Start by marking “Narbenkind (Victoria Bergmans svaghet, #2)” as Want to Read:
Narbenkind (Victoria Bergmans svaghet, #2)

Narbenkind

(Victoria Bergmans svaghet #2)

Ein Geschäftsmann wird brutal ermordet. Jeanette Kihlberg ermittelt mithilfe der Psychologin Sofia. Doch wer ist Sofia wirklich?

Jeanette Kihlbergs Ermittlungen in einer Mordserie an Jungen in Stockholm werden vorübergehend auf Eis gelegt, als ein ranghoher Geschäftsmann auf bestialische Weise getötet wird. Man geht von einem Racheakt aus – doch Rache wofür? Psychologin
Audiobook, ungekürzt
Published September 15th 2014 by Der Hörverlag (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Narbenkind, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Narbenkind

Start your review of Narbenkind (Victoria Bergmans svaghet, #2)
Vi ~ Inkvotary
3,5 stars

This was ... I don't know how to say it. The darkest and cruel places of a human are shown and for men, at least a certain kind of men, it seems that they can do what ever they want with their daughters or little girls in general. And all in the name of God!

Actually I had planned on reading this trilogy in one single swoop – but after the first book The Crow Girl it became quite clear to me, that I had to put some time between each of those books.

After the first one I was in a very
Tanja Berg
This is the second book in the strangest Scandinavian crime trilogy I've ever read. It's not as good as the first, but that could partially be because being back at work meant very fragmented reading. The first book I read in two days, sleep being the longest interruption. The writing as such is excellent, but the book feels less personal than the first one. There is less about Jeanette and Sofia's personal lives and more murders and dreadful pasts.

Anyhow, in this second book police inspector
Joana
Jun 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I don't have words to describe this book! Victoria/Sofia is a very interesting character. The author really managed to get insights of DID personality disorder. 5 * to this book. It is really good!
Sanna
Oct 19, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: crime-thiller
This book is simply breathtaking. Finished this last night and was literally out of breath when I read the last page and line. Still a horrible story but so well written. I had no idea what was going to happen. I knew that there would be a twist, but I had no idea that it would be like this.

I think that this was a bit better than the first one. Because now I knew who was who and it was easier to follow. But still I was a bit overwhelmed because of the different characters. There were so many of
Tessa
This book was so incredible, I feel like I actually had a hunger for it. It was absolutely explosive and surprising and I didn't expect so many things to happen. It kept me asking for more and getting more and more questions and I really love books like that, books that makes you want to devour them.
I need to read the last one of the trilogy as soon as possible because I can't stand not to know how it all ends.
Marco
Victoria Bergman is one of the most interesting and intriguing characters I've read about.
Paulien
May 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nederlands, library
This is the second instalment in the Victoria Bergman trilogy.

The characters from the first instalment return and we meet some new people.

The entire novel, I felt that as a reader, you know the full truth of what had happened and was happening and you were just reading how Jeanette figures it all out. Then the authors manage it again - a whopping surprise near the very end, shaking everything you thought you knew. It makes you want to go back and read everything again with the new knowledge.
Chrissi P
Nov 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I got bored in the second book, but the last one made it worth to finish the series. Everything that seemed to be so clear, turned over a little in the end.
Nastja
I now understand the meaning of "compulsively readable".
Sarah J
*3.5 stars
Anastasia
Apr 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I didn't love the second book quite as much as the first volume. This was a lot slower and more confusing, and I felt it was a little difficult to follow at times, especially because of all the foreign names. Despite that, I think this was a solid continuation to the story and I'm very curious to know how it will all end in the next and final volume.
Nina
Oct 13, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Difficult to put down.
Spidermonkey
2,5 starts, to be exact. Better than the first one but still not as good as I wished for.
Tomáš Kratochvíl
Way better than the first story. It shows that the things around you aren't what they seem. And even though you somewhat feel or even know what is going on, you're still not sure and you have to figure out why and how exactly. Which is according to me sometimes an even more legit way of writing a crime story. Especially if the crime story is also a psychological thriller. What more, the second book is also even better at describing the psyché, the characters and the diagnoses. Which I find ...more
Ari
Feb 27, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I can almost copy my review of the first part of this trilogy (Crow Girl) but I try to edit abit :-)

This time I had not that high expectations as I knew what was about to come. So there wasn't a major dissappointment either. In that respect the reading experience was better.

Like the previous one this was a fairly good crime novel. Violent, twisted... a police with challenges in her personal life, a dash of romance & sex - all the modern suspence stuff. Made in a Swedish quality manner; there
Cristina
Feb 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Once again, the cover is awesome and somehow enigmatic! After the brutal and addictive first book of the trilogy, the high hopes I had for this one were exceeded.

The case of the little boys who were murdered turned into a cold one, due to the lack of evidence and the need to cover it up by some important people. Although Jeanette keeps trying to solve the mystery by herself, another one turned up and caught her attention. Brutal murders are happening and, in the end, all the people who died had
Natalie (CuriousReader)
This trilogy really is unique in it's genre, it's disturbing yet very intriguing. The second part (this book) was in someways better than the first; a lot of things that didn't feel important in the first book starts to make sense, and connect with things in this book. Everything starts to fall in place, like puzzle bites. There really was just one thing that made this book less enjoyable to read for me. How do I put this? The main character Viktoria Bergman has multiple personality disorder and ...more
Martina
Jul 17, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: crime, thriller
The second part of Who is Victoria Bergman? is - and I didn't even think it possible - more disturbing than the first. Although Jeanette Kihlberg's investigation has to shift from mutilated immigrant boys to bloody dismemberings and/or murders of native Swedes, that serves as a catalyst that brings Jeanette closer to the idea that Victoria Bergman is in the center of the whole mystery. Also, the novel focuses quite a bit on Victoria's past, which is filled with events so revolting that I don't ...more
Heli
Dec 21, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Outi
Oh man, so much better than the Kråkflickan! It shed light on Victoria Bergmans past and was very well written, it's hard to imagine it's been written by two different authors.

The second part of the trilogy seemed to be much more about crimes against women and girls. That and revenge. The crimes are mind-numbingly disgusting (Painting the whole apartment pretty with blood? Suffocating your victim with dog shit? Yeah.) and yet they are totally in sync with the tone of the novel.

I really like
Josefine Persson
This second part of the triology was even better than the first, because I saw how things were connected from the start and how more things slowly fell in place. I can't remember when I last read such a page-turner like this, I more or less devoured the book. Sometimes it was hard to keep the track since many new characters are introduced so I had to stop a few times and think who they were and what relations they had to each other. Otherwise, I have nothing to complain about, so far it's the ...more
Kai Ylinen
I think something bothered with me with the first book of the series as well, but with this second one I realized what it is. These books focus heavily on the plot and the complex, interesting structures of telling. And both are exceptionally well done. Four stars, maybe even five!

But I have a big problem with the characters. They all seem to resemble each other in some ways and they all sound just the same. I think most of the characters really are complex, and there is depth to them, but they
Marie Bergman
Feb 04, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This second part of the trilogy was better than the first, but it also very much felt like a middle part. In other words, I sprinted towards the end but at the end I felt no release, no closure, I just wanted to get my hands on the third book right away to continue my reading. That said, I thought this book was great, it had many aha-moments where I thought I had outsmarted the authours but had to admit that my conclusions were all wrong. Looking forward to the last part a lot!
Duje
Jan 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
After I've read the first book of the trilogy, I was amazed by the book. Now I'm even more amazed, it got me again, and surprised me on the last page! It's full of mystery and shocking scenes (though I don't like some of the gross discriptions), but it has a romantic story, too. All in all, can't wait to read the third book.
Mikko Saari
Jul 25, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very good! The story keeps going and gets really fascinating. The whole mess of personalities that Victoria Bergman is... also, the whole mess of crimes depicted here gets rather disgusting. A fiendish book, really, and very interesting.
Pilvi
The second book in the series continued the devious psychological story where the 1st one ended. And just when you thought you understood it all, the plot changes and leaves you once again wondering who the hell did what!
Raquel
Jul 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Like the first but love the second !
I can't wait for the next book.
Anna Dalvi
May 05, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Gave up on this book.
Sonja L.M.
no review; don(t want to spend my time on this one
Elise
Jan 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It is an amazing thriller. Can't wait for part 3. Never read something captive like this before.
Un detective plot "impressionistico" che, tuttavia, si lascia leggere 1 1 Jan 26, 2015 09:28PM

• Glaskroppar (Melankolitrilogin, #1)
  • The Crow Girl
  • Eldvittnet (Joona Linna, #3)
  • The Hypnotist (Joona Linna, #1)
  • Mannen som slutade ljuga
  • Die Stimme des Zorns: Thriller (Die Ackermann & Shirazi-Reihe 1)
  • The Nightmare (Joona Linna, #2)
  • Dark Secrets (Sebastian Bergman, #1)
  • The Sandman (Joona Linna, #4)
  • Kaninjägaren (Joona Linna, #6)
  • Dockliv: Grå Melankoli
  • Lärjungen  (Sebastian Bergman, #2)
  • Das Geschenk
  • Skalpelldansen
  • Sankta Psyko
  • Диссомнии
  • Offer 2117 (Afdeling Q, #8)
  • The Beast (Grens & Sundkvist #1)
Erik Axl Sund is the pen name of Swedish author duo Jerker Eriksson (b. 1974) and Håkan Axlander Sundquist (b. 1965). Håkan is a sound engineer, musician and artist. Jerker has been the producer of Håkan's electro punk band iloveyoubaby! and currently works as a librarian in a prison. Erik Axl Sund is the author of three novels so far: Crow Girl (2010), Hunger Fire (2011) and Pythia's Instructions ...more

Victoria Bergmans svaghet (3 books)
  • Kråkflickan (Victoria Bergmans svaghet, #1)
  • Pythians anvisningar (Victoria Bergmans svaghet, #3)
“Godhet och förlåtelse är bara ytterligare en form av förtryck och provokation. Hat är renare.” 0 likes