Start by marking “Last Woman 2” as Want to Read:
Last Woman 2

Last Woman 2

(Last Woman #2)

After losing her entire family in a tragic accident, Faye Wills follows a path of depression and alcohol abuse in an attempt to bury her pain. Her course of self-destruction places her in an alcohol induced coma. When she wakes, she discovers the world was besieged by a virus and she was left for dead on top of a mound of bodies in a football stadium.

The world is a barre
Published September 12th 2014

To ask other readers questions about Last Woman 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Last Woman 2

Start your review of Last Woman 2
Ian
I can't remember if I rated book one 4 Stars or 5 Stars.
Whatever it was I loved it.
And this book is a disaster.
It's preachy.
I mean 90% of humans are dead and we are told that prayers work because the parents of 2 boys must have prayed they would survive. Seriously?
That's just one cringeworthy moment in a book that is full of them.
I really loved book one and for that reason alone I finished this book but honestly I shouldn't have.
One, maybe two stars.
Barbara "Cookie" Serfaty Williams
The Last Woman 2

The continuous story of Faye and Dodge. The rules of life has change. Faye maybe the last woman in the US. Can Dodge keep her save? Or will the barcode the world take her? Ok story.
Dkolacinski
Mar 08, 2017 rated it liked it
Life goes on

Much weaker than part one and doesn't really stand alone. Lots of tying up loose ends and deus ex machina. Should have been part of book, but that would have made the first part more artificial.
richard libey
Feb 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Last Woman 2 by J Durga

Good story line and very well written. Enjoyed reading and will continue to look for more works by Jacqueline Durga.
Keather Thompson
Feb 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am a fan of this author but The Last Woman and The Last Woman 2 are the very best of them. The characters are so real, with flaws like we all have. Faye lost her husband and children in a terrible car accident just three months before a flu pandemic wipes out most of humanity. Faye was drowning her sorrows in alcohol when she contracted the flu. The next thing she is aware of is waking up and hearing she had the flu and then she lost consciousness again. When she next awakes she is in a pile o ...more
May 08, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Book 2 the author decides to write chapters based on w,hose point of view it is. Faye continues her journey along, but doesn't seem to have a backbone, relying on strong men to bail her out of situations. Her little "family" are jumped by a group of marauding mountain men. The US military unit, who is also tracking her down intervene. But not before Dodge is injured and Tyler is stabbed.
She and Tyler (Dodge's son) are flown to Com Camp in the Panhandle area of Florida. This is the government c
Curt
Sep 11, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
After reading The Last Women 1 (my first book from this author) I was impressed enough to go onto book 2. The book picks up right after book 1 and the group decides to move south where there is a survival camp. But they need to move quickly because government military are looking for the last women in hopes of repopulating the human race.

Naturally, on the way they get attacked (view spoiler)
Shelly
Feb 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read!

I am definitely partial to post apocalyptic stories, but this became a favorite. The characters are interesting and multi-faceted. I loved that they weren’t portrayed in a black and white, good or bad manner. We all have elements of light and darkness within us. I loved the community they ended up in. I personally was convinced it was going to be a scary cult at first, but was so happy to see that the monks were not trying to impose their beliefs on the others. They lived their faith
Brian
Feb 07, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: finished
Not as good as the first book “The Last Woman, 1”

For me the book moved slowly given that the principle characters often gave the same description of an event but from their prospective. A lot of duplication and time drag. A principle character was not well developed though he was instrumental to the main characters’ survival. The ending of the book was anticlimactic, disjointed by the division of time during which many trials and tribulations were glossed over and wrapped up in mere paragraphs t
Margaret Boyd
Feb 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent reading!

From the moment you discover Faye you’re hooked! The story is captivating. There are many similar story lines out there but what makes this book different are the characters. They bring you into their story and don’t let you go.When I finished the first book I had to buy the second book immediately! This book will stay with you long after you’re done because you think, could it happen to us? Buy these books, you won’t regret it!
D. E.
May 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A JD. SYFY. Novel (TLW. - 2)/,A New World

JD. has. penned the second novel of the Last Woman Duo, which begins with a solidifying of relationships and other avenues of work to make a successful season. The last Doctor of the new
Town has taken the lack of woman and is working with the last woman and impregnating her with female egg cells. They are successful and then they locate a place with surviving women.....This is an excellent read diverge genre.....DEHS
Kathy
Feb 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved the first but there was so much more in this last book. Still loving Dodge. He is truly awesome. You walk away feeling like you knew him. There was tears in parts of the story. Which was great for me. Makes the characters real.
I think the scary part of a lot of the authors books are the “it” could really happen. That is terrifying. Especially with the coronavirus.
Grab both books and enjoy.
Julianne G Cockey
No zombies! Good

I enjoyed and was entertained by this well written book. I read The Last Woman in one day and the sequel the next.
Smooth reading with no jump out scary parts. I'm a Disney fan so horror doesn't work for me. The author does write horror stories, but this one only had a few survival scenes.
Lacy
May 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: abc-authors
This is the last of a two-part story. It begins with a nice, brief recounting of the previous book, so it can stand alone. It by no means replaces the first book, though. I recommend both!

Faye and her new family encounter troubles because she is the last woman.

Clean language, chaste romance, some blood and death.
Crystal
Jun 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this series, especially with a female as the main character. It had a good story line with well-written characters. It was definitely gory and stomach-turning. I appreciated that there weren't much foul language or gratuitous scenes. There were a variety of scenarios covered that show both the weaknesses and strengths. Overall, I liked the series. ...more
Jan
Nov 19, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
After reading the first book, I had to get the second book. Still good reading, and I still struggled a little with Faye. Dodge is a great character and he does his best to protect Faye, but she has this subtle determination to take care of herself. And it's just a little irritating. Still, an exciting read. ...more
Pam Shelton-Anderson
Good second book to a very good series. There are a few editing issues but tolerable. I felt like this wrapped up very quickly and seemed odd that she was just allowed to leave. Still an excellent tale.
Tina
Apr 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great series

The main character went through a metamorphosis that was interesting to watch. I was rooting for her to find her way in the world. Enjoyable read from beginning to end.
gloria marquardt
Feb 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not as good as the first but very satisfying in the end.

Not my favorite format but necessary to the story, The attack on com command was not realistic . The rebels would have been killed trying to storm the gates. The end was great. They tied off the loose ends in a good way.
Barbara Dunbar
Feb 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Last woman two

I agree with a previous reviewer that this part one and two should have been one book. Having said that I again found the characters great if a little black and white.
shirley gillespie
Wow! Hope springs eternal.

Loved this series and so happy that humanity goes on after all. What a burden knowing you are the only woman left. I was troubled by one thing though. Was it because Faye was drunk that she suevived?
David A Noble
Mar 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well written. Good story. Believable story.

!!!!!!!:-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) : -) :-) :-) :-) :-)v :- ) :-) :-) :-) :- ) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-\ :-) :-) :-) :- ) :-) :-\ :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)
Tonya Love
Mar 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Both Books Rock!!

These books are excellent stories. Even for people who aren't fans of apocalypse fiction. Anyone who enjoys great characters and marvelous stories should read these books. I hope to find and read more of Druga's work.
Laurie C.
Jun 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Last Woman #2

A great continuation of book 1, every page brought exactly the whole series together. Loved this story, the characters and the idea for the end of the world's people, was one that was original. Great storytelling Ms. Druga!
MsDawn Burton
Aug 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved both books in this series!

Tons of action, suspense n love in these 2 books. I read both back to back. I really would like a book three n would have loved more details about the end of book. AWESOME
Jay Ward
Jan 27, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Something special

Out of the ashes of a world destroyed some follow a true path to try & save humanity. While other lost souls just want to see the entire world burn, survivors included. The Last Woman is truly something special indeed. In the end there is purple soap for all.
Teresa R.Fieck
Feb 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good

This was a different spin Faye being the lady woman to service the virus.It keeps you guessing through out the book. What would happen .
Marisa Thompson
Jan 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love this!

What an amazing book! The concept of this book is not something I've encountered before in other books of the genre and it was refreshing and well written. Great job!
Wendy Plumacher
Feb 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love having closure

Read book 1 and was left wanting more. Had to buy book 2. Now I have closure. Liked the main character better. Good book.
Joanne
Feb 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hard to put down

Very good writing. This book pulls you in and makes you care about all the characters. I couldn’t this book or book one down.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Overfall (Broken Tide #1)
  • The Drowned (Deluge #1)
  • The Farm Book 2 : Behind The Curve (Behind The Curve - The Farm)
  • Fractured Coast (Broken Tide Book 2)
  • The Farm Book 1: Behind The Curve (Behind The Curve - The Farm)
  • Shut In (Isolation #1)
  • Phage (Deluge #2)
  • Lights Out (Surviving the EMP #1)
  • End of Summer (Seasons of Man #1)
  • A World Slowed: The Jared Chronicles
  • Storm Warning (Tertiary Effects Book 2)
  • The Lucky Prepper: A Gardener's Story of Surviving a Pandemic
  • All That Remains (Lone Survivor, #1)
  • Impact (Cloverdale #1)
  • Dead South (Dead South #1)
  • Melt (Melt, #1)
  • Spore (Spore #1)
  • DRYP: The Final Pandemic (DRYP Trilogy #1)

Last Woman (2 books)