Start by marking “Blindsighted (Grant County, #1)” as Want to Read:
Blindsighted (Grant County, #1)

Blindsighted

(Grant County #1)

4.10  ·  Rating details ·  58,411 ratings  ·  2,642 reviews
A small Georgia town erupts in panic when a young college professor is found brutally mutilated in the local diner. But it's only when town pediatrician and coroner Sara Linton does the autopsy that the full extent of the killer's twisted work becomes clear.

Sara's ex-husband, police chief Jeffrey Tolliver, leads the investigation—a trail of terror that grows increasingly m
Mass Market Paperback, 440 pages
Published May 26th 2015 by Harper (first published 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Blindsighted, please sign up.
Tiff I would suggest Tana French's Murder Squad series. I did the opposite and read her books first and when I was looking for something similar I found…moreI would suggest Tana French's Murder Squad series. I did the opposite and read her books first and when I was looking for something similar I found Karin Slaughter.(less)
Katie
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

·  58,411 ratings  ·  2,642 reviews

Melissa
I don’t find myself in this situation often enough, attempting to put my thoughts on display for a book—and series—that I’ve not only adored for years, but read countless times. Let’s be honest rereads have been an infrequent occurrence in my world. My best guess at the number of trips I’ve made to Grant County over the years though, six? Yeah, I’m going with six, at least.

While I was the furthest thing from blindsided, I remembered about 98.99% of the plot going in, I still relished every sing
Wendy Darling
If you love gritty suspense thrillers, you really must give Karin Slaughter a try. The forensics, the police work, etc are all exceptionally well done, and her characters are fantastic. I'm copying the rest below from my review of Fallen, the eleventh book in the series.

For anyone who is interested in checking out this series, please note that it's important to read them in order since the author wrote two separate series that eventually merge. Here's the order in which they should be read:

Gran
Chelsea Humphrey
Sep 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
There's something to be said for rereading a book you loved immensely. While I obviously knew "who did it" this go around, it was really a special experience that allowed me to soak up the wonderful characters and marinate in all the feels from these fine southern folks that I haven't spent time with in many moons. Clearly the first go around I was more focused on picking up clues and solving the crime, but this time felt different; it was laid back and easygoing. Gone was the urgent, rushed sen ...more
Norma * Traveling Sister
Well after reading BLINDSIGHTED I now consider myself to be a full-blown KARIN SLAUGHTER fan! This is only the second book I have read by her and the first book in her Grant County Series which I thoroughly enjoyed. So this definitely will not be my last and I think that I will probably find myself binge reading the rest of the books in this series.

BLINDSIGHTED by KARIN SLAUGHTER is a gritty, edgy, engrossing, and suspenseful mystery / thriller that had me interested enough to turn those pages a
Matthew
Jul 01, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio, mystery, library, 2017
I am torn on this one and I am erring on the side of giving the author the benefit of the doubt as it was her first book. It definitely felt like a first effort. (Not that I could do better if I was to try). So, 3 stars for Blindsighted.

The plot was riveting and held my interest. At times, it was very extreme (if fictional violence against women bothers you STAY AWAY), but if you can handle the extreme, the details make it all the more suspenseful.

I felt a bit like some of the plot elements and
Julie
Jun 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Blindsighted by Karin Slaughter is a 2015 Harper publication.

This is the first book in the Grant County series, which was originally published way back in 2002. I have read this book before, a long time ago, before Goodreads had even launched.

However, I decided to start the Grant County series over, despite having read a few of them already. It’s a long story, but basically, I got some of the Grant County books mixed up with the Will Trent series, which caused a great deal of confusion, for me
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
This was good!! There are some graphic parts but you can skim it.

Happy Reading! 🎃

Mel 🖤🐺🐾
Lawyer
Feb 20, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Uhmmm...
Recommended to Lawyer by: I confess it was a Nook Find for $1.99
Blindsighted: Karin Slaughter's first Sara Linton novel

And the publishers announce:

First there was Patricia Cornwell!

photo PatriciaCornwell_zps78f8f3a9.jpg

THEN there was Kathy Reichs!

photo bones_reichs_388_zpsd5ca45bd.jpg

NOW GET READY FOR KARIN SLAUGHTER!

photo KarinSlaughter_zps1fcf68e9.jpg
Karin Slaughter

Welcome to Grant County, Georgia. Don't look for it on a Georgia map. It isn't there. And in this fictional County, there's a fictional town. It's a small town called Heartsdale, somewhere around Madison, but before you hit Augusta.

Eddie Linton and Daughters is a plumbing company in town. But it should
Debra
Aug 22, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was not my first book by Slaughter. I read this book after reading Cop town and Pretty Girls and now I am hooked. Slaughter has quickly become one of my favorite mystery writers. She is a gritty and intelligent writer. I love the research she puts into her books. Having a background in Forensics, I really appreciate her books and the research she puts into this.

In Blindsighted, a professor is found murdered in a restaurant. Her Murder hits very close to home to Sara, who is the town's Pedia
Nicola
Nov 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars 🌟

‘Blindsighted’ is the debut novel by Karin Slaughter first published in 2001.

Sara Linton the paediatrician and medical examiner in the little town of Hearsdale,
Georgia makes a shocking discovery in the local diner.

She finds Sybil Adams dead apart from being viciously raped two deep knife wounds have been carved across her stomach.

When a few days later a second victim is found crucified. Sara and chief of police Jeffrey Tolliver find themselves dealing with an experienced sexual pre
Mo
Sep 01, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is Ms Slaughter's debut novel so maybe I should cut her some slack. I don't know what it was about it that just did not grab me. Thought the main characters were quite uninspiring and boring. There was no romance as such in the book. Some of the scenes were quite gruesome. A bit OTT and I thought she was trying to "shock" readers too much.

My main reason for starting this series is that one of the characters, Sara Linton, appears in the Will Trent series, which I was enjoying very much.

Might
Sue
"Blindsighted" by Karin Slaughter, is the first book in the Grant County Series. If you love reading gritty suspense thrillers, you really must give Karin Slaughter a try. Karin Slaughter books are not for the faint of heart. Being a avid reader of mystery/suspense thrillers, this is the most graphic book I have read in this category.
The Forensics, the police work, etc are all exceptionally well done, and her characters are involving.

A small Georgia town erupts in panic when a young college pro
Brenda
Jun 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Simply amazing, that this was Karin Slaughters' debut 16 years ago!!! If it weren't for my friend Christine recommending this to me I may have overlooked it altogether. Thank you, Christine! Now I understand why this author has the following she does (including myself). In case you're wondering, I will be binge reading the rest of the 'Grant County" series then on to 'Will Trent'.
Beverly
Oct 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I decided to read the Grant County series by Karin Slaughter, having read Blindsighted a while ago, I thought I should give it a reread. I remembered it, of course, the graphic violence stayed with me. At the time I only gave it 3 stars, because those horrific images (things I have never heard of in any horror movie or book before, I'll admit I don't read that much of the genre), so that's why I gave it those measly amount of stars, but having devoured this in a few hours, I know I was gobsmacke ...more
I’m always in the mood for some Slaughterhouse!

Karin Slaughter can write some dark thrillers, and I can't help but love every disturbingly graphic word. Her talent is in her characters, the story's flow and pace, and the magical ability to keep her readers grasping for the next word. In terms of mystery, I knew who the perp was at around the 50% mark. Did that stop my enjoyment? Not even a little bit. Slaughter writes books that you can't put down, because the storyline is so involved. It's not
Tim The Enchanter
Posted to The Literary Lawyer.ca

Beautiful Body that is Missing a Soul - 3.5 Stars

This was my first foray into the world of Karin Slaughter. Her world is filled with interesting characters, personal drama and a fair share of deranged individuals. I did enjoy the book. The writing was very good, the characters were interesting and the plot was good. That said, it seemed to be missing something. Something I am having a hard time putting my finger on. For all the positives, the story still lac
Ray Daniel
Feb 24, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I hardly every rank a book with five stars. To get there the book needs to do three things:

1. Turn off my internal editor--As a writer I have an internal editor who screens everything I read and tries to improve it. It takes a great book to get him to shut up and let me enjoy the story. Blindsighted shut him down in two chapters.

2. Invade my life--I read every day on the elliptical trainer. But Blindsighted had me reading through all my airline flights, in the limo, and on my couch. I would wake
Sean Peters
Oct 29, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was voted as our June Book Read by our group " A Good Thriller"

Happy this book was voted as have enjoyed quite a few of Karin Slaughter books, although good to read this book as her debut book and the introduction of her character Sara Linton.

Karin Slaughter--a wonderful name for a crime/mystery writer--sets her novel in a small town in Georgia. Nothing much happens in Heartsdale, and the local pediatrician, Sara Linton, also works as the coroner. Sara meets her younger sister for lunc
✨Susan✨
I have read Karin Slaughters, Will Trent series, and loved it. I was a little apprehensive about starting this series because I thought It may not be as good. Wrong, it was very good and will definitely be carrying on with the next book. Kathleen Early is an excellent narrator.
Brandi
Aug 19, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition

Well, this didn't work for me at all - I haven't even wanted to pick it up for two days. Our main character was more scared than I could believe considering she's the coroner and dead bodies aren't foreign to her. I believed the shock she felt when she first saw the body, because you're not expecting something like that ever, but after that all her nerves were just annoying to me. Or how she was cradling the victim when the cop came, as if she were really close to this person, but she wasn't, s
Jonetta
Jun 17, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sarah Linton is a pediatrician and the coroner for the town of Heartsdale in Grant County, Georgia. If that wasn't a weird enough combination, her ex-husband, Jeffrey Tolliver, is the town's police chief. I knew from the start this was going to be a different kind of story.

The crime
Sarah goes to the local diner for lunch with her sister. She's a little late and the lunch crowd is pretty much gone. When she goes to the restroom, she finds Sibyl Adams, a professor at the local college who is also
Wendy
Jan 02, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely loved re-reading this 1st book in her Grant County series!
Danielle (The Blonde Likes Books)
In my opinion, Karin Slaughter can do no wrong! I've loved everything I've ever read of hers, and this was no exception. Blindsighted is the first in her Grant County series, and features doctor and coroner Sara, and her ex-husband/chief of police Jeffrey. When Sara and Jeffrey are thrown together to work on a case that hits close to home, Sara realizes her own secrets can't stay buried any longer.

I loved this one from the very beginning, and I was immediately hooked! I was able to identify the
JuJu (Julie)
Aug 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
My third book by this author...loving her work!
Sam (Clues and Reviews)
I have been making my way through Karin Slaughter's Grant County series ever since I read Pretty Girls and The Good Daughter earlier this month. Needless to say, I have become pretty much Slaughter obsessed. Chelsea, my good pal over at The Suspense Is Thrilling Me, suggested I go way back and start with the first book in the Grant County series, Blindsighted and, man oh man, am I happy I decided to do that.

The first novel introduces us to the characters in the small Georgia town of Grant Count
Shelby *trains flying monkeys*
Liked this book, I never figured out the bad guy until the very end. Look forward to more of these characters.
Hollis
After this read, I think I need a shelf called "books you need a support group for" because wow. BLINDSIGHTED completely blindsided me.

I've been eagerly anticipating my headlong dive into Slaughter's backlist and knew to expect.. well, things, but I could not (and would not have ever) expected this. I'll admit the wrap up happened a little too quickly for my tastes but oh wow the build, the twists, the horrific events, the pre-existing relationships the reader navigates throughout the story.. i
Sandy *The world could end while I was reading and I would never notice*
I first read this book soon after it came out - and thoroughly enjoyed it. This time around I listened to it on my I-pod and enjoyed it every bit as much as the first read.

Karin Slaughter is an accomplished author who has never disappointed me.

This is the first of her Grant County series, in which we meet paediatrician and coroner Sarah Linton and her ex husband, Police Chief Jeffrey Tolliver.

Sarah reminds me a little of myself - fiercely independent and more than a little prickly. She is an in
Sandra ~ ♥ Cross My Heart ♥
Oct 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Sandra ~ ♥ Cross My Heart ♥ by: Jonetta
Dark, emotional, heart-pounding book...not for the faint of heart but definitely a Page Burner! Loved it.
Tammy Walton Grant

I think this is the second book by Karin Slaughter that I have sat down and read straight through.

For a forensic-type thriller I enjoyed it. Slaughter has thought up some pretty gruesome twists on a serial rapist/murderer plot, and I liked Tolliver, the chief of police, quite a bit. I also liked Sara Linton, the other main character. She is the coroner and also Tolliver's ex-wife. The tension get ratcheted up early on, and Slaughter keeps it up until the end. I only flipped ahead to se

• A Perfect Evil (Maggie O'Dell, #1)
  • Die For Me (Romantic Suspense, #7; Daniel Vartanian, #1)
  • Ice Cold (Rizzoli & Isles, #8)
  • Deadly Dance (A-Tac, #5)
  • The Third Victim (Quincy & Rainie, #2)
  • Shadow Man (Smoky Barrett, #1)
  • Last Witness (C.J. Townsend #2)
  • Evil at Heart (Archie Sheridan & Gretchen Lowell, #3)
  • The Torment of Others (Tony Hill & Carol Jordan, #4)
  • Without Consent (Dr. Anya Crichton, #2)
  • 14 (Taylor Jackson, #2)
  • Little Girls Lost (Carson Ryder, #6)
  • The Rosary Girls (Jessica Balzano & Kevin Byrne, #1)
  • The Coffin Dancer (Lincoln Rhyme, #2)
  • One Grave Too Many (Diane Fallon Forensic Investigation, #1)
  • Speak No Evil (No Evil Trilogy, #1)
Karin Slaughter is one of the world’s most popular and acclaimed storytellers. Published in 120 countries with more than 35 million copies sold across the globe, her nineteen novels include the Grant County and Will Trent books, as well as the Edgar-nominated COP TOWN and the instant NEW YORK TIMES bestselling novels PRETTY GIRLS, THE GOOD DAUGHTER, and PIECES OF HER. Slaughter is the founder of t ...more

Grant County (6 books)
  • Kisscut (Grant County, #2)
  • A Faint Cold Fear (Grant County, #3)
  • Indelible (Grant County, #4)
  • Faithless (Grant County, #5)
  • Beyond Reach (Grant County, #6)
“Jeffrey felt too blindsided” 1 likes
“Напиваться - это для слабых, это выход для людей, которым не хватает сил справиться с собственной жизнью, крепко стоять на ногах. Пьянство - это побег.” 1 likes