Start by marking “Burn Baby, Burn Baby” as Want to Read:
Burn Baby, Burn Baby

Burn Baby, Burn Baby

Seventeen-year-old Francis Fripp’s confidence is practically non-existent since his abusive father drenched him in accelerant and threw a match at him eight years ago. Now badly scarred, Francis relies on his best friend Trig to protect him from the constant bullying doled out at the hands of his nemesis, Brandon Hayley—the unrelenting boy who gave him the dreaded nickname ...more
Published December 11th 2014 by Curiosity Quills Press

To ask other readers questions about Burn Baby, Burn Baby, please sign up.
Kevin Craig Hi Tracey! Yes it will! My publisher is American, but I've checked and they are on Kobo. Might not be available until the date of release, though. (-:

Shelby *trains flying monkeys*

This is probably going to be a super popular book and of course... I didn't like it.
Frances is a seventeen year old boy who lives with disfiguring scars. His dad abused him often and actually ended up in prison for it. He is bullied mercilessly by the school jock. Thus the nick name of Burn Baby.
I hate bullies (yes, I do know I've been called one a few times) so I thought I would love this book. Because sometimes you just want the Lucy's of the world to get their due.

The thing is with the boo
Paula M. of Her Book Thoughts!
More reviews on my blog: HERE

"A life cannot be compromised of just one of these things. You need elements of everything for a life to truly work, to be truly worthwhile."

This book blew me away. Blew. Me. Away. The fact that this book is a bit shorter than the usual books I read make this book more phenomenal. I have no idea that Burn Baby, Burn Baby will have a huge impact on me.  I admit I am fond of books that deals with Bullying but I have read so many that it kind of hard to read something
Kaitlyn Abshire
I received this book for free from the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for a honest and unbiased review.

Francis has had a very, very hard life. His father abused him as a child and even set Francis on fire until half of his body was burned. Francis is now a teenager and is picked on constantly in school because of his burns. Lucky for him, he has a best friend, Trig, who would tear down anyone he caught trying to hurt Francis.

This book was short. Normally I don’t mind this, but I feel like i
Margaret Lesh
Burn Baby Burn Baby!

I read this book in one night, and I usually don’t do that, but I really wanted to know what happened with main character Francis. And this is the kind of writer Kevin Craig is. He pulls the reader into the story, writing with the right amount of emotion so that you connect with the characters. I pretty much instantly cared about Francis and so desperately wanted his story to have a happy ending. (No spoilers here, though.) He’s a tragic figure who’s had the worst thing happe
sue

WOW was this a good book! I was sat reading this in between doing housework, seeing to hubby whose laid up with a bad back. I really really couldn't put the darn thing down. I know a lot of us reviewers say this, its a cliche! But I read this in one sitting.

We have an abusive Father who threw accelerant over his son [awful] and then lite him up with a match [who could do such an act!, it made me feel evil] His son was 8 years old when this happened. So straight away we could see what Francis had
G. MA
Dec 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Francis Fripp, the self-loathing MC of BURN BABY, BURN BABY by Kevin Craig will singe you. After all, he's dragging along the haunting memories of what his father did to him scarred across his face. Francis sees his life like a movie, panning in and out of scenes as if he's not even there, or maybe just an unimportant prop in the action of his own life. The voice of Francis is spot-on, sarcastic and cynical teen boy. As you keep reading, you'll understand why he's so calloused and hardened.

With
Laurel
Oct 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction
Burn Baby Burn Baby was enticing enough to want to read in one sitting, and for me that is saying a lot. The only other book that has done that for me in the last few months was Eleanor & Park and I'd think getting lumped into a category with that incredible piece of fiction is a good place to be!

BBBB is about a teen boy named Francis who has absolutely zero self-esteem, and only one friend in the world, due to a horribly scarring experience both physically and emotionally. Not only does he
Pavitra (For The Love of Fictional Worlds)
Actual Rating 4.5 Stars

The review is up For The Love of Fictional Worlds :)

This is my second novel from Kevin Craig and I knew that if it was anything like Half Dead and Fully Broken, it would one heart wrenching ride for me and that’s one of the reasons why I took a while to read this one. And therefore I apologise for the delay! (I am a coward when it comes to books breaking my heart!).

Burn Baby Burn Baby, tells the story of Francis, a high school kid with burns on the right side of the b
Shelby Diane
*ARC kindly provided by Curiosity Quills Press, via NetGalley, in exchange for an honest review*

The writing and the wit are wonderful. Overall, I enjoyed the storyline. I also appreciated the peripheral characters; Rachel and Trig. Both were funny, unique, and "real" personality-wise. Francis was also an intriguing character. I admit, I didn't like him as much as I did Trig, but I loved the relationship he shared with his twin brothers; Paul and Simon. In terms of other positives, I also found t
Allison
Feb 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kevin Craig knows how to write teenage boys.

When I was first approved for this book via NetGalley and went to send it to my kindle I was pretty aggravated. It was an Adobe Editions file. I was going to have to sit at my laptop and read this entire book if I was to review this. Then I saw it was only 147 pages and figured I could make it through. I would have sat on a bed of nails with my laptop if Craig was willing to write me 1,000 pages. This book is good.

Each character is well developed and
Dory
I haven’t read the synopsis for Burn Baby. Or maybe I have and it was just so long ago that I forgot about it before I actually started the book. But, judging from the cover and title, even the chapter headers. It looks like a sizzling romance. It mislead me, but I loved where it went nonetheless.

You know what, I’m not the best at analyzing ones writing. I purely judge the writing on how it tells the story, how I was comfortable with it. I must say it worked with the story and POV well and I was
Anna Cole
Dec 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is such a gem that I think adults and teens will both love it. Its main topic is bullying and that is such a huge issue for people today. Tweens and teens (and adults) are both faced with bullying in such intense ways with the advent of technology. Bullying is an epidemic that continues to grow and is a very real issue that effects so many people. I am so glad Kevin Craig used bullying the way he did in this story.
Francis is constantly bullied by certain classmates and the way bullyi
Lady
Mar 18, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Abuse In Many Forms

***This book depicts graphic violence in the form of child abuse and extreme bullying... Not for the feint of heart

This was a story of extremes and the horrible things that happen when bullies are allowed to run rampant. It teaches the dangers of standing by and allowing abuse and bullying. The characters are extremely vivid and relatable as well as being realistic and believable. I really enjoyed this book even when it was making me mildly ill :)

Francis has pretty much always
Rebecca Reddell
Samantha Banik
Jan 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I picked up this book last night around 8:30 pm prepared to read a few chapters before bed, you know, the nightly routine when I am too tired to do much else. Well, I finished it. 11:30pm. I could not put it down. I loved everything about it. The characters are so believable and real that I fell in love with all of them...except maybe Brandon...not so much love there.

I fell so completely into this story that I was there watching everything happen right before my eyes. I cried, I laughed and then
Lori Twining
Sep 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kevin-craig
Today, I have the pleasure of being part of the Burn Baby Blog Tour and sharing my Review of the novel with you. Before I do that, I just want to tell you that I am a huge fan of YA (Young Adult) novels. I'm an avid reader and I read books from every genre, but, I love the YA category the best. In fact, I am also a writer in the same genre, so believe me when I say, "I KNOW MY YA" With that said, I will just blurt out...

Read the rest of the review at: http://www.lvtwriter.com/writing/burn...
Nina Rossing
Jan 01, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015, young-adult
This book was far funnier than anticipated - I laughed often, particularly in the first half. The grittier turn toward the end was nerve-racking, but the voice was consistent, and I found the plot and the characters' reactions to be convincing.
It's a quick read, and though some plot points could have been fleshed out, the characters rang true and the dialogues in particular were good.
Nice way to start the 2015 reading year :)
Nina
Feb 02, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Diese und weitere Rezensionen findet ihr auf www.buchjunkies-blog.de

Seit fast einem Jahrzehnt versucht der 17-jährige Francis nun schon sich unsichtbar zu machen und so wenig wie möglich aufzufallen. Doch leider ist das die meiste Zeit unmöglich, denn egal wo Francis auftaucht, er zieht immer alle Blicke auf sich. Das hat er seinem Vater zu verdanken, der während einem seiner berüchtigten Wutanfälle seinen Sohn mit Brandbeschleuniger übergossen und angezündet hat.
Seitdem lebt Francis mit den B
Kay
Feb 22, 2015 rated it really liked it

A big thank you to NetGalley and Curiosity Quills Press for sending me a digital proof for review.

Pros
-The way in which we open up the book (when we see through the eyes of a director) is very interesting and unique. It is a really great concept and really effective in describing what is going on and who is who.
-The topic of child abuse is handled so well. In this case, it is very extreme and has such a real effect on the reader. Even I, who can handle gore and violence, was shocked and stresse
Char (1RadReader59)
How do you survive the worst moment of your life and still live? Francis Fripp has been trying to figure that out. So far all he has seemed to have managed is the surviving part with the help of his best friend Trig. You see Trig has been there from the beginning back before Francis’ dad committed the worst of his crimes against his own son by burning his whole right side of his body.
The ultimate in meanest parents to the point where he has all these scars and has no right ear to speak of. His
Gabs {My Full Bookshelf Reviews}
I'm not really sure where to start with Burn Baby, Burn Baby. It definitely wasn't my type of book; I'll cut it some slack because trust me, this is not the kind of book I usually like to read. It may have been labeled at YA, but this is definitely more like New Adult. Still, even if it had been a completely YA type of story, I really doubt I would have loved it. There were just too many flaws.

The first thing that really caught my attention while reading is Trig. He was painted to be the ultimat
K.R. Conway
Mar 04, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received this book from the publisher for an unbiased review. Many thanks to Curiosity Quills for the chance to review it.

Burn Baby, Burn Baby is the story of a young man who lives with the constant reminder of his father’s violence, as burned into his skin. I love how this book starts, with the main character, Francis, relating how he would open his own film about his crappy life, if he ever became a director. It was beautifully done and, hands down, is my favorite part of the whole novel.

I l
Whitney- Reader's Candy
I am so surprised that this book isn't getting more attention... It is definitely along the lines of The Fault in Our Stars and those other YA books we all love. While being intense and emotional it also brought romance and charm to the table. I loved the friendships and I swooned over the new romance. It was definitely a 5 star read that I recommend to all readers!

Francis is teen boy with not only physical scarring, but also emotional scarring. He is uncomfortable in his own skin and struggles
Aurora Dimitre
Aug 07, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: august-2015
This was a good book.

It's one of those issue books without being an Issue Book. It's got a definite message and it's got some violence against the main character, but it was well-written and I liked the characters and I liked how it all was done and God this was right up my alley.

I do wish that it was a little longer, though. Maybe it's just because I'm really into long books, but maybe also because some things could've been better developed in a longer book? Like the relationship between Fran
Lori Murray
What an emotional book. When you read a book like Burn Baby,Burn you can't help but cry and be grateful if you have never been in that situation. I loved this book but parts where really hard to read. That somebody that is suppose to love and protect you, is the one you need protection from. I know the world is like this but it's still hard for me to understand such a thing.
I think Francis. Trig, and Rachel, have to be three of my favorite characters. I loved how Trig had Francis back throw out
Cicely Douglas
Feb 18, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Victims of abuse carry many emotional scars. Many tend to have anger and resentment issues, and limit their social behavior to those whom they know they can trust. In the case of Francis Fripp, he has his best friend Tripp, and his younger brothers, Paul and Simon, who he lovingly lumps them together as an entity, referring to the duo as simply Paul Simon. Francis is the underdog, a 17 year old with a shoddy home life, who can barely stand high school, and has no confidence. Aside from emotional ...more
T.M. Corbett
Dec 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I truly enjoyed this book! It was enjoyable quick easy read.
The characters are perfect this author knows how to write characters that are realistic yet likable! You will quickly fall for Frances the main guy of the story. The entire cast was great! I used Cast cause it played out like a TV show in my head when I read it. I really liked this book and I have had to edit this review several times already because of too many spoilers. I couldn't help myself from rambling on about the things I liked
Cheryl
Dec 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Wow! I really loved this book. The main character Frances is instantly so likable and while the "baggage" that makes him who he is as a character is horrifying, it also makes him the amazing character he is. His tendency to turn life's worst moments into a film makes for good reading. His team of supporting friends are perfect; from the ultimate best friend, Trig, to the dream girl Rachel, who can see through the scars to the beautiful boy inside. The bullying that Frances endures is awful and m ...more
G. MA
Sep 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars. Full review coming soon.

The ending was SO FRACKING INTENSE!!

Keri Hunter
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Sound of Silence
  • The Strong One (Plus One Parties, #1)
  • The Brick Yard (The Brick Yard, #1)
  • Finding Grace
  • Dear Adam
  • Promise You'll Look After Him
  • Raider (Norse Saga #1)
  • Joe & Tate
  • The Arms of Winter
  • A Broken Kind of Life
  • Burnout (Jack 'Em Up, #0.5)
  • Cornerstone
  • Goal Line (Harrisburg Railers #6)
  • Grayson
  • Guardian of Eden
  • A Royal Craving (The Royal Series #1)
  • Pierced by Love
  • Bobby Green (Johnnies, #5)
Kevin is the author of six novels: SUMMER ON FIRE (MuseItUp Publishing, 2011),SEBASTIAN'S POET (Musa Publishing, 2012), THE REASONS (Musa Publishing, 2013), BURN BABY BURN BABY (Curiosity Quills Press, 2014), HALF DEAD AND FULLY BROKEN (Curiosity Quills Press, 2015), and, PRIDE MUST BE A PLACE (MuseItUp Publishing, 2018). Novel number 7, I WILL TELL THE NIGHT, will release in 2019.

Kevin is a 5-tim