Start by marking “Magic Eye 1: A New Way of Looking at the World (Magic Eye, #1)” as Want to Read:
Magic Eye 1: A New Way of Looking at the World (Magic Eye, #1)

Magic Eye 1: A New Way of Looking at the World (Magic Eye)

3.82  ·  Rating details ·  586 Ratings  ·  39 Reviews
New Oversized Hardbound with Colorful Glossy Cover!
Published October 5th 1993 by Andrews McMeel Publishing, LLC' (first published January 1st 1993)

Mar 11, 2008 rated it did not like it
Shelves: non-fiction
Ugh. Thank god this fad was short. I nearly went crosseyed and I ended up with splitting headaches every time I tried to see the pictures. So dumb.
John Yelverton
Sep 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was a fun but frustrating book as you tried to discover the image hidden inside. Your eyes will definitely be smarting by the time you finish though.
Jake Danishevsky
May 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone
Shelves: own
I got as many those as I could find. I enjoy them and when I want to relax, concentrate or just have a few moments of enjoyment for no reason, but sit back and let my eyes wonder into a "parallel" universe, I grab one of those books and flip through a few pages. They are all great. If you are unable to see the wonder within them, keep trying and give it a chance, but I guarantee you, once your eyes are able to get what you are looking for, you will not be able to get enough of them.
Brandi
Jan 24, 2011 rated it did not like it
Hated these books...could never see the pictures.
Kaethe
Sep 12, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: nonfiction
I love these. I know it's kind of cheating to say I "read" it, but still, I'm a sucker for this sort of thing.
Alvina
Sep 18, 2010 rated it did not like it
I'm absolutely horrible with these. FFond memories of pretending it actually worked.
Kevin
Jan 22, 2013 rated it did not like it
Shelves: childrens
Try as I might, I never could see anything in these.
Sylvia
Jul 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
I see it! Throwback '90s fun.
Apparently it can be used for eye therapy too.
It could totally use an update!
Pro Mukherjee
Jun 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable fun way to broaden perspective.
Karina
Mar 27, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: art
I was rather disappointed by this book. The 3D images were for the most part rather simplistic, not nearly as nice as the first 3D picture that I've learned to see (which was an image of a young king, dressed in medieval sort of clothes, with a cape and a sword, and a crown of course which is why I say "a king"). These are kinda cartoonish. Case in point, there's a picture of a 3-D heart. Well, it's not smooth, I can see layers/edges, like several hearts increasing in size were cut from carton a ...more
jacky
Mar 18, 2010 rated it really liked it
I suddenly remembered these books. Now these are something that should be on an episode of VH1's I Love the 90's. I vaguely remembered the colors of the covers and when I saw them listed here, I assumed that these are them, but I could be wrong. I might have read others besides these published by other companies. I know that my father brought one home and then my 9th grade social studies teacher had a couple of them, too. These would make a great addition to my fun classroom stuff (like Waldo bo ...more
Evan
Yes, Mr. Pitt, it's in there. Elaine is not lying.

I have three of these "holusion art" books. They were the hot shit fad around the mid-'90s; immortalized in an episode of Seinfeld when Elaine's boss drives himself nuts trying to see the 3-D tiger and can't.

There are two types of people in the world. Those with vision, and those without....man.

Now, pass the shit AND the book over, man. Woah, dude, I'm trippin'!
Lisa
Mar 06, 2009 rated it it was amazing
My dad bought these books and even a few posters when they first came out (he just loves these types of things). I was always great at finding the hidden picture, probably because I was used to staring off into space, since I was always daydreaming. LOL

Now Ernest has recently discovered the "Magic Eye" books and loves them! We bought books I, II and III from ebay at a great price. Perfect!
Melissa Namba
Sep 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: coplin, dnamba
I remember my dad bringing home this book when it first came out. I was pretty good at seeing the pictures quickly. it's funny, but as I went through the books, I remember struggling with the same pictures. it's like my ocular link to my brain hasn't changed that much in all these years. I wish I could watch my nieces and nephews try this book out!
Christine
May 12, 2013 added it
Shelves: childrens
Not nearly as much fun as the Harry Potter one I just did. The pictures were much more simplistic, sometimes just a shape or a random pattern. It was nice to practice my new found skill as I got quicker and quicker at unfocusing my eyes and popping out the picture.
fin
May 24, 2007 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
Magic eye books are either fun (if you can get it) or frustrating (if you don't). For those who don't know what it is, it's a type of optical illusion images, you have to cross your eye or focus on a far away object while staring at the page and a 3D illusion will appear.
Sally
Oct 03, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: pictures
These books were all the rage in grade six, but I was almost never able to see the images :( I didn't really get the knack until these packets of cheese had magic eye pictures on the backs and finally, it worked!
Lauren
Jul 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens
Did anyone spend hours staring at this book?!?! All of my friends did and it became really frustrating if someone couldn't see that hidden picture.

I always thought it was really cool as a kid, it really seemed like it was magic.
Job Favela
Jan 08, 2012 rated it liked it
Chistoso fue que compré el libro y toda mi familia la tenía pegada tratando de ver los dichosos dibujos. Yo en mi caso habré batallado varios intentos, pero al poco tiempo ya veía las figuras. Era divertido ver la frustración de mis tios, abuelos, padres ante las fotitos. Novedoso entonces.
Ginnie Grant
Dec 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
A very fun brain teaser book for all ages.
Katie
May 10, 2008 rated it it was amazing
A cute and fun book to look through while waiting in a doctors office. But only if you can train your eyes to see. :)
Alyce Dougan
Apr 28, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: art, eye-illusions
I love these books, even though I am terrible at trying to find the pictures. Children also love them and I would recommend them to any age.
Shannon
Mar 03, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lulz
OMG I LOVE THIS. I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN GOOD AT SEEING 'EM AND I THINK THAT SHOULD COUNT AS A TALENT.
Kate
Jan 24, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Magic Eyes are only good if you can see them!!!
These books were always strange...Sonetimes I could see things and most times I couldn't. Even had the VHS of this book and seeing it on a tv screen was no easier...lol
Nicholas
Jan 02, 2008 rated it did not like it
I didn't see shit.
Sophia W
Dec 26, 2015 rated it liked it
These stereograms are simple - good for beginners but a little boring for those with experience with stereograms.
Johann
Mar 16, 2009 rated it it was ok
mesmerizing...
Kacey
May 26, 2007 rated it really liked it
Shelves: random
Remember these?!! They were so cool!
Color Contacts 1 1 Jul 06, 2017 05:50AM
Light Brown Contacts 1 1 Jul 06, 2017 04:42AM
Ice Blue Contacts 1 1 Jul 06, 2017 01:29AM
Amazing 2 5 Feb 27, 2013 06:15PM
  • Where's Waldo? In Hollywood
  • The Calorie King Calorie, Fat & Carbohydrate Counter 2007
  • I Spy School Days: A Book of Picture Riddles
  • Powers of Ten (Revised) (Scientific American Library Paperback)
  • Readers Digest North American Wildlife
  • New Complete Do-It-Yourself Manual
  • Teach Yourself Speed Reading
  • Schaum's Outline of College Physics, 10th edition (Schaum's Outline Series)
  • Miracle Math: How to Develop a Calculator in Your Head
  • Black May: The Epic Story of the Allies' Defeat of the German U-Boats in May 1943
  • Language, Culture, and Communication: The Meaning of Messages
  • Five Little Ladybugs
  • Be Expert with Map and Compass: The Complete Orienteering Handbook
  • Never Be Lied to Again: How to Get the Truth In 5 Minutes Or Less In Any Conversation Or Situation
  • The History Buff's Guide to the Presidents: Top Ten Rankings of the Best, Worst, Largest and Most Controversial Facets of the American Presidency
  • The Pimpernel Plot (Time Wars, #3)
  • 100 Things You're Not Supposed to Know: Secrets, Conspiracies, Cover Ups, and Absurdities
  • Hypnosis for Beginners: Reach New Levels of Awareness & Achievement

Magic Eye (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • Magic Eye 2: Now You See It... (Magic Eye, #2)
  • Magic Eye 3: Visions A New Dimension in Art (Magic Eye, #3)
  • Magic Eye: 3D Hidden Treasures (Magic Eye)
  • Harry Potter Magic Eye Book: 3D Magical Creatures, Beasts and Beings
  • Beyond 3D: Improve Your Vision with Magic Eye
  • Harry Potter Magic Eye Book: 3D Magical Moments (Magic Eye Books)
  • Magic Eye:Amazing 3D Illusions