Start by marking “Hansel, Part One (Hansel, #1)” as Want to Read:
Hansel, Part One (Hansel, #1)

Hansel, Part One (Hansel #1)

3.83  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,973 Ratings  ·  259 Reviews
FROM USA TODAY BESTSELLING AUTHOR ELLA JAMES...

One boy. Mother calls him Hansel.
One girl. Mother named her Gretel.
Locked in little rooms, in the mountainside mansion of a crazy woman.
Until he saws a hole into the wall dividing them.
Then at least, they have each other’s hands.

It doesn’t end well at Mother’s house.
Everything gets…broken.

Ten years later, they meet aga
Published October 20th 2014

To ask other readers questions about Hansel, Part One, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hansel, Part One

Backstage by A.M. MaddenBait by M. MabieSurviving Us by Erin NoelleHandled 2 by Angela  GrahamRowdy by Jay Crownover
Best Romance Books, October 2014
24th out of 50 books — 122 voters
Captive in the Dark by C.J. RobertsSeduced in the Dark by C.J. RobertsComfort Food by Kitty ThomasMercy by Lucian BaneConsequences by Aleatha Romig
Dark Erotica
366th out of 1,047 books — 3,199 voters

More lists with this book...

Christy
Oct 26, 2014 Christy rated it really liked it
Shelves: abuse
4 stars!

photo c929c5bc-b2ca-4935-b00f-f2847a220b1e_zpsc64a536b.jpg

I’m not sure what I was expecting when I started reading Hansel, but it wasn’t this! The direction this story took surprised me, but I liked it!

Leah, or Gretel walks into a club with her two sisters who happen to be her triplets. After ten years of having anxiety issues, things come full force when her past is thrown in her face. Everything about this place is familiar and it takes her back… back to when she was Gretel and she had Hansel.

photo b57edd5d-4da6-4162-9e77-dc63d947e51c_zpsb3822afc.jpg

Their past is messed up. And seeing him is all
Eda** # Dax Lahn's Golden Tigress  #

** 4 STARS **

THAT. WAS. INCREDIBLE!

After Red & Wolfe, Part I and Beast, Part I, I was sure I would love anything that this woman writes! And when I saw the blurb of Hansel, I was like...

And Ella James certainly didn't disappoint me! I am in awe with the extent of her imagination.

Oh and DAMN, this woman can write about sex, people!

Leah McKenzie finds herself in a sex club with her triplet sisters Laura and Lana, because apparently watching a "show of dominance" is the last thing Lana wants
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
 photo Ha1 cover xB by sb_zpscaj498mq.gif

Woohoo! Still FREE on Amazon US as of 12/21/2014.
I am reading next-next-next.

BLURB:
One boy. Mother calls him Hansel.
One girl. Mother named her Gretel.
Locked in little rooms, in the mountainside mansion of a crazy woman.
Until he saws a hole into the wall dividing them.
Then at least, they have each other’s hands.

It doesn’t end well at Mother’s house.
Everything gets…broken.

Ten years later, they meet again in an exclusive Vegas sex club.
Whips.
Chains.
And most of all, a mask.
What happens t
Jess ❈Harbinger of Blood-Soaked Rainbows❈

So I'm doing a little experiment for the month of December. I got a hold of a bunch of kindle freebies over the past several months, ones that look somewhat intriguing or that were recommended to me (like this one) or that have pretty covers. Yes, pretty covers are usually what took over. I am going to read a bunch of them, all from different genres (some I've never really delved into before *cough* new adult *cough cough*) in December just for some light pre-holiday entertainment, but I also wa
Jen
This serial series (not sure that what they are called!!) is part one of a four part series. I can honestly say that Hansel has caught my attention right from the Prologue. I always find it refreshing when I come across an origional story. Seeing as I read so much, it is becoming harder to find unique stories; but so far this one is definitely one I have never come across before.

This is a story about a man and a woman who at one time were held captive in "The House" and their kidnapper was a wom
Sh3lly ✨ Bring on the Weird ✨
Wow. I liked this! I want more!

I have a love/hate relationship with dark romances, but this one worked. It wasn't too dark, so maybe that's why. The main male character is kind of an ass, but it wasn't over the top like I've seen in many dark eroticas.

I don't want to spoil the plot but it involves two people who met each other through a very traumatic experience and then years later, meet again. It's got a trope that I love: hidden identity. One character doesn't realize who the other one is. T
Future-Jess ✮ The Book Eating Dinosaur ✮
Mountain View

Except he's really not.

This was not my thing. I really didn't enjoy the way the story was told. And the motivations behind everything didn't sit well with me. "Hansel" was a giant asshole with no redeeming qualities.

This gets more than one star purely because I liked the hints of sweetness in the backstory.

Will not be reading any more in this series, no thank you.

2 if-she-looks-and-acts-like-leah-she-probably-is-leah-you-fucking- asshole Stars

Another one bites the dust, thanks for the buddy
Karly *The Vampire Ninja & Luminescent Monster*
Category: A book based on a fairy tale(very, very loosely based on a fairy tale, an extremely dark one.)

3 Stars

Ten years ago “Hansel” and Leah met as teenagers, stuck in hell. For ten years Leah has not been able to get Hansel off of her mind, the sweet boy who did his best to ease her anxiety about being stuck in “Mother Goose’s” house of nightmares. Who stroked her hand through a hole in the wall and made up stories for her.

This is definitely a dark erotica. Hansel is not exactly a likeable
Heather *live on coffee and flowers*

Normally I hate serials. Normally I never buy the other installments after the first free one. Normally I wouldn't even care about finishing.

But this ... I LOVED IT. I went in expecting it to be terrible and riddled with errors. But it was surprisingly well-written and I fucking loved it and if there were any errors I've forgiven them. God, I've even forgiven the first person present tense.

I mean, I finished reading this when I was already in bed for the night. And then I got out of bed to write
Kay

This book has been sitting in my tbr for a long time now and I’ve been thinking of reading it and having reservations about it. I guess my only mistake for not reading it sooner was because I happen to forget reading reviews about it when I’m online. But after the chat with the Author, hell, I was happy for my cherry popping!

I didn’t have expectations even if I was told it was dark and twisted. I was just captivated from the moment I started. The mystery of what the characters have endured intri

Ash Reads
Oct 18, 2015 Ash Reads rated it really liked it
Shelves: my-kindle-read
3.5

It was a good start, I think :) I am always intrigued by Ella James and the stories she has created. I read Sloth recently and couldn't get enough. I think I will enjoy this 4 part series just fine :) I only wish it wasn't a 4 parter, and that it was just one book. It'll be a while before I can continue on.

come find me:
www.facebook.com/ReadsAsh
IG: ash.reads Twitter: @ReadsAsh
Maria
Nov 08, 2014 Maria rated it it was amazing
Oh dear, I don't remember liking Hansel and Gretel all that much.
But this Hansel is soooo much better & hotter! ; )

"I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where. I love you simply."
Quote by Pablo Neruda.

5 surprising stars!
Michelle
Mar 01, 2015 Michelle rated it it was amazing
Ella James delivers yet again with a twisted version of her own take on Hansel & Gretel. But this isn’t the fairy tale you remember from your childhood. Hansel is told with a series of present day moments mixed in with flashbacks. Moments that show a young girl being taken, held captive by a woman that collected children as fairy tale characters. The girl that went by Leah, turned into Gretel – living as a broken woman who never stopped looking for her Hansel.

Hansel is all grown now. Now he
Jamie ♡♡ submits to books ♡♡
**** 4 Mother Goose is Naughty Stars ****

This is part 1 of a 4 part series.

Meet Hansel and Gretel......
 photo PicsArt_1441683559963_zpslvaon2s2.jpg

photo PicsArt_09-08-08.56.14_zpsvj50twlo.jpg

Lucas and Leah are abducted by "Mother Goose" and are meant to be Hansel and Gretel. They are held captive in "The House" and are held in separate rooms, but bond thru a whole in the wall. Details are relived thru flash backs as Lucas and Leah are living out their normal lives 10 years later, after Lucas killed "Mother" and they get away.

Lucas and Leah's lives are about to collide once ag
Mariℓina
Jan 12, 2015 Mariℓina rated it really liked it
A weird, nightmarish fairytale. Dark, greedy and at points psychotic.. It demands a piece of you from the very first page..Just great!

I loved the first part of this series and i can't get enough, i have already started the next one.. Yes it was that good. Maybe i found a few flaws, but that doesn't change my opinion. Ella James is clearly a master at what she does.

Taking well-known fairytales and converting them into sinful, mysterious, disturbing and completely new stories, is not uncomplicated
Lelyana

*** 4 mind blowing freaking stars***

Read the first blurb,

My name is Gretel. I’m the dish-washer. The kitchen girl. I’m not one of Mother’s pets. I’m just a storybook girl no one sees. Until that night. When I find him again, and all my dreams come to life.

He’s mine—the one called Hansel. I’ve come here to claim him.

I’m Hansel, a crazy woman’s toy. It’s taken years, but I’ve finally forgotten everything outside my life here in The House. I live for sex and nothing more. Until I see her. Gretel.
Amanda
This one is really good. Thanks to Jen for convincing me to start. On to the next.
❤️ Diana ❤️
Oct 31, 2014 ❤️ Diana ❤️ rated it really liked it
Shelves: buddy-read
3.5 Stars

I like the twisted tale of mother goose and Hansel and Gretel. I'm just curious if this story will have some meat to it. I'm putting my trust in Ms James and will read part two. So more to say after part 2!!
Brendy
Oct 07, 2015 Brendy rated it really liked it
Shelves: bdsm, dark, retelling-ft-s
This is dark and twisted… not so much as some previous stories I’ve read, well; at least not so dark until I’ve read so far.XD
Okay,we have 2 time jumps. One set over ten years ago and the present, and both sets are trying to tell us the deep( obviously) relationship that the main characters share.

So we have Leah, a 25 years old girl, with anxiety and I think some kind of addiction problems( I can’t determine addicted to what exactly, at least not yet) who is going with her sisters(triplets, m
Vivian Jane ✯
4 HANSEL-GRETEL STARS!

GRETEL & HANSEL

I want to be in charge of him. To make him happy. Fix him. Because he's mine.

My Hansel.
What happens when you separate Hansel and Gretel? Hansel becomes an owner of a BDSM club and Gretel is diagnosed of PTSD.
What happens when you reunite them? Sex and love. Twisted, fucked up love and explosive sex with a hint of possessiveness as the past they once shared comes floating back.

It's been ten years and Gretel still dreams of Hansel.
It's been ten long ye
Tiffany Readz
Oct 23, 2014 Tiffany Readz rated it it was amazing
Holy cow what did I just read and where can I get more??? Man, Ella Freaking James can spin a fairy tale like no other. I don't really even know the story of Hansel and Gretel, but who gives an eff after reading this. I devoured the book the second I bought it.

What a twisted way for things to begin for Hansel and Gretel. The story of these two spans over ten years, as we flash back and forth bringing us to the spot where they are today. I am going to review vague as to not spoil any of the stor
Mercedes
Jan 03, 2016 Mercedes rated it really liked it
I read the box set for this series (on KU) Each installment has it's own star rating but not it's own review, you can read my full series review here:

Hulya Kara Yuksel
Sep 09, 2015 Hulya Kara Yuksel rated it really liked it
What the fuck just happened? Shiiiit!

And I think I might need a cold shower!!!

Deanna
Rating: 3.5 / 5 Stars

"Because I'm not a sadist--not just.
Inside, I'm still Hansel. And Hansel is a masochist."
Melanie
Let me preface this review with: Everything sucked until the last 20% of this book.

This story is about two people, who were abducted as kids, finally finding each other after ten years have passed. But that's far too normal, we have to add some twists. How about the kidnapper wanting to be called Mother Goose? How about them being forced to act like Hansel and Gretel? Yeah, crazy shit. I was a little interested in the back story, but this author has such a terrible way of switching back and fort
Karen
Oct 04, 2015 Karen rated it really liked it
Shelves: four-star-reads
Original is one word to describe this book. I've never read anything like it. I had no idea how the author was going to incorporate an erotic story from a popular fairy tale.
The story was a little confusing at first. I was beginning to feel like "Alice in Wonderland" however it didn't take long for everything to start making sense. To my surprise I started to enjoy this modern day take about Hansel and Gretel.
Leah and Edgar are captured as children and held captive. The story goes back and for
↜ƈɦǟռ☂ɛℓℓɛ↝
 photo Hh0IG.gif
WHAT IN THE UNHOLY FUCK DID I JUST READ?!?!?!?!

When
 photo mother-goose-on-the-loose.jpg
there is trouble in the air.
 photo 9f9eb2bd38c27ea3c48df45b62665aed.jpg.gif
Sugar high Gretel is nowhere to found. However if you could see in the room next door..... You'd find your brother Hansel with his matching room.
And to the other side you'd find Sleeping Beauty. Rapunzel calls across the hall home. And let's not forget Little Red Riding Hood with her perfect auburn hair and Little Boy Blue, who's really not so small. Snow White is gone, but don't worry we'll replace her soon.

When
Kim B
Leave it to Ella James to start off an erotic fairytale with such a BIG bang!

Holy sh*t! I was not expecting this kind of incredibly dark storyline ... But I'm intrigued & can't wait for the next one.
L.E. Chamberlin
Nov 14, 2014 L.E. Chamberlin rated it really liked it
Review to follow.
Bargain Basement: $10 Amazon Gift Card & (3) ecopies of the Hansel Box Set 1 4 Aug 26, 2015 09:21AM
Should I take on another Fairytale Fantasy? 2 15 Jan 09, 2015 01:03PM
  • Gunnin' For Love (The Cowboy Gangster, #2)
  • Use (Songs of Perdition, #2)
  • Block (Social Media, #3)
  • My Masters' Nightmare Season 1, Ep. 1 "Taken" (My Masters' Nightmare, #1)
  • Vanquish (Deliver, #2)
  • Crazy
  • Camouflage (Predator and Prey, #1)
  • Princess of Lust (For the Love of Evil, #2)
  • Hope Restrained (The Estate, #2)
  • Make Me Yours Evermore (Pierced Hearts, #3)
  • Ultimatum (The Devil's Kiss, #1.1)
Ella James is the USA Today bestselling author of fifteen teen and adult love stories. She's an angst-a-holic who loves exploring difficult situations and the emotions of the people caught up in them. Also, smut. But always, always romance.

Ella's obsessions include vanilla cream soda, hiking, other obscure, crunchy stuff like rock collecting, and the antics of her 2.5 little monsters. (Monsters 1
More about Ella James...

Hansel (4 books)
  • Hansel, Part Two (Hansel, #2)
  • Hansel, Part Three (Hansel, #3)
  • Hansel, Part Four (Hansel, #4)