance in Purgatory (Purgatory, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Just Friends
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Leave Myself Behind
    $15.99 $1.99
  • For Love and Honor (An Uncertain Choice, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99