Start by marking “The Game Plan (Game On, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Game Plan (Game On, #3)

The Game Plan (Game On #3)

4.18  ·  Rating Details ·  15,231 Ratings  ·  1,415 Reviews
A beard-related dare and one hot-as-hell kiss changes everything.

NFL center Ethan Dexter’s focus has always been on playing football and little else. Except when it comes to one particular woman. The lovely Fiona Mackenzie might not care about his fame, but she’s also never looked at him as anything more than one of her brother-in-law’s best friend. That ends now.

Fi doesn
Published November 1st 2015

To ask other readers questions about The Game Plan, please sign up.

Krystal Yes! I thought the exact same thing! It'll be interesting since Fi seems to like the preppy rich guys.. Can't wait!!
Sharon description Dex chapter 28:
description Dex chapter 28:
"I don't know much about the big center, other than he's quiet, the team's captain, and likes to paint. Bearded and tatted along his muscled arms, with a shock of wild brown hair that grows thick on his head, he's hot in a broody, lumbersexual kind of way. Because, yeah, I can totally see him rocking a plaid shirt and chopping some wood." Ivy's thoughts about him in The Friend Zone...(less)

Val ⚓️ Shameless & Bitchy Skanky ⚓️ Steamy Reads Mrs. Danvers-Tate-Snow
Re-read 2/8/16...Reading the Wall of Winnipeg made me want to re-read this again for some reason. Something about big, buff, stoic footballers, I guess...

10 Million, I LOVE Ethan Dexter Stars

I'm gonna make a bold statement here and just straight say that I heareby annoint myself as the Official Lead Minion of the Ethan Dexter Minion Brigade.

description

So all you other bitches?

Step.

The.

Fuck.

Aside.

Cause I'm watching you.

And I WILL cut a bitch.

description

Now that we've gotten that out of the way...let me talk mor
*****4.5 STARS*****
{ARC Genterously Provided by Author In Exchange for an Honest Review}
(BR with Dee and Mel)

"You've ruined me, Fiona. I'm not sure I know how to live without you anymore."

photo b127c70bfe130bb979526cf137a4b2ad_zpsdubk0fo3.jpg

I think that romances with athletes, college or professional, are definitely on my top faves list along with the billionaire bad boys and bad ass bikers. The Game On series gives us some seriously HOT book boyfriends to swoon over. I am still very partial to Gray and was so happy that he has a huge presence
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
4.5 Stars

I didn't expect you, Ethan."
His eyes search my face. "I've been waiting two years for you to see me."

See that utterly pathetic pile of melted, swooning goo on the floor right now? Yep. That's me. Who would have thought I'd meet my end at the hands of a bearded, pierced, and man-bun wearing virgin?

Because if anyone was going to make my manwhore and asshole loving self fall completely head over heals for a virgin, it had to be Kristen Callihan. Having read 2 other male virgin books be
Jennifer Kyle
May 07, 2015 Jennifer Kyle rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
*3.75 * FEAR THE BEARD Stars

description

Kristen Callihan delivered another enjoyable installment to this series. Ethan Dexter was a pretty wonderful hero. He has admired Ivy’s sister from a far and decides it’s time to make his move. Also ladies, he’s a twenty-four year old virgin!

”The bearded, tattooed, mountain of man-muscle looks more like a biker than a football player. Rumor has it he’s a virgin…”

description

Ethan and Fiona spend vacation time at Ivy and Gray’s and Ethan makes his move.

”I want you badly enough
Lisa Jayne
Sep 20, 2014 Lisa Jayne rated it really liked it
FOUR CHERRY AND BIG GUY STARS.

"All’s fair in love and football…Game on."

description

And that my fellow reader friends is exactly how a romance novel should be written. Readers, this author is so insanely talented it's almost criminal just how good Kristen Callihan actually is. I'm so in awe of her ability to grab me into the heart of her story telling. You'd have to be mad not to fall in love with this author and her crazy good, romantic inventiveness. If by any chance you haven't yet invested your time a
Amy (Foxy)
Oct 22, 2015 Amy (Foxy) rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Amy (Foxy) by: Kim Bailey
"The bearded, tattooed, mountain of man-muscle looks more like a biker than a football player. Rumor has it he’s a virgin, but she finds that hard to believe."

SAY WHAT? A hot dude who's a virgin?! GAME ON

A beard-related dare and one hot-as-hell kiss changes everything.
Beards are in right now. Done right they can be hot. I saw it on the internet so it must be true. See the scientific evidence in this gif.
description
My high school daughter told me that her friend is dating a guy with a beard and that she
♥~♥Geri ~ the Racy Lit Reader ♥~♥
4.5 stars!

Dex...

Fi...

Together, they're explosive.

Kristen Callihan is probably one of three authors who can make me embrace and love a book with an insta-love trope. The Game Plan sort of straddle the insta love line considering that the hero Dex has had his eye on Fi the moment he met her and Fi pretty much fell for Dex immediately.

But the wonderful writing, the chemistry between the characters, the secondary characters and Dex (rawr!). As much as I love Fi in all her quirky girly glory, Dex
S.M. West
4.75 "FearTheBeard" STARS

This was really well done. Ethan Dexter blew my socks off. This was sexy, sweet, endearing and yes, angsty but not because of immature drama...talk about a mature and refreshing relationship!

I know I'm not alone when I say that I freakin' LOVE LOVE LOVE this series!!! I seriously don’t know how Kristen Callihan does it but each of her leading men in this series have stolen my heart. I was gaga over Drew, loved Gray and now, Ethan! I’m going to steal Fi’s words to best ex
Patrycja

Release Date: 1st November, 2015
Rating: 4 stars
Cliffhanger:. No
HEA: (view spoiler)

”You’re my kind of perfect.”

If you are familiar with Game On Series you probably have been waiting anxiously for Ethan Dexter’s story. Fortunately the long wait is now over! And The Game Plan turned out to be another winner. It made me all gooey inside.

Kristen Callihan delivered another sexy, cute as
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
IT'S LIVE AMAZON http://amzn.to/1MA5cpp

5 CHERRY STARS

"I've been waiting two years for you to see me."

Why did this story have to end?I loved it so much and I couldn't put it down! Fi and Dex are amazing!!I loved their characters so much and I just wanted to read more and more about them!! I love this series and this book is unique! I loved Gray and so far he was my favorite, but guys wait until you meet Dex! This man...he stole my heart!

description

Dex wants Fi from the first moment he meets her but he was
Rachel Reads Ravenously

So I'm having the hardest time writing my review because while I didn't hate this book, I really did not enjoy it either. It is a strong 2.5 stars. After loving The Hook Up so much, it pained me not to love this one, so I'll do my best to explain myself in a nice way.

The Game Plan is the story of NFL player Dex and a girl named Fiona. Dex has watched Fi over the last 2 years and fell for her hard from afar. Fi in return barely noticed Dex. When Dex goes to visit Fi's sister and brothe
Katy Loves Romance ❤️
4 Stars****
 photo 7DCC2237-F51B-46AC-87D2-6B030313782A_zpsm2kv2tcr.jpg

I absolutely ADORE this series Gray gray was my favourite and he still is to be honest, he was just everything saying that this one is a close second and a much more maturer developed story. There was no immaturity with them both and they dealt with their path pretty well..

Fi is Ivy's younger sister and is a bit of a fly away in that she is always searching for something better. In her career to the men she sleeps with, that is until Ethan Dexter walks into her life.
 photo 6AAC69D5-C809-408D-A846-1079337E9038_zpsfkbreokz.gif

Dex is Grays b
Sharon ∞❥ is an angst book junkie ❥∞
It is always the quiet ones you have to watch out for. And in Dex's case, he's been patient and he's been waiting for the right time...the right time to make things happen with Fi.

We've met both Dex and Fi in the previous book. Fi being Ivy's sister and Dex being best friends to both Gray and Drew. So, it's a nice little group...everyone is comfortable with everyone else. And it's certainly convenient when both Dex and Fi end up staying the week with Gray and Ivy.

It all started with a dare.
Violina The Romance Lover
FULL REVIEW POSTED!

4,5 "Sexy Dexy" stars

Oh my Swooooooooon!!!

Ethan and Fionna.. you two love birds!!!

About the book:

It all started with a dare.. at least for Fionna.
Ethan's feeling have been develped from much longer than that. For 2 years he did nothing to win Fionna, not even get her attetion so when the time has finally came nothing couldn't stop him making her his, to be with her.

“If you want only one woman, the rest is just noise.”

Fionna and Ethan were so different yet th
Christie«SHBBblogger»

Title: The Game Plan
Series: Game On #3
Author: Kristen Callihan
Release date: November 1, 2015
Cliffhanger: No
HEA(view spoiler)

If you're a follower of Kristen Callahan (or even if you're not), I can say with confidence that this is pretty much a sure bet. It's everything I love about her books: fun, flirty, and addictive. With each installment I read in this series, it just seems to get better and better. The witty bantering, the camaraderie of this group of friends-it promise
Eda** # Dax Lahn's Golden Tigress  #

** 3,5-4 “you’re my kind of perfect” STARS **

“I didn’t expect you, Ethan.”

“I’ve been waiting 2 years for you to see me.”

Dex was PERFECTION.

I can't say the same about Fi, though.

OVERALL: I don't exactly know what didn't work so much for me in this book. I just know that I was bored for 30% of it, and couldn't quite get into the romance side of the story. *sigh*

/////////////////

I see that EVERYONE except poor 'lil Eda has an ARC of this awesomeness...

CAUSE OF DEATH: Jealousy
Mysza
May 04, 2015 Mysza rated it really liked it
COVER LUST!!! I can't even... GORGEOUS!!!

ARC received from the author in exchange for an honest review.
Kelli C ~ Jack Sawyer's Heart
4.5 Cherry Pie Stars!

Another book in the Game On series? A bearded sexy mountain of a man who just happens to be pure uncharted territory? HELL YES!

Ethan Dexter, *le sigh.” Such a beautiful deep soul whose angry intense play on the field is no mirror for his gentle/fragile heart on the inside. He has longed to play in the NFL his whole life…but his longing for Fiona Mackenzie over 2 years may just be his undoing.

“I didn’t expect you Ethan.” His eyes search my face. “I’ve been waiting two years f
Arabella ~♡AB♡~
★★★ 3 Stars ★★★

Let me start off by saying how much of a fan I am of this series, I love a sports college romance and Kristen Callihan knows how to write a gripping new adult story with brilliant characters and the right amount of angst and drama to keep you turning the pages without feeling like it's over the top.

Ethan Dexter is a 24 year old virgin, now playing as a center in the NFL he decides he has been watching best friend Gray's sister in-law from afar for too long now and it's time to mak
Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️
3.5 FearTheBeard Stars

photo D2D934AE-E08A-430F-9F2D-181A68ECB4D3_zpsssmyrldj.jpg

The Game Plan
is the third book in the Game On series, each one focusing on a different pro football player. I'd not read the first two books in the series as they can be read as standalones, yet, in a lot of ways, I wish I would've at least read Gray/Ivy's book, The Friend Zone. I think it would've given me a bit more background in this couple and I wouldn't have had the "insta-love" mental alert as I did here. Anywho...

Ethan Dexter has had his eye on Fiona Mackenzie for a
Eliza
 photo 8D2209FA-3D12-4061-ADD6-F2817C36F5B4_zpsch4qdwzv.jpg

High fives all round for the hot cover! *drools*

photo 3602F4D0-659A-4FA2-9580-7AAE5E606135_zpsluutqs3s.gif

There is a genuine excitement that courses through me when I think about how fantastic this book is. Kirsten Callihan is part of the few elite authors that corner the market on New Adult Romance. The Game Plan is a mighty fine read that promises every fan of the series more from characters we've already met and love, but even more importantly an introduction to the absolute divine specimen that is Ethan Dexter and firecracker that is Fiona Mackenzi
Jeanne
Oct 23, 2015 Jeanne rated it liked it
Shelves: panty-melting

I really enjoyed the first half or so of this one, and then I got a little bored. The first two books in the series stood out for me because of the great dialogue and the chemistry between the couples. This one was missing that imo. I loved Dex, but I think his character could have been better developed. I didn't really buy his reason for (view spoiler). I thought he was sweet, and I loved his dedication to Fiona. I wasn't tha
Stacey is Sassy
Crikey Jim Mikey...what's a bloody Tebow?

The first time a Tebow was mentioned, I wrote it off as a private joke. I started The Game Plan and I was like - I'll just finish this page and I'll look it up. The second time I came across it was - I'll just finish this chapter... So, you can see how I got to the end of The Game Plan and the author's notes finally prompted me to find out why Ethan Dexter was doing a Tebow. Each to their own and all that jazz, but it's kind of scary that our society is s
Kim Bailey
I LOVED THIS BOOK!

This review really needs to start with the obvious. That cover! It is smokin’ hot! So hot, I had the urge to find my husband and molest him. Lock the bedroom door! I swear that cover has fueled all my sexual urges for the past week.I know I'm not alone with this ... the cover & the concept of a leading man who's a virgin? Goodreads was buzzing with anticipation. I think many of us were quivering in giddy joy.

Beyond the cover ...
I absolutely adored this fun, heart-felt and s
Didi
2.5 STARS

I only have time for a quick review, so here it goes.
This was okay. If I'm comparing it to The Hook up, which is one of my favorite NA's of all time, or to The Friend Zone, a really good follow up, then yes, this struck way below than expected. Why?

I found the relationship between Dex (Ethan) and Fiona to be very insta. Their love and devotion felt like it came hard and fast--excuse the pun, lol--and out of left field. I get they understood each other. I also understood how they connec
Michelle
May 04, 2015 Michelle rated it it was amazing
Dex is just the best sweetheart luv him

I m totally in luv with this book/story/characters I just effing luv this an then there is Dex/Ethan Dexter who is this big strong tattooed pierced beard an super sexy football player but he's not your normal footballer he as a sensitive side that u just wouldnt expect from look in at him he as had a crush on his best friends sister in law Fiona/Fi he as had his eye on her for over 2 yrs an it's time he made a move so when he goes an spend some time with
Dee Montoya
****4.5 Dex & Fi Stars*****

(ARC provided in exchange for an honest review)

This book is a great addition to the fantastic Game On series. Kristen Callihan created a gorgeous story with the signature style that we have grown to love about these books, but managed to make it completely different. Very sweet and original, loved Dex and Fi's story...

photo a38b1ca1-cefd-4a7a-8388-27a8725a3430_zps3ghv2kbg.jpg

Dexter is big, tattooed, and has piercings in all the right places, but images can be deceiving and the hard exterior of this football super star mi
J *deep in the heart of Texas*
ARC kindly provided in exchange for an honest review
MELISSA
May 24, 2015 MELISSA rated it it was amazing
REVIEW TO COME
4.5 "It Had To Be You" Stars!
(ARC provided by author)

photo C4DC43E2-494C-4707-BB9C-DF63AE053E15_zpsinzredeu.jpg

photo ff3060a1-0679-42c4-b9d8-4728c6a8ff42_zpsyp4rbhde.jpg
Jen
3 Love The Beard Stars

One beard dare, and I was lost.

Let me start off by saying that I was on pins and needles waiting for The Game Plan to land on my kindle. The evening before it was released, I kept syncing and updating and Dammit, syncing again! all with the hopes this little ditty would finally be mine. At last my day in the sun had arrived, but in the end I was a little...underwhelmed.

We've met both Ethan "Dex" Dexter and Fiona Mackenzie in previous Game On books. Dex, teammate of Drew a
Turning Pages At ...: The Game Plan (Game On, #3) by Kristen Callihan 30 29 Dec 25, 2015 06:29AM
  • Jockblocked (Gridiron, #2)
  • The Score (Off-Campus, #3)
  • Us (Him #2)
  • Kissing Madeline (Dearest, #3)
  • Ryker (Cold Fury Hockey, #4)
  • Hearts of Blue (Hearts, #4)
  • The Girl's Got Secrets (Forbidden Men, #7)
  • Devious Minds (Devious Minds, #1)
  • Kulti
  • Fighting Solitude (On the Ropes, #3)
  • Sidebarred (The Legal Briefs, #3.5)
  • Beyond What is Given (Flight & Glory, #3)
  • The Play
Kristen Callihan is an author because there is nothing else she'd rather be. She is a RITA winner and three-time nominee and winner of two RT Reviewer's Choice awards. Her novels have garnered starred reviews from Publisher's Weekly and the Library Journal, as well as being awarded top picks by many reviewers. Her debut book FIRELIGHT received RT Magazine's Seal of Excellence, was named a best boo ...more
More about Kristen Callihan...

Game On (5 books)
  • The Hook Up (Game On, #1)
  • The Friend Zone (Game On, #2)
  • Untitled (Game On, #4)
  • Untitled (Game On, #5)

“If you want only one woman, the rest is just noise.” 26 likes
“And I don't want anyone but you. It doesn't matter if we're a thousand miles apart or right next to each other, I will always want you. Because that's how it is when you find your forever.” 18 likes