Start by marking “Into The Dark (Into The Dark, #1)” as Want to Read:
Into The Dark (Into The Dark, #1)

Into The Dark

(Into The Dark #1)

3.93  ·  Rating details ·  43 Ratings  ·  22 Reviews
A girl’s sweet sixteen party is supposed to be among the most memorable events of her life. But on the night of hers, Mercy Clare wakes in the waiting room of a hospital with no memory of how she got there. To make matters worse, she’s wearing something she’d never be caught dead in: her best friend Lyla’s clothes.

Mercy’s nightmare is just beginning. The doctor arrives to
Published August 18th 2015 by Month9Books

To ask other readers questions about Into The Dark, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Into The Dark

Paula M. of Her Book Thoughts!
This book is jam packed! I cant even put into words how this book surprised in so many levels and how it made me invested through out the whole story. Seriously, I'm having a hard time right now. This happens to me when I love the book so much.

Breachers. They are people who can transfer from one body to another. Hunters. They are the ones who's in charge of Breachers. How? By killing them. Because that's what The Assembled's orders. But when Mercy, a Breacher, came into Gage's life, she change
Kelly
Sep 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A page turner! Read this in three night! Unique premise with well developed characters. Would love to see this made into a movie to see it played out!
czai (the Blacksheep Reader)
this review is also posted at: the Blacksheep Project. I received this book from the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

* * *

A unique concept that immediately captured me.

{ 5 things about Into the Dark }

unique story and world.
At least for me it is. Into the Dark involves Breachers, Hunters, and the Assembled. Let's get into each one by one. Breachers are immortals who can transfer from one body to the other. The twist is that Breachers cannot leave a body unless he/she kills it. Mercy is
Jordan
Mar 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
.........just wow
I didn't expect that ending
I didn't think I would come to love Nathaniel Black ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Holly
Disclosure: I received an e-ARC of this book from Month9Books for purposes of an honest review. My review/rating has not been impacted in any way by receiving the book for free.

My true rating would be 3.5, if I could give half-stars. However, since I can't, I always round up to the nearest star in my ratings.

I was really excited when I saw this book on Month9Books' upcoming releases earlier this year, so I jumped at the chance to get an e-ARC for review. For the most part, my expectations were m
Ashley Ferguson
Jul 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
This review and more can be found at The A P Book Club!

When I first read the synopsis for Into the Dark, I was kind of on the fence about wanting to read it. It sounded interesting to me, but I'm so behind on reading that I wasn't sure if it was something that I absolutely HAD to read. I decided to go for it though, and I am so, so glad that I did! This book was absolutely wonderful, from the creepiness to the paranormal/fantasy to the little bit of romance to the excellent portrayals of family
Bea (Beatrice Learns To Read)
Aug 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
Before I dive into this book’s awesomeness, let us all first appreciate how beautiful Into The Dark‘s cover is. The cover alone made me want to have this pretty on my bookshelf. But aside from the cover, this book is beyond WOW.

Into The Dark opens with Mercy in the hospital waiting room with her best friend’s boyfriend, Jay. Something starts to feel strange around her, especially with Jay, who keeps calling her, Lyla, her best friend. Her world turns upside down when it’s a different person she
Nancy (The Avid Reader)
Can you imagine waking up to everybody calling you by your best friend’s name? Well Mercy Clare did just that. She wakes up in the waiting room at the hospital and everyone is calling her Lyla. When she can’t take it anymore she rushes to the bathroom to see for herself and low and behold there is Lyla starring back at her. She is in shock and wondering what happen to her. What is going on? Where is her body?

After the initial shock wears off she starts to remember the night before. It was her bi
Anelise
Jul 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
Book provided by Month9Books – thanks!

Into the Dark was a very amazing book with a plot I've never read before. I've actually never heard of this book before I decided to read it. The plot sounded interesting and I loved the cover, so I tried it out and I'm glad I decided to read it.

This book mainly follows a girl named Mercy when she wakes up in a hospital and... is apparently in her best friend's body? What? (Mind officially blown.) Mercy learns that she's something called a Breacher which is
Kathy Osborn
Jun 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wow!! If you love paranormal this book is for you. Let me just say this book is fast paced and you will lose yourself in the world of Breachers and Hunters.

Breachers are people who can transfer from one person's body to another person's body, however the downfall is that the body they leave dies.
While the Hunters are the ones who hunter the Breachers and kills them as directed by the Assembled.

Mercy awakes up in the hospital and she is in her best friend's (Lyla) body. She is confused and doe
Zili
Jul 26, 2015 rated it really liked it

I loved the concept behind Into the Dark, it's really clever. What should have been a fun night turns into a nightmare when Mercy finds herself somehow suddenly trapped inside her best friend Lyla's body. Her actual body is critically injured in hospital. With everybody thinking she's Lyla, she has no idea what happened or how to fix things.

When the impossible has happened you need somebody to help out - Cue Gage (don't worry no spoilers). Not only is the mysterious Gage aware that Lyla is Mercy
Genie
Feb 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
While this book had a lot of action I had some difficulties with it. It was interesting but the chapters were too short & it reminded me more of a children's book than young adult in that aspect. Maybe it's me, maybe I've outgrown the YA genre. For whatever reason I did not enjoy Into the Dark as much as I thought I would. Because I feel like it's more me than the book I'm giving it 4 stars instead of the 3 star rating I had planned.
Maia Gomez
Sep 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This story knocked my socks off! Fast paced and with never a dull moment, the story immediately takes off when Mercy wakes up in her best friend Lyla's body. As she tries to figure out what happened and cope with the death of her own body, Gage, a member of a secret society of hunters steps in and takes things into his own hands. He's been tracking another body snatcher Nathan, for years and wants to find out why he was so interested in Mercy. What follows is a action packed and intriguing read ...more
Dianna
Aug 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
One of the things I liked most about Into the Dark was the unusual storyline. It’s a plot that hasn’t been done over and over, so that was refreshing. It also had interesting characters (Gage was my favorite). While I really enjoyed the surprises in this book, I did wish for less profanity. Most mature readers will gloss over them without issue, so it’s not a really big deal, but it does prevent me from offering five stars. Just a personal preference thing! The book keeps a steadily quick pace, ...more
E.M. Fitch
Jun 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
At first I thought this might be some kind of Freaky Friday concept, but it was clear from the first page that this was going to be so much more. From the onset, this was dark and suspenseful and pulled you right into the world of Mercy and her newly discovered body jumping abilities.

But it's more than that, it's creatures who are hunting her, mysterious societies, long lost family secrets. This author has talent and this book is well worth the read. This is a strong first novel of what I'm sur
Kailee
Jul 29, 2016 rated it liked it
The paranormal elements were new and interesting, but the one issue I had with this was that is all happened so quickly! It was very fast paced which was fine, but there was a lot of insta-love and I didn't feel the relationships were strong enough.
Hannah Michaels
Jul 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Oh my gosh, I loved this! Well written, fast paced and interesting! Mercy is just a girl trying to fit in, but into someone else's body. She doesn't know about her abilities and her innocence paves the way for a great journey! I can't wait to get into the second one!
Laura Chisnall
Jul 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of this from Month9 Books and I was unaware of any aspect of this story. All I can say is 'WOW'. I seriously hope that there is more to come.
Harsha
Nov 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
Awesome book.
I couldn't put it down. Finished all of it in a day.
Tamara
Jul 13, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction, paranormal
review coming later
Nattie
rated it did not like it
Jun 12, 2017
rated it it was ok
Jun 26, 2015
Jesi
May 07, 2018 rated it liked it
The premise of this book was really intriguing to me, so I was really invested in how the story would turn out. Unfortunately it's a really cool idea told in a somewhat messy way. Filled with more than a few plot holes, an unnecessary love triangle, and some confusing transitions, I actually did enjoy the book and I am planning to read the sequel. However, I would've enjoyed it a lot more if it had been pulled together in a less haphazard way.
Kimberly Stobbe
Nov 07, 2015
Stacey Schneller
Aug 24, 2016
Bethany
Nov 22, 2014
  • Vessel
  • Facsimile
  • Ashes in the Sky (Fire in the Woods, #2)
  • A Matter of Time (Angel Sight, #3)
  • Love Me, Love Me Not
  • Of Delicate Pieces (Of Breakable Things #2)
  • Life, A.D.: Life, After. Dez. (Atman City, #1)
  • Lifer
  • Sins of the Fallen (Sins of the Fallen #1)
  • Our Little Secret
  • A Murder of Magpies
  • A Whispered Darkness
  • The Twenty (Barronlands Trilogy, #1)
  • Living Grim (The Grim Trilogy, #2)
  • To Bear an Iron Key
  • The Looking Glass (The Looking Glass, #1)
  • The Boundless Deep
Caroline T. Patti is the author of the Into the Dark, Into the Light, and the Nettie series, which includes: The World Spins Madly On, Too Late to Apologize, A Little Faith and Life After You and The Broken Road (Sept 2016). Caroline is a former teacher, librarian and coach. She lives in Northern California with her husband and two daughters. When she's not writing, she's probably on Twitter.

Into The Dark (2 books)
  • Into The Light (Into The Dark, #2)