Start by marking “Doctor Who: The Twelfth Doctor, Vol. 1: Terrorformer” as Want to Read:
Doctor Who: The Twelfth Doctor, Vol. 1: Terrorformer

Doctor Who: The Twelfth Doctor, Vol. 1: Terrorformer

(Doctor Who: The Twelfth Doctor #1)

DON’T MISS THE STUNNING FIRST COLLECTION OF THE TWELFTH DOCTOR’S ALL-NEW COMICS ADVENTURES!

On the terraformed ice planet of Isen IV, the Doctor and Clara discover a monstrous Hyperion has been awakened at the planet's core. Can they halt the rampage of a living star, in the middle of the celebrity wedding of the century, before it escapes to conquer the galaxy?

And when Clar
Published June 30th 2015 by Titan Comics (first published May 27th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Doctor Who, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Doctor Who

Start your review of Doctor Who: The Twelfth Doctor, Vol. 1: Terrorformer
Cyndi
Jun 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love Doctor Who, but for the sake of honesty, I haven’t seen any of the latest Doctor. I know, its shameful. 😔 I’ve been a fan of the Doctor since the 1960’s so there is no excuse. But I promise to spend less time reading and more time watching tv soon...maybe.
Anyway, this book was excellent! I love Clara as a companion and enjoyed every story in this graphic novel. The art was superb and there was plenty of exposition along the way to make the story easy to follow.
Elizabeth
Jul 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a fun romp through two Dr. Who episodes, one episode involves sentient sun creatures, the other episode involves time and India. Was it perfect? No, but for the discerning Whovian, this was a fun romp with the doctor. The characterizations were pretty good. Peter Capaldi's Doctor is done rather well, you get the gruffness and snark. Clara is whiny and snarky as usual. The artwork for the two stories was decent although I think the quality fell off sharply at the end of the first story. T ...more
Callie Rose Tyler
Feb 09, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: comics, doctor-who
This volume just does't measure up to Titan's other current DW titles (Doctor Who: The Tenth Doctor, Vol. 1: Revolutions of Terror & Doctor Who: The Eleventh Doctor, Vol. 1: After Life).

Both stories, a terraforming gone wrong and an evil alien posing as a goddess, were pretty generic. The
Kribu
Two rather fun stories.

I wasn't really super-keen on the art - the Doctor was recognisable enough, I guess, although mostly thanks to that jacket than anything else (that said, I did like all the panels that just showed his eyes) but I'd never have known Clara was Clara if she hadn't been with Twelve and referred to as, well, Clara - and in some ways I found Twelve's characterisation a little simplistic, basically just relying on a couple of his less endearing traits, but the, those stories wer
Jacob
Aug 30, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Public library copy.

This was the first Titans comic BBC publication I've read since IDW is no longer a licensee and I thought the efforts were better than the content IDW put out. The covers and especially the sequential art was done by better talent and remained on model. Likewise the story was consistent with the spirit of the show and I'd imagine fan's of DW, particularly of the 12th DW/actor, will enjoy the 2 tales collected herein. I thought the writer did a tremendous job capturing the to
K.T. Katzmann
Apr 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Exactly what is says on the tin. The stories read just like a great Twelth Doctor episode with a much better budget. The terraforming story is filled with odd little throwaway world-building bits in particular, and I like how the second story tied in the Fourth Doctor. Nothing innovative, just a well-done by-the-formula Who collection.
Shannon Appelcline
Jan 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Robbie Morrison's Twelfth Doctor does a good job of capturing the cranky, alien character of Twelve and also presents two fun action stories. There's a story of fiery sun-creatures that has good connections to Gallifreyan history and an Indian story that touches upon cultures not usually explored by Doctor Who. Meanwhile, we get strong characterization of Clara too, and plenty for her to do.

All around, a good start for this new volume of Doctor adventures. The only problem is that the art dete
Alex Sarll
Cover aside, the Doctor herein looks more like an odd composite of half-a-dozen Scottish actors than Peter Capaldi, and only intermittently sounds like him. Clara Oswald, alas, is accurately depicted in all her smug, whiny obnoxiousness. Indeed, at one stage a completely pointless side scene sees her posing for the Mona Lisa, thus further bolstering her unjustified ego while simultaneously messing up one of the all-time great Doctor Who stories, City of Death. There are two tales here (geoengineering gon ...more
Amanda Thompson
Oct 08, 2015 rated it liked it
I was enjoying this comic just as much as the Ten and Eleven ones, especially since they gave us a story line involving one of the Doctor's old (old, old) friends, wrapped up in Indian culture and mythology (!!!), but I was put off by the addition of several homosexual characters, which ruined the story for me.

They still did a good job keeping Twelve believable and in-character. Wholly original stories, completely in-tune with the show's feel and quality.
Amanda [Novel Addiction]
I really like the Twelfth Doctor. However, I'm not the biggest fan of Clara (she's not horrible, obviously, but I'm ready to move on from her). So please, more Doctor, less Clara in the future. Why not give him a new companion to travel with?
Maria
I loved the story, I loved Twelve as much as I love him in the series but I h-a-t-e-d the artwork. The only part of it I liked was the cover. Clara didn't look like Clara at all and if I didn't know it was her I would have never recognised her. :( Other than that it was an enjoyable read.
Katka Heřmanová
Nov 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics, doctor-who
This was just amazing. It felt exactly like a 'normal' episode would and Twelve was so wonderfully... Twelve. Scottish and eyebrows and everything.
Phoebe
Jan 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: english, comic-manga
The spirit of the Twelfth is nicely portrayed. The second story line was the more entertaining one for me. Definitely recommended for Doctor Who & comic fans!
Schopfi
Dec 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comic
the artwork is a bit too simplified when it comes to the main caracters, the story is ok, the second one good even, providing a bit of a classic who-twist.
Kat
Jul 31, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This collection of 12th Doctor comics contains 2 stories. The first is "Terrorformer" and the second is "The Swords of Okti."

WARNING: SOME SPOILERS BELOW!

"Terrorformer" has an interesting concept, introducing the race of Hyperions, sentient stars that used to be benevolent but then went mad and started destroying things until the most advanced civilizations, including the Time Lords, stopped them. The Hyperions are the main recurring villains through several more 12th Doc
Arwen~Undomiel
Aug 23, 2018 rated it did not like it
The characterization was good. The images were not. I hated that there were lesbian characters in it. I don't understand why authors these days feel the need to put all of that crap in their books. Gay people are the minority. Stop catering to them. But anyways, I didn't really understand what was going on until the last part. .maybe because I'm more used to chapter books or because it was bad writing. I'm not sure. Probably not going to read the rest of this story.
Jenna
May 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
A fun start with our rather tame looking Twelfth Doctor. I personally enjoy his mad scientist hair. I enjoyed the fact that it’s a single volume plot that isn’t overly stretched.

Some eye-rolling moments however, like the grand reveal of Hyperios, the newest legendary Pokemon, and the Doctor proclaiming Dewali as the festival of light. I know Deepavali and Diwali...maybe it’s the British spelling.
James Bowman
Jul 04, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics, owned, sf, dr-who
Two solid Twelfth Doctor tales in here. The first story, Terrorformer, is fine, kind of a standard Doctor Who story, but I think the second, The Swords of Kali, is better, with some interesting twists. The portrayals of the Twelfth Doctor and Clara seem slightly off a few times, but for most of it they do a good job of capturing them. (B+)
David Wardrop
Terrorformer sounds like an 80's metal band. Peter Capaldi was a pretty good Doctor not my favorite although I thought he had shades of Tom Baker. Clara I really found annoying and can't hold a candle to Bill. The stories are very much the typical Doctor Who story.
Mason
Nov 29, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fairly good comic. Not crazy good but if you like Doctor Who I think you'll find it enjoyable.

I made a little video review on youtube for it.
Rick Davis
Aug 20, 2017 rated it it was ok
This collection is neatly divided into two stories. The two star rating I gave it is an average. The first story is great. It feels like Doctor Who, and it nails the 12th doctor's characterization; I give it 4 stars. The second story is just a dud.
Mary
May 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Was a good Doctor Who story. The author had a good grasp on how this Doctor acted and talked. New enemies. A good Who story.
Phil Deschler
Mar 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Who can stop Doctor Who
Charles Mitchell
Nov 08, 2019 rated it liked it
very entertaining
Emma Dargue
Sep 12, 2018 rated it liked it
Good introduction to the twelfth doctor series of comic books that were written well and left on a cliffhanger that meant I just had to pick up the next edition.
Wilfred Matthews Duggan
Enjoyable read and artwork, though I'm not sure that they quite managed to capture Jenna Coleman's likeness.
Jay
Oct 31, 2017 rated it liked it
This was mostly to help my reading goal, and the characters didn't seem the same as in the show, but the artwork was gorgeous!
Lauren
Enjoyable comic! Love the Doctor comics.
Jacqueline O.
The title of this graphic novel is Terrorformer and it includes the first five issues of Titan Comics 12th Doctor (Peter Capaldi) series. This is my favorite I've read so far of the Titan Comics Doctor Who series. But the graphic novel title should be included in the book title GoodReads!
The graphic novel contains two very different stories featuring the Twelfth Doctor and Clara. In the first story, the Doctor promises to take Clara someplace she can practice her downhill snow skiing - only to land in a
Jesse
Aug 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
This volume features two stories, "Terrorformer" and "The Swords of Kali", written by Robbie Morrison, drawn by Dave Taylor and colored by Hi-Fi.

First, on the art of both stories, I find Dave Taylor to be an awkward artist. He's not by far a terrible artist. However, his art falls awkwardly between cartoony and realism. The facial expressions of the characters look odd and some of the body postures of some characters looked a bit awkward. Hi-Fi's coloring is what redeems the art, pro
« previous 1 3 next »
Doctor Who Comic ...: Doctor Who: Twelfth Doctor Vol. 1: Terrorformer 1 1 Aug 26, 2017 04:54AM

• Doctor Who: The Ninth Doctor, Vol 1: Weapons of Past Destruction
  • Doctor Who: Evolution
  • Doctor Who: Players
  • Doctor Who: Jubilee
  • Doctor Who: Blue Box
  • Doctor Who: Hunters of Earth (Destiny of the Doctor, #1)

Doctor Who: The Twelfth Doctor (9 books)
  • Doctor Who: The Twelfth Doctor, Vol. 2: Fractures