Start by marking “Unlocked (The Slayers, #1)” as Want to Read:
Unlocked (The Slayers, #1)

Unlocked

(The Slayers #1)

The Special Ops genetic experiments were designed to create super soldiers, not sex-addicted doms.

When Delano Briggs, BDSM club owner and volunteer firefighter, is called to aid in the evacuation of a burning New York hotel, he thinks it's just another job.

But after rescuing the irresistibly sexy Chanze, he learns that behind the velvet curtains of the five-star hotel is o
ebook
Published October 23rd 2014 by Momentum

To ask other readers questions about Unlocked, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unlocked

Start your review of Unlocked (The Slayers, #1)
Gigi
Sep 15, 2014 marked it as dnr-dnf-not-4-me
Ok, so here's the deal with this book. I read just about everything in the M/M romance genre if it includes firefighters. If there is an exception, I can't think of it now, but I'm sure there has been one at some point. The blurb for this book talked of M/M sex, firefighters, BDSM and the military. Those words together in one blurb caused me to go into meltdown mode and I preordered the book right away. I didn't see the forest for the trees.

It turns out that Unlocked is not a M/M romance but ra
Amelyn Randall
Oct 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Your kink may not be my kink...

...but if you've got one, it's probably in this book. This book has EVERYTHING. Yes, shouty capitals EVERYTHING. Let's make a list.

Firefighter Dom
Sexy subs
Extreme edge Doms
Special Ops military hotties
Action and suspense (the suspense about gave me a heart attack!)
Sizzling hot sex
All men (not a woman in sight in this book...not one)
Lifetime bonding
Sci-fi goodness that isn't cheesy or campy
Mad scientist bad guy
BDSM
MORE hot sex...some bareback
GOD...the drama!
M/M pairi
Karinosa
Oct 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
Wow!!! Alpha men! Hot Hot Hot!! I mean check out that cover!!! Hot M/M GLBT read!! The scenes were sexy and so alpha male. Nanos? Sci-Fi part was okay. I mean huge buff sexy alpha males!!! What!!?? Where do I sign up!!! I mean they regenerate and they sound sexy. This read had suspense. It had a back story and the plot was good. I really would like to see where Aydryck and Brett end up and how Dylan fairs with Rhys. Seems like good matches and would like to see them all jealous. I mean what can ...more
Katie
ARC received via NetGalley

This book has a lot of different elements to it: action, mm, romance, erotica, sex slaves, sci-fi, BDSM. I thought the author made them work pretty well together.

I really liked the sci-fi aspect to the story - the technology used to create super-soldiers being used in creating enhanced sex workers. I thought it made the book quite interesting and helped to give it an actual storyline rather than it being just erotica.

Although there is romance to this book, I wouldn't sa
Maneater
Oct 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Wow!!!!!!!!! A fast paced hanging by the seat of your pants action BDSM. Yes, it was erotica but the romance was beautiful. I loved the special forces enhanced guys...drooling over them. At last, an author with the guts to write a BDSM with action adventure rather than the usual *yawn* soapy D/s stories.I will read this many times. Please Master or perhaps Mistress Author write another with these guys...I WANT MORE!!!!!!!
Maree Repa
Sep 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is an amazing book. Such an exciting one too. Full of M/M sex, BDSM, prostitution rings. The men at the Cloister group were slaves. All captured and genetically making them into sex slaves. They were captured sold to other brothels.

The only hope for these men is another group who have the abilities to infiltrate the Cloister group and save them.

Such a sexy book here. Full of sex and full of dirty men's desires. Check it out and enjoy!!
Skye Blue ☆*~゚ლ(´ڡ`ლ)~*☆
Hot, hot.
A lot of coincidences. Some unrealistic, but hey...you're expecting that from the get go...so it works.

This is set up perfectly for a series, I don't know why its not. Idk, maybe the world wouldn't hold up for another story, but I wouldn't mind one more. I'd like to know more about Jay and Zach.

Debra
Nov 01, 2014 rated it liked it
Strong alpha characters with m/m pairings and a little BDSM thrown into the mix. If you enjoy any or all of these storylines, then this is a story you should check out. I received a copy of this ARC through NetGalley in exchange for my honest opinion.
Jenna
3 stars - it was 2-star sex, 4-stars for the potential with the nano-bot business that could have been cool, 3 stars overall.
Cecilia Rodriguez
Oct 26, 2014 rated it really liked it

Heidi R.
Oct 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
Not quite sure how to rate this, but I'm giving it 4 stars for an interesting plot. ...more
Tammy
Oct 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Wow! I loved the plot, it really drew me in. The characters are wonderful and be warned it is M/M there is lots of sex throughout. It is a definite walk on the wild side.
Claudia
Aug 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: bdsm, slavery, abused
This such a great start to a serie!
A love a good written BDSM book, and this one is great!
Amazing book
Lorraine Lesar
Sep 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Full review to follow.
Threebooksovertherainbow.wordpress.com
Lioness7
This book was interesting, but I didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would. I liked the genetic experiments and Delano Briggs. I just tended to get a bit bored with the hotel part where the other experiments were held as sex workers. The book is also very heavy on sex and not so much on romance. I don't really mind that. I don't mind the dub-con or BDSM. I just thought there was a bit too much for the size of book.

I liked Chanze, but thought he ended up being less of a main character than he
Sharon Gatus
Mar 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Exciting

This is a different book with nano technology used to enhance our heroes. The blurb will explain what I can say is that this is a different book than usual the sex scenes are hot romance is there but muted. I really enjoyed it the scenes where rescue was done were exciting and I couldn't out it down. I look forward to reading book 2.
Love Bytes Reviews
Jun 30, 2015 rated it liked it
2.5 Heart Review by Amber

The blurb for this book pinged so many of my interest points that I couldn’t even help but be through the moon excited about reading it. So, it’s no wonder that I am utterly disappointed on how this story came together. I felt no real connection to the characters at all. They read like they aren’t even real people. The rent boys are just objects, holes to be bought and used. Even the Slayers are perceived to be just weapons and nothing more. The cheesiness of some of the
Rhiannon Overby
Oct 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
WARNING: This book contains M/M pairing, in fact there isn't single female character in the entire book.

WOW! If you're looking for a book full of kink, you've come to the right place. This book has a little bit of everything:
M/M pair
D/s
Alpha males
BDSM
Edge play
Hot firemen
Special Ops members
Genetically modified sex fiends
Sci-fi aspects of the main characters
Lifelong bonding
Action pact scenes
Psychopath scientist
HOT HOT HOT sex scenes!
Again... a bit of everything for you kink lovers.

One thing that
Dayreader Reviews
Oct 23, 2014 rated it liked it
This ARC was graciously (thank you) given to me by Netgalley and the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

Unlocked by H.C. Brown is not a book a would have normally read. When I read the synopsis on netgalley, I must have been in a reading hangover or something because I didn't realize I was signing up for a M/M book. When I sign up for these books, I give them my full attention and this one grabbed my attention. When I first started reading it I was like WTH did I just sign up for? I keep
bookaholic ge
Nov 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
Ok so lets start by saying that whoever picked the front cover picture on this book did a great job because It took me reading the back cover about 3 times to realize that this was a M/M book. I have never read a M/M book before but I figured I had to see what this was all about. To say I could not put the book down is really putting it mildly. Don't get me wrong I am not a prude, I have read many shifter novels where there are group sex scenes that lead to M/M action, so it definitely can add s ...more
Jessi
ARC provided by Netgalley in exchange for a honest review.

Welcome to the world of enhanced Rent A Boys. With enough money you can buy whatever your heart desires.

Chanze is one of the Fury. One of the Rent A Boys owned by Doc the evil doctor who treats the men as no more than stallions in his stables without thought or feeling. After a fire in which Chanze is mistaken for a business man he is taken to a BDSM club by the firefighter who rescues him.

Delano is the owner of the club and Chanze's s
Donna
Nov 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 0-lgbtq-read
*headdesk* I learned something about myself tonight... I am not a hardcore BDSM reader! I had a bit of trouble with that aspect of this book... and WOW... there sure were a lot of names to keep straight to the point that even by the end of the book I wasn't sure who the MCs were... I think there were several of them! But the most important thing was the fact that it is almost 2:3o in the morning and I couldn't put the book down until it was finished!!! I will admit that I skimmed a few of the da ...more
Tina
Sep 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Unlocked by author H.C. Brown has action adventure and romance. I loved this new take on the sex trade. Chanze has been genetically modified to be the perfect sub. He has nanos in his blood that keep him literally up all the time. He works for a mad scientist that promised more than he is delivering. He thinks there is no way out of the hell that he is in. Then he is rescued by accident by Delano. He owns a BDSM club and his a volunteer fire fighter. Responding to a fire he finds Chanze. He also ...more
Alisha Webster
Oct 20, 2014 rated it liked it
This wasn't what I expected. I did expect an m/m erotica. I didn't expect the insane sci fi twists. I laughed a few times because of how ridiculous it was. I have a few friends who will be buying the book just because I told them what was happening.

I recieved this from netgalley for an honest review
Heather andrews
Oct 20, 2014 rated it did not like it
I guess I read the blurb wrong this is a m/m book I don't read them but I thought hey it's a book that I can try to read. Yeah the part(s) that I read I didn't like so I didn't finish reading this book, I think this is the first time that's ever had happened.
Sam
Dec 02, 2014 rated it liked it
*copy provided for honest review*
I am very torn with this novel, for me it was a love hate relationship. I loved the unusual story line but there were bits that were slow and I couldnt get into, The characters themselves are written really well and the plot line has a lot of potential
Melissa
Jan 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014
This was a hot, sexy story. I liked that it had secondary that were as intriguing as the main. The storyline is two or three wove into one. Would definitely recommend this book if you like erotic M/M books.

I was given this book in exchange for an honest review via Netgalley.
kerryann williams
So very good

Great read,well worth every penny spent. Hoping for more story lines with all the characters of this story line. Buy this book,it'll keep you glued to it till you finish it.
Teresa
Feb 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
Raels111
Mar 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Lots of male/male action. A very different book about Nano inhanced males that are made to sign a 10 year contract as sex slaves until a fire changes everything.....

• Enemy Dearest
  • The Tribes of Palos Verdes
  • Sweet Surrender (Sweet, #1)
  • When Forever Ended  (Camassia Cove, #2)
  • Precious
  • We Have Till Dawn
  • Home (Camassia Cove, #1)
  • The Invitation
  • Kit (Chicago Blaze, #8)
  • Bad Habits (Wages of Sin #1)
  • How to Train Your Dom in Five Easy Steps
  • Edge of Forever
  • Evolved
  • Bareback (Bareback, #1)
  • Expensive
  • A Pebble for Lewis (Alaskan Pebble Gifters, #1)
  • Once Upon a Time (Calluvia's Royalty, #3)
  • The Emperor's Wolf
H.C Brown is a multi published, best selling, award winning, author of Historical, Paranormal, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, BDSM, Time Travel, Action Adventure, and Contemporary Romance.
In 2011 she was delighted to received nomination in three categories in the 2011 CAPA Awards.
H.C writes about strong alpha males in complex settings and all her stories have happy endings.
She married her childhood sweetheart

The Slayers (2 books)
  • Stalked (The Slayers, #2)

News & Interviews