Start by marking “Empowered” as Want to Read:
Empowered

Empowered

A smattering of smoky remnants is all that remains of the once promising fire of success in the classrooms of East Crossroads Middle School. The teachers, each having entered the profession with blazing ambition, now struggle to protect their feeble flames from the billows of student indifference and waning motivation.

Within days of unpacking, Mrs. Kris Able, expert
Published August 27th 2014 by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about Empowered, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Empowered

Start your review of Empowered
Becky
Sep 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015-read
I loved this witty and clever way to present the most practical ways to teach in a class. Read like a novel yet instructive and reflective for me. Every teacher should read this and help children thrive in the classroom!
Olivia
Dec 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book as a teacher. I have been in the shoes of the teachers in this book, and I relate very well. The principles work. I wish I had read this my first year teaching. It is an easy read that is still very insightful.
Richard
Dec 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Teachers, you need to read this book! Though it's written about the faculty and students in a middle school, I found it imminently relatable to my experience as an elementary school teacher. The author is a former administrator, now returned to teaching full time. I heard him speak at a teachers conference and found him well-spoken and consistent with the principles espoused in his book.
Cathryn Davies
Dec 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyed seeing the theory demonstrated through the characters. Saw bits of myself in each of them! The Cliff Notes are helpful reminders for me as I work to further develop my own classroom culture. Definitely recommend this for all who teach.
Jan 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
The principles in this book are wonderful - easy to understand, and general enough to be widely applicable. The stories used to illustrate the ideas... were difficult to get through, but instructive if you can get past the flowery, sappy language. I will be implementing these principles in my own classroom!
Emma Scanlon
Sep 03, 2016
Kim
Apr 05, 2019
Felicia
Jul 13, 2019
Nathan Cureton
May 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Lindsey Heinig