Start by marking “Ramona the Pest” as Want to Read:
Ramona the Pest

Ramona the Pest (Ramona Quimby #2)

4.05  ·  Rating details ·  55,570 Ratings  ·  1,135 Reviews
Ramona Quimby is excited to start kindergarten. No longer does she have to watch her older sister, Beezus, ride the bus to school with all the big kids. She's finally old enough to do it too!

Then she gets into trouble for pulling her classmate's boingy curls during recess. Even worse, her crush rejects her in front of everyone. Beezus says Ramona needs to quit being a pest
Published March 19th 2013 by HarperCollins (first published 1968)

Philip
Mar 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
I read this book out loud with my middle child - the (currently) 5 year old Gwennie.

So Gwennie, what did you think?

Gwennie: Great?

Dad: How many stars should I give it?

G: Uhhhhhh... 4!

D: Why 4?

G: Uhhh... 4! 4.4.4. Because I liked it a little.

D: What did you like about it?

G: I liked abouuuuuuut it. When she. Uh... Kindergarten Drop-Out.

D: That was your favorite part?

*Gwennie nods*

D: Tell me about something that happened in the book, but it can't be something that happened today?

G: What? What did y
Josiah
Apr 17, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
"No matter what others said, she never thought she was a pest. The people who called her a pest were always bigger and so they could be unfair."

—Ramona the Pest, P. 10

"Things had such an unexpected way of turning out all wrong."

—Ramona the Pest, P. 79

This book far exceeded my expectations of how good it would be.
For many years Beverly Cleary has proven herself to have a striking understanding of exactly what it means to be a kid, and she succeeds with perhaps more (or at least equal) stunn
Ahmad Sharabiani
Ramona the Pest (Ramona Quimby #2), Beverly Cleary
عنوان: رامونای آتش پاره جلد 2؛ نوشته: بورلی کلی یری؛ مترجم: پروین علیپور، نشر: افق
Linda
Sep 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Me: 4 stars
Daughter (age 6): 4 stars

This was a winner for my 6 year-old daughter! Normally we read picture books before bed each night, but I started this chapter book as a change of pace now that school has started up again. She's always excited to read at night, but seemed more so with this book waiting for her as she was excited to see what would happen to Ramona next.

Her favorite part was the ending where Ramona read the letter she received from her kindergarten teacher asking her to come b
Lars Guthrie
Jun 20, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In Margaret Donaldson's quintessential 'Children's Minds,' she discusses the importance of 'decentering' in the language we use with children. Teachers know more than students, and thus often make false assumptions about shared knowledge: 'The better you know something, the more risk there is of behaving egocentrically in relation to your knowledge.'

Donaldson finds an example of such egocentric behavior in a story from Laurie Lee's autobiography 'Cider with Rosie.' After his first day at school
FeReSHte
Jan 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: america, young-adult
خانم معلم آرام و شمرده گفت: " سلام رامونا! اسم من خانم بی نی است. خیلی خوشحالم که به کودکستان آمده ای" سپس دست رامونا را گرفت و او را به سمت میز و صندلی های کوچک برد و با لبخند گفت: " فعلا همین جا بنشین تا بعدا یک سر و سامانی بهت بدهم"

!! یک سر و سامان

رامونا با خود فکر کرد که سر و سامان حتما یک هدیه است و احساس کرد که دارد از خانم بی نی خوشش می اید

....................................................................................................
بورلی کلری با رامونا و سایر شخصیت هایی که در مجموعه
Kelly
Oh the dawnzer lee light.

I literally laughed the entire first chapter, remembering it being read to me as a kid at some point. Then I wondered the entire last chapter how it was that Ramona got away with not going to school. Her mom must have really had an interesting conversation with someone to make that happen.

Still holds up. Again, a few cultural/gender norm issues, but nothing that's beyond what you'd expect for a book of this era (boys do this and wear that, the gypsy costume mention for
Mary
Feb 10, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone, especially those who try so hard and are still misunderstood
Recommended to Mary by: myself and Mandalee
I just reread this as part of an informal "Ramona will save us, as she always has" book group with a friend. It is, by no accident, the one I reread most as a kid, in which Ramona begins school, has an actually lovable teacher, and decides to drop out after determining said teacher doesn't love her. ...Somebody please, like, knight Beverly Cleary. The woman aspires to sainthood.

Although I should probably regret the fact that I relate this much to a five-year-old, I continue to take comfort in th
Natalie Rion
Apr 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“Ramona the Pest” is the first of the “Ramona” series written by Beverly Cleary. This book introduces the lovable character, Ramona. In this particular book, Ramona is beginning her first year of school, Kindergarten. You soon learn about what kind of character Ramona is, a wild child. She loves horsing around, joking around, and being the typical playful kid. Her older sister Beezus, easily gets annoyed by Ramona and refers to her as a “pest”. In school, Ramona has trouble paying attention and ...more
Cassandra
A few weeks ago, I made a list of books that my 8 year old niece might like based on books I read when I was her age. When I picked up the books from the library, I had a sudden urge to reread them for myself (or in some cases, read some children's classics for the first time).

I'm going to be a party pooper and say that I'm not sure if I should give this a two or three star review, in spite of other glowing reviews. It was a nostalgic read. I remember the characters well. However, I do not like
1001 Children's B...: September 2015: Ramona the Pest 18 24 Oct 12, 2015 08:01AM
Brianna Myers #1 1 5 Jan 31, 2015 03:26PM
  • Anastasia Again! (Anastasia Krupnik, #2)
  • Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle's Magic (Mrs. Piggle Wiggle, #2)
  • The One in the Middle Is the Green Kangaroo
  • Ralph S. Mouse by Beverly Cleary: Teacher Guide (Novel Units)
  • Clementine, Friend of the Week (Clementine, #4)
  • Me and My Little Brain (Great Brain #3)
  • Encyclopedia Brown, Boy Detective (Encyclopedia Brown, #1)
  • Betsy and Billy
  • The Celery Stalks at Midnight (Bunnicula, #3)
  • The Best Christmas Pageant Ever (The Herdmans #1)
  • Good-bye Stacey, Good-bye (The Babysitters Club, #13)
Beverly Cleary (born April 12, 1916) is the author of over 30 books for young adults and children. Her characters are normal children facing challenges that many of us face growing up, and her stories are liberally laced with humour. Some of her best known and loved characters are Ramona Quimby and her sister Beatrice ("Beezus"), Henry Huggins, and Ralph S. Mouse.

Beverly Cleary was born Beverly At
More about Beverly Cleary...

Ramona Quimby (8 books)
  • Beezus and Ramona (Ramona, #1)
  • Ramona the Brave (Ramona, #3)
  • Ramona and Her Father (Ramona, #4)
  • Ramona and Her Mother (Ramona, #5)
  • Ramona Quimby, Age 8 (Ramona, #6)
  • Ramona Forever (Ramona, #7)
  • Ramona's World (Ramona, #8)
“She was not a slowpoke grownup. She was a girl who could not wait. Life was so interesting she had to find out what happened next.” 1687 likes
“Words were so puzzling. Present should mean a present just as attack should mean to stick tacks in people.” 53 likes