Start by marking “Kate Triumph” as Want to Read:
Kate Triumph

Kate Triumph

Normal is so overrated. At least that's what seventeen-year-old Kate Triumph tells herself everyday. But the truth is she lives in constant fear that someone will discover how not normal she really is. With her startling speed and her unusual ability to heal, Kate believes she's something of a freak.

Then Andrew Shore arrives.

He claims he's her father, sticks around for a
Published October 16th 2014 by CreateSpace

To ask other readers questions about Kate Triumph, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kate Triumph

Emily Liebert
Oct 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Kate Triumph is a sparkling and ambitious debut from YA author Shari Arnold. This book had me rapt from page one and I, quite literally, did not put it down for four straight hours until I was finished reading it. The plot is intriguing and fast-paced, with plenty of unpredictable twists. The characters are brilliantly crafted. And the writing is flawless. I am certain this is the first book in a very long career for Arnold. I'm already eagerly anticipating her next novel! If you love YA or if y ...more
Christina Marie
Mar 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
**This book was sent to me in exchange for my honest review**

This was FANTASTIC! Such an action packed, suspenseful story! I was involved from page one. KATE TRIUMPH is a young adult story that makes me so excited to be an avid fan and supporter of the YA genre. It was well written, fun and engaging with great pace.

I've never heard of Shari Arnold, but I can only hope that she has more books that I can read because she is officially on my list of "authors to read".

KATE TRIUMPH is about a young
Tracy Banghart
Sep 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I love this book so much. It's got tons of action, intrigue, romance and a main character who's both vulnerable and badass. One of my favorites!
Azee
Feb 10, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: 3-stars-liked-it
This book intrigued me from the first moment I read the blurb. The cover doesn't offer much information but it kind of reminds me of the style to comics covers. It's the same style of drawing and there's a little drama going on in the cover too, that is a girl chased by a man in a fedora hat who I assumed is the bad guy. All right, enough about the book cover. Let's move on to the most important part that is the story itself.

What I love about this book is that it started off without preamble. It
Al
Dec 10, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: yalit
Read full review on CBY Book Club: http://cbybookclub.blogspot.co.uk/201...

After reading the blurb, I was very excited to delve into this story. Prior to this book, I had read two books with a similar theme surrounding human genetic engineering (I wasn't a fan of either one of those books) and I found the topic to be interesting, so I jumped at the chance to read this book. And I'm glad I did as the story is very intriguing. I loved the opening chapters. It took off with a bang and pulled me rig
Michelle
Oct 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Loved this one. Couldn't put it down and when I did, I kept thinking about it. Especially loved the interaction between the characters - very real and sincere. Can't wait to find out what happens next! Hope there's a sequel :)
Grace
Oct 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Madison
Oct 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
Kate Triumph - Shari Arnold

Kate is a little different than the average human. She can run much faster and can heal much quicker. Her abilities set her apart from those around her - and she likes it that way. It is easier to keep everyone at a distance than trust them and let them hurt you. Kate and her mother are close, a team of two against the world. But, when their car is rammed on the way home from a race meet Kate survives. Her mother does not. Reeling from the loss, Kate is shocked to lear
Cheri
Oct 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley, kindle
This book started off slow for me but ended on an extremely high note. In fact, I would be giving it 5 stars if it hadn't taken so long to hook me.

One of the things I liked about this book is the author took situations that could have put a very depressing pall over the story and somehow they didn't. Shari Arnold takes the situation with Kate's mother and faces it, but doesn't let it bring the overall tone of her book down. I love that Kate even acknowledges certain things about her feeling reg
Bee

DNF at 19%

I'm just... not connecting with the characters. I don't care about them. Everything goes so fast and it's pretty confusing. Kate's supposed to heal very fast, like Wolverine fast, and when she gets in an accident she ends up in the hospital and is seriously hurt from what I gather... And she's not smart either. Superhuman speed and she races. That's smart... Unless I'm wrong about all of this but then this book is even more confusing. So yeah, it's a no for me.
Jenny Perinovic
Jan 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book SO much. There's everything you could want in a book--drama, action, mystery, and a lovable-yet-badass main character who just wants to fit in.
Jaime
Mar 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I honestly didn't know exactly what to expect when I started this one, but it sounded like a superpowers book to me. And it was, but man. It was so much more than that. And I could not have loved it more.

Kate loves to run. That is how we meet her, in the beginning of the story. She is at her high school track meet, stretching and getting ready for the race. She has a serious reputation among the other high schools, and that has caused some... frustration and jealousy among a lot of them. Even
Deborah Balzotti
Dec 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing

“Kate Triumph” would make a great Christmas gift – well, not for a guy of course. It’s new YA fiction so the women and younger women on your Christmas list would enjoy this novel. They can sip hot cocoa by the fire and enjoy the book you gave them this year.
The debut novel by former Utah resident Shari Arnold is also a good choice for book clubs if you need something fun and light to read. After more than 20 years of reading together, everyone in our book club knows the 7 habits we should have,
Mariella
Oct 22, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2014, read-on-kindle
****Review posted on bookletbeauty blog****
~My Blog~
~Direct link to my review~

****This was an eARC from Netgalley for review****

My Thoughts
This book was pretty good. Definitely not "one of my favorites", but it was cute overall. I have to admit I did love the characters in this book. They weren't annoying, they were perfect. The whole plot and writing of this book was unique. It had it own way of telling us the story.

It was cool that Kate "doesn't have a normal life". She is unique and has speci
Karina
Courtney
Oct 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own-ebook
This debut novel follows the story of Kate Triumph, a typical teenage girl with lonerish tendencies. Well typical to the point that she has weird abilities that no one wants to talk about, let alone share with the world. She’s incredibly fast, and heals quickly with no explanation. But apart from that, totally normal!

Okay so at first glance this does seem like the typical supernatural-fiction themes that we’ve all seen before. Namely - the personal tragedy, the mysterious organisation hunting th
Sandy
Nov 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley, ya, fantasy
4.5 stars I wish I could run, to feel the emotions and energy that Kate feels when she runs, I want that. She feels so alive and refreshed running and she should as she’s special. Running is one of her secret, one of two secrets she keeps hidden and controlled for fear of drawing attention to herself. See, she’s fast, I mean really fast. Her mother has helped her adjust: their constant moving from town to town, her moral support and the public image they’ve had to construct to conceal her secret ...more
Kimber Wheaton
Dec 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya
I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review

Kate Triumph is a YA paranormal with suspense, romance, and mystery. The plot is a bit different from what I'm used to seeing in the paranormal genre, so that's refreshing.

Kate is a tough character to like, but she's also hard to hate. She is different, and as a result she doesn't make friends easily. Due to constant rejection, Kate is distant with everyone... more for self-preservation than a desire to be alone. The story begi
Heather Duff
Mar 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Kate Triumph is different, she is not like her classmates, she is not even like her mother. Every day she tries to hide the fact she can run extremely fast, like amazingly fast plus she can heal too.

She knows she is different and together with her mother she tries to keep her ability hidden from the world but her world is shook to the core when her mother is killed, thinking her father was also dead she is shocked when Andrew Shore turns up willing to make amends with her and invites her to live
Writingpearls
Mar 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Let's start with the cover! Love it! I am a sucker for color especially bright colors accented with silhouettes so I judge this book by its cover. It's just as fantastic outside as it is inside. The story line was absolutely epic to me. I love the super human element! Especially with a female character. I like strong female characters! Her special ability makes for a lot of intrigue and conflict that moves this story right along.
The romance in this book is tasteful and fun! Every character in
Brett Kesler
Oct 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved the book! The writing style is very direct and to the point but it still develops the characters very thoroughly. Kate's inner dialogue is super funny and refreshing and it gives you a unique perspective into her life and her view of the world; everything around her is a potential threat and sometimes she can't quite handle it all. Who hasn't been in that position?

Her relationship with her dad was precious. Every time I saw one of them remove a barrier with the other I hooted internally.
Barbi Schramm
Sep 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
So lets talk about Kate... she is a notable character. Not only does she excel at being a teenager with her wanting to escape her mom and have friends but she acts exactly how one would expect they would with her special abilities with not trusting others.
Kate's family- I fell in love with. Maybe because her mom is a little me and her dad is what every girl wants a dad to be...pretty much a super hero/ James Bond.
And lets talk about keeping us in suspense. Did anyone predict the ending? I didn'
Angie
Dec 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
Excellent! Kate's loss and fears are almost palpable. This book could have a sequel or the story could end right where things are. I'm interested to see which will happen. If readers have any say, I say "MORE!".
Juliette
I couldn't put it down!

I loved every minute of this book. The character development, the ups and downs... the twists and turns are so much fun! This is a brilliant YA novel that is great for teens and the young at heart!
London
Sep 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Amazing!! I couldn't put it down. I loved Kate's personality and I think that a lot of people could compare to how she feels and sees things within the book. I feel like there's another coming on.. And if so... I'm really curious and interested for reading the next one.
Paula Hatch
Dec 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult
This was a fun read; I enjoyed the edgy 17 year old character that has a couple special "powers" and tries to hide it. A thriller and page turner for sure! Highly recommend.
Sarvenaz Tash
Sep 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Fans of Orphan Black (of which I am one) should find plenty to sink their teeth into in this action-packed page turner filled with secrets, lies and just a dash of romance.
Theo
Dec 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is not a stand alone book and I will be looking forward to the next book.
Melissa Layton
Feb 21, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: young-adult, e-arc
*This review originally posted at She Dreams in Fiction as part of a blog tour.

Growing up, I used to dream about what it would be like to have a superpower. What kind of superpower did I want most? What power would be really tough to have? Then there was the question of what it would be like to have more than one? Well, Kate Triumph has two and they cause her a lot of trouble.

Being such a fan of superheroes in general, I was really interested in reading Kate Triumph. I mean, I didn't know if it
Karen
Feb 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, sci-fi, ya
Kate Triumph is a super fast girl with a little secret she has been keeping her whole life. I really loved the characters in this book and that the author didn’t give up too much, too soon. The suspense kept me hooked to the story.

Kate Triumph has a secret. there is a reason why she is the best runner at her high school. With the help of her mother, she hasn’t had to tell anyone. No one can get close to her. This story takes place right as Kate loses her mother and the only one who knows her sec

• Dawn of the Vie (Immortal Aliens, #1)
  • The Camelot Kids: Volume One (The Camelot Kids, #1-4)
  • Reap (Reap, #1)
  • The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
  • Forecast
  • A Missing Peace
  • A Reaper Made
  • The Three Month Plan
  • Godspeed
  • アイストレイル ~氷の軌跡~ 上 [Teiru obu Fearī Teiru - Aisu Toreiru 1] (Tale of Fairy Tail: Ice Trail, #1)
  • The Magic Rabbit
  • What Dreams May Come (In Dreams, Book 1)
  • Egypt Rising
  • Glass Frost (Frost, #2)
  • Girls & Monsters
  • Black Abaddon (Vulcan Legacies #2)
  • Don't Be Cruel: 2-in-1 Edition, Vol. 1: Includes vols. 1  2
  • Cerberus (Solace, #1)
Shari Arnold grew up in California and Utah but now resides in Connecticut, with her husband and two kids, where she finds it difficult to trust a beach without waves. She writes Young Adult fiction because it's her favorite. And occasionally she takes photographs.