Start by marking “At His Service: Part 1 (Playboys of Boston #0.1)” as Want to Read:
At His Service: Part 1 (Playboys of Boston #0.1)

At His Service: Part 1

(Playboys of Boston 0.1)

First in an exclusive and red hot mini-series from New York Times bestselling author Suzanne Rock.

Leo Perconti's  life is spinning out of control. As head of his family’s hotel conglomerate, it’s his job to save his family from bankruptcy. At the center of his turmoil is Karin Norell, a quiet, alluring housekeeping manager who compliments his dominating personality and let
Published February 3rd 2015 by St. Martin's Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about At His Service, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about At His Service

Claire Robinson
Jan 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: shit-hot-series, smp
3.5 - "Are you new to this?" Stars.

No messing with the first part of At His Service, the sexy times take off, pretty much from the first chapter. What I really liked though was the fact that Karin and Leo’s story is developing at a nice pace alongside it, and that it isn’t your usual run of the mill Billionaire/inexperienced girl scenario.

Seeing that this is part one of 4, as you would expect there is a lot of scene setting and character introduction going on as well. I am intrigued, interested
CeCe
Leo owns a hotel, but his business is going bankrupt. His brother suggests that Leo have sex to release his frustrations and tells him he is going to send a woman up to his room. Karin is a maid at the hotel and needs to get her co-worker’s phone from his room. As she is retrieving the phone, Leo thinks that Karin is the woman who his brother sent up for him and one thing leads to another and they have sex.

There are a few things that made no sense to me in this book. Leo is going bankrupt, but
Rosa Sharon (iScream Books Blog)
Trust me with your pleasure...
Hmmm...ok. Karin is a young intern working at the hotel that is currently understaffed. When everyone calls in sick she is required to pitch in and clean the penthouse suite at the last minute before the 'Boss' arrives and is instructed to make his stay pleasurable. Well, she ends up trapped inside the suite when he arrives unexpectedly before she is able to vacate. She hides in the bathroom and waits for an opportunity to sneak out but he sees her and mistakes her
Tarah
Feb 05, 2015 rated it liked it
For such a short story, I struggled to get through this. My first impression kept me intrigued, but that quickly began to fizzle out. For a plot that could have such a strong foundation based on the characters, that potential crumbled around their impractical decisions. Karin's ethics and background introduce her as a person who would never choose such a path At His Service: Part 1 leads her down. I couldn't find a connection to the story once the heroine became a disappointment. I fear I can al ...more
Fiona (Titch) Hunt
I received a copy of the insatiable book from Netgalley and publishers. I've never read a Suzanne Rock book before I read this series.

It starts off really good with the build up to the characters identities. Who is who in the hotel business and what sparks will go when Karin Norell meets Leo Perconti. The sex is amazing with BDSM added in slightly, nothing too over the top.

What will happen between them after the night before? What are the reporters going to put in the tabloids? All will be revea
Tracy Buttles
Feb 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
At His Service: Part 1 by Suzanne Rock
** I received a copy of this book from NetGalley in exchange for my honest review **
Very promising hot new series! Loved the main characters of Leo and Karin. Could not put my Kindle down once I started reading. Fast pasted, intriguing and, at times, very steamy and somewhat humrous. Looking forward to more of Karin and Leo in book 2.
Ilana
Jan 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
Title: At His Service
Author: Suzanne Rock
Publisher/Year: St. Martin's Press 2/3/15
Length: 65
Series: At His Service #1

Overview

Leo Perconti's life is spinning out of control. As head of his family’s hotel conglomerate, it’s his job to save his family from bankruptcy. At the center of his turmoil is Karin Norell, a quiet, alluring housekeeping manager who compliments his dominating personality and lets him feel in control once more.

As Karin explores her passion her feelings for Leo deepen. Unfortun
Anita Byars
Jan 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC for an honest review. OH HOW I LOVED THIS STEAMY, SIZZLING, HOT STORY.
Karin Norell is finishing her last couple of months of her internship for her Hospitality Degree at the Ritzy Boston Palazzo. The Palazzo is owned and managed by the Perconti Family. A wealthy family with a chain of prestigious properties. Karin is usually behind a desk doing data entry but today she is being forced to clean the penthouse suite, since half the housekeeping staff has called in sick. Her fello
BBL
Jan 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
No request will be denied!

To save his family's hotel empire, Leo Perconti arrives at Boston's Palazzo prepared to take no prisoners. His hedonistic siblings have let the grand hotel's standards slide, and the company is teetering on the edge of bankruptcy. But before he takes on his family, he has a no-strings-attached arrangement to consider it... Is it time to put the Do Not Disturb sign up on the door? Or is it too dangerous to mix work with no-holds-barred pleasure?

Is their desire worth the
Monica Cardoza
Feb 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
A cell phone left behind gets her the most pleasure she has ever had but in the end she runs away.

This is the first part of At His Service and oh my is it a hot one to read. So we are introduced to Leo Perconti the Perconti that is an alpha male that has been held down from pleasuring a woman they way he wanted the way he enjoyed. He enjoys giving a woman pleasure but lately it seems that woman tell him what they want. Then enters Karin Norell she is the housekeeping manager who is a complete su
Crystal
Jan 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of this book from NetGalley in place of an honest review.

This is one series that I would read no matter what. It is exciting and thrilling all at the same time. It seems that Karin Novell has went out of her league again. She always ends up with her boss as a lover but the first one just used her and treated like crap. Now she works at the Palazzo. She has to keep her job no matter what for her internship. She never knew that a regular day would turn into a wild night.

Leo Perco
Jessica Alcazar
ARC provided by St. Martin's Press via NETGALLEY for an honest review!

This novella, is the first of four, and it was not usual first. This packed a PUNCH and left you on the edge of your seat wanting more like YESTERDAY! Leo Perconti is the head of his family's business, a hotel conglomerate. He is totally charge of the business and making sure it stays in business. He is also VERY MUCH in control in his personal life. OH, not in control as in everything is okie dokie, oh no, he is just a very I
Erin
Jan 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
Firstly thank you to St Martin’s Press for approving me for all four parts of this miniseries on NetGalley. This is the first I’ve read of Suzanne Rock’s books but I was drawn to it after reading The Affair series by Beth Kery.

The story is all about hotel worker Karin Norell and owner Leo Perconti.

The story starts off with a little bit of background about Karin, getting to know her as a character and a little bit about what’s going on at the Palazzo hotel. The hotel is in trouble but Karin doesn
Jen
Feb 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
Karin Norell needs to get through the remaining weeks of her internship at the Palazzo in order to complete her requirements for school. It hasn't been easy as of late, what with other members of the hotel staff mysteriously calling in sick all at the same time and the management spending more time partying and carousing rather than working on bringing in more guests.

The sudden arrival of Leo Perconti, head of Perconti Enterprises, the parent company of the Palazzo, in his hotel suite has Karin
Rachel
Mar 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was a first from this author for me and she absolutely blew me away. Why I let this book linger on my TBR pile is beyond me. I'm off to buy the next parts as soon as I finish here.

If you are after a story that will grab you and have you turning the pages faster and faster then this is for you. From the first page I was hooked. I loved the idea of the head of a family empire and a intern at one of his hotels finding unexpected passion with the other.

Add in family drama, money woes and perso
WTF Are You Reading?
This is a very good start to Suzanne Rock's latest serial erotic offering.
Karin Norell makes a very believable ingenue to Leo Perconti's older, richer, dominate lead.
Though this is one of a myriad of books featuring this trope; the fact that Karin is allowed to be herself and undergoes no significant changes to her person or status during her interactions with her leading man.

She is even allowed to flee situations, causing Leo to actually have to chase her.

Leo is your usual closed, wounded, and
Melanie
Jan 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
I really had no idea what this book was going to be about, but was interested by the title!!
Karin is a young intern at an exquisite hotel chain that Leo Perconti oversees with his brother. While the staff at the hotel is not fond of Leo and try to stay out of his way while he is there, Karin sees a different side to Leo and falls hard for him.
Karin makes a split second decision that she thinks at the time will save her job and helps Leo to relieve some of his stress. Karin has no idea that some
Melissa Portillo
Jan 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
Good start to an interesting series!
Karin is used to dealing with rich jack asses and that's why she makes it her business to stay away from them. Especially after her last love affair ended badly and cost her a job and almost destroyed her degree.
However there is something about her boss that keeps her intrigued, and wanting more even though she knows she should stay away from him.
Leo Perconti is not the like the public persona he portrays and when a misunderstanding lands Karin in bed with t
Johanna Sawyer
Feb 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: feb-read
Thanks Netgalley for a free book to read and review.

I was invited to take part in the review of this book. I found it to be a erotic read and a nice first part. I was engrossed as Karen, the maid is doing a last touch up of a room before her boss and his brother enter the suite. She doesn't want to get caught still in the suite but she is unable to leave without exposing herself. She stays in the room eavesdropping as the younger brother offered to send up a girl for Leo to experience pleasure w
Samantha
At His Service Part 1 doesn't mess around. Leo is in charge of his family and keeping them afloat. His control freak attitude is stressing him out because everything is spiraling out of control.

Karin is doing her internship and knows to stay out of the Perconti's way. With maids calling in sick she is forced to help out and clean rooms making sure everything is ready for Leo "the General" visit to the hotel.

What she doesn't expect is one night in his arms exploring something she never thought
Elle Markov
Feb 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is part one of the story that follows Karin Norell a housekeeping manager at The Palazzo a hotel owned by Leo Perconti.

In part one, we have the two meeting; Karin being an overworked employee and Leo being a super stressed out control freak. After an encounter, Leo decides he wants to pursue Karin and Karin decides she wants to run.

The cliff hanger in this part will have you running to the next part, I read all four parts in 2 days. The story starts off really engaging, for its genre it rea
T.A. McKay
Jan 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Copy from netgalley

I really enjoyed this book! I know there are thousands of Dominant rich guy and the gentle shy woman stories about, but this one was actually quite different. There is an underlying story to both characters that you want to find out about, making you keep reading. The chemistry between he characters was undeniable, even though it was only meant to be a one time thing. Its a mistaken identity, secret fling type story and I enjoyed it all. It was well written and it has left me
Cheryl Sanders
Jun 16, 2015 rated it liked it
The dominant side of this gorgeous Italian man started out being very sexy. I wouldn't go as far as saying he was abusive but he was possessive and obsessed. At times I couldn't tell if he was trying to protect her or just keep her hidden for his own purposes. It bothered me that Karen thought that his behavior was okay and kept going back for more. I thought she'd be a stronger woman but it turns out that her strength was business and not relationships.

The story line was good but I found Leo's
Ashley
Jan 30, 2015 rated it liked it
This book started out extremely slow and I almost gave up on it halfway through but then something sparked a bit of interest. I finished it and immediately dove into Part Two because I wanted to know what happened to the characters. I did truly enjoy the characters, especially Wes, and they are well rounded and thought out.

My biggest thing was how long it took to get to the good stuff. I would say it has earned a 3.5 star rating from me. I am intrigued enough to move onto the next book in the s
Kimmie
Feb 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wow someone get me some ice, that was one hot little book. this may be a fast read but OMG was it oh so good. They may be from different worlds but oh how the just goo together. After one night of passions she has never felt before, this will leave Karin wondering what happened and if she wants it to happen again. I am so read for the next book I can not wait to read it.

I hope you enjoy this book as Much as I did.
If you do like this book, please consider leaving a review.
The Authors really like
Patricia
Feb 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
A heated, enticing beginning to what promises to be a erotic new series.
Leo encounters Karin while at the family hotel trying to get the business in order. He mistakes her appearance in his room as a woman his brother Marco has sent up to help relieve some stress and she allows it since she needs a release herself.
The problem is he pushes her limits and she's having trouble facing what it all means.
This ending is sure to draw your curiosity out and have you eagerly awaiting what the author has
Catherine  Wright (Cat's Guilty Pleasure)
What a great start to this serial series. It's exciting and intriguing and will keep you turning the pages to find out just what Karin and Leo will do. Leo is under a lot of pressure to keep his family business together and can't seem to get his brothers in line to help him out. Karin is an intern, but also helps out with the cleaning staff, she has had a rough time and is ready to have a little fun. What happens in this book and what is going to happen in the next one, can't wait to find out.

I
Jessica Call
Feb 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So freaking HOT!!!!!!

Omg! Suzanne Rock has really outdone herself this time! Talk about a seriously amazing first part of a book! Holy mother it was mouthwateringly delicious and will definitely leave you panting...no...begging for more! Part 2 is sure to set your panties on fire! You have so got to read this book! While you are at it get the next 3 parts as well because you won't be able to stop at just one!!
Tammy
Feb 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved it and am looking forward to reading the entire series. Karin is working at the Palazzo trying to finish her internship. The family that owns the hotel is spoiled and nothing but trouble. At least she thinks so until she has an encounter with the Leo, aka the General, the eldest brother who runs the family empire. The story is funny and suspenseful and Leo and Karin are so sexy together. Looking forward to part 2.
Cassie Hess-dean
May 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Leo is almost ready to file bankruptcy and his family isn't helping matters. His brother tells him he needs some down time and offers to send up a woman to take care of him.
Karin works in housekeeping and is helping out since they are short staffed. She gets stuck in Leo's room and is instantly attracted to him. He mistakes her for the woman his brother was talking about. When he realizes who she is, will things end between them?
Read it to find out.
A lifetime New Englander, Suzanne married her college sweetheart and has been with him for over twenty years. Every summer she drags her husband and two daughters to Maine on a quest for the perfect lobster dinner. Every fall she can be found down in Foxboro, Massachusetts cheering on her favorite football team. In between those trips, she’s a chauffeur, a maid, a chef, an event planner, a hairdre ...more

Playboys of Boston (6 books)
  • At His Service (Playboys of Boston, #1)
  • For His Pleasure (Playboys of Boston #2)
  • At His Service: Part 2 (Playboys of Boston #0.2)
  • At His Service: Part 3 (Playboys of Boston #0.3)
  • At His Service: Part 4 (Playboys of Boston #0.4)