Start by marking “Skywatcher (Dragon Wine #2)” as Want to Read:
Skywatcher (Dragon Wine #2)

Skywatcher

(Dragon Wine #2)

Salinda recovers in the subterranean city of Barrahiem and learns more about the mysterious Hiem creature, Nils of Barr. With his vast store of pre-Shatterwing technology and knowledge, Nils is invaluable in the fight to save Margra.

Meanwhile, Laidan and Garan must escape from the Inspector to return to Trithorn Peak where Laidan's power can be studied. Brill and Danton c
ebook
Published October 9th 2014 by Momentum

To ask other readers questions about Skywatcher, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Skywatcher

Start your review of Skywatcher (Dragon Wine #2)
Elizabeth
Sep 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Originally published at West Coast Book Reviews

I received a copy from Netgalley in exchange for my honest review. It was available as a pre-order on Amazon but I couldn't wait.

While I found Skywatcher to be less dark than Shatterwing, book one, it was no less compelling, interesting and fantastic in fact it was even more so. Skywatcher picks up where Shatterwing left off. As I mentioned in my review of Shatterwing, all the pieces were in place and they quickly start moving.

I loved the tension as
Dion Perry
The story continues with Salinda being taken to the underground city with Nils and healed through technology. In the meantime, Brill and Danton pursue the Inspector’s dragon wine. This leads them to an observatory where skywatchers still keep an eye upwards against the threat of falling moon fragments. Insulted simply that the place exists, the Inspector orders it attacked.

The book is character rather than plot driven. The endless explanations of emotional state were not my cup of tea and I thou
Jessica Nour
Dec 30, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: books-owned
This book was better than the first. Skywatcher's plot flowed a lot better than Shatterwing and I'm so glad there was less sexual exploitation in it. ...more
Steve
Sep 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is a very fine Fantasy novel.

This installment picks up where Shatterwing left off, and if you haven't read the first book, you'll want to before you get into this one as you'll be a bit lost without it.

Everything begins to click together in this second book. This is non stop action until the very end. Plot lines are spiraling together towards their inevitable collision and conclusion.

There is even an unexpected twist in this one that I really didn't see coming.

In comparison to the first
Amanda J Spedding
Jun 24, 2015 rated it liked it
This is a 3.5 star rating. While I enjoyed this instalment (which is left open for another book), and the development and growth of almost all the character, and tied up a lot of threads from book one -- I didn't get the 'big bang' I was hoping for. Overall, it's a great read. Full review to come. ...more
Donna
Jan 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great Series!

I stopped reading several times just to check the name, because I'd not heard of the author before. I keep thinking "what a good story" she wrote. Loving it.
Shari  Mulluane
Source: Publisher
Original: Dragons, Heroes and Wizards

This tale builds and grows. Dragons prowl the skies. An unexpected romance develops. A heart is destroyed. Meanwhile the shattered moon keeps bombarding this world with fiery fragments and the only people who can save them all, are now under siege.

♦ My Thoughts. It took me far too long to review this and I apologize. Between the holidays and reviews with deadlines that I chose to honor, it fell through the cracks. I want to state, for the rec
Sonja
Sep 26, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
I was really looking forward to reading this book after finishing the first one so it's kind of sad how disappointed I was with it. The writing and world building were still great but, honestly, I was kind of bored with over the first two thirds of the story. I understand that all that happened during that time was important, but so little actually happened. Though one thing really did make me mad.

Rescued by Danton and Brill, Garan and Laiden lead the way to the observatory. Being chased by the
Kerry Bridges
Jan 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
The Inspector is on the move. Not content with defeating Lenk and conquering Vanden he wants the observatory too. But fate has brought Salinda together with Laidan, Garan, Brill and Danton and together, they will not let the observatory fall.

If you haven't read "Shatterwing" first, I absolutely recommend that you do so - it will completely spoil the story for you if you haven't, and indeed, I commented on that review that they should be one book and I still agree with that notion.

As a book in it
Amanda Bridgeman
Nov 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This a great follow up to Shatterwing. In fact, I liked it more! What I like best about these books is the world-building. Hanson has created an interesting landscape in which to set this story, from the Ruel Moon up in the sky, to the observatory that watches and protects the land, to the underground city of Barrahiem and The Ways linking it to the rest of the world. The characters, too, are interesting, with Nils of Barr and Garan probably being my favourite. This book comes to a satisfactory ...more
Melissa
Dec 16, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2014
This was just an ok book for me. It had a great twist, but I just couldn't seem to immerse myself into the story. I found myself sometimes just perusing pages and not really reading them. I am not sure why this didn't capture my attention, as I like the fantasy genre and the author has a beautiful flow to her work. Just wasn't the right fit for me.

I was given this book in exchange for an honest review via Netgalley.
Sonia
Aug 27, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not perfect but a great story

This sequel was better than the original, though I'm still not wrapt in the ending - it at least gave some closure. The characters are quite well developed and the subject matter is certainly original.
Briana Polden
Jan 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book is a coming together of 2 elements from the first book. It was a great read and nice to pj now what actually happens to the main characters. Can't wait for the net instalment ...more
Jacqueline Gammon
Kat
Feb 28, 2018
Mitchell Launder
Dec 04, 2017
Donna Maree Hanson is a Canberra-based writer of fantasy, science fiction, horror, and under the pseudonym (Dani Kristoff) paranormal romance.

Her dark fantasy series (which some reviewers have called ‘grim dark’), Dragon Wine, is published by Momentum Books (Pan Macmillan digital imprint). Book 1: Shatterwing and Book 2: Skywatcher are out now in digital and print on demand.

In April 2015, she wa

Dragon Wine (6 books)
  • Shatterwing (Dragon Wine #1)
  • Deathwings (Dragon Wine, #3)
  • Bloodstorm (Dragon Wine #4)
  • Skyfire (Dragon Wine #5)
  • Moonfall (Dragon Wine #6)