Start by marking “Under the Burning Stars (Elemental Enchanters #2)” as Want to Read:
Under the Burning Stars (Elemental Enchanters #2)

Under the Burning Stars

(Elemental Enchanters #2)

Everyone said it was over. But Ava knew it was just the beginning.

After risking everything and beating the odds to be with the love of her life, Peter, life should be good for Ava. Far from it. An altercation with the humans has left him struggling with his new life as an Enchanter, and Ava can feel him slipping away. Nightmares of her mother's murder haunt her
Published July 21st 2014

To ask other readers questions about Under the Burning Stars, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Under the Burning Stars

Paige
Jun 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
*Though I received a pre-release review copy of this book for review, I purchased my own Kindle copy. Either way, this in no way affects my thoughts as expressed in this review.*

So, after reading the first book in this series I could not wait to read more! I just knew there was more to the story and was looking forward to seeing where Ava's journey would take us next.

This book, I have to say, was even better than the first. I was pretty busy around the time I read this, or I would h
Jackie Fire and Ice Book Reviews (blog)
Carrigan Richards has done it again. She has created another book in this awesome series. After reading Under A Blood Moon I picked this book up right away. And I really enjoyed every moment of it.

I love the relationship between Ava and Gabe. He is an awesome friend to Ava. He is so caring and protective of Ava. I enjoyed getting to know him right along with Ava. I really love his personality.

I feel really bad for Peter. He really struggled in this book. I am curious to see what is
Kaitlyn Higginbotham
Loved this sequel!!! It picked up where the last one left off. It did not leave any question as to what happened between the books. I was so happy that as you read you met more and more of the coven and learned more about them. I absolutely loved the training scene between Ava and Natalia!Made her respect Ava a little bit more. UTBS was full of surprises and twists that keep you glued to this book. This was an exceptional sequel and I cant wait to read the next one!!
Marisa Oldham
Jun 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: love-my-job
*** I was fortunate enough to receive a free ARC copy of Under the Burning Stars from the author, in exchange for my honest review. ***

Let me start by saying, I don't like paranormal. It's not my favorite genre and I think since Twilight, it's been way overdone. If I have to read about one more vampire or werewolf, I think I might scream. This book is not about vampires or werewolves! It earned a star from me just for that alone. I find that this is, just like Under a Blood Moon, a r
Lisa
Aug 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

I am a fan of the "Elemental Enchanters". Carrigan Richards has created a paranormal series that is totally off the "well-beaten" path currently being traveled by most authors of the genre. "Under the Burning Stars" carries on the story of Ava and the other elementals without missing a beat.
I found myself becoming lost in the story, literally on the edge at times, as I continued to follow Ava - watching as she matured in her
powers and in herself - she comes to realize more of who she is and wh
Ann Schwarz
Oct 01, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: young-adult
See full review on my blog at: http://annschwarzwriter4kidults.blogs...

So far, Carrigan Richards has kept the momentum going in her Elemental Enchanters series with her second book Under the Burning Stars. In fact, I was pleased to find the conflict for the main character much less angsty than in the first book, making this sequel, in my opinion, stronger than the first book.

Ava Hannigan seems to finally be settling into her life as an Enchanter. Even better she has the boy she loves, Peter, by her side ready to j
Chase
Sep 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
Keep forgetting to post this review! Hard to put your thoughts about books into words, you know?

I really liked this follow-up to the first book in the Elemental Enchanters series. It seems like everyone else thinks things are all fine but Ava has a feeling that there is still something going on, not wanting to give spoilers away, but I'm pretty sure Ava was the right person in this situation, haha.

I liked being able to see some of the members of the extended coven in a new light in
Sarah Ann
Sep 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This was a fantastic read! Under the Burning Stars is a story about love, friendship, family, trust and finding your own destiny. I really loved how the story picked up right where Under a Blood Moon left off. This way I didn't feel like I missed something between books. I enjoyed seeing Ava and Peter's relationship blossom and even the trials they encountered along the way. I also enjoyed getting to know more about Gabriel (one of my favorite characters) and seeing a friendship grow between him ...more
The Good Fairy Nicci
It's nice to read a book that isn't about bare chested vampires and werewolves in the YA genre. Awesome cast of characters and I was glad to see my favorite magical teens back again. This story earned 5 stars from me because I can see the author's remarkable improvement in both writing style and story telling! This is a definite must read of anyone who wants a fresh spin on wizards, mages, and spellcasters.

Received in exchange for my honest review.
Chandra
Jul 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Even better than the first book in this series! I may be a bit biased because I helped edit an early draft of this book, but honestly, the book didn't need many revisions. I love the character development in this book and the plot kept me interested in knowing what would happen. The author has a unique, descriptive, and recognizable writing style and I look forward to reading more in this series!
Cora Murray
Oct 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book starts off where Under a Bloon Moon left off. Carrigan Richards takes you on a ride with her characters. I love them all but my favorite will always be Gabriel, he's hot and he can slow time. Ava faces the same struggles with her friends no one wants to accept her relationship. All of the characters are unique and have their own way about them..
I love this book it is so amazing, I recommend all of Carrigan's books to all of my friends.
Sharon Absher
Mar 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I bought this book after reading the first one and am still hooked. Ava should be happy she finally has Peter her human love but she still finds herself having dreams of her mothers death and on top of it all Peter is having trouble adjusting to being a Enchanter. When Ava fears that the war isn't over can she get everyone to believe her or will they turn their backs on her this is what you will have to read to find out. This book will have you up all night so be prepared for a night without sle ...more
Blythe
May 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
I definitely feel that this book was stronger than the last. There was more action, which I loved. Other than some minor character issues, I really enjoyed this book. I particularly felt that both Gabriel and Colden were interesting characters. On to the next part!
Tiffany Blake
Ana Solorzano
Aug 28, 2015
Glenn Kvelland
Aug 09, 2016
Carrigan Richards
Apr 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Bubbles
Adylure
Bacsa
Daryl Moad
May 07, 2014

• Timeslider (The First Timeslider Cat Novel)
  • Watching Charlotte Brontë Die: and other surreal stories
  • Soul Deep
  • Friends 2 Lovers: The Unthinkable (Volume 1)
  • The Blood (The Stone's Blade, #1)
  • Choices
  • Farangi Girl  Growing Up in Iran: A Daughter's Story
  • Cowgirl Down (Redneck Debutante)
  • Winner - Book One: The Awakening
  • the mortis
  • The Tottering Trilogy (The Complete Collection)
  • The Dream of Your Heart
  • Craving (Talisman Book 2)
  • Impact Velocity (The Physics of Falling, #3)
  • Laika in Lisan
  • Hidden Beneath (Into the Deep, #2)
  • Her Last Assassin (Lucy Morgan, #3)
  • The Statue of Ku (Moa, #2)
Carrigan was born in Cullman, Alabama, but grew up in Birmingham, and moved to Atlanta at 18. She earned her BA in English at Kennesaw State University. For as long as she can remember, she was always making up stories and characters inside her head, sometimes using her dolls to act out the scenes.

When she's not writing (which is rare), she's spending time with her family and friends,

Elemental Enchanters (4 books)
  • Under a Blood Moon (Elemental Enchanters #1)
  • When Darkness Fell (Elemental Enchanters, # 2.5)
  • Under the Winter Sun (Elemental Enchanters #3)