Start by marking “Vegan Teenage Zombie Huntress” as Want to Read:
Vegan Teenage Zombie Huntress

Vegan Teenage Zombie Huntress

In this hilarious, action-packed, girl-powered thriller, Clarissa and Cokie go from a failed attempt at prom night feminist activism to being in a fight for their lives.
* * * * *
The story:
Clarissa Hargrove thinks prom sucks. She's been protesting it for weeks, but the conformist sheep that go to Redvale High could care less. Not one single girl has ditched her prom go
Published September 5th 2014 by G.G. Silverman

To ask other readers questions about Vegan Teenage Zombie Huntress, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Vegan Teenage Zombie Huntress

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
I won this book in good reads giveaway for an honest review.

The book is a short, fast read. That being said, it's really good. So Clarissa is a feminist, vegan girl. Her best friend Cokie is the same but not as extreme, she's more on the quiet side and loves video games.

They plan on going to the Prom to boycott. Things certainly don't end up as they think it's going to. They end up locked inside with a classmate that has cracked his lid over being treated like crap from his peers. And that is
Linda
Mar 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: american, ya, fiction
Sometimes I take a break from my usual nonfiction reads, and this way smarter than expected zombie tale was plenty of light-hearted fun and guts. The author covers a lot of ground with a vegan feminist high school misfit and her quiet (Asian!) sidekick who finds her voice and leads the heroine journey. Some serious Columbine and zombie acapolypse stuff happens and the girls find the strength within them to do the unthinkable to survive. Fast-paced horror makes for a fast read that incorporates s ...more
Caitlin Waters
Sep 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
If you're someone who enjoys a good story about zombies, but also enjoys the same laughs you can find in a comedy novel, “Vegan Teenage Zombie Huntress” is perfect for you! In the novel, by GG Silverman, we are thrown into the world of a feminist, Clarissa Hargrove, who along with her best friend Cokie , is trying to convince her school to boycott prom. GG Silverman brilliantly combines the genres of horror and comedy together create a story that will have you falling out of your seat with laugh ...more
Denny
Jun 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a great read. Clarissa is an awesome character who feels real -- she's got strong convictions, but she's also got the usual teenage doubts and contradictions. Cokie turns out to be a real badass. This is a fun YA read that will connect whether you're still in high school, or just remember it way back when. When I'm reading a book and something happens and I go "nooooo!", I know the characters have grabbed me.
jillbertini
Oct 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
I'm a friend of GG's, and I am totally biased. I could hear her voice loud and strong throughout this fun story. It's a quick read, but some of the aspects of the story will stay with me for quite a while - particularly about female friendship. Go read it! Have fun!
Maya
Apr 09, 2015 added it
I won this book through a First Reads Giveaway and was interested in reading it. I enjoyed the characters and the fact that I felt like I was there. Good stuff!
Janyne
Feb 20, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya
Surprisingly good. Both fun and funny.
Regina
Jul 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: home-library
Fun YA tale of Clarissa, vegan and feminist prom-protester, who along with her best friend, Cokie, suddenly finds everyone is turning into zombies on that most special night of the year, prom.
Karen Tully
Feb 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fun teen zombie romp with surprising friendship and feminist themes.
Kimmyh
Jan 04, 2016 rated it liked it
This was another one that I didn't hate, but, can't honestly say I like either, so, it's really a 2 1/2 star rating I'm giving it. I went into it thinking it was
going to be a Horror/Comedy based on the synopsis, but, instead it ended up being an almost too-serious tale of two friends who decide to boycott prom, well, one plans
to the protest the other friend is essentially a doormat who follows along with whatever the other girl wants. It isn't until, (and we don't find out why until much later i
Chris
When I first started the book, I was super excited to read it because it has both girl power and zombies? You don't see that everyday. Basically it's about Clarissa Hargrove, a vegan and feminist who is protesting prom, but she doesn't yet realize just how bad this prom night will turn out. She is joined by her awesome best friend (and my favorite character) Cokie.

The story is very fast paced and chapters are pretty short for the most part and I found myself constantly glued to the page and qui
Rachel Barnard
Nov 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Clarissa Hargrove wants to go to prom. Not to dance and participate in one of the most iconic teenager events, but to protest, because prom is for conformists. Clarissa drags along her best friend Cokie and they set up their bullhorns and picket signs outside the school. Good thing they didn’t go into the gym to dance because as the night progresses, almost everyone turns into zombies and Clarissa and Cokie must round up the survivors and escape the maze of death their school has turned into!

Cla
Christopher Bailey
Dec 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I met the author G.G. Silverman at a book signing event. My wife and I picked up a copy of this book on the title alone. I mean really, how could I walk past a title like that?

I have to say, this book lived up to the title in full measure. It had action, romance, and horror all rolled together with a binding glue of scathingly sharp sarcasm (the same kind my family expresses affection in, actually). I laughed most of the way through this book, and the story held more than one twist that I never
Chelsey Middleton
Nov 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
I was given this book as a first reads giveaway. This book is really amazing. i loved it from the start. It had so many twist that I did not expect to happen especially with Cokie... I cant wait to read Stoners vs. Moaners whenever it is avaible. I know I'll love it just as much as I loved this one. It is for sure a 100 percent by far recommened... I thank the author for sending me this book, and giving me an oppertunity to read it. I very much else enjoyed it. I dont know what else to say witho ...more
Rob Boley
Jan 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
There's a lot to love about this book: its snarky fun tone, the flawed characters with whom the reader can easily relate, the delicious violence, and Silverman's unique take on zombies. But I think what I like the most is that the protagonist, Clarissa Hargrove, experiences a solid character arc, facing not just the zombies that have overtaken her prom but also some serious flaws in herself. A solid read!
Erin Anacker
Oct 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
VTZH was very well written and fun to read. From beginning to end there was suspense, action, and snarky commentary. The content is smart but easy to read and really enjoyable even for the not-so-young adults. I was surprised that at one point I even teared up! The author did an excellent job of engaging readers on an emotional level from page one. It's a great story of friendship, self identity, and sacrifice.
Kelly Rickard
Dec 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
An awesome read, a completely different approach from most.

While it is a zombie book it is also fun, quirky but also gut wrenchingly sad.

With lots of strong female leads and lovable supporting fathers with Cokie and Clarissa finding their inner strength seeing dreams come true and brutally shattered the next moment.

I loved where the virus came from and ties in well with Clarissa.
Bethany
Mar 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A zombie tale that makes you think about feminism, gun control, and health care? Who'd want to read that? Try everyone. The heroine, Clarissa and her best-friend Cokie set out to take on that bastion of patriarchy - the prom - and end up in zombie outbreak of horrific proportions. Funny and fast-paced with occasional moments of zombie-riffic gore, I liked VTZH from start to finish.
Camille
Nov 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Prom night turned zombie attack and Clarissa learns painful truths about herself, her life, and her friends when she least expects it. Equal parts suspense and snark, this is a great YA book for any kid or kid at heart.
Sarah Degen
Mar 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Silverman has created a comforting, "feel good" zombie book. I won this book in a giveaway and it was a fun little novella. Great for the young adult crowed, Vegan Teenage Zombie Huntress will sure to please all teenage feminist zombie lovers!
Jenn Swanson
May 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: horror, zombie
This book was amazing! I finished it in one day. If you are interested in zombies or books about teen angst or something that will cause you to have flashbacks from the 90's like it did for me then I would recommend this book.
Kiri Mccurdy
Jun 25, 2015 rated it liked it
Quick easy read, but it wasn't that entertaining for me. I'm sure it's very entertaining for some but I expected a little more characterisation or really anything more than bubblegum pop plot. The regular use of swearing meant that I am unable to pass it on to my school/ students.
Janna
Jun 30, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
Exactly what I expected and exactly what I wanted from this book. Read it in 3 sittings, easily could've put it down in one.
Ryan Ceresnak
Jul 17, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Such a great little read. Awesome take on the zombie horror/humor genre. A story of friendship, love, and growing up! Highly recommend this super quick read.
Deanna Dee
Aug 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
So much fin! Lots of action! There were a few moments where I said "eww," but this is a great book. I wish it was longer.

Geek rating: 5/5
Devin Griffiths
Oct 10, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Maude Reed Tale
  • A Scholar of Magics (A College of Magics, #2)
  • The Borribles (The Borrible Trilogy #1)
  • Fail
  • Firebirds Soaring: An Anthology of Original Speculative Fiction
  • God and Science: Return of the Ti-Girls
  • The Doomsday Chronicles (The Future Chronicles)
  • Tomo: Friendship through Fiction: An Anthology of Japan Teen Stories
  • Akaoni: Contract with a Vampire
  • One Enchanted Evening
  • Elevated (Elevated Saga, #1)
  • Aurelious Forty: Volume One
  • The Autobiography of a Sexually Emancipated Communist Woman
  • The Vegan Revolution... with Zombies
  • The HappyCow Cookbook: Recipes from Top-Rated Vegan Restaurants around the World
  • The Seventh
  • My Life with Snoopy: How One Shelter Dog's Love Changed a Man's Life and Other Tails of Adventure
  • Zombie Baseball Beatdown
G.G. Silverman lives north of Seattle with her husband and dog, both of whom are ridiculously adorable. When she isn’t writing, she loves to explore the mossy woods and wind-swept coast of the Pacific Northwest, which provide moody inspiration for all her stories. She also enjoys bouts of inappropriate laughter, and hates wind chimes because they remind her of horror movies.

She holds a BFA from th
“If she did bitch-slap me, I'd bitch-slap her right back, but I resented the word bitch and all its familiar forms, as it was degrading to women and dogs everywhere.” 4 likes
“Even as zombies, ridiculous prom gowns were the downfall of teenage girls, crippling them at the knees.” 3 likes