Start by marking “The Rules of Life: A Personal Code for Living a Better, Happier, More Successful Life” as Want to Read:

(قواعد ريتشارد تمبلر)

Think about the world’s happiest, most contented, most fulfilled people...

How’d they get that way?

Is it their genes? No. Money? Absolutely not.

It’s about the small choices they make, every day.

Things you can do. Things you can change.

It’s about what they know and you can learn:

The Rules of Life .

Here they are:

100 personal, practical rules for dreaming

Published April 6th 2006 by FT Press (first published November 8th 2005)

Loy Machedo
Feb 18, 2012 rated it liked it
WARNING - SPOILER

My curiosity to read this book was finally administered last night when I decided to read ‘The Rules of Life’ by British Author Richard Templar.

It is divided into the following parts:
(1) Rules for You,
(2) Partnership Rules,
(3) Family and Friends Rules,
(4) Social Rules,
(5) World Rules.

This book isn’t a revelation, it’s a reminder.
It reminds you that the Rules of Life are universal, obvious, simple. Do them, they work”.
As the author best explains: “What you will find is good old-f
Alain Burrese
Aug 08, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: success
The expanded edition of "The Rules of Life: A Personal Code for Living a Better, Happier, More Successful Life" by Richard Templar is a great read for practical, motivational, and inspiring advice on how to live. Templar says if you follow these rules, you'll feel better, you'll be a better friend, partner, and parent, and that you'll leave the world a better place. I think he's right, and this book of rules is a great handbook of how to live, how to treat people, and how to be a better member o ...more
Stephanie Tan
Jan 22, 2014 rated it did not like it
Much of what this book touches on is basic common sense. In one way, it's an okay - although very basic - reminder of behaviors and mindsets most people already have.

I have two main gripes about the book.

1) There are 105 Rules, and they're all over the place. I didn't get much of a sense of connection between these rules, many were similar to others, and just weren't very concise. The book does not really take you anywhere.

2) The tone of the book feels as if the author is speaking down to the re
Kate
Mar 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: self
There was one page that will stick with me as a rule for my life forever now.
Books like this are worth it even if you only take one lesson away.
There's something in here for everyone I am sure.
Velvetink
Jun 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
kindle cloud - this was free and for a self-help motivation how do i live my life book, it was full of good stuff. Highly recommended.
Craig Maxwell
Wow took me nearly a year to get through this.

It’s alright nothing special, if you’ve got good common sense I wouldn’t bother reading this book, it’s really not life changing.
Reda Shokr
Sep 22, 2015 rated it liked it
It is not a revelation, more a reminder!!

Mr. Templar really articulates a realistic guidance to live a quite, fulfilled, and somehow a happy life. It is a perfect book for young people or who are seeking towards success and achieving their dreams. One of the most significant things within the book, being long paragraphed articles! Every subject has only a page and half. Additionally, it is a good book for wise methods to overcome the downs of life.

Enjoy it! Enjoy your life
Candle
Aug 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites

First of all I have to admit that I like the way that Mr Templer presents his thoughts in , it's easy , clear , deep and realistic which gives you a good life style .
This book should leave a great impact on your life , as will as it did to me . There are too many things that's iam really going to change in my own life style ,
There's some of the quotes that I like :

- What is done is done and you need to just get on with your life.
- Change what you can change and let go of the rest.
- Do the r
Alistair Young
Mar 02, 2010 rated it it was ok
I bought this book in Heathrow Airport.

I have no idea why I tend to buy self-help books (or management books, another genre this applies to) in airports, apart from the broadening of standards that tends to apply when facing an eight-hour transatlantic flight, but I do; so it goes. This one, however, I didn't read on the flight - I think I bought quite a few books that time - so here I am coming to it much later.

Unfortunately, while I have found some good and interesting reads in this genre, I c
Hadeer
Jun 12, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2012, my-library
Nothing I don't already know. Personally I'm not a fan of books telling me what to do. Instead I prefer reading studies and observations. Yet, I loved the book, not for the content but for the style. It's so simple and light, catchy and sincere *not pretentious*. And yeah the rules can be a reminder or something of how to deal with the day-to-day situations given that people don't have time to think anymore ! Anyone can read it for a break or something..
*yes 4 stars but I'm not buying the rest o
Donna Henderson
Jan 25, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019-read
I enjoyed this book in the beginning, but as I worked through it, I started to yawn and skim the pages a little. The writing quality was like a conversation one would have in the tavern before those two glasses of wine started streaming through your veins. I think brevity would have worked better in this book. What the author writes, could have easily been condensed into fewer words. May be even the use of bullet-points wouldn't have gone amiss; for those skimming eyes that seem to work wonderfu ...more
Rachel Shepley
Oct 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Really interesting book, now I'm a Rules Player!!!
Nhrò Almadani
Aug 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love that rich book sooo much. Highly recommend it.
Hilal
Apr 22, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is very tricky for my mindset to write a review about in a rational and objective. I know that the writer was able to publish a series of books based on the methodology of his work "Rules of life", but I was only able to appreciate it in the way a child knows that eating his/her vegetables is good for them, but views it as another chore to get done with.
Nora
Sep 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
I'm torn in between giving it a 3 star or 4 star. This is an easy read book, nothing new just a reminder of the rules in life that might have been forgotten.. more of a realization. I enjoyed reading it.
Ali
Aug 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
very good and simple rules, i just read this to pass the time
Zablon
Apr 30, 2019 rated it liked it
Best insight gained is when you lend money don’t expect to get it back. Lend as if you’re giving or else don’t lend at all.
Carrie
Jan 30, 2008 rated it it was ok
Recommended to Carrie by: Picked off the Shelf
John
Nov 05, 2018 rated it it was ok
Not a bad book, but extraordinarily basic and uncontroversial. This book is basically "How to Not Upset the Apple Cart and Uphold the Status Quo like a Good Boy or Girl". It's a tad condescending and basically just a reminder of platitudes you were taught growing up. It depends on your position in society. If you are well-off and stable, this book is great if you just want to take care of yourself. If you are struggling or have any hopes of improving the world for others, this book isn't for you ...more
Alyssandra
This started off promising, but the further I read the more I realized I liked the concept of The Rules of Life: A Personal Code for Living a Better, Happier, and More Successful Kind of Life more than I liked the book itself. The content was alright, but Templar didn't include anything that I, and other readers, haven't already seen. However it was writing, rather than content, that earned this book a two-star rating.

One thing I value is the ability to write concisely, and this book didn't d
Chung Chin
Sep 13, 2013 rated it it was ok
The Rules of Life is a collection of "rules" by Richard Templer on four areas of your life: self, spouse, family (parents and children), and friends. Each of these areas are separated into sections and within each sections, Richard Templar share with readers his observations on what successful people do.

The book has a light-read feel to it; readers who pick up the book should be able to finish it within two to three days. The writing is easy to comprehend but I am slightly annoyed at the frequen
Mai
Sep 15, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, self-help
this book is really Awesome and so inspiring ,all the rules are so practical and from now on i will try to apply them,well,at least some of them that stuck in my head and i like the rule 106 so much ,to be rule player ,you should also add your own rules which you learn everyday from life .we live and learn ,we get inspired ,we make mistakes and learn from them ,we make our own rules that we can modify them anytime or add to them ,all that helps to be a Rule player and to live a better ,happier a ...more
Shekhzad Yousif
Jan 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
The Rules of Life is a book about to control the life, says: Live here. Live now. Live in this moment. The rules divided into four sections as circles. Rules player is the center of the circles, the first circle is Self, the second is partnerships, the third is family and friends, the fourth is social relationships. The rules are definitely good for who seeks toward the principles of life. They help one to build his/her basis life.
Leenh Bahammam
Mar 26, 2014 rated it it was ok
I started reading it and it was really good, it made me think of myself and the things I need to change and those I need to cherish and appreciate. But I could not finish it, because I hated how direct it was, like a book of rules! (Well I should have expected that, that's what the title says anyway :D) for that I couldn't carry on reading it, but it has a lot of value in it and a lot of wisdom and I loved that!
Sara Sherzad
Sep 08, 2018 rated it it was ok
Ok to be honest I couldn't finish the book though everything in it is so beautiful and so true but I don't like such books with millions of topics and really small talks about the importance of each!...I read more than half of it but I just can't get out from it with something amazing , my problem is that it's not a deep book with creative thinking and so (though the author says it's like that from the very start! Appreciate your honesty)...

I think someone else would actually like it.
Joy
Jul 09, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I like this book as much as the The Rules of Love. So easy to read. My favorite rule is Rule 34 -- You'll Never Understand Everything followed by Rule 47 -- You Are Not in Charge. I get the feeling am going to buy more of his books.
Simsim 空
Jan 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I believe it has changed my way of thinking towards a lot of things, can be a new lifestyle and I should read it again at some point later.
I like the writer's way of writing.
Preili Pipar
Sep 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned-book
You may want to read it, but you may also not.
It's up to you ;)
Amr
Jul 09, 2018 added it
Nice but cheesy!

I liked these rules though:
Accept Yourself
Take an Interest in the Outside World
Only Dead Fish Swim with the Stream
Be Your Own Adviser
No Fear, No Surprise, No Hesitation, No Doubt
I Wish I’d Done That—and I Will (THE WORLD IS DIVIDED INTO THOSE WHO LOOK AT OTHERS ENVIOUSLY AND THOSE WHO LOOK AT OTHERS AS A MOTIVATIONAL TOOL.)
Don’t Dwell on the Past
Life Can Be a Bit Like Advertising (YOU’LL NEVER KNOW FROM WHICH BITS OF EFFORT COME THE BEST REWARD.)
You’ll Never Understand Everything
Claude Vertu
Sep 06, 2017 rated it liked it
Not entirely certain how this book became an international bestseller, however, it's still a worthy read. This is a perfect nightstand book for when you're too tired to get into anything deep but still want some inspiration before you drift off to sleep. It's loaded with common sense-most of it you've already heard before-so nothing cutting edge; by no means a ground-breaking tome. Also a great book for your work desk to read a page or two during breaks, to keep you in positive spirits (if you c ...more
كتاب قواعد الحياه 2 12 Jan 15, 2017 05:42AM
koki 3 13 Jun 06, 2011 01:08AM

• The Personal Credibility Factor: How to Get It, Keep It, and Get It Back (If You've Lost It)
  • Retirementology: Rethinking the American Dream in a New Economy
  • 7 Ancient Keys to Happiness: A 90 Day, Lesson-a-Day Guide to Achieving Inner-Bliss
  • In the Line of Fire: How to Handle Tough Questions When It Counts
  • Five Minutes on Mondays: Finding Unexpected Purpose, Peace, and Fulfillment at Work
  • The Truth about Getting the Best from People (Truth about)
  • Live Like You Mean It: The 10 Crucial Questions That Will Help You Clarify Your Purpose / Live Intentionally / Make the Most of the Rest of Your Life
  • Make More, Worry Less: Secrets from 18 Extraordinary People Who Created a Bigger Income and a Better Life
  • The Trivia Lover's Guide to the World: Geography for the Lost and Found
  • Boost Your Memory: Brilliant Ideas You Won't Forget (52 Brilliant Ideas)
  • Meet the Annas
  • Living Rich by Spending Smart: How to Get More of What You Really Want
  • 25 Days to Better Thinking & Better Living: A Guide  for Improving Every Aspect of Your Life
  • 5 of USA's Best Trips
  • 1936... On the Continent
  • Dead Politician Society (Clare Vengel Undercover, #1)
  • The Art of Asking: Ask Better Questions, Get Better Answers
  • The Truth About the New Rules of Business Writing (Truth About Series)
Richard Templar is an astute observer of human behavior and understands what makes the difference between those of us who effortlessly glide towards success and those of us who struggle against the tide. He has distilled these observations into his Rules titles. More than 1 million people around the world have enjoyed and now play by Richard Templar's Rules.

قواعد ريتشارد تمبلر (6 books)
  • The Rules of Work: The Unspoken Truth about Getting Ahead in Business
خصّص لنفسك مساحة قليلة من الوقت كل يوم

يظن معظم الناس
أنهم يحققون ذلك بالفعل،
ولكنهم مخطئون

فهم حتى في الوقت الذي يقضونه وحدهم قلقون بشأن الغير ..
ويفكّرون في الأهل أو الأصدقاء أو الأحباء!

وأنت بذلك لا تمنح نفسك في واقع الأمر أي لحظة خالصة

خصص لنفسك بعض الوقت على أساس يومي ..
10 دقائق فقط، كرّسها لنفسك تمامًا

فأنت القائد لحياتك
وأنت الطاقة الدافعة

إن لم تحصل على هذا الوقت
فهذا يعني أنك لا تحصل على طاقة جديدة،
ومحركك سوف يتعطل، وتتهاوى أنت بالتالي

• ما الذي أفعله في هذا الوقت ؟

الإجابة:
لا شيء بالمرة.. وأعني هذا تمامًا !!

إنه وقت التقاط الأنفاس
وقت الجلوس في صمت
دون عمل أي شيء

لا تقلق .. لا تفكر .. اجلس وحسب
وقدّر نعمة كوْنك على قيد الحياة

=”
41 likes
“Try to see the past as a room separate from the one you live in now. You can go in there, but you don’t live there anymore.” 19 likes