Start by marking “More Than Words” as Want to Read:
More Than Words

More Than Words

Published October 24th 2014 (first published October 23rd 2014)

To ask other readers questions about More Than Words, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about More Than Words

Start your review of More Than Words
Pam
Oct 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
3.5 shortie stars
"Welcome to The Art of Seduction."

"I thought this was Sex Positions 101"

Kira Simion
Mar 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Still too short, but I enjoyed this more than Here All Along! So cute!

Also the cover is okay, but I recommend changing the font or maybe the picture. (My opinion).
Lilly Avalon
Sep 12, 2014 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Hello my lovelies!

I'm super ecstatic to share More Than Words with you (release date October 24th!). The story idea had been a long time coming, but I somehow couldn't stop the inspiration and, well... Here I am with a little novella about Dana Darling and Landon Sinclair, the writing partners-in-crime turned something more.

What can you expect to find between the pages?

Well... you'll see a combination of this...

description

...and this...

description

*fans self*

Hope you enjoy this little story!

XOXO,
Lilly Avalon
Mandy
HOT! HOT! HOT! I love this novella - it is perfection! Dana and Landon are both writers. Dana needs help writing erotica and has only ever had sex in the missionary position. She asks her writing friend Landon for his help. This was incredibly sexy and was a really good story. This is how a standalone novella should be written - a short, complete story that leaves the reader satisfied. I loved this and highly recommend this to anyone who is looking for a sexy, hot, short story! Fantastic!!!!

**AR
Vanessa
Sexy, short story! Full review to come with my tour date...
Keep Calm Novel On
Oct 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
*I received a copy of the ARC from the author in exchange for an honest review.*

Dana Darling and Landon Sinclair are writing buddies. Their friendship feels so real and natural. When Dana is asked to write an erotic fiction she is at a loss. Her inexperience may halt this professional opportunity. Landon agrees to become her ‘research’ buddy. Will this be one night of research or will it become more? It truly is a fun, flirty and sexy novella. Wonder what is next for Dana and Landon? Can’t wait
Oct 25, 2014 marked it as did-not-finish
This review was originally posted on One Curvy Blogger
More Than Words turned out to be one of those short stories that drew me because of the theme, rather than the real writing. I’m not sure why, but I’m a huge fan of romance novels featuring writers, so I tend to greedily grab them up and beat myself up afterward or (jump for joy, depending on how it went. Duh). Unfortunately, this book really did nothing for me, besides put me in a reading funk. It’s a short story of 49 pages, and yet I coul
Dirty Dayna
Oct 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
ARC provided via Netgalley and the publisher for an honest review.
3.75 Please God lets do this forever position stars
I have been in love with the writings of Lilly since well shoot her very first book. This is my 3rd book by her and my 2nd favorite (Resist won me over) .

This story is about Dana who is a talented writer but is tasked to write a little erotica to fill in for a writer. Before the story Dana has only been with 2 men and only in the missionary position. She asks her friend for less
Colee Porter
Oct 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This was a short sensual novella. That shows how the simple act of doing touching and dirty words can bring two people.

Dana is a clean writer that is has been tasked to write some smutty romance. Dana is worried about this request because she writes what she knows, and clean romance is all she knows.

The inability to have hot, orgasmic sex is Dana, 100%. This is not all her fault, 98% of this is due to the partners she has had. To write this book, she will need a teacher and get educated on the
Catherine
Nov 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Dana Darling is known for her clean sweet romances so when her editor asks her to write an erotica for double the pay she accepts, but she needs help with the sex scenes cause she only had bad experience in missionary and nothing else. So she asks her friend, Landon, to help her learn the other positions for her book. What started out as research quickly turned to more when hidden feelings came out, however when the night was over and she woke up the next morning, she was alone. Now she finished ...more
DJ Sakata
Oct 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
My Rating:

4.5

Favorite Quotes:

Landon is the iconic boy from next door. The one that you rode your bike around the neighborhood with. Stopping periodically for the ice cream truck and scrounging up all the change in your pockets to split a Popsicle.

So you’re asking me to be your pretend sex partner with clothes on.

My eyes close, and a sound I’ve never heard before comes out of my mouth. It’s like a cross between a squeal and a moan. It’s very primal and unlike me.

Everything I’m feeling unravels li
2kasmom
Nov 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Dana is already known for her pure, clean romance writing. In this book, her publisher kicks it up a notch - asking her to save them by writing a hotter, sexier book!

Dana is stumped and dazed at the same time. She is grateful for the opportunity, but sad she does not have enough experience to fulfill the challenge.

When her publisher will not take no for an answer....what's a writer to do? Call in another writer, that's who. Dana's writing buddy Landon comes riding to her rescue.

The research they
Marie
More Than Words is hands down my favourite of Lilly Avalon’s books. It’s laugh-out-loud funny, cute, and sexy.

Dana had a great voice - very funny and fresh. Landon…oh Landon. Can I have you please? He was so sweet and swoony, and let’s just say I wouldn’t mind having a lesson or two from him. ;-) These two had great chemistry; the build up and anticipation was SO hot and had me flipping the pages of my Kindle as quickly as I could.

A lot of times with novellas, you’re left wanting more, but I was
Heather
Oct 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
*I received this arc from the author in exchange for my honest review*

I knew when I was given this arc of More Than Words that I was in store for a sweet, sexy, romantic ride. I love the way Lilly Avalon writes. When you can make two completely different people fall in love so perfectly, you know you're reading something amazing. I enjoyed the idea of a erotica novelist trying to write something she has no clue about! When she gets hot Landon to simply "show" her some dirty (in a good way) moves
Barbara
Sep 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
More Than Words by Lilly Avalon is absolutely wonderful. It has everything you could want in a novella. It was well written and very enjoyable, the characters are likable and the sex is hot. Dana and Landon are both so sweet I fell in love with both of them immediately. Lilly Avalon knows her romance and I can't wait to read more from this author.
XxTainaxX Curvy and Nerdy
Oct 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I'm not a huge novella fan because I don't enjoy the feeling of getting started and being left incomplete but this story does not do that. Dana and Landon have a chemistry that was just perfect. I love how the story unravels and how complete it felt, despite the fact that it's a novella. I totally a fan of this author and this "taste" was just what I needed.
Tami
Oct 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: avalon-lilly
This is my review of Lilly Avalon's hot novella More Than Words. This is a spectacular read!! It was funny and so sweet at the end. And omg hot...I'm still looking for cigarettes I don't have. This story is awesome! I want a Landon now *pouts*.
Dragonglimer
Oct 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: pre-read-arc
well apparently I forgot to review this book! I think that it was very well written. The sex scenes were awsome. This is an author I will read everytime and I DEFINETLY recommend her books..
~ Cariad ~
Jul 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Okay, so I'm clearly going soft in the head!!

This should probably be a 3 as it isn't long enough - but what it did, it did well, so giving it that 4th star!
Holly Price
Oct 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014-read
This was a steamy short story that just whets your appetite for the rest of the series.

Dana Darling is a contemporary romance writer, but her writing is PG at most. She writes amazing romances, but the sex in her stories is absent. When her publisher tells her that she has to write an erotic romance, she reluctantly agrees. The kicker is that she has to get it written in 2 weeks and she has little experience in the bedroom. A friend suggests that she ask a friend to teach her the ropes, but Dana
Spunky N Sassy
Oct 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
~~~Kims Review~~~

I received an ARC of this novel to read for an honest review.

Meet Dana Darling 'clean' romance writer, as she meets her biggest book challenge yet... To write a steamy romance!

I felt so bad for poor Dana she has little experience when it comes to expertise in the bedroom. Now we meet the hero in this Novella, Landon with the sexy body and eyes. Landon is a fellow writer and a good friend to Dana. He decides to help her out with a personal sex positions 101 class. I loved this st
Lisa F
Oct 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, r2r, adults
first things first I love the title to this book and once reading it, there couldn't be a more suitable title.

This is a hot sweet romantic novella.
we have sweet little Dana darling who writes sweet little romance stories, one day she gets a call from Jamie at the publishing house calling her in. It's an emergency. one of the authors has missed the deadline and has quit they need someone to ghost write and who better than the talented Dana darling, oh there's a catch it's not a sweet romance it's
Marlene W
Oct 18, 2014 rated it really liked it

My short synopsis:

Dana is a writer that is given an assignment to write about a subject that she doesn’t have very much knowledge of…SEX! She is not a virgin, but she may as well be with the limited experience she has. With Landon, she finally understands what she has been missing out on all along.

Landon is Dana’s writing buddy. It doesn’t take him very long to agree to help her with her research. What starts off as a somewhat innocent lesson, quickly becomes much more. With his passionate touc
Abby
Oct 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
**Received a copy from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.**

"More than Words" is a novella written by Lilly Avalon, and it can be read as a stand-alone story. It features writing buddies. Dana Darling and Landon Sinclair.

Dana is a romance writer. She is given the opportunity by her publisher to write a manuscript under the name of Juliet Oliver after the previous ghostwriter quits. There's just one problem. Dana is not that experienced when it comes to sex. She's had 2 boyfriends, but sh
Angie
Jan 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Synopsis: "All of her friends know her as Dana Darling, the clean romance writer. She's never written a steamy novel, not even in her head, but now her publisher needs her to write one. It doesn't appear too difficult at first, but then Dana's lack of sexual knowledge creates writer's block.

That's where her friend Landon comes in. She needs pointers on positions and dirty talk, and he owes her a favor. They agree that it's strictly business and clothes are mandatory, but once they get to work, i
Jennifer Schultheis
Oct 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
More Than Words, gave me a quick, satisfying read that wasn't full of unnecessary scenes or fillers, which are only there to add to the word count. This novella is full of sexy times and sweet words, that will have you smiling from ear to ear. Of course, some of the scenes will leave you with more of a dirty smile, than anything, but hey, a smile is still a smile.

This tempting book, revolves around Dana and Landon. Both are writers and both consider each other a good friend. Dana normally write
Tali
Oct 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
A free copy of this book was provided by NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
More Than Words is the story of Dana, a romance writer, whose writing skill is put to the test when her editor requires her to ghost write an erotic story. Having only had boring boyfriends and bedroom experiences before, she recruits her friend and fellow writer, Landon, to help widen her experience and really give her something to write about.
This was a fairly good, easy read. I quite liked Dana as a character
JG
A short but entertaining novella about a young, up and coming writer who needs to do research of the sexual kind. And who better to help than your fellow writer and critique partner? So More Than Words was a surprisingly good story despite the length (although this is going to be done into a series). Dana and Landon had the friendship vibe going on really well when Dana finds herself in the position of having to write something out of her comfort zone, namely sex in different positions and with ...more
Leeanna
Nov 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: e-book, arcs, for-review
MORE THAN WORDS is a perfect combination of cute and sexy. When I first started reading, I didn’t want to stop, and I would have finished it in one night if I wasn’t exhausted.

Using “research” as a way to further the connection between Dana and Landon is such a good way to set up their relationship and make the ending (and events between the beginning and end) believable. I really liked that Landon was so caring, and that he wanted Dana to have good experiences. I don’t usually swoon when readi
Rachel BookJunky Author Services
I received a free copy of More Than Words for an honest review. 4.0 Stars

This was a nice spin for a book. Dana Darling is a published author and asked to finish an erotica story that was already started by another. She whips through the story, the only problem being that she doesn't know how to write sexily. Heck she's never even really had a sexy relationship!
So after a week of not knowing what the heck to do she enlists the help of a friend...in walks Landon. She entices his help to teach her
Goodreads Librari...: Cover update 4 29 Dec 30, 2017 08:04PM
Lilly Avalon is the thirty-something author of romance books with sexytimes. She started to pen her first erotica at twelve years old, but her mom found the "dirty story" and threw it away, which was just as well because it wasn't that good. At all. Luckily, she continued to write stories for years until she rediscovered her love of sexy tales in her late twenties.

Lilly currently resides in Ohio w