Start by marking “Jag (Pandemic Sorrow, #1)” as Want to Read:
Jag (Pandemic Sorrow, #1)

Jag

(Pandemic Sorrow #1)

WARNING: This novel contains explicit language, sexual situations, and is the story of an addict. This material is intended for a mature audience.

"My name's Jag Steele. I’m the lead singer and guitarist to the band Pandemic Sorrow, and I have a drug problem. Well, I mean it's not really a problem – unless you count the fact that I almost made my heart explode from all the
Published September 10th 2014 (first published September 4th 2014)

*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
DNF @ 30%

Going to have to bail on this one! I think this one just wasn't what I was expecting.

At 30% the hero and heroine had barely met.

And up to that point this one was all about the drugs....

....and the random hookups!

I think this was more Jag's life story and less a romance between Jag and Roxy.

And I need romance.
-C-
Sep 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Don’t expect that this is one of the beautiful love story. No, it is a painful story of addicts. Difficult past and coping future.
I had it very hard to read. I was so angry, to Jag and his mother and his brother and friends. I had to put this book down. But at the same time, I could not finish reading it.
Can I recommend you read it? I don’t know. Obviously, you need to be sure that you look forward to this book. I liked it because it was not just a love story.

Jag Steel is a rock star, a sex god
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
Oct 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
description

“Broken?”
“Nah, princess. I’m a shattered fucking mess.”
“You’re my perfectly flawed, shattered fucking mess.”

Jenny: ABSOLUTLEY FLOORED!!!! Here was a rock star book I could really sink my teeth into. A no holds barred, gritty account of the struggles of a flawed hero in a true sex drugs and rock and roll tale. A rock star story that was told with a realism that gripped me from the first page and never let go!

“We’re both just a fucking mess, hug? Chasing after things that’ll kill us.”

Stevie J
Promiscuous Book Blog
Jul 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Wow. Just un-fckn-believable. What a story? The pain and heartbreak in this story went beyond any assumptions I had when I first read the blurb. I thought “rock star with: womanizing, drug, and alcohol abuse problems? That’s been written before, but because I’m half-way addicted to rock star books I’ll give this a shot.” Well Stevie completely proved me wrong, not only did she bring the REAL out of this story, she put the WHOLE book in Jag’s POV, I don’t think I have ever read a story like this ...more
Lindsey Melia
Aug 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was giving an advanced copy of this by Stevie because she is AMAZING! BUT I don't know if I should hug her for been so thoughtful or smack the sh*t outta her for having me all over the place while reading it........

HOLY SMOKES! I am........ I dunno, all over the place after reading this book. I did NOT see all the coming! I have read Stevie's other books and this one couldn't be any more different if it tried. And OMG It was freaking amazing!

Jagger'Jag'Steele. Sweet Jesus that guy is one hot m
Book Fancy
Jul 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
An arc provided in exchange for an honest review

Holy smokes!!! This book is absolutely amazing and I'm so in love with it! Jag is by far the rawest book I've ever read. It's so much more than your everyday rockstar book. It's like a breath of fresh air that's all polluted. The writing is flawless and I was able to connect with the characters and truly felt their pain. It will definitely pull at your heartstrings and your emotions will be all over the place. It opened up my eyes to what it's like
Natalie M
4.5 stars!! It's been a while since I read a rocker book and I'm happy to say Jag was a great read for me. It was definitely different from the other rockstar books as this one is centered around Jag's drug addiction. It was extremely emotional at times and really opened my eyes to what some people go through.

I can honestly say I thought Jag was a big tool for about 30% of this book! Then I started to feel sorry for him, then came anger and finally lots of warm and fuzzy feelings! The author re
TF
Sep 01, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars
Julie B.
Sep 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Wow. Just fucking wow!! This was my first Stevie Cole book and to say I'm floored would be an understatement. I absolutely loved it! The array of emotions felt was insane. My heart broke for the messed up lives Jagger and Roxy had. And all the secrets. It was heartbreaking. Though the horseback riding scenes had me laughing out loud. Even though it wasn't anywhere near smooth sailing, I liked how they leaned on each other to begin to try and heal. I don't want to say too much without giving anyt ...more
Mojo_Mama
Review to come...

There was just TMI overload on the H's sexual proclivities. Ex-girlfriends, OW groupies, socialites, you name it. The band even had waivers on tour the groupies signed for the nightly "suck and fuck" :/

The h was hollow and the H was just a selfish, drug addict manwhore. To the point he was just gross and unlikeable. She had so little character I'm not even going to read her book but I'll read the next...maybe.
Debbie "Buried in Her TBR Pile"
Sep 08, 2014 rated it liked it
Recommended to Debbie "Buried in Her TBR Pile" by: Excerpt in the back of Never Me
3.5 stars - review to come.
========================================================
Just read a sample chapter in the back of another book. I need to read this one soon!
Book Hangover Page
Sep 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Right off the bat I have to say that this is one of those soul gripping tear your heart out and put it back together books! This book had me in tears of sadness and of laughter and triumph for the main man in the book Jagger Steele. I have not read a book like this about addiction in a long time, it grips you from the first sentence and sends you into a tailspin. The way Stevie J. Cole writes this book you experience every bit of suffering that Jagger does.
We also meet miss Roxy in this book and
Vishous
Sep 14, 2014 marked it as currently-paused
buddy read w/ my book sistah Shelly <3
Abby P.Cook
Aug 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I read this book as she was writing it. To tell you the truth I don't know if I'm lucky to say I got the chance to read it as it was written or to say it was pure torture. well... It was pure torture! ! I mean, a slow beautiful torture. She just couldn't write fast enough for me and I devoured this book like a melt in your mouth chocolate truffle. Yummm!!

Stevie has an amazing talent in her writing. She captures her readers and hold them hostage by dangling a hot, mouthy, sexy, Alpha, as$hole, Go
Jeneane
Aug 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Sex Drugs Rock'n Roll. Jag has all of that. Wow. As a reader I didn't know if I was falling in love with Jag or wanted to smack him. Jag is a famous lead singer and guitarist to the band Pandemic Sorrow and has a bad drug problem. He's addicted to drugs, booze, and women. He lives the rockstar life style to the hilt. When he meets Roxie she wants nothing to do with him but he is intrigued. Is this lust at first sight or a challenge because she's not interested like all the other girls he cones a ...more
charlie (charlie & Mel's book reviews)
ARC Copy *

This book blow my mind , it's so dark and twisted and I loved every frigging bit of it.
I haven't read any of Stevie J Coles other books but I will be defiantly will be now.

Jag is such a raw character. He's dark and twisted and totally fucked up but more importantly I found this was a book I could totally see happening in real life.
Life hasn't been good to Jag he has a fucked up family life that has totally screwed him over and with more money than god has apples he likes to forget it
Lost Between the Pages
Sep 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
5 Fantastic Stars
This book is real. This book is raw! But most of all this book was amazing.
Jag has a serious drug problem. Everyone thinks his life is perfect. I mean what's not to love right? He's famous could have any girl he wanted...parties from daylight till dawn. But really all those things aren't worth shit when you have no one.
Roxy is a broken woman with a smart mouth. Everyone she has ever loved is gone. All except her little sister Layla. Layla is a total band whore and all she wan
Sanne Heremans
Sep 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Wow Stevie you rendered me speechless! And trust me when I say it isn't that easy for me to become this way about a book and definitely lately.

You just get one bombshell after the other thrown at you and just when you think everything is sorted, nooooo there goes another one! I do NOT get get surprised easily when reading but this really shocked the everloving crap out of me at times.

This book handles a few really controversial issues that all of us deal with in one way or another, me included.
Steph K
Jul 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to recieve this book as an ARC from the author. I was blown away. It's been a long time since I read a rock star romance, and I wasn't disappointed. The writing is fantastic. I was pulled in immediately, desperate to see what happens to the tormented Jag, rooting for him the whole way. Jag is a disaster, the typical rock god who has succumbed to substance abuse and the luxury of sex with any woman, any time. In addition, he is surrounded by bad influences, and the baggage of a ...more
CDBW
Sep 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-for-review
5 Crazy Ass Stars!!!!

I just love when a book surprises me and that's exactly what this one has done. After reading the blurb, I was a little hesitant about reading but I'm so glad I did! Stevie J. Cole has a wonderful way of weaving the story to captivate and immerse you into Jag's life. I couldn't put the book down. This is my first Stevie J. Cole book and I cannot wait to read more from her!

***To be featured on CDBW's Crazy Ass Must Read Spotlight Sunday Sept. 14th at 12:00 PM EDT***
Mariℓina
Sep 16, 2014 marked it as to-read

Excerpt:

“Well,” she said, “you’re clean now. That’s amazing. You’ve been clean for – how long now?”
Just talking about those drugs had made my mouth water. Every fiber inside my body was twitching, thinking about how good it would feel to just get something in my system. My heart was banging against my chest with anger, with the need for something that would cut the pain of being sober right out of my life.

Forcing a smile so it would appear I really was proud, I said, “Six months.” I knew I was l
Jul 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was given an ARC of this for an honest review. I love Stevie's writing and was hooked on Jag from the start!!
This book is completely different to her last series and was amazing!! This is all about Jagger (Jag) Steele, the Rock God, lead singer of Pandemic Sorrow. He is living the life of a 'typical' rick star, lots of women and lots of drugs!
He has had a lot to deal with in his life, a rubbish Dad, losing his Mum and then his girlfriend breaking up with him just as his band takes off.
He is
Sharon
Sep 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
4 rock addict stars! Jag was an emotional read. It pulls you in to his dark addiction. After many years as a huge rock star, Jag has reached the point where he is a semi-functional drug addict. He spends his days searching for and achieving his high. His go to drug is cocaine, however, he does not discriminate and pills and heroin also make it in the line up. His huge success has brought him fame, fortune and an unfulfilled personal life. He started on the road with Stephanie, a girlfriend that ...more
Rachel Krogen
Sep 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Awesome read! Where is the ten thousand star button at?
This story Deserves more than that!!!
I love this story Stevie brought out the truths to how painful addiction can be..
Jag is a rock God sex God and oh SOO hot!..when he wants something he goes and gets it no matter the cost..
Roxy has lived a hard life she doesn't deal with drugs or people who mess with it and isn't to fond of Jag or his music. She is dragged to the concert by her sister for her sisters birthday where she meets Jag and hate
Gloriana
Sep 14, 2014 rated it liked it
This was an ok read. I thought that the reader had to spend too much time reading about Jag being a complete asshole - chicks and drugs and addiction etc. I know the author wanted to address important themes but I felt that too much time was spent showing the effects of addiction ie him necking loads of pills and too little time on his recovery. Roxie was great but the romance felt rushed - all of a sudden they love each other and everything works out. Basically I just didn't like Jag enough.
Becca Sellers
Sep 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I find it hard to put words to paper...not because the story is that bad but because the story is that deep!

Jag is a drug addict. He needs drugs to go on with his life as a rocker...well to just go on. His life is full of ups and downs...more downs than ups so it seems. He meets Roxy and can't seem to get her out of his mind. The thing with Roxy is that she won't deal with him doing drugs, or even being around them at all.

I've never read a book that's like this. This book shows the dark side to
aksana  -  4 - 8 - 15 - 16 - 23 - 42 -
dnf at 33%

thoughts will come later.. maybe :D
Lorie
Read my review and watch the trailer Sinfully Sexy .

4.5 ‘ADDICTED’ STARS!!!

description

Jag is a testament to the kind of awesomeness that can be made with 26 letters, some punctuation, and one very creative mind!

I have to warn you, this book is little bit addicting... okay a lot addicting… and it’s not for everyone.

“If I accept you as you are, I will make you worse; however if I treat you as though you are what you are capable of becoming, I help you become that.” – Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

Sex, drugs, a
Michelle
Sep 23, 2014 rated it did not like it
Bad boy /rock star. Throw in drug addict for extra flare meets hard ass playing hard to get chick from the wrong side of the tracks. YAWN. She gets pregnant and leaves...no way. That's so different than anything I have ever read. Give me a break. Steam factor, BLAH. Originality, NOT. Seriously can anyone write something worth my time. I want a refund ASAP!! Forget sex on a stick. This was $h!t on a twig!!! Snore.
Marie
Sep 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is a really great book. I didn't warm to Jag in the beginning of the story but as it went on and his character developed i did whilst Roxy i immediately liked. They were both broken and there were many a time when i felt like Jag was gonna mess it all up and felt like shouting at him to stop but of course addiction doesnt work that way. oh! Totally unexpected character introduction towards the end.
YEAR 1 7 Jan 25, 2016 10:36AM
  • Always Rayne (Always Sometimes Never, #1)
  • Unstoppable (Fierce, #2)
  • Over the Hills and Far Away (NOLA's Own, #1)
  • Liquid Regret (Liquid Regret, #1)
  • Cover Me (True North, #1)
  • Metal & Lace (Opposites Attract, #1)
  • Ripping Pages
  • Rocked: Joe and Liss (Rocked #1-3)
  • Inferno (Phoenix Rising Rock Band, #1)
  • Fan Girl (Los Rancheros #1)
  • Razor's Edge (Afflictions, #1)
  • The Legend of Arturo King (Legendary Rock Star, #1)
  • Unexplainable (Unexpected, #2)
  • Everything I Want
  • Death of a Rock Star (The Boy in the Band, #0.5)
  • Tracks (Rock Bottom, #1)
  • Loving a Lush (Lush #2)
  • Anything But Mine (When You're Gone, #1)
Stevie J. Cole likes to write realistic stories with raw, gritty characters you should hate but can't help but to love.

She's obsessed with rock music, loves sloths, and has an unnatural obsession with British accents.

Her books are not recommended for the faint of heart.

Pandemic Sorrow (5 books)
  • Rush (Pandemic Sorrow, #2)
  • Roxy (Pandemic Sorrow, #3)
  • Stone (Pandemic Sorrow, #4)
  • Pandemic Sorrow Series (Jag, Rush, & Roxy 3-in-1)
“Broken?" I laughed. "Nah, princess. I'm a shattered fucking mess.” 8 likes
“I hadn't talked to myself in a while, but then again, I was all alone. I was my only true supporter. And loneliness is a bitch.” 7 likes